Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread
Closed Thread

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 05:19 AM #2501 of 3592
Originally Posted by Infernal Monkey
Oh! I'm totally out of the loop. Man, the original wasn't that hard. I hope the new super ultra easy mode ends half way through the game for the sake of hilarity.
Nobody deserves that kind of rape. That's wrong Infernal, and you know it.

"Damn this game is pretty easy. Oh, a new enemy!"

*runs over*

"Wait, what the fuck, nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIT!"

I'd rather play in easy that be visited by rape and broken camera monsters. I play games to have fun. If I want a challenge, make it optional. Oh, another addition is that the game runs at 1080p.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:36 AM #2502 of 3592
Wait, Ninja Dog wasn't already easy enough? I agree with Infernal though, the game wasn't even that difficult. Hell, by now I can get through the game with barely even getting hit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:24 AM #2503 of 3592
It's kind of like when they had an easier difficulty in DMC3: SE. It's a shame that (while I know that DMC & NG don't count) so many games are becoming easier now a days, remember the days of Super Ghosts & Goblins, Contra, Gradius, R-Type... thoes were the days where being a gamer took something. Now you just push a couple random buttons and it's "look ma' I beat the game". *argh* That's why I'm a Fighting, Music & RPG gamer mostly since they have the majority of the remaining "hard" games.

However back on topic I never quite beat NG myself either and after this was annoinced last TGS I just put down the controller and said, "screw it I'll wait". And it's interesting how all three of thoes genres have decent representation on PlsyStation systems which has a large Japanese backing who are known for making mostly difficult games. This connection is something that many people don't seem to be able to make when they see that I have all 3 systems and don't know why I like the PlayStation the best.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Slayer X; Dec 20, 2006 at 10:27 AM.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:37 AM #2504 of 3592
Quote:
It's kind of like when they had an easier difficulty in DMC3: SE. It's a shame that (while I know that DMC & NG don't count) so many games are becoming easier now a days, remember the days of Super Ghosts & Goblins, Contra, Gradius, R-Type... thoes were the days where being a gamer took something. Now you just push a couple random buttons and it's "look ma' I beat the game". *argh* That's why I'm a Fighting, Music & RPG gamer mostly since they have the majority of the remaining "hard" games.
See, I don't think games in general are becoming easier, rather, more user-friendly. Before the jump to 3D (largely) games often started you at the beginning of a level, or even worse, at the beginning of the game every time you died. There was no such thing as checkpoint or saves which in itself made games incredibly frustrating. And games like Metroid for example were overly complex without the aid of a map or any real direction. Games now give you checkpoints and maps, which not surprisingly, makes them easier to get around and complete. A lot of the difficulty came from technological limitations and nothing more.

There's of course exceptions to that, but my point stands.

But yeah those three genres are usually the most difficult because RPGs just take a really long time to complete and usually really deep; fighters are about timing and memorizing button combinations, while focusing on an opponent; and music/rhythm games are just a wad of commands being thrown at you sometimes incredibly quickly. Oddly enough, Japs seem to devour that shit. Either way, I think that's why Ninja Gaiden was so special. Typical action adventure games are pretty simple with basic combos, but NG took a page right out of fighters and even out of RPGs in some cases. More games should strive for that.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Vampiro; Dec 20, 2006 at 10:39 AM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:40 AM #2505 of 3592
God of War almost achieved a similar type of experiance as DMC & NG, if the enemies comboed better and Kratos was a bit more manuverable then it would pratically be in the same league.

God Hand is an awesome game too. Most reviewers knocked it for it's sub par presentation and insane difficulty, but I don't think any game has contained that Fatal Furry/Double Dragon experiance ever since the jump to 3D, till now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:53 AM #2506 of 3592
God of War was difficult (on insane) because one bullet knocks you down to your last piece of health. The AI didn't seem any better, except they never missed. As for God Hand, you're right, it does have that old-school beat'em-up feel... which isn't a good thing anymore. You can just feel how outdated the controls are. But I actually didn't find it that difficult, just tedious and frustrating. Still enjoyed the hell out of it like the fag I am

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 01:57 PM Local time: Dec 20, 2006, 10:57 AM #2507 of 3592
Resistance on its hardest setting is pure insanity... That's where you can really see the AI come to life. And kick your ass.

(Yes I know we're talking about action games, but it related to difficulty and AI )

How ya doing, buddy?
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 02:03 PM #2508 of 3592
This is true, Resistance can be a beast of an opponent in the highest settings, and the double amount of enemies makes it a pain too.

I know that many people in here probably haven't played it but Gears of War has the most strategic AI that I've seen to date, and before it FEAR was the best. The only reason why Gear's AI is amazing is because the Locusts work together with decoy & flanking tactics.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 07:29 PM #2509 of 3592
I didn't find it that amazing (though still really good,) often times I felt they were a tad dumb (jumping over my cover and standing behind me.) FEAR still has better AI. As for Resistance, seemed like another case of "LOL TONS OF BAD GUYS WITH SUPER GOOD AIM" and nothing more. Same thing with CoD on veteran and the like. It's not technically harder, the enemies just respawn and never miss, while giving you less health.

Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:03 PM #2510 of 3592
... That doesn't make it harder, how?

Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:30 AM #2511 of 3592
Technically speaking. As in the AI isn't improved or more advanced. It's just a cheap way of bumping up the difficulty. This is practically solved in games like Gears of War (and so many others) that have included blind fire.

