Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] God Of War 2

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:35 PM #1 of 60
God Of War 2

Release: March 13th, 2007

IGN's New Hands-On Preview & Video Interview:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/755/755391p1.html

Just head to the videos section of the article to see 4 new clips from the beginning of the game featuring Kratos taking on a colossus. The boss fight looks insane.

On a related note, to coincide with the release of GoW2 NECA is producing a 7" figure of Kratos in 2 versions:

Standard Version

This version includes...
  • The Blades of Chaos.
  • 2 flaming arching chains which the blades can attach to.
  • Different head sculpt - "Aggressive, Open Mouthed" expression.

Golden Fleece Armor

The Golden Fleece Armor version of Kratos is based on his look in GoW2 and includes the following...
  • The Blades of Chaos.
  • Interchangeable right arm with the Golden Fleece Armor.
  • Interchangeable right hand holding Medusa's Head.
  • Different head sculpt - "Serious, Closed Mouth" expression.

The idea also is that with both versions you can mix and match accessories and parts between the 2 also.

Anyways I loved the first game and I'm pumped for GoW2!

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Simo; Jan 29, 2007 at 01:46 PM.
Kloak
*~Kloaking In Affect~*

Member 3266

Level 12.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:08 PM #2 of 60
Wow man i cannot WAIT for this game...I'm so glad this game is for PS2...and only 2 days before my birthday ^_^

Most amazing jew boots
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 05:03 PM #3 of 60
Can't wait. I love that newer cover, there was that crappy cover that was going around that people thought was final, but this is much better. Is the game actually 2 discs or is the 2nd disc just bonus content?

Oh, and I want that figure.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
sabbey
River Chocobo

Member 139

Level 26.07

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:00 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2007, 04:00 PM #4 of 60
Cool news, but still have the original to play since buying it months ago...

Oh well, looking forward to playing both, actually!

How ya doing, buddy?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:26 PM #5 of 60
Can't wait. I love that newer cover, there was that crappy cover that was going around that people thought was final, but this is much better. Is the game actually 2 discs or is the 2nd disc just bonus content?

Oh, and I want that figure.
You mean this one?

I must admit I do that like that artwork above but yeah the one they went with is the better of the two especially since the rejected one looks awfully similiar to GoW1's cover art. Still perhaps GoW2's sleeve will be reversible like the first game's sleeve to feature both artworks.

The game is only 1 disc. The second disc is all bonus content including a documentary that charts the game's development from the very beginning to completetion. Best of all the 2 disc set is the standard one and only edition that'll be available so no having to shell out an extra $10 for bonus content like most sets.

I'm just curious if they'll offer GoW2's soundtrack free again and if they do hopefully do so via a means that actually works.

How ya doing, buddy?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:50 PM #6 of 60
I hope this is worthy of the bump: New God Of War II Trailer!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=mov&pl=game

Wicked trailer with some amazing visuals even for the PS2.

The game is also officially complete with just the last stages of QA to go before going gold and mass production, making the game ready to hit shelves on March 13th.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 09:35 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 05:35 PM #7 of 60
wow,nice trailer,I can't wait to play it

FELIPE NO
Cyrus
Has Confidence in His Domination

Member 3319

Level 20.56

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 03:13 PM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 10:13 PM #8 of 60
Hmm, I hope they fix the screen tearing issues this time. Apart from that, God of War looked pretty impressive in progressive scan.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 04:10 PM #9 of 60
Hmm, I hope they fix the screen tearing issues this time. Apart from that, God of War looked pretty impressive in progressive scan.
Not sure if it'll fix the issue but God Of War II has been optimised for HDTVs as well supporting 'Widescreen' and 'Progressive' according to Cory Barlog, GoWII's director, and David Jaffe.

Looks like EBgames/GameStop is already beginning to promote GoWII:

Better view of the narly poster in the above snapshot:

Playable demos are going out next month. I just wish I knew about the demo offer sooner as I would of had this in the mailbox within the next 1-2 weeks...

TheXeno
Overlord

Member 13483

Level 8.29

Oct 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 09:53 PM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 09:53 PM #10 of 60
The director is signing copies of the demo and sending them to people if you sent him your address like a month ago through his blog. Luckily i was browsing so I'll get a copy. I don't think hes accepting emails for it anymore though. I watched the trailer yesterday and was really impressed I'm sure the game will be at least as good as the first one. Also one starts out with the Blades of Athena and Posidens Rage.

link to the game directors blog btw http://corybarlog.blogspot.com/

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by TheXeno; Jan 31, 2007 at 11:29 AM.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:18 PM #11 of 60
The director is signing copies of the demo and sending them to people if you sent him your address like a month ago through his blog. Luckily i was browsing so I'll get a copy. I don't think hes accepting emails for it anymore though. I watched the trailer yesterday and was really impressed I'm sure the game will be at least as good as the first one. One also starts out with the Blades of Athena and Posidens Rage.

link to the game directors blog btw http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2567
Yeah I know. Sadly I didn't keep tabs on Barlog's blog so I missed out on the chance unlike the GoW1 demo from Jaffe. Still it seems this kind of thing would be the perfect thing to distribute via the Playstation Network.

