Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Video Games Live

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:24 PM Local time: Jun 7, 2010, 09:24 AM #501 of 524
Thanks, Tommy! Really excited about Yamaoka-san being there!

How ya doing, buddy?
Naka
Carob Nut

Member 5266

Level 4.03

Apr 2006

Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:14 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2010, 12:14 AM #502 of 524
Just got back from the show tonight in LA (read riot zone) and I had a blast. This is my 3rd time seeing VGL. I really enjoyed the encore with everyone coming back on stage. I'm exhausted so I'll try to post some more impressions tomorrow.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2010, 06:55 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2010, 04:55 PM #503 of 524
I'm amazed how you people survived the hubbub on that day. (Downtown LA, June 17th, seemed like a death target spot)

I might try to make it to the San Diego one. Wish you guys would come back to the LA area for Hollywood Bowl again. Just as my honest opinion, it's great that VGL ties in together with joint venues such as Blizzcon, E3, ComicCon and any other large video game related events, but having a venue like Hollywood Bowl unrelated to those events is just as enjoyable as an awesome concert. <3

<3 Tommy. Thanks for continuing to put on awesome shows, keep up the great work.

FELIPE NO
ashaman
Life Animator

Member 964

Level 10.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:50 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2010, 08:50 PM #504 of 524
I love that VGL is expanding to even smaller markets now. I never thought I would see the day there would be a major symphonic VGM concert in Arkansas, which is one of the reasons I left the state and moved to San Francisco. Now I see it is playing in El, Dorado, AR. Awesome!

Speaking of which, it's been since 2008 since VGL came to the Bay Area. A SF show has been listed at TBA for a year, any news on when this may be announced?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:14 AM Local time: Oct 21, 2010, 09:14 AM #505 of 524
Yo!,

Haven't been on here in awhile and decided to check in. Please feel free to ask any questions about the show and I'll make sure to check it over the next few weeks.

We just got back from Brazil and the audiences were AMAZING as always. Brazil is one of our most favorite places to perform (5th year in-a-row) and they are some of the most passionate game music fans.

Our DVD/Blu-Ray & CD came out in the U.S. & Canada this week and the International versions will be coming out at the beginning of 2011.

Here's a really nice review from one of the biggest Blu-Ray sites on the internet:
Video Games Live: Level 2 Blu-ray

For anyone interested, I just completed a YouTube page (please subscribe):
YouTube - VidGamesLive's Channel

and our Facebook group:
Video Games Live | Facebook

Thanks!

Tommy

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tommy Tallarico

President, Tommy Tallarico Studios, Inc. (www.tallarico.com)
Founder/CEO, Video Games Live (www.videogameslive.com)
Founder/CEO, Game Audio Network Guild [G.A.N.G.] (www.audiogang.org)

Facebook Personal Page
Facebook Video Games Live Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
YouTube Channel Video Games Live
The GreyFox
Good Chocobo

Member 196

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2010, 07:21 PM #506 of 524
Hey Tommy,

Just got four tickets to the Ottawa concert! Me, my brother, and our girlfriends. Looking foward to it! Just to refresh your memory I was one of the people who suggested Ottawa a long while back on this forum. My brother is really looking foward to meeting you at the Ottawa concert because he loved you on Electronic Playground... he keeps saying "Where's Tommy? He was the most honest reviewer of them all" and I had to tell him this concert is taking up your time now hah.

Do you plan on having more special guests for this show? Would love for Frank Klepacki, Akira Yamaoka or Koji Kondo to be there but hey that's probably asking alot. Akira is one of the main inspirations for a music project I've been co-owner/composer of for the last eight years called "Broken Notes" (www.broken-notes.com) so it would be pretty cool to meet him. Frank because his C&C work is what really got me interested in videogame music more along with Koji Kondo's work for Mario and Zelda.

How ya doing, buddy?
taptamvong
Wark!

Member 36537

Level 2.50

Oct 2010

Old Oct 31, 2010, 02:23 AM #507 of 524
I really am surprised Tommy Tallarico joined this forum ! Coming close to the fans is a great thing, really appreciated !
I'm from France, and a friend of mine got me into seeing VGL last year in Paris; i was so amazed i decided i would go every year if possible. I'm coming this year again in December 17th, i'm so looking forward to it !!!

I read this thread rather quickly but i saw Akira Yamaoka was one of special guest for LA, i hope we'll have good surprises too in Paris ! I checked the VGL website but i couldn't find info on who's going to come in Paris, and what will the line up be. Do you have some infos to pass on, or will it remain a surprise ?

Also, if i can suggest something... Please, no more "One Wing Angel". I was happy to hear it last year, but the song was also on the two cd's you released. The song sure is great, but there are so many many other great (known or unknown) video game songs that deserve to be played !

So looking forward to meet you (i'd rather say "see" you, can't really reach you in that crowd) in Paris !!!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Revoc
River Chocobo

Member 9814

Level 23.49

Jul 2006

Old Nov 2, 2010, 01:47 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2010, 03:47 PM #508 of 524
Hey Tommy,

I would like to add more detailed information of Video Games Live: Level 2 entry on VGMdb. If you don’t mind, could you provide the full arranger credits of the album (including digital download bonus tracks Myst and Mass Effect)? I know that Richard Jacques is the arranger of Sonic and Nic Raine of Mario and Zelda, and others.

Also, what is the name of the choir that performed on the PBS show? This information is missing on Fred Meyer’s website, the source of information about the performers that I used.

Thanks in advance.

How ya doing, buddy?
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2010, 02:07 PM #509 of 524
Hey Tommy! Nice to see you frequent the establishment again. I've picked up a pair of tickets for when you come back to Montreal in April and I can't wait. It'll be a blast again, and I hope to get another t-shirt all autographed up.

It's also good to see you've moved into a larger hall that can hold more people. The Place des Arts is a great venue for the show, guaranteed you'll have a full house.

See you in April!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:14 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2010, 01:14 PM #510 of 524
Hey Tommy,

Just got four tickets to the Ottawa concert! Me, my brother, and our girlfriends. Looking foward to it! Just to refresh your memory I was one of the people who suggested Ottawa a long while back on this forum. My brother is really looking foward to meeting you at the Ottawa concert because he loved you on Electronic Playground... he keeps saying "Where's Tommy? He was the most honest reviewer of them all" and I had to tell him this concert is taking up your time now hah.

Do you plan on having more special guests for this show? Would love for Frank Klepacki, Akira Yamaoka or Koji Kondo to be there but hey that's probably asking alot. Akira is one of the main inspirations for a music project I've been co-owner/composer of for the last eight years called "Broken Notes" (Broken Notes Music Productions) so it would be pretty cool to meet him. Frank because his C&C work is what really got me interested in videogame music more along with Koji Kondo's work for Mario and Zelda.
Yo! Thanks for the kind words. Not sure who we'll have as special guests at that particular show. Make sure to sign up to the VGL mailing list so that you'll get the info first.

Frank is a good friend of mine. He may be performing with us in Russia next month! He's played with us a few times in the past. Check YouTube for some of his performances with us.

See ya in Ottawa!! (Finally!!!!!)

Tommy

================================

Additional Spam:
I really am surprised Tommy Tallarico joined this forum ! Coming close to the fans is a great thing, really appreciated !
I'm from France, and a friend of mine got me into seeing VGL last year in Paris; i was so amazed i decided i would go every year if possible. I'm coming this year again in December 17th, i'm so looking forward to it !!!

I read this thread rather quickly but i saw Akira Yamaoka was one of special guest for LA, i hope we'll have good surprises too in Paris ! I checked the VGL website but i couldn't find info on who's going to come in Paris, and what will the line up be. Do you have some infos to pass on, or will it remain a surprise ?

Also, if i can suggest something... Please, no more "One Wing Angel". I was happy to hear it last year, but the song was also on the two cd's you released. The song sure is great, but there are so many many other great (known or unknown) video game songs that deserve to be played !

So looking forward to meet you (i'd rather say "see" you, can't really reach you in that crowd) in Paris !!!

Yo!,

Glad you enjoyed the show last year in Paris. We have a really new line-up planned this year with lots of cool surprises.

One Winged Angel was actually only released on our current CD and although I know a lot of the hardcore fans may be sick of it... it's still one of the most requested songs we do.

See ya next month!

Tommy

=========================================

Additional Spam:
Hey Tommy,

I would like to add more detailed information of Video Games Live: Level 2 entry on VGMdb. If you don’t mind, could you provide the full arranger credits of the album (including digital download bonus tracks Myst and Mass Effect)? I know that Richard Jacques is the arranger of Sonic and Nic Raine of Mario and Zelda, and others.

Also, what is the name of the choir that performed on the PBS show? This information is missing on Fred Meyer’s website, the source of information about the performers that I used.

Thanks in advance.
Yo!,

There are many different arrangers for each song and sometimes the composers would prefer us not to give out that info. All the other credits appear on the liner notes of the CD.

Thanks! VGMdb is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy

==========================================

Additional Spam:
Hey Tommy! Nice to see you frequent the establishment again. I've picked up a pair of tickets for when you come back to Montreal in April and I can't wait. It'll be a blast again, and I hope to get another t-shirt all autographed up.

It's also good to see you've moved into a larger hall that can hold more people. The Place des Arts is a great venue for the show, guaranteed you'll have a full house.

See you in April!
Cool. Thanks! See you in April!!!!!!!