FELIPE NO
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 03:07 AM #2512 of 3592
What he means is the same thing that I look for between difficilty settings. While decreasing health, increasing damage & enemy aim accuracy makes it harder, it's not because they're better. It's because the values are different.

What we look for in difficulty settings in incresed AI & more enemies on field while leaving all values the same. That is a TRUE increase in challange in my eyes. It's just that changing the values is 1,000 times easier & quicker for the developer.

Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:22 PM #2513 of 3592
Exactly. On lower level difficulties I expect lower level AI: fewer enemies, hide behind crates, basic stuff. The higher the difficulty, the more enemies will communicate, flank, work together etc.

Most amazing jew boots
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:46 PM #2514 of 3592
It has the same effect in the long run, though. You still have less margin for error and will probably have to change your tactics to accommodate it.

I can see where you're coming from, but it isn't like they are the first, nor will they be the last to ramp difficulty in this fashion. Hell 9/10 times this is how it's done.

How ya doing, buddy?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 01:59 PM #2515 of 3592
omg I finally found a memory card adaptor for the ps3 >.< this thing was really hard to find XD now I can finally transfer my ps2 game on my ps3 and play them on it (even thought they look worst but on a regular tv I don't see a big change XD)

and I'm happy that the ps3 was giving a usb cable with the controller because they don't give one for this adaptor XD

it's weird though to have buy this and knowing that after transferring my 2 memory card I will probably never use it again XD

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Inhert; Dec 22, 2006 at 02:06 PM.
Vampiro
Good Chocobo

Member 9333

Level 17.36

Jul 2006

Old Dec 22, 2006, 07:46 PM #2516 of 3592
Quote:
I can see where you're coming from, but it isn't like they are the first, nor will they be the last to ramp difficulty in this fashion. Hell 9/10 times this is how it's done.
I actually can't recall a time where a game hasn't simply done that. You're right that it does, in the end, have the same general affect. But it's not the same experience. On one hand you feel weaker against the same dumb enemies; while on the other you have the same abilities but you're actually being challenged by something intelligent and cunning.

Actually, I can recall a game, and that would be Ninja Gaiden. You rarely faced a large horde on enemies, but throughout the game the enemies used different, better tactics to take you down.

Most amazing jew boots
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 01:44 AM #2517 of 3592
Yeah, it just feels like a more intense experiance when difficulty isn't ramped up via stat pumping. Maybe it's the same thing in the end, however if it's the same motions all over again it tends to not be all that inviting to me.

Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Dec 24, 2006, 04:08 PM #2518 of 3592
People probably already know, but Gran Tourismo HD is up for free download on the PS Store Get it! It's extremely shiny!

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:00 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 10:00 AM #2519 of 3592
Wow. Santa really pulled though this year.

60GB PS3 bundled with an additional Sixaxis controller and Genji 2.

My question - Is Genji any good, or would you suggest I try selling it and swapping it for something else, like Resistance?

FELIPE NO
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 02:18 PM #2520 of 3592
I tried the demo and didn't really like it, the gameplay is really slow, I mean the fighting it's weird I don't know but they fight too slowly for me XD I even prefer Untold Legend dark kingdom to genji :\ but Genji has beautiful graphic.

if you like console FPS then yes I suggest you to exchange it for resistance, you can't go wrong with this game if you like FPS.

but if you want to be sure, just download the demo of Genji before opening it and play the demo and see if you like it or not ^^ there's a demo of resistance to so you can see which one is the best for you

Last edited by Inhert; Dec 25, 2006 at 02:20 PM.
Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 02:27 PM #2521 of 3592
I'd personally say go for Resistance. Genji doesn't feel too great to me, from the demo. But it's for you to make the call

Congratulations though! Santa's the man.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 06:12 PM #2522 of 3592
Ha HA! And now my grandparents pull through! Resistance is now sitting in my hands!

I know it's launch-game season for the PS3, but are there any other decent games out that I might want to look into? Or should I just try and sell the game and wait for say...MotorStorm.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 04:41 PM #2523 of 3592
Resistance and RR7 are the two boxed games I've been enjoying, not much else piques my interest at the moment until Motorstorm.

However, there's a few downloadable things that you should check out. Blast Factor, Lemmings, GTHD and the Motorstorm demo are all fantastic.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 08:25 PM #2524 of 3592
Yeah, I've been pretty much downloading every single free thing that's available right now. I've literally been downloading this crap for about 5 hours.

I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN A CHANCE TO PLAY IT.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by eprox1; Dec 26, 2006 at 12:28 PM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 01:11 AM #2525 of 3592
anyone else have untold legend: dark kingdom?

I know it's not the best game but eh I kind of like it (I was a fan of the gauntlet series and I find this game similar XD)

but I can't seem to make the online play work... everytime I try to get in a game I get the message: Network game Error: Host player left game at a critical time...

if anyone have the game can they confirm if this is working?

Edit: well i just figure out that it's my router that is causing this, because I plugged my ps3 directly into my modem and the game worked perfectly... so try opening all the port the manual was saying that the game use, but apparently the game use other port that are not listed... so till I find what they are or if this is really a port problem, I can't play this game online...

Last edited by Inhert; Dec 26, 2006 at 04:07 AM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Discussion Thread