Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

True Barbecue

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:36 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2006, 10:36 PM #1 of 19
True Barbecue

OK guys. I'm a fairly shitty kitchen cook, but I barbecue almost every weekend and have been known to make a mean rack of spareribs. This makes me a certified barbecue expert. Yes it does. Don't question my logic.

But in all seriousness, what drives your grill? Post any recipes, tips or experiences in the great outdoors world known as your backyards.

If there's enough barbecue recipes posted, I may even start updating this post with a recipe index. I'll post a good recipe for ribs later on tonight when I dig it out of my email.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rikimaru
Resident Ninja Always Kicking Arse!

Member 648

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:57 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:57 AM #2 of 19
For barbecue, the recipe is no concern as long as it is done properly. Any barbebue sauce is alright, at least for me, as long as the meat is tender and juicy.

By the way, I hope I do not sound too anal, but are you talking about the real barbecue, i.e., cooking at a low temperature which spans almost a day to cook a slab of ribs, or grilling?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ninjitsu is an art of being unseen. I, therefore, cannot be seen. Those who see me shall not be seen again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

JOIN NOW!
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 03:11 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:11 AM #3 of 19
I think he meant grilling. It wasn't until recently that I found out there was a difference.

I was thinking of barbecuing, actually, so this comes at a good time. Seeing as how I've never done it before, I need some help.

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:44 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 04:44 AM #4 of 19
Originally Posted by Hachifusa
I think he meant grilling. It wasn't until recently that I found out there was a difference.
Oh god yes, there's a difference. I grill all the time. But every once in a while, you just HAVE to go all out and take your time in making the food taste above the norm. We call that barbecueing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
peeack
Good Chocobo

Member 443

Level 18.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:19 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:19 PM #5 of 19
Ahhh Barbecuing. Fucking excellent way of getting shit cooked on a hot summer day. Cricket on, beer in hand, meat sizzling away. Fucking ace. The best way to do it is to let the grill do the cooking, not the heat of the flames.

At my place, we've got three barbecues! One massive six burner with a wok burner, used downstairs when ever we have a big thing on. A smaller 4 burner upstairs on the patio that we usually cook our dinner on (depending on what we're having ofcourse) and a Weber (which I guess you yanks would be familiar with.)

I was speaking idiomatically.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:33 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 12:03 AM #6 of 19
Barbecuing has been a sunday night ritual for as long as I can remember. Every sunday us and our two neighbouring families gather at our house. We have both a 6 burner and a Weber. Recently mum bought a gas converter for the weber. TIP: Never do this! Unless you want to completely kill the reason for having a weber.

How ya doing, buddy?
Rikimaru

Member 648

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:43 AM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 09:43 AM #7 of 19
By looking at the definition of barbecueing, it is not very different from smoking.

Does that mean that a barbecue recipe should also include the type of fuel (wood) used?

I never barbecued since it is so time consuming, and I do not have the proper equipment at home. HEHE!!

Most amazing jew boots
Ninjitsu is an art of being unseen. I, therefore, cannot be seen. Those who see me shall not be seen again.

JOIN NOW!
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 04:29 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 02:29 PM #8 of 19
Originally Posted by Rikimaru
Does that mean that a barbecue recipe should also include the type of fuel (wood) used?
A good barbecue recipe will include the type of wood used, of which the most common is hickory.

I'm looking through my archives right now and I'm looking for the recipe for these awesome smoked cinammon ribs that we made a while back. i'll post it when I find it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Rikimaru

Member 648

Level 10.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 05:19 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 05:19 PM #9 of 19
I wonder how marijuana smoked barbecue would taste like.

JOIN NOW!
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:57 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 01:57 PM #10 of 19
Every barbeque meal must have draught beer poured all over it during the cook. You follow this up by flipping all the meet over onto parts of the hotplate with beer evapourating away. This ensures the barbecue will never fail.

Also everyone sanitises their hotplate with salt + beer right?

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:18 PM #11 of 19
Originally Posted by RABicle
Also everyone sanitises their hotplate with salt + beer right?
Actually, yes. I use Tecate and garlic salt to pour on the hotplate and then wipe it down. Also, I clean the grill using half of an onion and olive oil.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:41 PM #12 of 19
Actually another trick I jsut remembered is to cut a lemon in half and just scrub down the hotplate with that (While it's hot of course). The amount of black shit that builds up on the lemon can be frightening.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:51 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:51 PM #13 of 19
Originally Posted by RABicle
Actually another trick I jsut remembered is to cut a lemon in half and just scrub down the hotplate with that (While it's hot of course).
My uncle does that too. I notice that if we drop tortillas on them to warm them right after we do that, they end up with the SLIGHTEST tinge of zest on them too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:00 AM #14 of 19
Never been much to cook the meat myself, but Ive been the wingman to more barbecues then I can remember.

The time you spend chilling waiting for the food to cook is almost as good as eating it. Its just one of those things that make for a good day off and a bonding experience.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:32 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 06:32 PM #15 of 19
I love fish on the barbecue. Some of the things I like to make:

sardines, marinated in garlic, sal, pepper, spanish peeper, rosemary and thyme.
Giant shrimps with garlic, oregano oil, lemonjuice and parsley.
Red perch (I think that's what it's called in english). Marinate the fish in salt pepper and lemon juice. Make a mixture of tomato cubicles, basil and shallot. Put it together with the now marinated fish in a small package of aluminum foil (to preserve the taste, this in not necessary with shrimps or other shell food), and put it on the barbecue fr 5 to 7 minutes.

FELIPE NO
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:35 AM #16 of 19
In the South, barbeque is a noun, not a verb. It's meat (usually pork) either sliced or chopped, with barbeque sauce, on a bun. It almost always has coleslaw on it unless you specify otherwise.

Grilling is the act of cooking food on an outdoor barbeque grill.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:37 PM #17 of 19
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
In the South, barbeque is a noun, not a verb. It's meat (usually pork) either sliced or chopped, with barbeque sauce, on a bun. It almost always has coleslaw on it unless you specify otherwise.
When I hear barbeque in the south I think of a buffet line with pulled pork, hash, hush puppies, cole slaw, potato salad, rice, sweet tea, and bananna pudding.

Correct me if im wrong Alice .

NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:33 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 05:03 PM #18 of 19
Calamari on the BBQ is also a favourite of mine, in fact any seafood tastes good when barbecued right..

*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:29 AM #19 of 19
Hell yeah. Im not a big seafood fan, but the grill just does something uncommonly good to it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > True Barbecue