Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD

cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old Jun 17, 2008, 07:49 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2008, 04:49 PM #1476 of 1533
Well guess i'm stopping my second time through again lol, just got strategy book and read up on a lot more things. You can apparently get the camera during any Mission Briefing cutscenes with the Mk.II/III. If you don't have it by Act 4 you get a special Naomi picture that'll automatically show up in your photo album.

Another reason i'm gonna play through is cause of a couple more secrets. this is mainly about all the B&B beauty fights. No real spoiler but it's a secret. Apparently if there is no result before 3 minutes of the Beauty fight conclusions they go into a "white world" (hadn't seen this) and a countdown of 3 minutes begins to take them out. During this time you can use the camera and they'll actually pose for you. Also having the iPod on to the song Hantei said, "Oishii Two-Hand Seikatsu" they'll dance for you, too bad can't get picture of that as same time. So i'm wanting to check this out.

Most amazing jew boots
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2008, 07:58 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2008, 06:58 PM #1477 of 1533
Another reason i'm gonna play through is cause of a couple more secrets. this is mainly about all the B&B beauty fights. No real spoiler but it's a secret. Apparently if there is no result before 3 minutes of the Beauty fight conclusions they go into a "white world" (hadn't seen this) and a countdown of 3 minutes begins to take them out. During this time you can use the camera and they'll actually pose for you. Also having the iPod on to the song Hantei said, "Oishii Two-Hand Seikatsu" they'll dance for you, too bad can't get picture of that as same time. So i'm wanting to check this out.
I actually have had that happen. It was while I searching for the statue for the Screaming Mantis, haha I was like "WTF? Am I too late to finish it?"

It's also possible to take photos of it. Just set the Camera to 2nd Person, and re-equipped the iPod. The screen will be of the appearance of a camera lense and you just hit R1 on a second controller (with it turned on of course) to take the picture.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 07:02 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 07:02 PM #1478 of 1533
Awesome news <3

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Jun 18, 2008, 07:05 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 05:05 PM 1 #1479 of 1533
Quote:
Add in Metal Gear Online, with its endless and deep multiplayer game play
LMAO, I'm sure everyone using SVD faggotry is so deep and interesting. Patch, please.

So an in-house plot guide. Well this certainly is a game that knows how to treat its story obsessed fans.

FELIPE NO
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 08:50 PM 1 #1480 of 1533
I just beat mgs 4 and I have to say that I loved it. I might not jump into online play just yet since i want to go through a quick play through to get some items.

Still, the ending
Spoiler:
is just like all the other metals gears in which its still stuck in my head and i just loved it. Act 4 was my favorite since it was so nostalgic but act 5 near the end had some of the most memorable "die hard" scenes. The fight between ocelot and snake combined both gameplay and awesome scenes, I had my exited face on through out the whole thing.
And just when i thought the game was over and the last voice actor credit rolled into the middle of the screen and then saw big boss, it was some weird twist that explained a little too much at the last minute but seeing the interaction between these characters just had me on my seat.

Oh and I'm glad they brought the metal gear theme even after that whole radio talk show thing ^^

Also thought I'd share this for those who didn't call codec in act 4.
Spoiler:
props to snake ^^
YouTube Video

And one more from act 4 which I thought was a good Idea since...
Spoiler:
there was no metal gear theme during this scene
YouTube Video

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:41 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 09:41 PM #1481 of 1533
Huh? Wait a second =0
Spoiler:
I don't remember the MGS theme ever playing in the end. Hmm...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:56 PM #1482 of 1533
Huh? Wait a second =0
Spoiler:
I don't remember the MGS theme ever playing in the end. Hmm...
I thought it played quite a few times.
Spoiler:
During the fight with ocelot, the ending credits, I think once with the encounter with big boss. It was a more subtle version of it and it was also a bit jazzy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old Jun 19, 2008, 06:07 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 03:07 AM #1483 of 1533
It's also possible to take photos of it. Just set the Camera to 2nd Person, and re-equipped the iPod. The screen will be of the appearance of a camera lense and you just hit R1 on a second controller (with it turned on of course) to take the picture.
Guess i'll need another controller sometime, find myself going back a lot and saving before the boss battles so i can do over and over.. at least i'm a expert at the Laughing Octopus fight, the first time doing that she scared me shitless. Thanks for the tip!

I've manged to take a lot of interesting pictures and uploading them to share with you guys over time, feel free to do the same. I see Shenlon has been doing the same as well. Kind of funny, first time through all about MGS4.. Snake.. and closure. Second time through it's all about the B&B Corp and a camera! Oh and playing game through non-lethal and getting trophies.. yeah thats what i meant.

