Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:27 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 11:27 AM #1501 of 3609
How do they establish a time of death though is my question.
This has nothing to do with this forum but i figure it should be addressed.

Temperature of the body is one factor since our bodies give off heat and when there isn't anything to generate heat, the temperature goes down.

Also, like what was said, bugs start to grow on and inside the body, like flies in larva, pupa and adult stages

I was speaking idiomatically.
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:57 PM #1502 of 3609
Incase anyone wants to watch the press conference it can be streamed online.

http://media.myfoxatlanta.com/live/index2.html

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Malahk Angel
Hooray Beer!

Member 9195

Level 8.84

Jun 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:03 PM #1503 of 3609
CNN is also broadcasting it. I'm stunned how much press this is getting. It's like Phil Hartman all over again.

FELIPE NO
If there is evil in this world, it lies within the hearts of mankind.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:21 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 02:21 PM #1504 of 3609
Well, I sadly called everything but Benoit's cause of death.

I wish I could have been wrong too, but god damn to take innocent lives like that.

I'm hoping the coverage this gets starts a chain reaction to everyone else in the industry that they need to stay the fuck away from med addictions.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Malahk Angel
Hooray Beer!

Member 9195

Level 8.84

Jun 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:33 PM #1505 of 3609
I'd still like to think that it was carbon monoxide that killed his wife and son, and that he offed himself out of depression. I really really can't bring myself to think of Benoit doing otherwise.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:40 PM #1506 of 3609
I really hope that's the case, Malahk. I mean, if you strangle someone wouldn't you find marks on their neck? Still, I want to hear what the autopsy says. This just doesn't make any damn sense.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:40 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 02:40 PM #1507 of 3609
Looks like I may have messed up the order a bit too, but alas..

Originally Posted by CNN.com
Law enforcement officials confirm they believe wrestler Chris Benoit asphyxiated his son on Friday and his wife on Saturday morning before hanging himself later Saturday.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:51 PM #1508 of 3609
I think CNN has the order backwards, because it's believed he killed her, then his son, then himself. I'm 95% sure that is also what was said during the press conference.

Most amazing jew boots

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:56 PM #1509 of 3609
Damn, wonder if they'll say anything on ECW tonight.

Malahk Angel
Hooray Beer!

Member 9195

Level 8.84

Jun 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 03:06 PM #1510 of 3609
Apparently the idea for ECW tonight and for SmackDown! on Friday is to just do straight matches. No storylines, no nothing. I'd imagine they'd update us on what's going on, but don't expect more than straight up wrestling tonight.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 03:16 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 03:16 PM #1511 of 3609
That might be best, because there's no way in hell they can continue most of their plans considering the shit centered around the false death angles.

Just imagine how Johnny Nitro must feel right now. He's ECW Champion, but man... that belt has a cloud over it now.

FELIPE NO
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 03:22 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 10:22 AM #1512 of 3609
Full report of the press conference:

Quote:
Below are notes from this afternoon's press conference regarding the Benoit family tragedy. This report was written by Richard Gray of WrestlingNewsWorld.com.

Lt. Tommy Pope:

- Benoit’s wife Nancy was murdered Friday by asphyxiation. She was in the office area of the house, dead, for close to a day

- Benoit’s son Daniel was murdered Saturday by asphyxiation. Daniel was confirmed to be in his bed when law enforcement officials found him.

- Chris Benoit committed suicide late Saturday early Sunday. No type of suicide note or anything in the house was located.

- Authorities are still waiting further results from crime lab and toxicology reports which could take several weeks to get back.

- Only one prior arrest of Chris Benoit is known. It was allegedly for a DUI, but nothing can be confirmed. There is no knowledge at this time if there was a history of domestic violence with Chris Benoit. It was also not know whether or not a divorce had been filed.

- Lots of prescription medications found in Benoit’s house that police believe to be illegal prescriptions at this time. However, he then said that police found anabolic steroids but would not say what all they found without a full list.

Police would not release a motive at this time.

- Law enforcement officials reported that Benoit text messaged a co-worker, which was received several hours after it was sent; contents of the message were not revealed. It was also not confirmed who the message was sent too, other than a co-worker.

- Steroids were not directly related to any of the deaths, police are unable to answer what Chris Benoit’s state of mind was during the killings.

