Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Story of White Knight "Level 5 RPG for PS3"

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:16 PM #101 of 113
I don't know, those gigantic monster just remember me of the power ranger for some reason (which is not a good sign)

ok maybe it's me and I'm crazy to think that but that's the feeling I have about those gigantic battle XD

How ya doing, buddy?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:46 PM #102 of 113
The graphics were good, and the themes walked the line between classis RPG and NEW ideas. Also the theme music was pretty bad-ass so it's a buy X5 for me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 07:27 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2007, 04:27 AM #103 of 113
Don't understand why some didn't like the theme song. Reminds me of a celtic folk song to me, or Mitsuda's Kirite album... At least we're spared of a Bubble gum J-pop. :P

Nice looking trailer, pretty graphics and characters look good. Epic robot battles! Also love the turtle that carries a city!

How ya doing, buddy?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2007, 08:12 AM 1 #104 of 113
I don't know, those gigantic monster just remember me of the power ranger for some reason (which is not a good sign)

ok maybe it's me and I'm crazy to think that but that's the feeling I have about those gigantic battle XD
No, you're not crazy. All I could think was "MAGIC WAND, MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOOOW!" throughout the trailer.

Doesn't look fantastic, but it doesn't look awful either.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2008, 02:11 AM Local time: Sep 16, 2008, 11:11 PM #105 of 113
Breaking: White Knight Chronicles Officially Dated For Japan!

FINALLY some news on this game. December 25, 2008 is the JP release date for this game. Lord knows the PS3 needs an RPG release date badly and I can't wait to see what Level 5 has done.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 02:16 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 11:16 PM 1 #106 of 113
Tokyo Game Show 2008: Where The Hell Is White Knight Chronicles?

Quote:
For a game that's been dated Christmas 2008, it's odd that White Knight Chronicles is not playable on the Tokyo Game Show floor. Even odder because the game was playable last year. When asked why the game wasn't in playable form at TGS, a Sony rep declined to comment. Isn't it unusual for a title to be playable one year and unable the year it's getting release? Developer Level-5 hasn't exactly been open about the game. During the White Knight Chronicles Powerpoint event yesterday, the game's producer, Kentaro Motomura, remained tight lipped on key online modes like whether there will be voice chat or not. The game is supposed to be out in 2 and a half months.
Possible delay coming soon? Seems like no PS3 RPG can get any decent info or demo out anytime soon, and yet 360 RPG's development goes so fast that we already got a SO4 demo up for TGS.

Should we blame this on PS3 hardware, Sony, or the developers?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Oct 11, 2008 at 02:18 AM.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 02:39 AM #107 of 113
Level 5 =/= Square Enix.

You're talking about two different monsters here. Level 5 only does one console title at a time you know (in reference to the company's smaller size).

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 02:44 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2008, 11:44 PM #108 of 113
Uh yeah, I know that. I think you might have missed my point.

What I don't understand is the lack of marketing for a game that is coming out in 2 and a half monthes. No demo, and barely any concrete info from them at TGS. Square slowly gives out info cause they're working on multiple projects that have no release dates, what excuse does Level 5 have?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Oct 11, 2008 at 02:47 AM.
Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 03:02 AM #109 of 113
Uh yeah, I know that. I think you might have missed my point.

What I don't understand is the lack of marketing for a game that is coming out in 2 and a half monthes. No demo, and barely any concrete info from them at TGS. Square slowly gives out info cause they're working on multiple projects that have no release dates, what excuse does Level 5 have?
Info

Marketing

TGS 2008 Trailer

Happy?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 03:30 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2008, 12:30 AM #110 of 113
Well I hope the "more to come" at the end of the IGN articles will make up for the fact there was no demo at TGS. Trailers are always nice, but when the game is about to come out and there's no new demo build, it raises a few eyebrows.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Ryuu

Member 1380

Level 27.88

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 03:49 AM #111 of 113
Well, I mean, I don't understand why people are viewing two months as short.

In two months, Level 5 can release information through Famitsu (which is released every week), put together a beta for the online multiplayer portion, and/or provide a demo through PSN.

I honestly believe that the majority of the single player portion of White Knight Chronicles was completed earlier in the year and most of the recent time spent on the game was for the online part.

I don't remember anything about it being multiplayer back in TGS '07. And, it might just be that the demonstration they put together for the online portion of the game took preference over a demo of the single player.

I don't know, maybe I'm being overly optimistic or something.

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 04:03 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2008, 01:03 AM #112 of 113
Well maybe I'm jaded then, cause the game had no news for like, a year. And then BOOM a release date. So I don't trust that Famitsu is gonna suddenly get a slew of info.

Then TGS came and no playable demo version whatsoever, the staff didnt even demo it for people to see. All it had was a POWERPOINT presentation and a trailer. And they can't even answer some questions like whether or not it will have voice chat, which, if you haven't tried implementing one by now, I doubt 2 monthes time makes a difference. Just answer "no" and be done with it instead of stringing people on. Withholding info from press on a game that's gonna be released in 2 months screams "Delays will happen."

Also, why is a major piece of info on the game, avatars and custom character creation, was announced in some Japanese show with some idol, instead of Famitsu or something?

And if the majority of the "no news" time was devoted to the online portion, then it does nothing but make me feel that the story is gonna be short, considering RPGs are taking longer to develop thanks to the graphic department. It feels dubious to me if that much time was used for the online part.

This is the first major PS3 RPG people will be able to play, but it looks like I will have to wait for someone to get a copy before I can tell if it was worth the wait, since we can't even get any early playable impressions. It's a new IP, franchise, whatever you wanna call it, and it doesn't have Square's luxury of guaranteed sales like FF does. You need some early impressions to build up some hype.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Oct 11, 2008 at 04:19 AM.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 05:20 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2008, 06:20 PM 1 #113 of 113
Possible delay coming soon? Seems like no PS3 RPG can get any decent info or demo out anytime soon, and yet 360 RPG's development goes so fast that we already got a SO4 demo up for TGS.

Should we blame this on PS3 hardware, Sony, or the developers?
Why stop there? Blame IBM as well!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Story of White Knight "Level 5 RPG for PS3"