Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 177 Voting/WEEK 178 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:05 AM #1 of 26
Song of the Week - WEEK 177 Voting/WEEK 178 Nominating

Song of the Week. 175 Weeks and counting.
Week 177 Voting is closed.
Week 178 Nominating is restricted.

Results:
1). [21] Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger
2). [18] The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger
3). [14] www.dbsoundworks.com - The Teaching Robot
4). [12/8.5] Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6)
5). [12/8] Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19
6). [9] Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation
7). [5/5] AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off
8). [5/3.5] Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - The Album - Snorkeling Cactus Weasels

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: dbsoundworks dot com - The Teaching Robot
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - The Album - Snorkeling Cactus Weasels
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger
(use the download link) Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6)

Notes:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger was originally an OGG file. It is available in the extras folder for those who demand original encoding quality.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotW server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotW experience for everyone.

Week 178 Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Jul 30, 2009 at 05:33 AM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:14 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2009, 05:14 PM #2 of 26

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:49 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2009, 03:49 PM #3 of 26
Nomination #22

Composer: Shinji Orito
Album: Sense Off ~A Sacred Story in the Wind~ Original Soundtrack & Perfect Drama
Track Title: Cosmic Run
Track Number: 2-18
Year: 2001
Catalog Number: LACA-9005~6
Additional Information: Wow this is my first Shinji Orito SotW nom. O__O

Cosmically running to the FTP of stars and disco balls.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Opfer
nice

Member 28563

Level 18.16

Mar 2008

Old Jul 30, 2009, 05:00 AM Local time: Jul 30, 2009, 12:00 PM #4 of 26
Nomination:

Game Title: SSX Blur
Artist: Junkie XL
Track Number: 6
Track Title: A51
Year: 2007
Source: N/A: Music From SSX Blur - VGMdb

Uploaded to the FTP.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:39 PM Local time: Jul 30, 2009, 11:39 PM #5 of 26
Curious Nomination

How ya doing, buddy?
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:35 PM #6 of 26
(3 points) The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger: Fun and breezy, it delicately interwines pristine synths with enjoyable mid-tempo guitar licks. The second half change in tempo is a nice twist as well.

(2 points) dbsoundworks dot com - The Teaching Robot: An OCRemixer, right? Danny acquits itself himself nicely here with a track that's equal parts nimble electronic synths and driving bass. It's both groovin' and fun.

(1 point) Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation: It's deeper than you expect, but it's heavier rhythms that give it an actioney feel. I do miss these SNES sounds.

As for the rest:

Final Take Off is fine, but it gets no points for me simply for being a permutation of the After Burner theme. dreamenddischarger starts promisingly, but nine minutes later it's simply too much. BGM No_19 isn't bad, but this combination of violin and heartland piano isn't exactly my thing. Snowfield Story never develops into anything substantial. And Snorkeling Cactus Weasels has a cool name, but a mediocre sound.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:18 PM #7 of 26
Really nice week. It's hard to distribute points. @_@

(2 points) dbsoundworks dot com - The Teaching Robot
(1 point) Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - The Album - Snorkeling Cactus Weasels
(1 point) AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off
(1 point) Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation
(1 point) Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6)

Game Title: Lunar Knights (Game Rip)
Artists: Boktai DS Unit (Hiroe Noguchi, Masashi Watanabe, Masanori Akita, Akihiro Honda, Shuichi Kobori, Nobuko Toda, Yuichi Tsuchiya, Yasuhiro Ichihashi, Tsutomu Watanabe, Tomoharu Nakano, Rie Yamatani, Yutaka Shimoyama, Rie Nakano, Hideyuki Suzuki, Kazuki Muraoka)
Track Title: Dumas
Year: 2007
Source: Game Credits for Lunar Knights

FELIPE NO
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:29 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2009, 12:29 PM #8 of 26
AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off has a fun sound from the get-go, and develops from the soaring to the cheesy, all while remaining pretty damn entertaining. Very solid stuff, although perhaps its weakness (melody) will lead to its undoing regarding points.

dbsoundworks dot com - The Teaching Robot has a slick futuristic sound, but this is unflatteringly contrasted by a sterile sound and a lack of real compositional creativity. Could've done much more, for sure.

Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation has that kind of sound that I'm not really fond of: driving, aimless synths and drums. Can't really commend this one for having a great melody either; it's just kinda there.

Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - The Album - Snorkeling Cactus Weasels is OK with some nice crunchin' riffs, but is overwhelmingly stagnant throughout. There aren't any hooks to catch my attention nor any moments of flair to bring me back for more. A decent listen, but I don't think it's one that I'll be willingly revisiting.

Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19 is an absolutely gorgeously crisp combination of guitar, violin/fiddle and piano. The hoedown tone is infectious, and the melodic sensibilities of the track are something to behold. Love the moments where all three instruments play in unison, like the final 10 seconds. <3

What. This is so unfair, I was going to nominate this in a couple of weeks! I certainly wouldn't be surprised or disheartened if The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger took the gold this week. The whole album has a jubilant, adventurous and fresh sound, a sound which is epitomised to a tee in this track.

Damn Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger is good. Fantastic variation on both an electronic and instrumental level (violin-->harpsichord was great), and the atmosphere and vibe is just as entrancing as it is vivid. Awesome piece of music.

Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6) is slick, smooth, and easy to digest. There aren't any standout elements, but as a whole I like this track. Simplistic downtempo chillout sort of stuff that doesn't get too overwhelmed with trying to sound too 'ambient' or too 'intricate'. *thumbs up*

even the POINT didn't want to trivialise such a fine week

2 points: Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19
1 point: Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger
1 point: The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger
1 point: AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off
1 point: Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6)
6th: Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - The Album - Snorkeling Cactus Weasels
7th: dbsoundworks dot com - The Teaching Robot
8th: Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation

Exceptionally strong week, save a couple of tracks. This week was arguably the most difficult time I've ever had distributing points. Love my nom and my would-be-nom, but there are a couple of fantastic discoveries too. Ended up being lame and giving my nom more points than the rest, but that really doesn't do this week justice.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:41 PM Local time: Jul 31, 2009, 08:41 PM #9 of 26
3 points - Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger
What a fantastic trance track. There are enough different segments to keep it entertaining for so long. Best served in the car while speeding down the highway. Excellent pick, Bigblah!

2 points - Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation
My nom. I'm mostly fond of the first 30 seconds of this track, but it has enough variety in melody to fill out the rest of the track. I like the instrument samples here.

1 point - dbsoundworks dot com - The Teaching Robot
Great track. Wish it had a little more length or variation, but it's still cool. Good work, Danny B!

Honor Mention - AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off

youseph
Wark!

Member 31093

Level 2.50

Jun 2008

Old Aug 2, 2009, 04:21 AM #10 of 26
-----

Last edited by youseph; Jul 31, 2014 at 05:59 PM.
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 04:29 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2009, 11:29 AM #11 of 26
3 points: Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger
2 points: Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation
1 point: Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6)

dreamenddischarger definitely provides some great driving music. Well, at least while having it blaring through my user tracks radio and cruising around Los Santos in GTA: San Andreas. I think I'm going to make it a habit of listening to each SotW like so. Final Fight 3's soundtrack is underrated, and this week's pick is pretty solid. Ideally, I would have preferred For Metro City, of course.

Rimo
Rise Above It

Member 186

Level 31.23

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:42 AM #12 of 26
(3 points) Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - The Album - Snorkeling Cactus Weasels
(2 points) The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger
(1 point) Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 01:14 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2009, 02:14 AM #13 of 26
Quick votes:

(2 points) Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6)

(2 points) Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch (Game Rip) - dreamenddischarger

(2points) dB soundworks - The Teaching Robot

Honourable mentions to Final Fight 3. Had my top picks not been so good, I'd have given Final Fight a point.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I think therefore I am... I think.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 01:45 PM #14 of 26
I found the majority of this week's nominations to be very average.

