Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Fall 2009 Shows - Not 1, but possibly 2 ROTK adaptations! GLEE!

zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 01:05 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 11:05 AM #1 of 13
Fall 2009 Shows - Not 1, but possibly 2 ROTK adaptations! GLEE!

Furthermore, I'm currently not lazy. Usual sources and whatnot, so here goes:

Spoiler:
Originally Posted by ADTRW
Fall TV series

09/13: Battle Spirits Shounen Gekiha Dan
Sunrise does some gimmicky merchandise-selling TCG show. Safe to ignore.

09/16: Koishigure ~Yoshitaka Yuriko to Muttsu no Koi~ (Love is Sometimes Rainy ~Yoshitaka Yuriko and her Six Lovers~)
Some actress reads 6 short love stories, accompanied by a love song by a popular artist, one for each story. Animation will most likely consist entirely of stills.

09/24: Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugumono (Queen's Blade: Heir to the Throne)
Tits and girls pissing on each other, season 2. Most likely the only use for this show is as a mod challenge for shitposters in PHIZ.

10/01: Asura Cryin' Season 2
It is doubtful this season will make any more sense than the first.

10/01: Kämpfer (TL note: Kämpfer means "Fighter" in German)
Ordinary high school boy wakes up one fine day and discovers he's turned into a girl and is supposed to fight other girls in some kind of tournament you cannot get out of. Based on a series of light novels by the guy responsible for Maburaho, so you should know what to expect, namely girls fighting each other with ~magic~ and lesbian fanservice. In other words, it's going to be both very popular and aggressively terrible. Has an impressive voice cast (you can probably guess why): Inoue Marina (Kana in Minami-ke, Yoko in TTGL), Mizuki Nana (Fate in Nanoha, Touma in Minami-ke), Horie Yui (Hanekawa in Bakemonogatari), Tamura Yukari (Nanoha in Nanoha, Rika in Higurashi) and Noto Mamiko (Fujino in Kara no Kyoukai).

10/01: Nyan Koi! (Mewwuv)
Romantic comedy show where the central premise is that the guy hates cats (and is allergic to them) while his crush loves them. The guy ends up offending a cat spirit and gains the ability to talk to cats, but has to fulfill a hundred wishes from the cats or he'll turn into one himself. Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch in Code Geass) as one of the cats.

10/01: 11eyes (Note: lack of spacing intentional)
Fantasy/action/harem show based on a H-game. Guy has a sister who commits suicide, goes emo, gets transported to magical world together with a friend, has to fight <things> to escape it. Main character voiced by Ono Daisuke (Itsuki in Haruhi, Hosaka in Minami-ke, Battler in Umineko).

10/02: Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra (Battle Librarians: The Book of Bantorra)
Extremely generic-looking shounen fantasy fighting show based on a series of light novels where the souls of the dead are stored as "books" in a gigantic library that everyone is fighting over because of <reasons>. Paku Romi (Ed in FMA) as the female lead; Ishida Akira (Athrun in Gundam SEED, Xelloss in Slayers) as the male lead. Also stars Kawasumi Ayako (Ayako Doctrine followers take note), Tomatsu Haruka and Sawashiro Miyuki. OP by ALI PROJECT.

10/02: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
A spinoff of To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index), which (in case you didn't remember) was an extremely bland and tedious shounen fighting show. Centered on the character that was generally seen as the least terrible one, i.e. Misaka Mikoto, the human railgun. New director, whose main solo accomplishment seems to be Toradora.

10/02: Seitokai no Ichizon: Hekiyou Gakuen Seitokai Gijiroku (Discretion of the Student Council: Hekiyo Academy Student Council Minutes)
Studio DEEN does a moé harem/slice-of-life show about a guy who is the single male member of an otherwise all-female student council, whose members are chosen according to a popularity contest. Apparently 90% of the source material consists of the main cast sitting around and talking in the council room and making obscure references. There are literally no reasons to watch this, not even the usual famous voice actresses that most harem shows come with.

10/02: White Album Season 2
Second half of that retarded showbusiness harem show from a few seasons ago. The original series was kinda unintentionally funny but other than that there's really nothing interesting here.

10/03: Kotatsuneko (Kotatsu Kitty) (see Kotatsu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
An anime with 5-minute epsiodes about two cats living under a kotatsu. Also about their owner, who is a shutin game nerd. Seems to have some kind of romance aspect on various levels. Nogawa Sakura (Hinaichigo in Rozen Maiden, Shiho in Mai Hime) as one of the cats.