District Attorney Scott Ballard:

- Bibles found by both victims, Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

- Nancy was found with her wrist and feet bound, she was on her feet, with blood under her head. That was the only sign of a struggle (the blood under her head). She was wrapped in a towel.

- Both victims were found clothed.

- Ballard said that he was told in 2003 a temporary protective order was sought and later dismissed. Ballard said that orders are typically for domestic violence, but not always.

- Ballard said that he is baffled why anyone would kill a 7 year old kid, but has no idea of the motive.

- Ballard said that there was no evidence that Chris Benoit was trying to hide the bodies. It is unknown if the Benoits have family in the area but they do have other family.

- Ballard said that he is not aware of any 911 calls and he has not personally talked to World Wrestling Entertainment.

- The three bodies were found in three different rooms, according to DA Ballard.

- Daniel Benoit’s body was found in his bed in his upstairs bedroom.

- Nancy Benoit’s body was in what looked to be in a family room upstairs.

- Chris Benoit’s body was found downstairs in the house in a weight room. Benoit was hung by a cord attached to a pulley used in weight lifting.

- Nothing further is known about the family emergency that Chris Benoit told WWE that he had to deal with.

- The next step in the investigation will be the toxicology reports. At this point, they are pretty clear it was a murder-suicide. Authorities need to get toxicology reports back to draw a firm confusion. Steroids were found but authorities can’t confirm he was on steroids. It could take several weeks to get toxicology reports.

- Ballard confirms that Bibles were found by each of the two victims, he did not know if they were identical or opened.

END PRESS CONFERENCE

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 05:40 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 04:40 PM #1513 of 3609
Fucking horrible. At this rate I'll log on tomorrow to hear he also allegedly killed the entire family next door. Roid-rage sounds to me like the ONLY understandable reason for him to've flipped out this way if he actually did it. Shit man, he really was a rabid wolverine.

How ya doing, buddy?
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:19 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 04:19 PM #1514 of 3609
Apparently the idea for ECW tonight and for SmackDown! on Friday is to just do straight matches. No storylines, no nothing. I'd imagine they'd update us on what's going on, but don't expect more than straight up wrestling tonight.
Its like what they did with Eddie, Raw and SD! were just straight wrestling. Wonder if they might make ECW go totally extreme...It'd be nice if they brought back a lot of the ECW alums just for tonight

CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:27 PM #1515 of 3609
I got two more things on the Benoit case.

Quote:
Fayetteville, Georgia District Attorney Scott Ballard was interviewed by ESPN.com as part of a feature article on the Chris Benoit murder-suicide case. Ballard told the website that the text messages that have been mentioned previously as sent by Benoit (believed to be sent to WWE star Chavo Guerrero, who had just spent time with the family) stated that Nancy and Daniel Benoit were sick (believed to be sent after they were murdered) and a second noting the doors were open and the dogs were outside. Ballard believed the second message may have been an attempt by Benoit to make sure the bodies were discovered after his suicide.

More shocking was Ballard's revelation that The Benoit's son Daniel was found with needle marks in his arms. ESPN wrote, "The district attorney said he believed that the boy had been given growth hormones for some time because the family considered him undersized." HGH can be prescribed for children deemed hormone deficient, but there's no clearcut indication as to why the seven year old would have been taking it.

To read the complete ESPN article, click here.
also

Quote:
WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting
Written: June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.
This is becoming fucking crazy.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:36 PM #1516 of 3609
Wait...one thing though. I thought Benoit left Saturday morning/afternoon, missing the Saturday/Sunday shows...

Not looking good.

More so, it now looks like the WWE wants nothing to do with this. They are still having the story up on this all, but they (and TNA) have removed all references of Benoit from their website. This is perhaps the darkest day of wrestling, even darker than Owen. Owen was tragic, but at least he didn't do this and even showing his caringness to the end (told the ref to move so he didn't fall on him).