3 Points: The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger
2 Points: Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19
1 Point: dbsoundworks dot com - The Teaching Robot

Nomination

Album: Microcosm (Sega CD Redbook Audio)
Artist: Rick Wakeman
Title: Egoniaga
Number: 3

How ya doing, buddy?
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 04:02 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2009, 11:02 PM #15 of 26
<<3 points>> The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger
<<1 point>> dB soundworks - The Teaching Robot
<<1 point>> Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger
<<1 point>> Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19

FELIPE NO
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Aug 2, 2009, 06:27 PM #16 of 26
3 points: Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger
2 points: Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19
1 point: dB soundworks - The Teaching Robot

Wow, the Umineko song is awesome.

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:53 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2009, 08:53 PM #17 of 26
2 points: Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6)
1 point: AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off
1 point: Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation
1 point: The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger
1 point: Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger

The whole middle of the Umineko track (1:14-3:19) seemed kind of extraneous. I'd have given it consideration for more points if that were cut out.

Explosive Situation did get consideration for more points, though, man that bass <3333

Undertale (PC, 2015)
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:02 AM #18 of 26
No time for detailed comments this week:

The Teaching Robot - 3 pts.
Guitar Slinger - 2 pts.
BGM No. 19 - 1 pt.

Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 04:32 AM #19 of 26
The order of tracks is mixed up again, this always gives me some little problems assigning points.

1 Points - AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off: it's allright I guess
1 Points - Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19: another horse/stable track, I tend to find them amusing nowadays
1 Points - The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger: huh? it's like two tracks, but it does have good moments
2 Point - Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger: contains some of the best parts this week
1 Points - Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6): steady atmosphere, that managed to cue some attention without being distractive

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:45 AM #20 of 26
Nomination

Album: Microcosm (Sega CD Redbook Audio)
Artist: Rick Wakeman
Title: Egoniaga
Number: 3
What?!?

Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:33 AM #21 of 26
3 points: Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6)
2 points: Explosive Situation
1 point: Snorkleling Cactus Wheels
Just missed: dreamenddischarger, BGM No. 19, The Teaching Robot, Guitar Slinger

Those trumpets in this new version of Final Takeoff... who's bright idea was that?

Also Explosive Situation's synth soloing was some of the most awkward soloing I've ever heard, though I am able to overlook that due to the pretty sweet groove.

Aside from that, absolutely no complaints. Good week.

How ya doing, buddy?
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2009, 01:34 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2009, 07:34 PM #22 of 26
2 points ~ Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch (Game Rip) - dreamenddischarger

1 point ~ dB soundworks - The Teaching Robot

1 point ~ AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off

2 Points ~ The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:09 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2009, 10:09 PM #23 of 26
Voting is closed and nominations are restricted!

1). [21] Umineko no Naku Koro ni episode4 - Alliance of the golden witch - dreamenddischarger
2). [18] The Wanderer - Guitar Slinger
3). [14] www.dbsoundworks.com - The Teaching Robot
4). [12/8.5] Zanac X Zanac (Game Rip) - Snowfield Story (Neo Area 6)
5). [12/8] Seven-Bridge (Game Rip) - BGM No_19
6). [9] Final Fight 3 (Game Rip) - Explosive Situation
7). [5/5] AFTER BURNER 20th Anniversary Box - Final Take Off
8). [5/3.5] Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - The Album - Snorkeling Cactus Weasels

How ya doing, buddy?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:14 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2009, 03:14 PM #24 of 26
Nice result. In hindsight, I could have probably nominated a much stronger Seven-Bridge track. But I doubt it would have taken the gold; some fantastic competition, and a very deserving gold placing.

Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2009, 03:14 PM #25 of 26
I neglected to ask this earlier, since I've heard other tracks from the game: What is Seven-Bridge? What system is it on?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 177 Voting/WEEK 178 Nominating