Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

how to reformat a Toshiba laptop?

SeanParnika
River Chocobo

Member 762

Level 23.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 11:34 AM #1 of 9
how to reformat a Toshiba laptop?

I have this model

TOSHIBA Intel® Centrino® Mobile Technology Intel® Core™ Solo Processor T1350 Notebook

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy...ailerid=-99824

thanks

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by SeanParnika; Aug 20, 2006 at 11:35 PM.
Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:07 PM #2 of 9
Nice choice. I just bought the Satellite A105. I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to reach full charge, though... I haven't ever unplugged mine yet, heh.

It comes with Media Center Edition, doesn't it? Maybe you're having the same problem as me: http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/os...r-edition.html

Have you ever formatted before? I'm guessing it's the same as everything else. Just pop in the XP Professional CD, reboot, delete the crap on the partition, and do a clean install.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The only way out is through.
SeanParnika
River Chocobo

Member 762

Level 23.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:32 PM #3 of 9
I have included a info pdf

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by SeanParnika; Aug 20, 2006 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Void

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:46 PM #4 of 9
Well the laptop should've came with like a recovery disc, and you can pop that in and install the drivers that way.

The XP pro CD should work with any computer, really.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SeanParnika
River Chocobo

Member 762

Level 23.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:52 PM #5 of 9
The disk that came with it says "Recovery and Appliaction."

But the Dell disk (this disk is a education version) that I got works fine now. I just had to press F12 before the computer loads.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by SeanParnika; Aug 20, 2006 at 11:36 PM.
Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:53 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2006, 10:53 AM #6 of 9
Originally Posted by Void
Well the laptop should've came with like a recovery disc, and you can pop that in and install the drivers that way.

The XP pro CD should work with any computer, really.
It really depends. Some manufacturers make your create your own recovery disc on first boot.

To answer the question, you will need to find all of the drivers for each piece of hardware in the laptop if you don't format with the recovery discs.

If you do have recovery discs, the drivers will be on it, but slightly out of date.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SeanParnika
River Chocobo

Member 762

Level 23.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:34 PM #7 of 9
Originally Posted by Render
It really depends. Some manufacturers make your create your own recovery disc on first boot.

To answer the question, you will need to find all of the drivers for each piece of hardware in the laptop if you don't format with the recovery discs.

If you do have recovery discs, the drivers will be on it, but slightly out of date.

I'm installing the drivers right, now. thanks for the info

FELIPE NO
playstation201
Wark!

Member 1776

Level 1.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:51 AM #8 of 9
I just spent the night rebuilding a CLEAN install of a Toshiba A100 series laptop and let me tell you their site is a pain in the ass. If you decide to go for a clean install here are my tips:

The product key on the bottom will only work if you have a Windows Xp OEM cd, kinda obvious but also kind of easy to miss.

Out of all the weird toshiba sites the site with the drivers is:
toshibadirect.com

Believe it or not they didnt have the model laptop listed under their drivers but they sold it on their other site, i ended up using the drives from a laptop that was exactly the same but had a card reader and thumb scanner, just didnt install those drivers and eveything turned out fine.

Other then that the install went very smooth, you have to install alot of their shit software for extra power management and media buttons but thats kinda expected. Good luck.

Edit: looks im a little slow, oh well thought that counts :-p

Most amazing jew boots
Void

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 02:11 AM #9 of 9
I just formated and installed a fresh copy of professional right now. The only problem I had was after reinstalling all of the drivers and doing a reboot the laptop would always freeze before loading up explorer. This happened consisently and I couldn;t get through, so I had to format it again this time I rebooted after it told me to after I installed the drivers [i usually just hold it back, since it's such a pain rebooting after EVERY driver installation] but it went through and now I'm fine.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > how to reformat a Toshiba laptop?