In retrospect, this is a guy who was both a former WCW and WWE champion, multiple time tag, TV, US and IC champion, and would havebeen the ECW world heavyweight champion, let alone a future hall of famer. He was someone who had respect and admiration all over the world for being respectful, caring, and trustworthy. He was apart of the emotional wins in the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania of 2004, whose picture with Eddie is one of the most emotional and huge pictures in Wrestlemania and Pro wrestling history (which now, never again can be used). He has all sorts of other accolades...the first man to win the Mania main event by submission, the first man to make Trips tap, the man to 'avenge' Bret by having Michaels tap, a man who was in several tribute matches for Pillman (main evented against Regal), Owen (went against Bret), and Eddie (faced Triple H after an emotional, to the part that he was crying, interview), and he would have been the second to man to have held 'all three' 'world' titles. NOw, it would be pretty hard to watch the 2004 Royal Rumble or Mania 2004 because no matter how cool those matches were, it will be hard to swallow knowing what we know. While the idea is slowly becoming more acceptable, it's still hard to believe that someone who had accomplished all that...and would have accomplished so much more, threw it all away...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by mortis; Jun 26, 2007 at 06:48 PM.
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:47 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 01:47 PM #1517 of 3609
McMahon to Apologize for Benoit Tribute:

Quote:
WWE Chairman Vince McMahon will apologize for the three-hour USA Network tribute to pro wrestler Chris Benoit that aired Monday night, sources said.

The WWE and USA Network have received complaints about the tribute, which was hastily produced after Mr. Benoit, his wife and their son were found dead in their Georgia home Monday afternoon.

Authorities said Tuesday that Mr. Benoit strangled his wife and suffocated his son, then took his own life. But WWE and network officials were unaware of the circumstances of Mr. Benoit’s death when the tribute was assembled, sources said.

The WWE canceled its regularly scheduled “Monday Night RAW” event on USA Network Monday night and aired the tribute in its place.

Mr. McMahon will address wrestling fans tonight on Sci Fi Channel’s live Extreme Championship Wrestling event. He also plans to address speculation that Mr. Benoit’s actions were the result of steroid use.

The WWE plans to resume its regular wrestling telecasts, which air on USA Network, Sci Fi Channel and the CW.

Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:51 PM #1518 of 3609
Deliberate thought huh? Sounds like Benoit was fighting the urge to take them out but lost. The bibles near them could possibly express a request for forgiveness from God. However he took his own life, and there is no forgiveness in that. Strange, on the outside he looked like a well collected individual, but I guess that was his wrestling persona. Even throughout his WCW days(I'm talking EARLY 90's) he didn't need sabbiticals or time off, etc.

I'm all confused and just trying to make sense of it all. But I do know this, his career was an outlet.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:58 PM #1519 of 3609
That was what I was thinking Storm.

I do, for once, feel bad for McMahon. I agree with maybe two things he has done in recent years, but this time he wasn't in the wrong, and acted only on instinct, love, and what was natural in the wrestling business.

Here is another story on Yahoo:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine pulley, authorities said Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Investigators found anabolic steroids in the house and want to know whether the muscle man nicknamed "The Canadian Crippler" was unhinged by the bodybuilding drugs, which can cause paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage."

Authorities offered no motive for the killings, which were spread out over a weekend, and would not discuss Benoit's state of mind. No suicide note was found.

"In a community like this it's bizarre to have a murder-suicide, especially involving the death of a 7-year-old," District Attorney Scott Ballard said. "I don't think we'll every be able to wrap our minds around this."

The Montreal-born Benoit was one of the stars of the WWE wrestling circuit and was known for his wholesome family-man image. His wife, Nancy, was a wrestling stage manager who worked under the name "Woman." They married in 2000.

When he won the world heavyweight championship in 2004, Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) hoisted the belt over his head and invited his wife and child into the ring to celebrate. Asked by the Calgary Sun that same year to name his worst vice: Benoit replied: "Quality time with my family is a big vice. It's something I'll fight for and crave."

Nevertheless, Nancy Benoit filed for a divorce in 2003, saying the couple's three-year marriage was irrevocably broken and alleging "cruel treatment." She later dropped the complaint, as well as a request for a restraining order in which she charged that the 5-foot-10, 220-pound Benoit had threatened her and had broken furniture in their home.

In the divorce filing, she said Benoit made more than $500,000 a year as a professional wrestler and asked for permanent custody of Daniel and child support. In his response, Benoit sought joint custody.

The bodies were found Monday afternoon in the house, situated off a gravel road in this suburb about 20 miles south of Atlanta.