10/03: Seiken no Blacksmith (The Sacred Blacksmith/Blacksmith of the Holy Sword)
Manglobe does a shounen fantasy show with a premise that sounds like a cross between Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings: Long ago there was a war between good and evil; evil gets sealed away and the world is peaceful again. Later, female knight (voiced by Fujimura Ayumi, aka. Azaka in Kara no Kyoukai) looks for someone who can repair her father's sword, runs into a blacksmith using evil power, <stuff> starts to happen. Directed by this guy, who may be familiar as the director of the trainwreck known as Linebarrels of Iron (also involved with a lot of Pokémon).

10/03: Shugo Chara Party!
Some sort of bonus content show running alongside the ordinary Shugo Chara stuff.

10/03: Usaru-san (Mr. Usaru)
Kids show about a rabbit that can transform into Superman (Superrabbit? Supermonkey? whatever.) by wearing a monkey suit and eating bananas. Or something.

10/03: Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)
Fantasy/drama series about very serious business letter deliveries. Rather impressive voice cast including people like Nakai Kazuya (Zoro in One Piece, Date Masamune in Sengoku Basara), Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch), Koshimizu Ami, Mizuki Nana and Sawashiro Miyuki.

10/03: Tentai Senshi Sunred Season 2 (Astro Fighter Sunred Season 2)
Second season of that sentai parody show where the bad guys aren't particularly bad and the good guy is an unemployed bum leeching off his girlfriend.

10/03: Inuyasha: Kanketsu-hen (Inuyasha: The Final Act)
if you care about this at all you'll know more about it than I ever will, so just move on ok

10/04: Yumeiro Pâtissière (Fabulous Pastry Chef)
Cooking show for and about little girls making pastries.

10/04: Sora no Otoshimono (Lost Property of the Skies)
lovely fanservice show with girls falling down from the sky etc. Main guy voiced by Hoshi Souichiro (Gino in Code Geass, Kira in Gundam SEED).

10/04: Natsu no Arashi: Akinai-chuu! (Summer Storm: Open for Business!)
SHAFT and Shinbo Akiyuki does another season about timetravellers and obscure references etc. The title is a horribly elaborate pun, of course; paging Mandoric to this thread so he can explain it.

10/04: Miracle☆Train ~Ōedo-sen e Yōkoso~ (Miracle Train: Welcome to the Oedo Line)
Some kind of reverse fanservice show about pretty-boy personifications of train stations. Looks like Japan didn't think Akikan's premise was dumb enough, so they went to take it even further. For some bizarre reason it's directed by that guy some of us love for Nodame Cantabile and Honey & Clover. Also features an all-star male voice cast with people like Kamiya Hiroshi (Araragi in Bakemonogatari, Tieria in Gundam 00) and Yoshino Hiroyuki (Allelujah in Gundam 00).

10/05: Shin Koihime Musou
The most bizarre and/or terrible Three Kingdoms adaption that ever existed gets another season.

10/05: Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu (Animew Detective Kiruminzuu)
Ultramoé show about girls that transform into animals, or something.

10/05: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza♪ (Nogizaka Haruka's Secret: Purity)
I can't even remember what the first season was about other than some tsundere otaku girl but whatever, it wasn't worth caring about and this season won't be either.

10/06: Kobato
Madhouse adapts a CLAMP manga (a crossover with another CLAMP manga called Wish) about some girl that goes around and collects people's feelings, or something. Note: it's CLAMP, which means hilariously inappropriate <everything>, characters from other random CLAMP stuff and lots of poo poo that makes no loving sense. miasmacloud summed it up as "SD;LF;34;LKFG SHE HAS CUTE CLOTHES AND THERE IS THE CUTE BUNNY MESSENGER AND THERE ARE CUTE LITTLE BIRDIES EVERYWHERE AND JESUS gently caress AHSDFLJK24KJLDF’L23L;4KLK;FH." which is pretty much the entire point. Apparently they make a big thing out of the fact that the main character will be wearing different clothes every episode. Directed by the guy responsible for Chi's Sweet Home and stars a pile of famous female voice actresses, like Hanazawa Kana (Sengoku in Bakemonogatari), Saito Chiwa (Senjougahara in Bakemonogatari, Meru in SZS, etc), Orikasa Fumiko (Shirley in Code Geass, Rukia in Bleach) and Kuwashima Houko (Tomoyo in Clannad).

