Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Chiptune/Demoscene Forum

Lurch
Wark!

Member 30976

Level 1.00

Jun 2008

Old Oct 16, 2009, 08:30 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2009, 02:30 PM #1 of 3
Chiptune/Demoscene Forum

I signed up for this board long time ago to participate in one of your famous Video Game Music Contests. Today, I felt like exploring your boards a bit more and realized in course of my search for a chiptune section, that the VGM section consists more or less exclusively of weekly votes for all kinds of game music.

In my opinion this board lacks a subforum which is dedicated to oldschool 8-Bit game music. In order to prevent this board from being rarely frequented, the admins may expand it to the whole demoscene. People may start votes on old 8-Bit tunes or their favorite demos or intros in this forums. I'm aware that some people will raise a plea, but since the demoscene has its seeds in the video games and takes a lot of its inspiration from video games. Therefore it is still some kind of related.

I hope you will think about this and my suggestion enriches this community.

Most amazing jew boots
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2009, 09:05 AM #2 of 3
We don't need an entire forum for this, especially considering how I made a thread for the discussion of chiptune netlabels and there was not really any response.

The focus of the boards has moved away from the VGM hub that it used to be, so it's not surprising that the most active threads in the VGM forum are SOTW.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:07 PM 5 #3 of 3
Hi,

At this time, I don't think there are enough people with an urgent desire for a subforum dedicated to old school chiptunes and the demoscene.

But there are people who are willing to discuss the subject. You just have to post where they go, and it looks like you already located the proper forum. I do believe that most points on the subject have already been discussed here and now it's just repetition for a lot of people. That could be what keeps interest lower than you would otherwise expect. Perhaps a new angle is needed.

With the loss of the downloadable music years ago, and the dismissal of Gamingforce's long-absentee creator, this board's focus has shifted into more of a "generalized discussion" place, with some heavier emphasis upon video gaming, conventional music, and retaining a strong sense of community. It's not a bad thing, it's just an evolution.

You sound knowledgeable in this area. If you're interested in discussing demoscene material, I'd suggest creating a thread in General Game Music Discussion, then providing some quality samples for people to enjoy. This may spark some interest and help guide the discussion into the forces that contributed to the modern demoscene. I know I'm always up for hearing interesting, new stuff. I suspect the others are too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Chiptune/Demoscene Forum