Benoit's 43-year-old wife was killed Friday in an upstairs family room, her feet and wrists were bound and there was blood under her head, indicating a possible struggle, Ballard said. Daniel was probably killed late Saturday or early Sunday, the body found in his bed, the district attorney said.

Benoit, 40, apparently hanged himself several hours and as long as a day later, Ballard said. His body was found in a downstairs weight room, his body found hanging from the pulley of a piece of exercise equipment.

A closed Bible was placed next to the bodies of the wife and son, authorities said.

The prosecutor said he found it "bizarre" that the WWE wrestling star spread out the killings over a weekend and appeared to remain in the house for up to a day with the bodies.

Toxicology test results may not be available for weeks or even months, Ballard said. As for whether steroids played a role in the crime, he said: "We don't know yet. That's one of the things we'll be looking at."

Steroids have been linked to the deaths of several professional wrestlers in recent years. Eddie Guerrero, one of Benoit's best friends, died in 2005 from heart failure linked to long-term steroid use.

The father of Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig blamed steroids and painkillers for Hennig's drug overdose death in 2003. Davey Boy Smith, the "British Bulldog," died in 2002 from heart failure that a coroner said was probably caused by steroids.

Benoit was a quiet, roughhewn figure amid the glitz and bluster of pro wrestling. He performed under his real name, eschewed scripted personas and didn't bother to fix a gap where he had lost one of his front teeth. (According to the WWE Web site, he lost the tooth while roughhousing with his pet Rottweiler.)

His signature move was the "Crippler Crossface," in which he would lock his hands around an opponent's face and stretch his neck.

He met his wife in the 1990s when she was married to rival wrestler Kevin Sullivan. As part of the scripted rivalry, Benoit and Nancy were supposed to act as if they were having an affair. A real romance blossomed, and she left Sullivan for Benoit.

Neighbors said the Benoits led a low-key lifestyle.

"We would see Chris walking in his yard from time to time. He wasn't rude, but he wasn't really outwardly warm," said Alaina Jones, who lives across the street.

Jimmy Baswell, who was Benoit's driver for more than five years, placed a white wreath at the Benoits' gate. "They always seemed like they were the happiest people," he said.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who had received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

"He was like a family member to me, and everyone in my family is taking it real hard," said fellow Canadian Bret Hart, a five-time champion.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, after the bodies were discovered.

Monday's show was supposed to be a memorial service for WWE owner Vince McMahon. In a storyline concocted by the WWE, McMahon was supposedly "assassinated" in a limousine explosion two weeks earlier. McMahon appeared at the beginning of Monday's telecast and acknowledged the bombing was made up.

The McMahon storyline has been dropped.

The really note-worthy point that I think may be new, is, in this horrid tragedy, if anything, at least it woke McMahon up in that he realized that his storyline was in bad taste and should go away. At least I think (As sad as it would be, I would almost see McMahon continuing it because he wants to try to pretend that the three hour tribute DIDN'T happen out of desperation).

How ya doing, buddy?
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 07:19 PM #1520 of 3609
I feel sorry for Vince, having to apologize to a national audience on tv.. for something he knew nothing about.

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 07:21 PM #1521 of 3609
Here are a few more supposedly stories.

-Shepherd Smith on Fox News, when introducing the press conference, referred to Chris Benoit as "this Chris Benoit character," ran down the ways each died, and said now steroids are suspected as having triggered his actions.

-Lt. Pope said after a call for a "welfare check" prompted by WWE, they found all three bodies in the home mid-afternoon. He said autopsies have been performed and it is being considered a homicide-homicide-suicide. They said he murdered his wife by affixiation as far back as Friday, then his son Daniel the next day, then hanged himself likely on Sunday. He said toxicology reports can take up to several weeks to obtain. During questioning, he said there was no suicide note. He stuck with the term "asphyxiation" for the way both Nancy and Daniels died. He said Benoit was arrested for DUI in the past. He said there were no calls to his current residence for domestic abuse. A reporter asked if steroids or illegal substances were found. He said a lot of prescription medication he received from doctors with what they believed were legal prescriptions. When again pressed on whether steroids were found, he said he can't give them a list yet. He then said there were anabolic steroids when asked a third time. Regarding motive, he said they would not go into that at this time. Regarding the text message, he said he text messaged a friend and the friend saw it several hours after it was received by his phone. He would not go into the content of it. According to the doctor, several hours passed, no more than a day, between the son's death and Benoit's suicide by hanging. The wife's body was found in the office area, Daniel in his bedroom, and Benoit in the basement home gym. He estimated close to a full day between killing his wife and son. He said there was no evidence of Nancy resisting. The doctor from the crime lab estimates Nancy died some time on Friday. He turned questioing over to Fayetteville County D.A. Scott Ballard.