10/06: Kimi ni Todoke (Reaching You)
Production IG does a romance show based on a manga about a wallflower girl who wants to make friends and be like her chill male classmate. The manga in question is reportedly very good. Female lead voiced by Noto Mamiko (Fujino in Kara no Kyoukai, etc); male lead voiced by Namikawa Daisuke (Rock in Black Lagoon, etc). Unfortunately it also stars Hirano Aya (Haruhi).

10/06: Himitsu Kessha Taka no Tsume Countdown (Secret Society Eagle Talon Countdown)
Some bizarro comedy show about... uh... I have no loving clue. Has the awesomest website I've ever seen. It's so totally awesome that I can't even link to it because SA's url tags don't like unicode domain names, apparently.
edit: link fixed

10/07: Cheburashka Areree?
Kids show based on some Russian thing from the 60's.

10/07: Sasameki Koto (Whispered Words)
Yuri/lesbian high school romance show. The director's only other notable accomplishment as a director is Kodomo no Jikan; no idea what this means. The two main characters are voiced by Takagaki Ayahi (Feldt Grace in Gundam 00) and Takamoto Megumi (Winry in FMA: Brotherhood) respectively.

10/08: Darker than Black - Ryuusei no Gemini (Darker than Black - Gemini of the Meteor)
BONES does a second season of the science fiction action show Darker than Black. Supposedly it picks up two years after the original series ended. Most of the old staff and cast is returning.

10/10: Gokyoudai Monogatari
Kid's slice-of-life show about a pair of siblings walking around their neighborhood in Tokyo.

10/10: Aoi Bungaku (Blue Literature)
Anime adaption of four famous Japanese novels, namely No Longer Human, Kokoro, Run, Melos! and Hell Screen. Four famous manga artists (Kubo Tite (Bleach) and Obata Takeshi (Death Note) are two of them) will be doing the character designs.

10/12: Shin Sanjuushi (New Three Musketeers)
Puppet show/stopmotion adaption of Alexandre Dumas' novel. Dunno why Moonphase is listing it.

10/12: Tamagotchi!
Some kid's show about, uh, Tamagotchi, I guess.

10/12: Fairy Tail
Shounen show about mage guilds fighting each other and poo poo. Zorak says: "It's (One Piece + Bleach)/(VERY FAST PACING*(this is bad))."

10/13: Stitch! ~Itazura Alien no Daibouken~
No clue what makes this particular Disney franchise so popular in Japan.

10/14: Kaidan Restaurant (Thriller Restaurant)
Collection of short ghost stories (three per episode?).

10/15: Kiddy Girl-and
Satelight does a spinoff/sequel/??? of the 2002 Gonzo sci-fi/action series Kiddy Grade (which actually was one of Gonzo's less terrible works); reportedly it takes place 50 years after the original series ended. Much of the original staff and cast is listed as returning, but the focus will be on new characters.

10/15: Kuuchuu Buranko (Flying Trapeze)
The team behind Mononoke (the horror show) and the Bakeneko arc of Ayakashi does something that seems like a trippy psychological drama, based on a series of light novels about a weirdo doctor and his nurse helping people. Airs in the somewhat famous Noitamina timeslot (that gave us things like Eden of the East and Honey & Clover). Great male voice cast with people like Miki Shinichiro (Kurz in FMP, Lockon in Gundam 00), Sakurai Takahiro (Oshino in Bakemonogatari, the Medicine Seller in Mononoke) and Morikawa Toshiyuki (Griffith in Berserk).

10/17: Fuyu no sonata (Winter Sonata the Animation)
Anime adaption of a silly Korean melodrama/soap opera show. People get cancer, lose their memories and get brainwashed left right and center, all for the sake of forced drama. The plot is really remarkably similar to Kanon/Clannad/other Key bullshit, but without the ~magic~, so it's even more stupid. Apparently voiced in Korean by the original live action voice actors.

10/17: Hidamari Sketch x365 Tokubetsu Hen 1/2 (Sunshine Sketch Special Chapter, Part 1 of 2)
( X '_____________________' )
OVA that airs on PPV TV.

10/17: Mahoromatic Tokubetsu Hen ~Tadaima◇Okaeri~ 1/2 (Mahoromatic Special Chapter ~I'm Home, Welcome Back~, Part 1 of 2)
Gee thanks Gainax, this is exactly what we needed (no). OVA on PPV TV.