Seems like the press have got the demo though, what with GameTrailers and such posting videos. Here's the full run through of the demo from the excellent opening intro to the end title:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I'm fiending for this game so much that the 5 week wait is almost unbearable.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dave1988
TENGEN TOPPA GURREN-LAGANN!! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

Member 13074

Level 7.71

Sep 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 05:11 PM Local time: Feb 5, 2007, 12:11 AM #12 of 60
Is there a chance that you will share this demo with a broader audience TheXeno?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dave1988
TENGEN TOPPA GURREN-LAGANN!! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

Member 13074

Level 7.71

Sep 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 05:04 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 12:04 AM #13 of 60

I give it a week before it surfaces on torrent sites.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 06:46 PM #14 of 60

I give it a week before it surfaces on torrent sites.
More than likely, especially with more and more press and sites getting the review code as well. The only downside of course being that the game is still going through the final stages of QA with the removal of any final bugs and glitches which I'd imagine won't be in the review code pictured there given the date, along with the final game being on one disc and not two.

New gameplay clip for anyone interested featuring Pegasus:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=wmv&id=16885

Some Hi-Res screenshots too:
http://www.jeux-france.com/news19126...-les-airs.html

In other GoW news, the New York Toy Fair is this weekend where NECA will be showing off the two 7" figures of Kratos but will also unveil the big 13" version too that's supposed to come with an assortment of accessories and be quite impressive.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 04:17 AM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 10:17 PM #15 of 60
No, I'm pretty sure the person (from the picture above) won't be getting it on a torrent. Just trust me on this one.

It's going to be a great game anyhow. I can't wait. Although I'm a sucker for mindless hack n slash types (Otogi, Bujingai, etc) it's still gonna be awesome.

FELIPE NO
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:40 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 02:40 PM #16 of 60
IGN Review - 9.7

Interesting tidbit from the review -
Quote:
The last two things that we want to talk about unfortunately can't be tested yet as we won't have the boxed copy of the game for a few weeks (though what we've reviewed is the final code), though neither would alter the score in any fashion anyway and we want to point them out. The first is that God of War II will not only be playable on the PlayStation 3, of course, but that it will run at a true HD resolution of 720p. We're unsure as of yet whether or not we'll see additional texture detail because of this, but we'll update this section of the review when we can test it.

Secondly, God of War II will ship as a two-disc set with the entire second DVD dedicated solely to bonus content, like a behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the game. Again, as is the case with the 720p support, we'll update this section with details when we have the second disc in our hands.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:55 PM #17 of 60
Unfortunately it's only 480p not 720. IGN got their facts a little mixed up and as such updated their review.

1UP.com has their review up too:
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3157112
Quote:
When a prerelease God of War 2 demo first arrived at 1UP, the only "secret" we uncovered after two hours of searching was a statue of a small boy peeing in the bathhouse. On its own, this wasn't much of anything, but given the franchise's history of earning its Mature rating, it seemed to hint at something more.

So when the full game arrived for review, we headed back to that statue to see if anything had changed, and...well...it looked about the same. But the statue was joined by two topless ladies waiting for Kratos to Circle-button them, and if you choose to go that route, the camera zooms in on the statue and the boy's stream stops and starts while you hear various noises.

Yes, God of War is back.
Also the official site is now up:
http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/...te/default.html

The concept art is worth checking out though..

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:30 AM #18 of 60
Just picked this up about an hour ago. I watched the DVD first (because I'm a special features kind of guy) and there were some pretty interesting things on there like the concept art and lost levels. (Pretty much some of the same stuff that was on the first game)

I got a chance to play just a few minutes of it before I turned it off before heading to bed and I really enjoy what I've played so far. The game looks so much better than the first. I can already tell that this is going to eat away at alot of my time.

Upon further playing, this game is simply amazing. From what I understand the beginning of the game is about like the demo. (I think in the first demo you could kill the Hydra, but not really sure about that.)