-Ballard said he is struck by the fact that a seven year old boy is dead. "I don't think we'll ever be able to wrap our minds around it completely," he said. He said the timing was bizarre because of the time that elapsed between the deaths of the two victims and the suicide. "It struck me as somewhat bizarre that he would even be in the home with their deceased bodies for some time, but we don't know that; we haven't verified it." He said there was a Bible placed next to the bodies of each of the victims. He said Nancy was bound by her feet and wrists and there was some blood under her head in what he felt was a family room upstairs. She was wrapped in a towel. There were no such body treatments of the son, who was found in his upstairs bedroom. He said he had no idea about the motive. "I'm baffled why anyone would kill a seven year old baby. I have no idea about a motive." He said there was no evidence he was trying to hide the bodies. No 9-1-1 calls came from the house. He said he didn't know anything about Chris telling WWE he had a family emegency to deal with. He said at this point they are all pretty confidence it was a murder-suicide, they will "alert to any evidence to the contrary." He said they will reexamine everything when the toxicology reports comes back. He said it would probably more than two weeks, though. He reconfirmed steroids were found in the residence. He said he didn't know if there were firearms in the house.

-Fox News anchor Smith then summarized the press conference and what it reconfirmed or revealed. He said he missed "one of those PPV things the WWE folks do." He added: "We have reason to believe he was a steroid user." He said steroids were present in the home. "With a doctor's prescription - you bet - but they were there." He discussed the situation with reporter Trace Gallagher regarding "roid rage." He wondered how long it can go on and how long it can last. "We're look at three separate incidents of roid rage over the course of three days," said the reporter. Dr. Steven Garner was interviewed. He said roid rage can cause such incidents. He said there are very few documented cases, but there are strange stories related to steroids. He said, "There people develop psychosis and that's a total break with reality. They don't know what they're doing. They halucinate. They don't know what they're doing. They hear voices in their heads telling them to kill people." He explained that once a user get off steroids, his testicles cannot return to producing testosterone at a normal level and depression can result - leading to suicide with teenagers. A former homicide investigator was interviewed next. He said he has been on scenes where he's seen people trip out due to steroids. "They get this unbearable strength and they seem to lose their mind," he said. "If they drink alcohol at the same time, it adds to it. It's taken about six or seven officers at scenes I've been at to hold a guy down who was flipping out from roid rage." Smith said: "Think about this guy. This guy's sitting in his house with a dead wife, then he's got a dead kid, then he's dropping Bibles all over the place. Then he's killing himself. You can't even process that." The doctor said steroids mixed with other prescription drugs make it much worse. They went on to note that "60 wrestlers" have died under the age of 45. "It's astounding. Astroniomically astounding. Nobody really focuses on it because wrestling is kind of a circus, an athletic soap opera. We don't really care about the players, apparently, because this is a continual cycle or drugs, road shows, alcohol, and they're travelling 250 days a year. The more wild your show is, the more money you make. That in the end turns out to haunt you. The doctor said typically wrestlers take more steroids than their should. Reporter Trace Gallagher and Shep Smith agreed that WWE is "under the fence." They brought up the HBO Real Sports interview where Vince McMahon got mad at the subject being brought up. "I know it's entertainment and it's not regulated the same way professional athletics are, but somebody is going to pay hell if this turns out the way we think it is."

This came from The Torch, basically a respectful pro wrestling website:

Bill Simmons of ESPN.com wrote in his blog that the Benoit Family Tragedy is the single biggest sports story of the year, even though, as he notes, pro wrestling isn't technically a full-fledged sport.