Here's a couple i uploaded, i'll do some more later but i thought this was a good one of Laughing Beauty:
Spoiler:

Like i said i'll do more later, just figured out how to do this all and need to save them to my PS3 later. Also only up past the Raven fight, so i'll play and collect more pictures. So wish i had 2nd controller now.

Also i've been playing some MGO if anyone wants to add me, PSN: RaajTM Konami ID/Name: Solid Raaj.

Finally, looks like getting Big Boss emblem is insane. Finish game in under 5 hours, no alerts, no continues, no hurting anyone, no recovery items all while on Boss Extreme. The reward seems cool considering what it does, first time through i think i got "Hawk"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by cloud baka; Jun 19, 2008 at 06:37 AM.
Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 09:43 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 04:43 PM #1484 of 1533
I'm trying to get both bandan and Stealth before attempting Big Boss... However, I have this nasty feeling that using either of those items is against the rules

My first emblem? Inchworm

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:21 AM #1485 of 1533
Actually I only decided to take pictures when i found out of the photoshoots, I'll probably take more during my second time through since I'm more confident in playing it.
here are a few of crying wolf.
Spoiler:

This one is just a screenshot while I was recording her dancing.

and one of screaming mantis
Spoiler:
omg how easy was she once you know what to do

Also I'm guessing the emblem in the end is the one with the golden mark on it right? or is it the background pic. Anyways i had a few emblems unlocked but the one highlighted was Hawk which I'm guessing is a good one since its a cool animal. I seriously just winged it through the first playthru. I just killed or put asleep whoever I couldn't sneak by. I think I'll be able to get past the game without any alerts and enough knife kills in order to get a combo of stealth and assassins creed outfit at the end.

I was speaking idiomatically.

New Record!
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:49 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 10:49 AM #1486 of 1533
Kilroy --
Unfortunately, the bandanna and stealth camo aren't allowed if you want Big Boss emblem. Hell, I think they're *disabled* on Big Boss mode =x

Shenlon --
The tallied emblems, from what I read, just signifies the one that you passed with the most flying colors. If you crawled for over 10hrs but barely looted enough corpses for the Hyena, you'll have the Inchworm (crawling for more than 2hrs) tallied. Or so I've read. Bottom line? If an emblem is on that sheet, you've got it.

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:51 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 07:51 PM #1487 of 1533
Kilroy --
Unfortunately, the bandanna and stealth camo aren't allowed if you want Big Boss emblem. Hell, I think they're *disabled* on Big Boss mode =x
Yeah, that figured
Oh well, I think I'll settle for earning Stealth by sneaking just for now. Perhaps doing the knife kill thing like Shenlon plans to.

FELIPE NO

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 04:54 PM #1488 of 1533
Shenlon --
The tallied emblems, from what I read, just signifies the one that you passed with the most flying colors. If you crawled for over 10hrs but barely looted enough corpses for the Hyena, you'll have the Inchworm (crawling for more than 2hrs) tallied. Or so I've read. Bottom line? If an emblem is on that sheet, you've got it.
ah i see thanks. Getting the big boss is going to take your skills to the limit unless you already figured out all the enemy patterns. I may not try it until the third playthrough.

Oh and Gechmir, as for the main theme.
Oh don't anybody else look if you haven't beaten the game ^^
Spoiler:

this is the first time it played I think. They made a different rendition for it though, kinda like all the different versions in snake eater.
Starts in the 4 minute mark.
YouTube Video

EDIT: Oh wait! You might have thought I was talking about the mgs2 main theme? well this one is from part 3

New Record!

Last edited by Shenlon; Jun 19, 2008 at 04:57 PM.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 05:07 PM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 05:07 PM #1489 of 1533
Yeah, I was referring to the theme from MGS1, MGS2, and it's redone in MGS3. That song hardly appears in #4 since it was plagiarized off of a Russian piece from 1979.

Ahhh, there it is. I didn't notice it in my play-through =) Thanks for pointing it out, bud.

Most amazing jew boots

Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2008, 02:06 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2008, 01:06 AM #1490 of 1533
Did everyone download the Database? It is fucking thorough.

cloud baka
la li lu le lo

Member 30272

Level 7.02

May 2008

Old Jun 20, 2008, 02:50 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 11:50 PM #1491 of 1533
Did everyone download the Database? It is fucking thorough.
Just got it a little while ago and it sure seems like it. If you've only played MGS4 and tempted to play the others, the information on here would probably further push you to play the games. Or don't even want to bother with the games (though i HIGHLY recommend playing them all) this will fill you in on absolutely everything. This would've been so much helpful when trying to figure out MGS2, or at least MGS4 probably helps explain what it was all about.