10/24: Hidamari Sketch x365 Tokubetsu Hen 2/2 (Sunshine Sketch Special Chapter, Part 2 of 2)

10/24: Mahoromatic Tokubetsu Hen ~Tadaima◇Okaeri~ 2/2 (Mahoromatic Special Chapter ~I'm Home, Welcome Back~, Part 2 of 2)

October: Sangoku Engi (Romance of the Three Kingdoms)
Some kind of Japanese-Chinese co-production. Delayed from the summer season.

Fall OVA's and movies

09/17: Mahou Sensei Negima ~Mou Hitotsu no Sekai~ OVA 01
SHAFT and Shinbo does yet another Negima OVA. No idea what part of the manga they're adapting now.

09/30: BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER -PILOT Edition-
Pilot episode of the Black Rock Shooter anime that's set for a spring 2010 airing. See below.

10/02: TO
Two CG-animated sci-fi episodes based on a short "hard sci-fi" manga series from 1985 called 2001 Nights. Looks drat slick with gigantic spaceships and huge explosions all over the place. Warning: voice cast contains Hirano Aya. However, it also has Fukuyama Jun, Outsuka Akio (Batou in Ghost in the Shell, Snake in the Japanese MGS) and Paku Romi (Ed in FMA, Loran Cehack in Turn A Gundam, Osaki Nana in NANA).

10/03: Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~
Production IG does a prequel movie to the game.

10/10: Kaiji
Apparently everyone's favorite apocalypse gambler bum is getting a (live-action?) movie. Not very many details to be found as of right now.
edit: yep, it's live action, and the details are that they're making Kaiji a pretty boy and are also adding a female character. Outlook not good.

10/15: First Squad
Fangz says: "A Studio 4°C film made for a Russian audience, about teenage Soviet espers defending the motherland from Nazi zombie supersoldiers. What's there not to like? Out in cinemas October 15th, dunno about DVD."
Bolding because of 4°C.

10/23: Shakugan no Shana S OVA 01
First episode of a Shakugan no Shana OVA series. I kinda sorta stopped caring about this franchise a long while ago so I dunno what they're up to now.

10/23: Kemono to Chat (Chatting with Creatures)
Comedy OVA series (?) based on a 4-panel manga about a girl who talks to cats. Sakamoto Maaya as the girl in question; also stars Ueda Kana and Yahagi Sayuri.

10/28: Cencoroll
Sci-fi/supernatural drama short written, directed and animated by a single guy (that you'll probably be hearing a lot about in the future). Music by internet celebreties supercell (aka. the ones responsible for the Bakemonogatari ED). Listed date is the DVD release date. Watch the trailer and you'll understand why I'm bolding it.

11/17: Mahou Sensei Negima ~Mou Hitotsu no Sekai~ OVA 02

11/17: Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Bangaichi OVA 1
Yet another SZS OVA. Mr. Despair ain't stopping. Paging Mandoric to this thread so he can translate the title and explain the inevitable pun.

11/21: Gekijouban Macross F: Itsuwari no Utahime (Macross F the Movie: Songstress of Lies)
Nope, no idea what this one is going to be about. Alternative title is The False Diva.

11/28: Higashi no Eden Gekijouban I - The King of Eden (Eden of the East Movie I: The King of Eden)
Hoping for a conclusion here. See the thread.

12/04: Denpa Teki na Kanojo OVA 2

12/09: Kara no Kyoukai The Garden of Sinners 7: Satsujin Kousatsu (Go) (Boundary of Emptiness - The Garden of Sinners, Chapter 7: Murder Speculation (Second Half)
The final movie. Listed date is the DVD release date. See the thread.

12/12: Shin Uchuu Senkan Yamato - Fukkatsu Hen (New Space Battleship Yamato - Rebirth Chapter)
Movie sequel to the 1974 classic Space Battleship Yamato, also known in the US as "Star Blazers: The Quest for Iscandar". Directed by the guy who was the producer of the original series.

12/12: One Piece Film: Strong World
One Piece fans inform me this is apparently going to be good, and that it's written by Oda himself. Zorak says: "The plot IIRC is the Straw Hats going after an infamous pirate from the age of Gold Roger who escaped Impel Down because he can make poo poo float and he doesn't give a gently caress."

To be honest, this season looks to be a major letdown compared to Summer. I never particularly cared for Darker than Black, Nogizaka Haruka was a particularly annoying show to watch since the characters were so grating, Asura Cryin' was damned incomprehensible, and White Album is utterly ridiculous. So all in all, my prediction is that it'll be a season to forget and that one is better served whittling down on that backlog.

The few that I'll be giving a look:

Trapeze: The premise looks kind of cool and though I've yet to watch Ayakashi or Mononoke, I've heard enough good things about it from reliable sources to want to take the plunge. Given my penchant for watching weird/surreal stuff at times, I've got the feeling that this show will sit well with me.

A Certain Scientific Railgun: The moment this show goes into long-winded plot exposition mode, I'm out. Aroduc says it won't though since the source material wasn't as horrible as Index.

Miracle Train: Well......... Kasai's directing it, so I have hopes for how it'll turn out. I still need to wrap up Aoi Hana but enjoyed what I've seen of that so far. Nodame and Honey and Clover were winners and even his lesser works like Kimikiss was pretty enjoyable. Might as well give this one a go.

Natsu no Arashi 2: Very underrated but also very enjoyable. I really need to finish up the first season.

Kimi ni Todoke: Could work with the Mamiko taking the lead as well as the good source material to back up.

Sasameki Koto: You know.... LESBIANS.

Granted, there's always a chance I'll hop on some random bandwagon or other but until I start to hear some good things trickling in (see Taisho Yakyuu Musume), this looks like my lineup for the Fall Season.

Most amazing jew boots
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
Dobby
The sun-kissed slope

Member 4519

Level 8.40

Apr 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 02:33 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 11:33 AM #2 of 13
(un)fortunately, I am inclined to try out Kämpfer for the sole reason of having Inoue Marina, Horie Yui, and Mizuki Nana in the same show.

And another Macross?! AND Eden?! Excellent <33333

Most amazing jew boots
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 06:20 PM #3 of 13

A Certain Scientific Railgun: The moment this show goes into long-winded plot exposition mode, I'm out. Aroduc says it won't though since the source material wasn't as horrible as Index.
I thought you didn't like listening to Aroduc though.

I'm down for Asura Cryin 2, for sure. It'll make no sense whatsoever but who cares, it's entertaining.

Other than that, Darker than Black 2 is sure to be the best of the season, and I really want to see First Squad.

Really that's it. The rest of the stuff I'm sure to watch will be just a bunch of fluff. Kampfer, Nogiharu 2 and the second season of Natsu no Arashi.

I might give Railgun a look, but I had the same issues everyone else had with the first one and only made it about 10-15 episodes in before giving up. Sacred Blacksmith sounds interesting, but who knows how the hell that'll turn out.

Oh, and the Eden of the East movie, finally.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

#654: Braixen
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 06:42 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2009, 04:42 PM #4 of 13
Oh no, I read Aroduc quite a bit because he is a good writer and the stuff he writes is pretty hilarious and awesome. I just happen to disagree with his opinion most of the time, but even when I do disagree, I can see where he's coming from in forming those opinions.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
My spheres of activity:
Anime Instrumentality Blog - Latest Music Reviews: Gundam Unicorn Soundtrack | Kampfer Soundtrack
Eminence Online (anime music reviewer) - Latest review: Noir Original Soundtrack
The Nihon Review - Latest review: Taisho Yakyuu Musume
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:44 PM #5 of 13
Holy shit, we get some decent titles.

Darker than Black a no brainer, going to be on my list.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:49 PM #6 of 13
Definitely excited for the new season of Darker than Black.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2009, 08:00 AM #7 of 13
Eh...I guess I'll just go through and start pruning random series.

Spoiler:
Fall TV series

Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugumono - If nothing else, for the factor and that I have the first season.

Kämpfer - That cast list is ridiculous. And despite Maburaho being a full sell-out to massive fanservice, I still found it pretty funny.

Nyan Koi! - "Romantic Comedy" show was enough to get me into this one, I'm not going to lie. More Fukuyama is just icing on the cake.

11eyes - If nothing else, I'd like to know what these "<things>" are.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Meh, why not?

Seitokai no Ichizon: Hekiyou Gakuen Seitokai Gijiroku - Just for the moe.

White Album Season 2 - If nothing else, because I have the first season.

Sora no Otoshimono - This just sounds funny.

Natsu no Arashi: Akinai-chuu! - A lot of these shows just seem to be because I have the first season already.

Shin Koihime Musou - See Above.

Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu - "Ultramoé..." Sold.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza♪ - "A lot of these shows just seem to be because I have the first season already."

Kobato - CLAMP.

Kimi ni Todoke - One of the few original shows I'm following this season.

Sasameki Koto - Need my Yuri fix.

Darker than Black - Ryuusei no Gemini - The one most people seem to be going for. I never finished the first season, but that wasn't due to a lack of interest, but more of a lack of time.

Hidamari Sketch x365 Tokubetsu Hen - It's more Hidamari.

Mahoromatic Tokubetsu Hen ~Tadaima◇Okaeri~ - I can't think of anything to say for this one...

Fall OVA's and movies

Mahou Sensei Negima ~Mou Hitotsu no Sekai~ OVA - Yay, more Negima!

Shakugan no Shana S OVA - I enjoyed Shana. Will probably be following this, unless it turns out bad, which I can't imagine yet.

Kemono to Chat - Yay, more 4-panel stuff!

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Bangaichi OVA - Need I say more?

Christ, that was a lot more than I had expected... I probably won't end up grabbing half of these.

FELIPE NO

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Ozma
Here's Johnny!!!

Member 10311

Level 25.67

Jul 2006

Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:25 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2009, 10:25 AM #8 of 13
Let's see now...

Kuuchuu Buranko - seems nicely interesting and somehow gives me an eerie feeling like watching Ayakashi and Mononoke. Anime industry must try to produce more from this genre.

(BTW, I see something on the website concerning Paku Romi and other one. Can anyone tell me what is it about?)

Nyan Koi! - have a feeling this is going to be wacky like Midori no Hibi. Hope my choice is correct^^

Tatakau Shisou ~Book of Bantorra~ - the character design stinks, but I'm a sucker for books (same reason why I watched Toshokan Sensou, which turned out to be quite satisfactory)

Aoi Bungaku - maybe because of Mamiko Noto?

ZSY! OVA, First Squad, and Cencoroll - have been aiming these for months

Still considering:

Kobato
Tegami Bachi

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 02:45 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2009, 12:45 AM #9 of 13
Quote:
10/01: Nyan Koi! (Mewwuv)
Romantic comedy show where the central premise is that the guy hates cats (and is allergic to them) while his crush loves them. The guy ends up offending a cat spirit and gains the ability to talk to cats, but has to fulfill a hundred wishes from the cats or he'll turn into one himself. Fukuyama Jun (Lelouch in Code Geass) as one of the cats.
This one seemed promising. Saw first episode. As someone who is deathly allergic to cats myself, there were some moments where I heavily empathized with the main character. Subtle humor is well incorporated.

Haven't watched much of the other newer ones yet, but I think I'll follow this one.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 06:18 AM #10 of 13
Darker than Black 2: Darker than Black minus Yoko Kanno, the detective duo, and adding in some loli as a main character? Pass.

Not much this season looks that good, really.

Railgun because all of the setting of Index minus Index being a character, count me in.

Trapeze because I'll probably be working on it anyway.

Kobato because fuck yeah Kobato and I'll probably be working on it anyway, too.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms because this one isn't shit. Here's hoping somebody subs it.

Natsu no Arashi 2 because Akiyuki Shinbo can do no wrong.

That's about it, unless something is out-of-nowhere awesome. Like Needless. Fuck yeah Needless.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 06:35 AM Local time: Oct 2, 2009, 01:35 PM #11 of 13
Curious to see if the Mahotomatic special will just rewrite the bullshit ending of season 2 with a "lolololol trolld u, it was all a dream". And then pull an even worse Gainax ending.

Kimi ni Todoke is a much watch. The manga is very cute and I want to see how they pick the voices for the animu.

How ya doing, buddy?

Dobby
The sun-kissed slope

Member 4519

Level 8.40

Apr 2006

Old Oct 8, 2009, 01:01 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2009, 10:01 AM #12 of 13
I saw the first episode of Kimi ni Todoke and my heart melted. Kobato is amusing, so I will follow a bit longer and see what turns out.

But yes, my heart melted with Kimi ni Todoke.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 07:41 AM #13 of 13
Kimi ni Todoke is one hell of anime and manga.

Darker Than Black: Uhhhhhhh it feels weird seeing all characters returning. Although it's set @ different universe, it feels WEIRD seeing dead characters running around.

Kampfer: Feels WEIRD watching this.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Fall 2009 Shows - Not 1, but possibly 2 ROTK adaptations! GLEE!