Excerpts:

Bill Simmons: (3:41 PM ET ) I am still gathering my thoughts, waiting for all the facts to come out. It just doesn't seem like any non-wrestling fan realizes how huge this story is to everyone who actually follows wrestling - in my opinion, it's the biggest sports story of the year even though wrestling technically isn't a sport. Benoit was one of the 12-15 greatest wrestlers of the past 30 years. For the wrestling world, it's like the OJ thing all over again - only its worse because his little son was involved. It might be the single worst sports story since the Rae Carruth thing.

Bill Simmons: (3:43 PM ET ) The weird part was the WWE inexplicably running the 3-hour Benoit tribute on Raw last night - by the time it re-aired on the West Coast, reports were starting to come out that it was possibly a double murder-suicide... I don't know how they let that show continue to run. One of the weirdest TV moments ever. I was really creeped out.

Here is some of the most chilling bit of news yet:

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

A deposit box with all his past rages that they can check?

And it gets worse with the timeline of things:

PWTorch can now report the content of the text message sent by Chris Benoit to Chavo Guerrero on Sunday morning. The message, according to our sources, said that the sliding glass doors to his house were open and the dogs had been fed. No one was quite sure what to make of it, but he wasn't reachable afterward for clarification.

As a friend said to me...he fed his DOGS?

Also...not so good news for Vince:

ESPN.com reports that D.A. Scott Ballard said Daniel Benoit, Chris and Nancy Benoit's seven year old son, had needle marks on his arm. They believe he had been given growth hormone because one or both of them believed he was undersized.

ESPN.com also reports that Ballard said:

-Benoit hanged himself from the pulley of a piece of exercise equipment. Benoit used weights, the pulley, and a cable to choke himself to death.

-The decomposition of the bodies was staggered enough for them to determine the staggered times of death.

-Regarding the text message Benoit sent, he said: "And our assumption is that that was an effort to try to get somebody to come find the bodies after the suicide. That is our assumption."

Very chilling, very sad. This is, again, probably the darkest day in pro wrestling. given what was just said, even pro wrestling will take a huge hit on all of this (deserved or not).

Additional Spam:
And here's a video interview with Bret on the entire thing.

http://video.canada.com/Global_VideoContentHTML.aspx

Additional Spam:
And to add it it even more...this came from 4w-wrestling

Even more shocking is that Benoit's son, Daniel, was apparently found with needle marks in his arm. According to Ballard, the boy was being given Human Growth Hormones because the family thought he was undersized

Scary, truly scary.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by mortis; Jun 26, 2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:20 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 06:20 PM #1522 of 3609
Okay, too much to read

But I can understand steroids being found. Edge used steroids too for his neck.

--To Darth--
Fuck those who think it was done to early, sure it was the same day but do you really think any one in that locker room would have been able to actually go out and perform knowing that Benoit is dead?

Last edited by Slash; Jun 26, 2007 at 08:24 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:30 PM #1523 of 3609
Okay, the media is fucking pissing me off (as usual). Now they're on Vince's ass for the 3 hour tribute last night and trying to chalk this up to steroid rage. Jesus christ, give the guy a break...They didn't have all the facts, they found out he was dead 4-5 hours before the show, obviously no one was in any mental shape to work because a friend and co-worker was dead and the facts were still being worked out (even if they found at, like 7:30 it was a murder-suicide, they couldn't have done anything about it). And this sounds more like a domestic thing than steroids, which can't be that damn important.

Okay, Benoit's wrong for what he did and probably deserves to be condemned...But the media is just being a bunch of sensationalist assholes over this whole tribute deal and most were probably indifferent (or opposed) to pro wrestling to begin with, so of course they're going to play up the domestic abuse and drug angles as best they can.

Yeah, this is why listening to Axl Rose's tirade in "Get in the Ring" is so damn satisfying. I'm on Vince's side here, for once in his life...

I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Malahk Angel
Hooray Beer!

Member 9195

Level 8.84

Jun 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:45 PM 1 #1524 of 3609
I'm behind Vince on this one too. Fucking news outlets acting like Vince said "OH HAI GAIZ LOL BENOIT KILLED PEOPLE LETS IDOLIZE HIM LULZ". He did what he did out of love for a fallen wrestler. There's no way they could have known.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:46 PM #1525 of 3609
so, is ecw gonna happen.. after vince speaks? or is tonight cancelled too?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread