Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Video Games Live

el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2006, 01:26 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 03:26 AM #101 of 524
Originally Posted by Shaolin Samurai
Pardon my ignorance but I noticed that Metroid is noticeably absent from the Video Games Live line-up. Is this due to licensing issues, or is there some other factor?
See his reply to my question:
Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico
The reason Metroid Prime is in our press release is because I worked on the game and it is one of the titles that is listed under projects I've worked on. Although I too love Metroid Prime... I feel that the music for Beyond Good & Evil plays much better to a live audience.
Mr Tallarcio, I personally hope you give Metroid another chance, even if it is not Metroid Prime. Both Metroid for NES and Super Metroid have been performed by orchestras to excellent results. I know I am just one person but I do think there is a great demand for Metroid live (just see the response to the Metroid Metal project).

How ya doing, buddy?
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 01:33 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2006, 11:33 PM #102 of 524
Hey everyone,

I'll try to answer everyone's comments and questions over the weekend.

Just checking in the night before the big Hollywood Bowl show tomorrow. Wanted to give everyone a quick peek into some of the stuff that will be going on tomorrow. Hope people in the LA area will be able to come and check out the show. Please feel free to come up during the meet & greet and say you read this at Gaming Force.

Thanks!

Tommy

================================================== ==

VIDEO GAMES LIVE™ ANNOUNCES FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES FOR NEW SHOW AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL

Events to Include Meet & Greet with over 50 Top Composers, Designers & Celebrities

Plus Costume Contest, Playable Games, Guitar Hero™ II Competition, Classic Arcade Competitions, Spectacular Prizes, and More

LOS ANGELES – September 19, 2006 – Renowned video game composers, Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, announced the pre-show festival events planned for the return performance of their Video Games Live™ at the Hollywood Bowl on September 21st, presented by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra. Created and produced by Tallarico and Wall’s production company, Mystical Stone Entertainment LLC, Video Games Live™ features music from the most popular video games performed by top orchestras and choirs around the world, combining exclusive video footage and music arrangements, synchronized lighting, solo performers, live electronic drumming by Irwin and unique interactive segments to create an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience.

This special performance taking place this Thursday evening will mark the return of Video Games Live™ to the Bowl after a triumphant nationwide tour, and is the last domestic performance of this year’s tour before starting their international performances. To commemorate the event, Video Games Live™ is pulling out all the stops and opening the doors early to present a pre-show festival from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. which is FREE to all ticket holders. Tickets ($3 - $65) are on sale now at Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B...1&minorcatid=1

The pre-show festival will include PC game stations sponsored by Intel, a game competition with prize giveaways presented by Dream Authentics featuring old school titles Space Invaders, Centipede, and Asteroids on six custom built arcade cabinets. The yet-to-be-released Guitar Hero™ II will be on hand with its own competition and prizes. Other pre-show festivities include a costume contest where audience members will come dressed as their favorite video game characters. Finalists will be judged on the Hollywood Bowl stage by the audience. San Diego based High Moon Studios will have a recruiting booth available at the show for people looking to get into the video game industry. Other festival sponsors and prizes provided by Dolby, TokyoPop, IGN, Westwood Colleges, Killer Tracks, APM Music, Music4Games & ASCAP.

Prizes will be given away throughout the evening during several audience-interactive segments, starring one of the most beloved classic arcade games of all time, Frogger, as well as a live Space Invaders contest and even an interactive segment with the Goodyear Blimp! This unique interaction with a live symphony has only ever been attempted and performed at Video Games Live™. Grand prize includes an Intel computer and a set of TokyoPop manga books.

The pre-show Meet and Greet, where fans can interact with renowned game composers and designers as well as celebrities, will be VGL’s largest ever with more than 50 industry luminaries, including:

COMPOSERS:

Tommy Tallarico
Earthworm Jim, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Metroid Prime, Advent Rising, Aladdin, Cool Spot, Spider-Man, Time Crisis, MDK, Unreal 2 & Tournament, Blood Rayne, The Terminator, NFL Blitz, Prince of Persia, Pac-Man World, Knockout Kings, Madden Football, Twisted Metal

Jack Wall
Myst III, Myst IV, Splinter Cell, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Army of Two

Marty O'Donnell
Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Riven

Mike Salvatori
Halo, Halo2, Halo 3, Riven, Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse

Inon Zur
Prince of Persia, EverQuest, Pirates of the Carribean, SOCOM II, Lineage II: Chronicle 5

Gerard Marino
God of War, God of War 2, The Punisher

Jason Hayes
Warcraft series

Jesper Kyd
Hitman series, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theorye2C DDR, Freedom Fighters, Unreal Tournament 2007, Spellborn

Alexander Brandon
Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Gauntlet

Clint Bajakian
Monkey Island, Outlaws, Indiana Jones, Day of the Tentacle

Peter McConnell
Sly 2 & 3, Psychonauts, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango

Michael Land
The Dig, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle

Jamey Scott
Gears of War, Unreal Tournament 2007, Daxter, Jak3

Cris Velasco
God of War, God of War 2, Dark Messiah, Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Sascha Dikiciyan
Quake Series, Dark Messiah, Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent

Billy Martin
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Chicken Little, Finding Nemo

Lennie Moore
Outcast, War of the Ring, Dragonshard

Shawn Clement
Sims 2, Need For Speed, Batman: Vengeance, Tarzan: Untamed, Open Season, Kim Possible: What’s the Switch?

Stephen Harwood Jr.
Brother In Arms

Will Littlejohn
Guitar Hero, Karaoke Revolution, BladeRunner, Guitar Hero II

Christopher Lennertz
Medal of Honor series, Gun, 007: From Russia with Love

Chance Thomas
King Kong, X-Men, Lord of the Rings

Rod Abernethy
Star Trek: Legacy, Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, Blazing Angels,
Marvel VS, The Hobbit

Chris Tilton
Black, The Incredibles, Mercenaries, Alias

Gary Schyman
Destroy All Humans 1 & 2, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, BioShock

Spencer Nilsen
Ecco The Dolphin, Sonic CD, Batman Returns, Daytona USA

Russell Brower
Audio Director - World of Warcraft

Rob King
Heroes of Might & Magic, EverQuest series, Area 51, Scarface

DESIGNERS:

Tim Schafer
Day of Tentacle, Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts

Louis Castle
Cofounder Westwood Studios, Command and Conquer, Blade Runner

Vince Desi
Postal series, SPY vs SPY (C64/Apple II), Ghostbusters (C64/PC)

Bill “The Game Doctor” Kunkel
Father of video game journalism, Electronic Games Magazine — 1979

Cory Barlog
God of War 1 & 2, X-Men: Mutant Academy & the Next Dimension

John Botti
Robocop vs. Terminator, Tomorrow Never Dies, Treasures of the Deep, Knockout Kings, X-Files

Keith Robinson
President, Programmer & Game Designer – Intellivision

Mike Morhaime
President - Blizzard Entertainment

Justin Thavirat
Project Art Director - World of Warcraft

Seamus Blackley
creator of the X-BOX

Jason Rubin
Crash Bandicoot series, Jak & Daxter

PERFORMERS:

BT
Recording artist — Movement in Still Life, Emotional Technology, This Binary Universe
Film composer — Stealth, Fast & the Furious, Monster
Video games — SSX, Gran Turismo 3, Wipeout, Need for Speed, DDR, Burnout Revenge

Dweezil Zappa
Songwriter, Recording Artist, Guitar Legend

Irwin
Electronic drummer for VGL, Beastie Boys, and Rob Navarro

Martin Leung
The Video Game Pianist

Laurie Robinson
Soloist — Advent Rising

SPECIAL GUESTS:

John Schneider
Smallville, Dukes of Hazzard

Steven Lisberger
Creator, writer, director — TRON

Richard Taylor
Movie Special FX Supervisor — TRON, Star Trek
Game Cinematic Director — TRON 2.0, Lord of the Rings, Links 2004, Amped 2, Top Spin

Julie Stoffer
Electric Playground, MTV’s Real World

VOICE ACTORS:

David Hayter
Voice of Solid Snake in MGS 1 - 4, Eternal Darkness
Screenwriter X-Men, X2, The Scorpion King

Dee Baker
SpongeBob SquarePants (TV), Teen Titans (TV), Viewtiful Joe, Halo 2, EverQuest II, Doom 3, Tales of Symphonia, Arc the Lad, Final Fantasy X-2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Kingdom Hearts, Spider-Man

The concert will start with an opening act from famous electronic recording artist Brian “BT” Transeau previewing selections from his new album “This Binary Universe.” Legendary guitarists Steve Vai and Dweezil Zappa will be performing along with the orchestra, as well as live electronic drumming by Irwin, and other special appearances by well-known video game composers including Halo composer Marty O'Donnell. New segments include Halo® 3 and Civilization IV, plus a rare special acoustic performance by the original LucasArts composers performing Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, and more.

Video Games Live™ will once again make history by being the first to bring the symphonic score from Final Fantasy® VII to the Hollywood Bowl. Fans will also enjoy a special solo performance by Video Game Pianist Martin Leung who will debut his unique Final Fantasy® piano arrangement consisting of over ten Final Fantasy® favorites.

New music and exclusive video has been added to the already spectacular line-up of games including Mario™, Zelda®, Final Fantasy®, Halo®, Metal Gear Solid®, Warcraft®, Myst®, Kingdom Hearts, Medal of Honor™, Sonic™, Tron®, God of War™ and others, plus there will be a new and expanded Classic Arcade Medley featuring tributes to the games that started it all.

About Video Games Live™ (www.videogameslive.com)
Created by two industry leading video game composers Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, Video Games Live™ (produced under their company Mystical Stone Entertainment, LLC) is the front runner in the field of live game music performance. Video Games Live™ is an immersive concert event celebration featuring music from the biggest video games of all time. The debut performance launched on July 6th, 2005 at the world famous Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles with the LA Philharmonic with over 11,000 people in attendance making it the largest video game concert in the world.

About the Hollywood Bowl
One of the largest natural amphitheaters in the world, with a seating capacity of nearly 18,000, the HOLLYWOOD BOWL has been the summer home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic since its official opening in 1922, and in 1991 gave its name to the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, a resident ensemble that has filled a special niche in the musical life of Southern California. The 2004 season introduced audiences to a revitalized Hollywood Bowl, featuring a newly-constructed shell and stage and the addition of four stadium screens enhancing stage views in the venue. To this day, $1 buys a seat at the top of the Bowl for many of the Los Angeles Philharmonic's concerts. While the Bowl is best known for its sizzling summer nights, during the day California's youngest patrons enjoy "SummerSounds: Music for Kids at the Hollywood Bowl," the Southland's most popular summer arts festival for children, now in its 38th season. Attendance figures over the past several decades have soared: in 1980 the Bowl first topped the half-million mark and close to one million admissions have been recorded. In February 2006, the Hollywood Bowl was named Best Major Outdoor Concert Venue for the second year in a row at the 17th Annual Pollstar Concert Industry Awards; the Bowl's summer music festival has become as much a part of a Southern California summer as beaches and barbecues, the Dodgers, and Disneyland.

Tickets ($3 - $65) are on sale now at the Hollywood Bowl Box Office, by calling Ticketmaster at 213.480.3232, at all Ticketmaster outlets (Robinsons May, Tower Records, and Ritmo Latino locations), or online at HollywoodBowl.com. Groups of 12 or more may be eligible for a 20% discount, subject to availability; call 323.850-2050 for further details.

For general information or to request a brochure, call 323.850.2000.

###

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tommy Tallarico

President, Tommy Tallarico Studios, Inc. (www.tallarico.com)
Founder/CEO, Video Games Live (www.videogameslive.com)
Founder/CEO, Game Audio Network Guild [G.A.N.G.] (www.audiogang.org)

Facebook Personal Page
Facebook Video Games Live Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
YouTube Channel Video Games Live
Stazarine
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 11139

Level 1.47

Aug 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:12 AM #103 of 524
Hi Tommy,

Just wanted to let you know that I just got back from the concert at Hollywood Bowl, and I thought that it was great. Great music to go with great stories. AND it was awesome hearing One Winged Angel live. You have made one of my dreams come true.

My mom mentioned to me about how she quite enjoyed watching the audience responded to many of the pieces, which is something you definitely won't get with pieces from Mozart, Beethoven and others. Especially like with the crowd that video games (+itsmusic) has.

Thanks again! And great job to all the staff that made it possible.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Stazarine; Sep 22, 2006 at 03:49 AM.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 12:32 AM #104 of 524
It was good meeting you there, Tommy! Sorry if I seemed a little too eager to talk to you. I had some friends waiting on me, and I just wanted to get some quick conversation in before I took off. I also know you were pressed for time, as there were a lot of industry people there you wanted to talk to.

The concert was great, but I think the people were my favorite part. I loved being able to talk with Alex Brandon, Christopher Tin, Spencer Nielsen, David Hayter, Tim Schafer, and well, everyone. They were all very friendly and interesting to talk to.

I'll probably post some more thoughts on the event later; it's pretty late right now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to VGL 2007.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Naka
Carob Nut

Member 5266

Level 4.03

Apr 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 02:31 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 11:31 AM #105 of 524
I went last night and thoroughy enjoyed it. I wish I would have paid for a little bit better seats though. I was wondering if I missed much, I came in part way through the retro medley.

I am trying to decide what my favorite part was. I really enjoyed the whole thing, but the ones that stand out in my mind were the Zelda, Mario, Sonic, and Warcraft arrangments. The classic clips in there made me remember the good ol' days of classic games. Warcraft was very intense, I love the songs they had in the mix and the choir was top notch.

I will also say it speaks volumes that my girlfriend who always gives me a hard time for being such a big VGM nut LOVED it as well. She also wished we sat closer so she could see the screen better. So I had a great time, and will definitely go again. Thanks for a great show Tommy!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 05:03 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 02:03 PM #106 of 524
Thank you Tommy for creating such an amazing concert! I went to the Hollywood Bowl one last night, and me and my friends enjoyed it alot! We got to meet industry people and enjoy amazing arrangerments of the classic video game themes as well as new ones. Great job getting David Hayter playing Snake to introduce the concert!

It was also great to see a different variety of music, not just from RPGS or console games, but also PC games like Myst, Civilization and WoW, and more recent games like God of War, and who didn't love the short but big finale of music from the Halo 3 trailer played live and have the voice of Cortana on stage speaking the crytic line as well?

The videos, the performance, the acoustics and everything was fantastic, if there's gonna be another concert here in LA in future years, I'm defintly coming back again!

Once again, great job and thank you!

How ya doing, buddy?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 05:12 PM #107 of 524
Hi, Tommy

I've been following this thread for a while without having anything relevant to add, just saying to myself: they seem to be having a good time, I'm glad for them. Then I go to your Wikipedia entry and read that Video Games Live is currently touring the world. Then I went to your Tour Schedule on your site and saw Brazil listed, I went nuts. If you can go all the way to the south, have you ever considered bringing your show to Mexico?

We have some good venues here, also, is it a requirement for the concert to be alongside a gaming/comic convention or could it be a santdalone presentation? The only mexican videogame convention that comes to my mind is LatinGamer which is supposedly to hold 10,000 visitors. In other words, what would it take to bring the show to Mexico? Thanks and take care!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Tawnee Van Pelt; Sep 25, 2006 at 11:38 AM.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 04:05 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 01:05 PM #108 of 524
Tommy's here..? Holy shit.

I saw you at a game conference at the Metreon last year I believe. I honestly don't remember what it was about (were you guys discussing E3?), but was more in awe that I was so close to the game industry. It's my dream yadda yadda to be in the yadda yadda industry yadda yadda and all that, so I stayed for the whole thing even though I had a class later.

Anyway, good to see you here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
horseman85
Piano noob

Member 4561

Level 13.38

Apr 2006

Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:52 PM #109 of 524
Hey Tommy

I was just wondering if the show for Montreal would be this year or sometime next year. Thanks.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 04:34 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 02:34 AM #110 of 524
Originally Posted by Citizen Meh
Bought my Hammersmith ticket! Looking forward to it!

Cool!! Can't wait for you to see the show. Please spread the word to anyone you think may be interested. We're really looking forward to it!

Tommy

Double Post:
Pardon my ignorance but I noticed that Metroid is noticeably absent from the Video Games Live line-up. Is this due to licensing issues, or is there some other factor?

As far as not having Metroid in the show currently... this is our challenge...

Because of the style of the original music, it is difficult to translate to a live orchestral performance to do it proper justice. I myself worked on Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime Echoes (sound design) and have a very close understanding of the music and am personally a big fan. It was an honor for me to work with such talented people as Miyamoto-san. It's a tough challenge and one that I am not yet willing to give up on... but currently we do not have it as part of our playlist. This is an event which will go on indefinitely all around the world. Our goal is to come back each and every year with new material and a different playlist. For example... we've played the Hollywood Bowl twice now and each time we had different playlists and added things. Last week we added things like the Halo 3 trailer music (with Steve Vai on guitar), more Final Fantasy stuff, Civilization IV, LucasArts music, etc.

Our goal will be to eventually bring the Metroid music to our show in a way that properly justifies its greatness.

T.T.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by José
I, on the other hand, apparently will have to stop holding my breath: after missing the last northeast boat (i.e. Philly), and with New York pushed to God-knows-when-if-at-all, I'll come back sometime in 2007.

Where are you located exactly? I can tell you if and when we're coming to your area.

T.T.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by el jacko
See his reply to my question:

Mr Tallarcio, I personally hope you give Metroid another chance, even if it is not Metroid Prime. Both Metroid for NES and Super Metroid have been performed by orchestras to excellent results. I know I am just one person but I do think there is a great demand for Metroid live (just see the response to the Metroid Metal project).

I agree! I'm sure you read my response above. Does anyone have an .mp3 of Metroid done with the orchestra? Wonder if they'll do an arrangement for the new SSB?

T.T.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Stazarine
Hi Tommy,

Just wanted to let you know that I just got back from the concert at Hollywood Bowl, and I thought that it was great. Great music to go with great stories. AND it was awesome hearing One Winged Angel live. You have made one of my dreams come true.

My mom mentioned to me about how she quite enjoyed watching the audience responded to many of the pieces, which is something you definitely won't get with pieces from Mozart, Beethoven and others. Especially like with the crowd that video games (+itsmusic) has.

Thanks again! And great job to all the staff that made it possible.

Thank-you so much for the kind words! Truly warms my heart to know that you (and your mom) had a great time.

T.T.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G
It was good meeting you there, Tommy! Sorry if I seemed a little too eager to talk to you. I had some friends waiting on me, and I just wanted to get some quick conversation in before I took off. I also know you were pressed for time, as there were a lot of industry people there you wanted to talk to.

The concert was great, but I think the people were my favorite part. I loved being able to talk with Alex Brandon, Christopher Tin, Spencer Nielsen, David Hayter, Tim Schafer, and well, everyone. They were all very friendly and interesting to talk to.

I'll probably post some more thoughts on the event later; it's pretty late right now. Anyway, I'm looking forward to VGL 2007.

Thanks Kaleb! The composers & designers really love meeting everyone. We had over 52 industry people in the meet & greet that night! I was cool to see everyone there interacting with the audience and fans. I'm glad that ANYONE who is interested in meeting these people can. We would never charge people to meet composers like other concerts do.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Naka
I went last night and thoroughy enjoyed it. I wish I would have paid for a little bit better seats though. I was wondering if I missed much, I came in part way through the retro medley.

I am trying to decide what my favorite part was. I really enjoyed the whole thing, but the ones that stand out in my mind were the Zelda, Mario, Sonic, and Warcraft arrangments. The classic clips in there made me remember the good ol' days of classic games. Warcraft was very intense, I love the songs they had in the mix and the choir was top notch.

I will also say it speaks volumes that my girlfriend who always gives me a hard time for being such a big VGM nut LOVED it as well. She also wished we sat closer so she could see the screen better. So I had a great time, and will definitely go again. Thanks for a great show Tommy!

Yo Naka!!

Woo-hoo!! Another non-gaming girlfriend converted!! hehehehehee

Thank-you for your thoughtful insights and praise. Warcraft is probably my favorite piece as well... although hearing the African choir on Civilization IV always gives me major goosebumps (especially in rehearsals when it's just them by themselves).

Thank-you again for coming to support the cause! Looking forward to playing for you again next year!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Kairi Li
Thank you Tommy for creating such an amazing concert! I went to the Hollywood Bowl one last night, and me and my friends enjoyed it alot! We got to meet industry people and enjoy amazing arrangerments of the classic video game themes as well as new ones. Great job getting David Hayter playing Snake to introduce the concert!

It was also great to see a different variety of music, not just from RPGS or console games, but also PC games like Myst, Civilization and WoW, and more recent games like God of War, and who didn't love the short but big finale of music from the Halo 3 trailer played live and have the voice of Cortana on stage speaking the crytic line as well?

The videos, the performance, the acoustics and everything was fantastic, if there's gonna be another concert here in LA in future years, I'm defintly coming back again!

Once again, great job and thank you!

Hi Kairi,

I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to come here and speak with you all about the show. I can't tell you how much we all here appreciate the positive feedback and goodwill from people such as yourself. I really makes all of the extra effort, long hours and hard work worth it knowing that you had such a good time. It's 3:00am in the morning where I am right now and I've been working since 6:00am today... but after reading all of these comments here I feel like working another 10 hours!!

Thanks for the inspiration. It's greatly appreciated!!!!!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Tawnee Stoner
Hi, Tommy

I've been following this thread for a while without having anything relevant to add, just saying to myself: they seem to be having a good time, I'm glad for them. Then I go to your Wikipedia entry and read that Video Games Live is currently touring the world. Then I went to your Tour Schedule on your site and saw Brazil listed, I went nuts. If you can go all the way to the south, have you ever considered bringing your show to Mexico?

We have some good venues here, also, is it a requirement for the concert to be alongside a gaming/comic convention or could it be a santdalone presentation? The only mexican videogame convention that comes to my mind is LatinGamer which is supposedly to hold 10,000 visitors. In other words, what would it take to bring the show to Mexico? Thanks and take care!

Yes! We are looking at Mexico City as a possible location for 2007!!

T.T.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Kurado
Tommy's here..? Holy shit.

I saw you at a game conference at the Metreon last year I believe. I honestly don't remember what it was about (were you guys discussing E3?), but was more in awe that I was so close to the game industry. It's my dream yadda yadda to be in the yadda yadda industry yadda yadda and all that, so I stayed for the whole thing even though I had a class later.

Anyway, good to see you here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks Kurado!! Make sure to stick around next time and say hi!

We'll be making our San Fran VGL announcement VERY soon! Hope to meet ya there!

T.T.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by horseman85
Hey Tommy

I was just wondering if the show for Montreal would be this year or sometime next year. Thanks.

We REALLY tried to get it to happen in 2006 with the Arcadia Festival going on soon. Unfortunately there were no venues available during the time we needed so we've had to put it off until 2007. Sorry 'bout that. I promise you will be going there though!!

T.T.

And finally....

Wanted everyone here to be aware that we just announced our Edmonton & Phoenix shows (2 days each city).

Here is the latest list of dates I just updated: http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

Here's the press release for the Edmonton show...

Groundbreaking Video Games LiveTM concert makes its Alberta debut with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra at the Jubilee Auditorium hosted by co-creator Tommy Tallarico, conducted by co-creator Jack Wall January 22nd and 23rd, 2007

Edmonton, AB - October 10, 2006: Off the heels of sold-out shows around the world, prominent video game composers Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall are bringing their revolutionary concert celebrating video games to the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. The new Video Games Live TM concert brings the intensity and excitement of the gaming world’s most powerful compositions, as a live orchestra and choir recreate the best video game music on a spectacular stage. Video Games Live TM is the first ever concert to celebrate music from the biggest video games of all time. Having sold to a massive 11,000 crowd on its debut performance at the Hollywood Bowl last year – making it the largest video game concert in the world – Video Games Live TM now comes to Edmonton on January 22nd and 23rd at the Jubilee Auditorium.

The evening combines exclusive video footage and music arrangements, synchronized lighting, solo performers, electronic percussionists and groundbreaking interactive segments to create an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience.

Special segments involving the audience will take place during the show, including a live interactive Space Invaders game, and a Frogger competition. New music and exclusive video has been added to the already spectacular line-up of games including MARIO™, ZELDA®, HALO®, METAL GEAR SOLID®, WARCRAFT®, MYST®, FINAL FANTASY®, and KINGDOM HEARTS. The evening also includes the exclusive HALO 3 announcement trailer score. There will also be a "Classic Arcade Medley" featuring music from Pong, Donkey Kong, Dragon’s Lair, Tetris, Frogger, Gauntlet, Space Invaders and Outrun. The performance will be conducted by Video Games Live TM co-creator Jack Wall and also includes Edmonton’s Kokopelli and Òran Chamber Choir.

Special events surround the show include a pre-show festival where all guest will enjoy an interactive costume contest, game competitions, game demos, and the very popular meet-and-greet with top game composers and designers.

Edmonton plays an important role in the gaming world. Bioware, an electronic entertainment company specializing in creating computer and console video games, is based in Edmonton and has created some of the most sought after video games in the industry.

These ESO special concerts will take place at 8pm on January 22nd and 23rd at the Jubilee Auditorium. Tickets go on sale at 10am on Wednesday, Oct 11th. Ticket prices range from $50-$60 with children’s discounts available. Ticketmaster fees will apply. Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, online at http://www.ticketmaster.ca/artist/1075830 and by phone at (780) 451-8000. Please note that tickets are NOT available through the Winspear Centre box office for this performance. ESO sampler passes cannot be redeemed for this special presentation. Buy early and be entered to win the latest in new video game releases through weekly draws. The draws will take place on Wednesday of each week up until and including November 29th. Winners will be contacted and posted on the ESO website.

About Video Games Live TM (www.videogameslive.com)
Created by two industry leading video game composers, Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, Video Games Live TM (produced under their company Mystical Stone Entertainment, LLC) is the front runner in the field of live game music performance. Video Games Live TM is an immersive concert event featuring music from the biggest video games of all time. The debut performance launched on July 6th, 2005 at the world famous Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles with the LA Philharmonic with over 11,000 people in attendance making it the largest video game concert in the world.

About the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra:
As the professional orchestra of Alberta’s creative capital city, the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra presents over eighty concerts a year of symphonic music in all genres, from classical to country. The ESO is comprised of 56 full-time professional musicians who play an active role in the musical life of Edmonton and elsewhere as performers, teachers and recording artists. The ESO also performs as the orchestra for Edmonton Opera and Alberta Ballet productions, and its concerts and recordings are regularly heard across the country on CBC Radio Two.

The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra was initially formed as Edmonton’s community orchestra and gave its first concert on November 14, 1920. It was incorporated as a registered not-for-profit organization in 1952, and made the transition to a fully professional orchestra during the early 1970s. It is deficit-free, and its players are the highest paid orchestral musicians west of Toronto. Music Director William Eddins was appointed in January 2005 and made his debut as Music Director in June of that year. In September 1997 the ESO and the Edmonton Concert Hall Foundation successfully completed a two-decade, $45 million capital campaign and moved from the Northern Jubilee Auditorium into its new concert hall, the acoustically superb, 1716 seat Francis Winspear Centre for Music. The ESO is committed to serving its entire community, through eclectic programming choices and innovative education and outreach activities. For more information on the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, please visit www.edmontonsymphony.com

Kokopelli's members range in age from 14 to 23 and come from across Western Canada. All are currently studying or working in Edmonton, and all are united in their passion for singing. The Òran Chamber Choir is a group of Kokopelli alumni who have banded together to keep singing past their Kokopelli experience. Both choirs combine high quality musical delivery and artistic staging - singing music ranging from canonical classical repertoire to experimental and avant garde contemporary works. Choristers often double as instrumentalists, providing percussion and auxiliary instruments for various pieces. The organization has also commissioned works from several emerging and established composers. Kokopelli has been featured at many national music festivals in Canada, and has participated in numerous international events. The Òran Chamber Choir, which takes its name form the Gaelic word for “singing,” was realized in September 2002.

Composer/Producer/Conductor Jack Wall has built a track record and an international reputation as an A-List composer and music producer in the interactive entertainment sector. He brings an unmatched depth of experience, credibility and knowledge in the engineering and production of records, film soundtracks and live recordings working with mainstream artists and major label artists such as John Cale, David Byrne and Patti Smith. His work spans full-length albums, live concert recordings, videogame soundtracks, film soundtracks and other projects that demand an exacting ear and vast library of musical and technical knowledge and know-how. Jack Wall’s composing credits include JADE EMPIRE, MYST IV: REVELATION, MYST III: EXILE, SPLINTER CELL: PANDORA TOMORROW (cinematic music), DUNGEON SIEGE II (promotional trailers), RISE OF THE KASAI, and WRATH UNLEASHED among others. Mr. Wall is Vice-President and co-founder of The Game Audio Network Guild (G.A.N.G.) www.audiogang.org, a non-profit organization established to promote excellence in interactive audio. For more information on Jack Wall please visit www.jackwall.net.

Tommy Tallarico is a veritable video game industry icon. As one of the most successful video game composers in history, he has helped revolutionize the gaming world, creating unique audio landscapes that enhance the video gaming experience. As a well-recognized on-air television personality, Tommy brings his in-depth knowledge, years of experience, and love of multimedia and video games to the masses. He has won over 25 industry awards for best video game audio and has worked on more than 250 game titles. His top titles include Disney’s Aladdin, Earthworm Jim, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Spider-Man, Metroid Prime and Advent Rising as well as top selling popular game franchises such as Madden Football, Blitz Football, Unreal, Pac-Man, Knockout Kings, Mortal Kombat, Twisted Metal & Time Crisis. Tallarico was the first musician to release a video game soundtrack worldwide (Tommy Tallarico’s Greatest Hits Vol. 1 – Capitol Records). He has released six video game soundtrack albums since, including the highly acclaimed James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies and Advent Rising. His score for Advent Rising has been noted as "one of the greatest musical scores of all time" by websites such as Yahoo, Gamespot and others. Currently, Tommy hosts, writes and co-produces the top rated and very popular Judgment Day/Reviews on the Run television show as well as the longest running award-winning video game television show, The Electric Playground (www.elecplay.com), which has been on the air since 1997.

To view the video games live trailer, please click on the following link and click view trailer:
(http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home)

Promotional DVD’s are available upon request. Please contact the ESO Publicist for more information.

For further information contact:

Media contact:
Melayne Shankel, ESO Publicist
PH: (780)401-2532
Melayne.Shankel@winspearcentre.com

Ticketmaster Box Office:
PH: (780)451-8000
www.ticketmaster.ca
Jubilee Box Office: 11455-87th Ave, Edmonton

Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Oct 13, 2006 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:11 AM #111 of 524
Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico
As far as not having Metroid in the show currently... this is our challenge...

Because of the style of the original music, it is difficult to translate to a live orchestral performance to do it proper justice. I myself worked on Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime Echoes (sound design) and have a very close understanding of the music and am personally a big fan. It was an honor for me to work with such talented people as Miyamoto-san. It's a tough challenge and one that I am not yet willing to give up on... but currently we do not have it as part of our playlist. This is an event which will go on indefinitely all around the world. Our goal is to come back each and every year with new material and a different playlist. For example... we've played the Hollywood Bowl twice now and each time we had different playlists and added things. Last week we added things like the Halo 3 trailer music (with Steve Vai on guitar), more Final Fantasy stuff, Civilization IV, LucasArts music, etc.

Our goal will be to eventually bring the Metroid music to our show in a way that properly justifies its greatness.
Thanks for the reply, but I am confused by what you mean by the style of Metroid music not translating well to an orchestral performance.

Could you specify what exactly it is about Metroid music that hinders an orchestral performance? I am a mere layman but I simply do not understand the reasoning behind this statement. As has been stated, Metroid music has been performed by an orchestra with great success and I am sure VGL could do it justice.

The reason I persist in this is because while I enjoyed the Indianapolis VGL show, I felt the lack of Metroid was very noticeable. Where as any fanboy could say he was disappointed at the lack of X series, Metroid is Metroid, one of the flagship series of Nintendo. To lack Metroid is almost unthinkable, especially when both Zelda and Mario music is present.

Quote:
I agree! I'm sure you read my response above. Does anyone have an .mp3 of Metroid done with the orchestra? Wonder if they'll do an arrangement for the new SSB?

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ptnguyen/04%20-%20Super%20Metroid%20-%20Theme~Space%20Warrior%20Samus%20Aran's%20Theme~ .mp3

This is from the Orchestral Game Concert 4 CD , which was released in 1994.

FELIPE NO
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:53 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 09:53 AM #112 of 524
Thanks for the reply, but I am confused by what you mean by the style of Metroid music not translating well to an orchestral performance.

Could you specify what exactly it is about Metroid music that hinders an orchestral performance? I am a mere layman but I simply do not understand the reasoning behind this statement. As has been stated, Metroid music has been performed by an orchestra with great success and I am sure VGL could do it justice.

The reason I persist in this is because while I enjoyed the Indianapolis VGL show, I felt the lack of Metroid was very noticeable. Where as any fanboy could say he was disappointed at the lack of X series, Metroid is Metroid, one of the flagship series of Nintendo. To lack Metroid is almost unthinkable, especially when both Zelda and Mario music is present.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ptnguyen/04%20-%20Super%20Metroid%20-%20Theme~Space%20Warrior%20Samus%20Aran's%20Theme~ .mp3

This is from the Orchestral Game Concert 4 CD , which was released in 1994.

Wow!! Thanks!! I have all 5 OGC CD's and I must have somehow overlooked this. This helps out a lot! Thanks!

What I meant by difficult and challeging to translate is that the Main Theme for Metroid is somewhat ambient and electronic sounding. They have taken a great approach in this segment. Thanks so much for turning us on to this.

Tommy

Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
ashaman
Life Animator

Member 964

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2006, 11:43 PM #113 of 524
Tommy,
Thanks for taking time to answer questions here. I was curious if the future San Fran show will have the same program as the San Jose one (from the game developer's conference). I was heartbroken when the last San Fran show was canceled, but was super stoked to be able to attend the GDC one. Now that San Fran has returned to the group I desperately want to attend again but it is hard convincing the wife to go to a concert she has already been to. Is there anything new/different I can entice her with?

Also, will a date be announced soon?

Thanks!

P.S. Any chance you have the vocal version of Destinationz Unknown available yet? I still listen to the Vol 1 edition pretty much on a regular basis. Also, you should add the Bonus Room songs from Aladdin and Cool Spot the the VGL repertoire, and maybe the Treasures of the Deep guitar theme too...

Last edited by ashaman; Oct 14, 2006 at 01:53 AM.
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Oct 14, 2006, 01:30 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2006, 11:30 AM #114 of 524
Originally Posted by ashaman
Tommy,
Thanks for taking time to answer questions here. I was curious if the future San Fran show will have the same program as the San Jose one (from the game developer's conference). I was heartbroken when the last San Fran show was canceled, but was super stoked to be able to attend the GDC one. Now that San Fran has returned to the group I desperately want to attend again but it is hard convincing the wife to go to a concert she has already been to. Is there anything new/different I can entice her with?

Also, will a date be announced soon?

Thanks!

P.S. Any chance you have the vocal version of Destinationz Unknown available yet? I still listen to the Vol 1 edition pretty much on a regular basis. Also, you should add the Bonus Room songs from Aladdin and Cool Spot the the VGL repertoire, and maybe the Treasures of the Deep guitar theme too...

Yo! Thanks for the kind words!!

Great question!! Yes!! Each time we return to a previous area we change and update our show. The show you would see in San Fran in 2007 will be about 40% - 50% different from the one you saw in San Jose this year.

Things from San Jose that you haven't seen yet but will probably see in San Fran...

Original LucasArts composers doing thier live LucasArts Medley (Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, Outlaws)

Halo 3

Civilization IV

Final Fantasy VII: One-Winged Angel

Final Fantasy VIII: Liberi Fatali

More (and different) Martin Leung on solo piano (including Earthworm Jim! Grooo-vy!)

Interactive audience participation with Guitar Hero and the original performers of the music.

Tomb Raider

Headhunter

Tom Clancy Medley (Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6 & Ghost Recon)

Interactive Voice-Over actors on stage

Interactive Space Invaders

And other surprises as well.

The announcement about San Francisco will be made at the end of November. I bet if you really thought about it and where/when you were this year when you saw it... you'd probably be able to figure it out.

Tommy

p.s. Thanks for the Greatest Hits Vol. 1 props!! I'd love to play some of that stuff live. But with so much great VGM out there I'd feel guilty playing more than one of my own pieces. I really enjoy playing Advent Rising and I think it translates the best to a symphonic & choral performance.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Oct 14, 2006 at 01:33 PM.
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 01:53 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 11:53 AM #115 of 524
Yo!,

Not sure if we have any people from Brazil here, but we just put this up on our website earlier today... Added a show in Rio! Really cool to see the support of the government and big sponsors. I think it really helps legitimize the whole art of VGM. We also announced 2 Edmonton shows. I'm making sure all the BioWare folks are gonna be there!

T.T.

================================================== ======

Overwhelming Response to São Paulo Show Generates Added Performance in Rio de Janeiro

Renowned Brazilian Oil Company Petrobras to Join Forces With Brazilian Government, Intel and UOL
to Present World Class Event

New Video Games Live Portuguese Website Launches In Support of Upcoming Performance

Los Angeles, CA - Due to an overwhelming outpour of interest and support, Video Games Live has announced yet another location and date for the 2006-2007 world tour currently in progress. On Sunday, November 12th at the prestigious Claro Hall in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil the highly regarded Petrobrás Sinfônica will perform in front of thousands of eager Brazilians whose tireless support and goodwill has sparked the addition of yet another groundbreaking South American performance.

The show is being promoted by Visom Digital who has joined forces with UOL, the biggest internet online provider in all of Latin America. Presenting the show will be industry leading oil company Petrobras whose goal it is to usher in a whole new generation of people to appreciate the artistic and cultural merits of a live symphonic performance in a setting that speaks volumes to people who may not normally come out to experience a live orchestra. Intel, the world's largest semiconductor company will also be on board once again to support the highly acclaimed South American landmark event. Also adding to the already powerful line-up is the government operated Ministry of Culture whose dedication to the Video Games Live project speaks volumes about VGL's importance now and moving ahead into the future.

"It is such an honor to be invited to perform by the government of Brazil and many of its leading corporations," said VGL Co-Creator and Host Tommy Tallarico. "This is only the beginning of something special which we intend on building and bringing back to Brazil each and every season." Co-Creator and Conductor Jack Wall added, "I've already started working with the orchestras and I'm really amazed at how proud they are and how hard they are willing to work to ensure our show is the best it can be."

Aside from all of the usual synchronized state-of-the-art lighting, special fx, interactive segments on stage, prize give-a-ways, pre/post show festival activities and fully synchronized video, there will also be a special interactive laser show production to accompany some of the show segments.

In order to provide the most current information to the Brazilian audience a new Portuguese website has been launched at: http://www.videogameslive.com.br/

Tickets for the November 12th performance are currently on sale at all Brazilian Ticketmaster locations or online at: http://www.ticketmaster.com.br/shwRe...releaseID=1259
(All student and senior discounts apply)

About Video Games Live™ (www.videogameslive.com)
Created by two industry leading video game composers Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, Video Games Live™ (produced under their company Mystical Stone Entertainment, LLC) is the front runner in the field of live game music performance. Video Games Live™ is an immersive concert event celebration featuring music from the biggest video games of all time. The debut performance launched on July 6th, 2005 at the world famous Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles with the LA Philharmonic with over 11,000 people in attendance making it the largest video game concert in the world.

================================================== ======

Groundbreaking Video Games LiveTM concert makes its Alberta debut
with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra at the Jubilee Auditorium
hosted by co-creator Tommy Tallarico, conducted by co-creator Jack Wall
January 22nd and 23rd, 2007

Edmonton, AB - October 10, 2006: Off the heels of sold-out shows around the world, prominent video game composers Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall are bringing their revolutionary concert celebrating video games to the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. The new Video Games Live TM concert brings the intensity and excitement of the gaming world’s most powerful compositions, as a live orchestra and choir recreate the best video game music on a spectacular stage. Video Games Live TM is the first ever concert to celebrate music from the biggest video games of all time. Having sold to a massive 11,000 crowd on its debut performance at the Hollywood Bowl last year – making it the largest video game concert in the world – Video Games Live TM now comes to Edmonton on January 22nd and 23rd at the Jubilee Auditorium.

The evening combines exclusive video footage and music arrangements, synchronized lighting, solo performers, electronic percussionists and groundbreaking interactive segments to create an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience.

Special segments involving the audience will take place during the show, including a live interactive Space Invaders game, and a Frogger competition. New music and exclusive video has been added to the already spectacular line-up of games including MARIO™, ZELDA®, HALO®, METAL GEAR SOLID®, WARCRAFT®, MYST®, FINAL FANTASY®, and KINGDOM HEARTS. The evening also includes the exclusive HALO 3 announcement trailer score. There will also be a "Classic Arcade Medley" featuring music from Pong, Donkey Kong, Dragon’s Lair, Tetris, Frogger, Gauntlet, Space Invaders and Outrun. The performance will be conducted by Video Games Live TM co-creator Jack Wall and also includes Edmonton’s Kokopelli and Òran Chamber Choir.

Special events surround the show include a pre-show festival where all guest will enjoy an interactive costume contest, game competitions, game demos, and the very popular meet-and-greet with top game composers and designers.

Edmonton plays an important role in the gaming world. Bioware, an electronic entertainment company specializing in creating computer and console video games, is based in Edmonton and has created some of the most sought after video games in the industry.

These ESO special concerts will take place at 8pm on January 22nd and 23rd at the Jubilee Auditorium. Tickets go on sale at 10am on Wednesday, Oct 11th. Ticket prices range from $50-$60 with children’s discounts available. Ticketmaster fees will apply. Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, online at http://www.ticketmaster.ca/artist/1075830 and by phone at (780) 451-8000. Please note that tickets are NOT available through the Winspear Centre box office for this performance. ESO sampler passes cannot be redeemed for this special presentation. Buy early and be entered to win the latest in new video game releases through weekly draws. The draws will take place on Wednesday of each week up until and including November 29th. Winners will be contacted and posted on the ESO website.

About Video Games Live TM (www.videogameslive.com)
Created by two industry leading video game composers, Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, Video Games Live TM (produced under their company Mystical Stone Entertainment, LLC) is the front runner in the field of live game music performance. Video Games Live TM is an immersive concert event featuring music from the biggest video games of all time. The debut performance launched on July 6th, 2005 at the world famous Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles with the LA Philharmonic with over 11,000 people in attendance making it the largest video game concert in the world.

About the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra:
As the professional orchestra of Alberta’s creative capital city, the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra presents over eighty concerts a year of symphonic music in all genres, from classical to country. The ESO is comprised of 56 full-time professional musicians who play an active role in the musical life of Edmonton and elsewhere as performers, teachers and recording artists. The ESO also performs as the orchestra for Edmonton Opera and Alberta Ballet productions, and its concerts and recordings are regularly heard across the country on CBC Radio Two.

The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra was initially formed as Edmonton’s community orchestra and gave its first concert on November 14, 1920. It was incorporated as a registered not-for-profit organization in 1952, and made the transition to a fully professional orchestra during the early 1970s. It is deficit-free, and its players are the highest paid orchestral musicians west of Toronto. Music Director William Eddins was appointed in January 2005 and made his debut as Music Director in June of that year. In September 1997 the ESO and the Edmonton Concert Hall Foundation successfully completed a two-decade, $45 million capital campaign and moved from the Northern Jubilee Auditorium into its new concert hall, the acoustically superb, 1716 seat Francis Winspear Centre for Music. The ESO is committed to serving its entire community, through eclectic programming choices and innovative education and outreach activities. For more information on the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, please visit www.edmontonsymphony.com
Kokopelli's members range in age from 14 to 23 and come from across Western Canada. All are currently studying or working in Edmonton, and all are united in their passion for singing. The Òran Chamber Choir is a group of Kokopelli alumni who have banded together to keep singing past their Kokopelli experience. Both choirs combine high quality musical delivery and artistic staging - singing music ranging from canonical classical repertoire to experimental and avant garde contemporary works. Choristers often double as instrumentalists, providing percussion and auxiliary instruments for various pieces. The organization has also commissioned works from several emerging and established composers. Kokopelli has been featured at many national music festivals in Canada, and has participated in numerous international events. The Òran Chamber Choir, which takes its name form the Gaelic word for “singing,” was realized in September 2002.

Composer/Producer/Conductor Jack Wall has built a track record and an international reputation as an A-List composer and music producer in the interactive entertainment sector. He brings an unmatched depth of experience, credibility and knowledge in the engineering and production of records, film soundtracks and live recordings working with mainstream artists and major label artists such as John Cale, David Byrne and Patti Smith. His work spans full-length albums, live concert recordings, videogame soundtracks, film soundtracks and other projects that demand an exacting ear and vast library of musical and technical knowledge and know-how. Jack Wall’s composing credits include JADE EMPIRE, MYST IV: REVELATION, MYST III: EXILE, SPLINTER CELL: PANDORA TOMORROW (cinematic music), DUNGEON SIEGE II (promotional trailers), RISE OF THE KASAI, and WRATH UNLEASHED among others. Mr. Wall is Vice-President and co-founder of The Game Audio Network Guild (G.A.N.G.) www.audiogang.org, a non-profit organization established to promote excellence in interactive audio. For more information on Jack Wall please visit www.jackwall.net.

Tommy Tallarico is a veritable video game industry icon. As one of the most successful video game composers in history, he has helped revolutionize the gaming world, creating unique audio landscapes that enhance the video gaming experience. As a well-recognized on-air television personality, Tommy brings his in-depth knowledge, years of experience, and love of multimedia and video games to the masses. He has won over 25 industry awards for best video game audio and has worked on more than 250 game titles. His top titles include Disney’s Aladdin, Earthworm Jim, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Spider-Man, Metroid Prime and Advent Rising as well as top selling popular game franchises such as Madden Football, Blitz Football, Unreal, Pac-Man, Knockout Kings, Mortal Kombat, Twisted Metal & Time Crisis. Tallarico was the first musician to release a video game soundtrack worldwide (Tommy Tallarico’s Greatest Hits Vol. 1 – Capitol Records). He has released six video game soundtrack albums since, including the highly acclaimed James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies and Advent Rising. His score for Advent Rising has been noted as "one of the greatest musical scores of all time" by websites such as Yahoo, Gamespot and others. Currently, Tommy hosts, writes and co-produces the top rated and very popular Judgment Day/Reviews on the Run television show as well as the longest running award-winning video game television show, The Electric Playground (www.elecplay.com), which has been on the air since 1997.

To view the video games live trailer, please click on the following link and click view trailer:
(http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home)

Promotional DVD’s are available upon request. Please contact the ESO Publicist for more information.

For further information contact:

Media contact:
Melayne Shankel, ESO Publicist
PH: (780)401-2532
Melayne.Shankel@winspearcentre.com

Ticketmaster Box Office:
PH: (780)451-8000
www.ticketmaster.ca
Jubilee Box Office: 11455-87th Ave, Edmonton

Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Oct 16, 2006 at 02:05 PM.
katchum
VGM forever!

Member 180

Level 35.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:56 AM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 06:56 PM #116 of 524
I wonder if there are VGM concerts in Europe (Belgium). Especially Hamauzu music.

Oh, do you know if something exists for Anime music too?

Last edited by katchum; Oct 18, 2006 at 12:06 PM.
civiscool
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 14160

Level 1.10

Oct 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:54 PM Local time: Oct 18, 2006, 07:54 PM #117 of 524
I bought tickets to see Video Games live about a year ago for Kansas City. But it was canceled due to poor ticket sales. Heart broken doesn't have begin to describe it.

How ya doing, buddy?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:50 PM #118 of 524
That man (Tommy) sure puts his hard work and love into his posts. They are all well thought out and lengthy.

Any word on CDs for purchase?

Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 02:41 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 12:41 AM #119 of 524
Originally Posted by katchum
I wonder if there are VGM concerts in Europe (Belgium). Especially Hamauzu music.

Oh, do you know if something exists for Anime music too?

Yo!

We're doing London on November 25th. It will be the first ever orchestral performance of video game music in the UK!!

We're talking about potentially planning a full European tour in the Spring of 2007.

The game concert Eminence does Anime music! Their website is www.eminenceonline.com and some of the organizers post here. They are based in Australia.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by civiscool
I bought tickets to see Video Games live about a year ago for Kansas City. But it was canceled due to poor ticket sales. Heart broken doesn't have begin to describe it.
Yeah! Me too!! Just think how we felt!

It actually wasn't us who cancelled though.. it was the promoter Clear Channel. The real story is that after our big success at the Hollywood Bowl everyone thought that if we put the tour on sale in a bunch of different locations that it would be a big success just like at the Bowl. But the reality is that we spent a LOT of time, energy & money marketing months in advance in the LA area. So when they quickly put 25 cities up within 6 weeks of the actual show... they didn't sell so hot so they decided to pull the plug on most of the dates. It wasn't as if the interest wasn't there... it's just that there wasn't enough time for the promoter to properly market and raise awareness for the shows.

Since that happened (end of 2005) we split away from Clear Channel and have been doing all of the shows on our own... one city at a time. Our agents at William-Morris are incredible and we're really fortunate to have them on our side! They are the ones who really help to make things like the Hollywood Bowl, Brazil, London, etc. happen.

The important lesson learned is that raising awareness is VERY important and it's better to walk before you run when doing something so unique that no one has ever really done before.

Hopefully we'll be making it back to KC soon!! When we do please contact me here and I'll make sure to get you hooked up with a backstage pass for the disappointment that the Clear Channel thing caused you (and us!).

It broke our hearts more than anyone! Imagine working on something for so long and hard... having it go great at the launch... and then letting down thousands of fans and ticket holders. It honestly made us cry! But within a day or so me & Jack picked ourselves up... brushed ourselves off... and decided we weren't gonna let this get us down or get in our way at all!! We went full steam ahead and started immediately planning shows for 2006!! People thought we were crazy but we never let the dream die... and never will!!!!

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Hydelloon
That man (Tommy) sure puts his hard work and love into his posts. They are all well thought out and lengthy.

Any word on CDs for purchase?

Thanks!! I love interacting with fellow game music lovers!!

We'll be releasing a DVD & CD at the beginning of 2007. It's going to be really different and were doing a lot of cool things that a lot of people aren't going to expect.

Please feel free to sign up on our mailing list on the front page of www.videogameslive.com to get all the info first.

Thanks for the interest!!

Tommy

How ya doing, buddy?
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Oct 19, 2006 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
civiscool

Member 14160

Level 1.10

Oct 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:15 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 05:15 AM #120 of 524
Thank you Tommy I really do appreciate the gesture. I understand how the world of booking and promoting works. And know how fast the rug can get pulled out from under you. I hope I get the chance to see VGL if travels my way.

xMxEdGaRx
Carob Nut

Member 13752

Level 6.55

Oct 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:50 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 08:50 AM #121 of 524
Here in Brazil, VGL will be performing on November 19. I've got the tickets already.

I just can't wait for that performance! I hope this will be as GREAT as I expect it will be!

Sou brasileiro com muito orgulho!
katchum
VGM forever!

Member 180

Level 35.46

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:50 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 01:50 PM #122 of 524
Great! Right at the moment of my graduation a spring tour in Europe. Looking forward to it, really... Thanks for the site.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 11:24 AM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 09:24 AM #123 of 524
Originally Posted by civiscool
Thank you Tommy I really do appreciate the gesture. I understand how the world of booking and promoting works. And know how fast the rug can get pulled out from under you. I hope I get the chance to see VGL if travels my way.

Cool!! Thanks for the support!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Tommy

Double Post:
Originally Posted by xMxEdGaRx
Here in Brazil, VGL will be performing on November 19. I've got the tickets already.

I just can't wait for that performance! I hope this will be as GREAT as I expect it will be!

AWESOME!! Glad to know that there are people from Brazil in these forums as well. This is a great community!!!!!!

Because of the big interest and support, we just added another show on the 12th in Rio too!!

Make sure to stop by and say hi during the meet & greet after the show in Sao Paulo. Remember to mention that you're from Gaming Force!

We just put up a Portuguese Video Games Live site as well... www.videogameslive.com.br

Tommy

Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Oct 19, 2006 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
ctu
...and... loving it

Member 439

Level 19.07

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 05:14 PM #124 of 524
This sounds great, It saud it was TBA for Fl, but when there is a date I will have to find a way up there to see it.

Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:47 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 10:47 AM #125 of 524
Originally Posted by ctu
This sounds great, It saud it was TBA for Fl, but when there is a date I will have to find a way up there to see it.

We've upgraded the website over the weekend and you'll notice the Florida/Orlando date is getting closer to being revealed!

Just putting the final touches on the venue and date... I can say that it's looking like the first game concert in Florida may be in a VERY unique setting... different from anything else we've done yet!

Tommy

================================================== ==

Double Post:
Hey Everyone!,

Entertainment Depot just put up a very detailed review today of the Hollywood Bowl concert. I thought some people here may be interested.

http://www.entdepot.com/features/art...ticle_1795.php

also... Advanced Media Network did a big feature as well which includes a LOT of video: http://360.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=8626

And if anyone is interested in VGM composer interviews... IGN spoke to a lot of people including Jesper Kyd, LucasArts boys, Marty O'Donnell, BT & Inon Zur to name a few:

http://media.music.ign.com/articles/...d_1687624.html

thanks!

Tommy

How ya doing, buddy?
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Oct 25, 2006 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Video Games Live