Good job to everyone that put that together, must have for any fan i think.

How ya doing, buddy?
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2008, 09:28 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2008, 09:28 AM #1492 of 1533
Haven't downloaded it yet, but I will soon~ =D

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:45 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2008, 09:45 AM 1 #1493 of 1533
All I can say is that I've never heard the adverb "fucking" before the adjective "thorough." Honestly, that's like hearing someone say "fucking superfluous."

And no, haven't downloaded it yet. Probably will today.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jun 20, 2008 at 11:48 AM.
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2008, 03:29 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2008, 02:29 PM #1494 of 1533
It has an entry for Back of the Case. And Godzilla is canon in the MGS universe.

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2008, 02:43 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2008, 09:43 AM #1495 of 1533
I'd love to download it, just to see what it's all about, but sadly it hasn't been released in Europe yet. But any piece of MGS-lore is something I have to get (except the book...)

FELIPE NO

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2008, 10:36 PM #1496 of 1533
I downloaded the database and its definitely an incredible source of info. At first I thought it was going to be an add on for the actual game. So far I just clicked through 54% of the names, just reading tidbits.

Also, I was playing through the game again trying to learn the environments and placements of the guards so that I won't get caught and it take quite some practice to get everything perfect.

Oh and I love the camera, every picture is just Hi-res awesomeness. Although it does look better on screen.

Meryl
Spoiler:

Johnny
Spoiler:

You can kinda see his eyes through the glasses

And some more that I don't feel like filling up this post with
Exiq/MGS4 Photos - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

EDIT: Oh crap I never noticed this. Chunks of skull
Spoiler:

New Record!

Last edited by Shenlon; Jun 21, 2008 at 10:41 PM.
Karasu
... Boss. *broken rib*

Member 5720

Level 20.39

Apr 2006

Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:48 PM #1497 of 1533
Spoiler:
so am i getting it right when im trying to CQC vamp with the syringe when you fight him?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
espressivo
Chocobo

Member 1378

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2008, 09:57 AM #1498 of 1533
I finally beat the game and i've got a question for those who have finished it.

Spoiler:
if the foxdie in snake killed eva, big boss and eventually ocelot. then how come it didn't kill ocelot the first time they met? and also, why doesn't it kill the other people around snake, like otacon and meryl?

this isn't really a question but i was very surprised seeing big boss on the credits, then him making an appearance. it was totally unexpected.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:48 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2008, 01:48 PM #1499 of 1533
KEEPINGDASPOILAHS INVISIBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Spoiler:
Foxdie was only intended to kill Snake, Big Boss, and Liquid by the end point of the game. Meryl, Otacon, and what-not weren't set as "killable" according to the unmutated Foxdie.

Big Boss dies because Snake pretty much was spawning Foxdie in to the air, but it was harmless to everyone outside of Les Infantes Terribles sources and results.

As to why it killed Big Boss on the spot? It probably watches for an age to be passed before its "time bomb" goes off and kills the target/victim. Big Boss is WELL beyond that age, I'd think, since he has lived a long life. Snake was still shy of the point when Foxdie would trigger, I think.

Plus, Snake's mutations in his body following the rapid aging process more or less neutralized Foxdie in his system. Big Boss lacked this, resulting in him kicking the can.

Ocelot isn't phased by it because he is still Ocelot. Despite Liquid's arm, he is made up of Ocelot's DNA, making him impervious to Foxdie. Or so I figured.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Gechmir; Jun 25, 2008 at 02:14 PM.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:01 PM #1500 of 1533
Magic text goes here to avoid spoilers on the main page. I like sandwiches. So then, you must too.

Spoiler:
My understanding of it was that the injection Snake took from Drebin (which created an "altered" form of foxdie) was meant to kill Big Boss. I think he specifically mentions to Snake that they sent him to kill him at the end, that they saw their meeting coming in advance or something. (Also, Drebin admits at the end to having been working for the Patriots -- so it makes sense.)

Ocelot had Liquid's arm removed at some point, you can see this clearly because he has a cybernetic one when he removes his coat.

And of course, EVA died from the fire in chapter 3-- nothing to do with foxdie. Ocelot didn't die from it either, he died from getting beaten to a bloody pulp.

Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen

Last edited by Forsety; Jun 25, 2008 at 02:03 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? PROTIP: THIS IS THE MGS4 THREAD