The story just picks up after the first one where there's a war raging and Kratos goes down to finish it. You have a couple of weapons and powers left over from the first game but then it just gets awesome when
Spoiler:
Athena takes some of Kratos' power and transfers it to the Titan/Colossus

Then it just gets better as
Spoiler:
When Kratos has problems trying to slay the Titan, Zeus then offers Kratos the Sword of Olympus and tells him to put all his power into the sword to defeat the Titan
from there it's just one wild ride after another.
Spoiler:
Especially when Zues kills Kratos and tells him that he will never be ruler of Olympus

I'm actually stuck at a puzzle and it is pissing me off, bad.

Spoiler:
After you get Pegasus and fly around, slashing Gryffons and all that, you get to a Titan who knocks you out of the air and his hand slams on pegasus, trying to crush it. You have to figure a way to get the Pegasus out. It involves hitting his hands, but if you stop attacking each finger, then the finger slams back down. It's really annoying me and pissing me off.

I've tried to contain everything that could be a huge spoiler in tags :P

I can't wait to play some more of this game, really.

I might actually try to write an FAQ for this or something once I start playing it and knowing what to do.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by dagget; Mar 14, 2007 at 01:55 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 03:16 PM #19 of 60
I just got home with my copy, played about 2 hours worth. That was one of the longest first levels ever.

I'm going to refrain from spoiling too much, if anything, on this game, because talking about the level layout or battles would really ruin the fun of discovering them yourself. There are very, very few games that can mimic the intensity of GoW2's boss encounters. They are epic, lengthy, and really force Kratos (and you) to work his ass off to take them down. As I mentioned before, this is the one thing that I truly hope will become a growing trend in future games: more epic battles that make you feel like you're truly fighting for your life.

Two minor complaints so far. One, there's still a substantial amount of tearing that really smears the slick graphics. Visually the game isn't a big step up from the previous game, with a few exceptions (clouds in Pegasus level=holy crap). People in GAF have reported that playing the game on the PS3 offers a noticable improvement, so I'll try that later.

The other complaint was based on unconfirmed expectations from me.

Spoiler:
When they mentioned how you would start the game "with your Godly powers", I thought I would get to wreck the city a bit as Giant Kratos. Sadly, all you get are maxed out chain blades and a weaker Rage of Poseidon.

This is going to be a lot of fun. Also, kindly inform me when the soundtrack is available on someone's FTP.

How ya doing, buddy?
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:09 PM #20 of 60
Got my copy today and just finished the first level...WOW.

Aside from looking like one of the, or perhaps THE, best looking PS2 titles the first level was just epic. One thing that wasn't in the demo but in the final game comes courtesy of the obligatory sex minigame in the bathhouse that brought a LOL to how it's "portrayed" and such.

Now I can't wait to give a Pegasus a try and the tidbit of Harry Hamlin reprising his role from Clash Of The Titans has me giddy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 07:26 PM #21 of 60
I totally missed that sex scene the first time, just like with the first game. Don't play that part around your family nearby, because even the moaning will raise some eyebrows. :/

I still think Shadow of the Colossus holds the record for prettiest PS2 game ever, but one small graphical effect that really impressed me was

Spoiler:
Prometheus' regenerating intestines.

Looked surprisingly life-like.

Also, playing on the PS3 does seem to make the game look a little cleaner, but it's not a major difference. I would need side-by-side comparisons to be certain. I think I'll play on PS2 first for the rumble.

How ya doing, buddy?
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:15 PM #22 of 60
I'm loving it so far. The new moves and weapons feel really nice.

One complaint. In the story early on...
Spoiler:
When he encounters zues he does nothing but badmouth the gods and for some reason he is surprised when they "betray" him? All that stuff seems a bit mixed up.

Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:23 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2007, 09:23 PM #23 of 60
Last night, I just finished through playing GOW1 again for the first time since I got the game 2 years ago. Today, I played a couple hours of GOW2, and in all honesty, I like God of War 1 a lot more. Don't get me wrong, I do like this game, but there are things about GOW1 that I like more. I think the whole atmosphere is better in GOW1 than I have seen in this game so far. I don't really care much of the story in the game yet much either. And the music in GOW1 seemed much better than what I have heard so far in this game.

Like I said, I'm only a couple hours in, and although I think it is a good game, I am a little bit disappointed. I hope it gets better.

How ya doing, buddy?
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 01:55 AM #24 of 60
I just beat the game! Easily the best game I've played this year and a sensational follow-up. Those boss battles were awesome!

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2007, 03:13 PM #25 of 60
Did you forego sleep or something? People said this game was twice as long as the original, and it's only been out a day.

Wow, was the sequence where
Spoiler:
The Steeds of Time start up and pull the two islands together
realtime? Because if so.....wow.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] God Of War 2