Lots of new material planned!

Tommy

==========================================

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; Nov 15, 2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Jackano
#1 French Zelda fan

Member 17429

Level 12.58

Dec 2006

Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:27 AM Local time: Dec 18, 2010, 05:27 PM #511 of 524
I was at VGL in Paris just a few hours ago, a very good show of course that has all my support because it is barely the only video game music concert in France (and this suck).

I was just a little dispointed because as a Nintendo and Zelda fan, there wasn't much Nintendo stuff, but I discovered Laura Intravia and she is awesome. I loved his performance with his Zelda medley.
I will probably go again next year

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:20 PM #512 of 524
Whoo. Mad hype. Will be at the show in Newark this Wednesday. Second time going, so excited is me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:19 AM Local time: Dec 29, 2010, 07:19 AM #513 of 524
Whoo. Mad hype. Will be at the show in Newark this Wednesday. Second time going, so excited is me.
Thanks! Hope you enjoy the show.

Not sure if you heard or not, but the original Castlevania and Mega Man X2 composer (Kinuyo Yamashita) will be performing with us and meeting folks at the meet & greet. We also have a special performance from BrentalFloss (check out his hilarious YouTube videos).

All the info is here: Video Games live | http://www.videogameslive.com

See ya tonight!

Tommy

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:05 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2010, 10:05 AM #514 of 524
the original Castlevania and Mega Man X2 composer (Kinuyo Yamashita)
Mega Man X3 you mean. ;} Yeah, I heard she lives in New Jersey now. Pretty random. Wish I could be there to check it out! Currently I'm going to college to try and learn a familiar skill. =}

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:55 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2010, 11:55 AM #515 of 524
Mega Man X3 you mean. ;} Yeah, I heard she lives in New Jersey now. Pretty random. Wish I could be there to check it out! Currently I'm going to college to try and learn a familiar skill. =}
Whoops! Yeah... sorry... meant X3!

T.T.

Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:20 AM #516 of 524
Another great show, Tommy. Definitely enjoyed myself all over again.

I pretty much lost it when you guys performed the Street Fighter II segment. Proof Guile's Theme does go with everything. Also, the Chrono Trigger/Cross segment was amazing as well.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Dec 30, 2010, 08:22 AM Local time: Dec 30, 2010, 06:22 AM #517 of 524
Another great show, Tommy. Definitely enjoyed myself all over again.

I pretty much lost it when you guys performed the Street Fighter II segment. Proof Guile's Theme does go with everything. Also, the Chrono Trigger/Cross segment was amazing as well.
Thanks Chaotic! Glad you enjoyed the show!!! We had so much fun, we're doing it again tonight.

Tommy

How ya doing, buddy?
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:40 AM #518 of 524
My bro and I recently bought some tickets for the Huntington, WV show on February 3rd. It'll be the first concert I've been to in a long time, not to mention my first VGL concert.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:44 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2011, 10:44 PM #519 of 524
My bro and I recently bought some tickets for the Huntington, WV show on February 3rd. It'll be the first concert I've been to in a long time, not to mention my first VGL concert.
Cool! Looks like you're a Sonic fan. I'll make sure we play it for that show.

See ya in a few weeks!

Tommy

FELIPE NO
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:43 PM #520 of 524
Dude Tommy, that was a friggin awesome show. Thanks for doing the Sonic music too, that reeked of awesomeness.

I was the weirdo with the Sonic hat on and the sunglasses on said Sonic hat. XD

How ya doing, buddy?
Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old Feb 6, 2011, 03:49 PM Local time: Feb 6, 2011, 01:49 PM #521 of 524
Yo! Thanks for the comments! Glad you enjoyed the show!!

Tommy

Most amazing jew boots
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal
Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2011, 12:22 PM #522 of 524
Thanks for the awesome show last night! Enjoy the rest of your Canadian tour

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old May 1, 2011, 03:15 PM Local time: May 1, 2011, 02:15 PM #523 of 524
My younger brother saw the show in Saskatoon, and i know one of the members of the orchestra. apparently it was a really good show. I was on tour myself, so i missed it. :jealous:

Tommy Tallarico
Tommy Tallarico

Member 7546

Level 12.13

May 2006

Old May 26, 2011, 11:33 PM Local time: May 26, 2011, 09:33 PM #524 of 524
I thought the folks here would be interested in checking out our press release about our LA show. Lots of special guests from Japan that I'm sure have a lot of fans here. For those who live in the LA area... hope to see ya there.

VIDEO GAMES LIVE™ CELEBRATES ITS 200TH SHOW IN LOS ANGELES DURING E3!

MEGA SHOW TO INCLUDE ALL NEW MATERIAL, SPECIAL GUEST PERFORMERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD, AMAZING MEET & GREET, AND 1ST TIME WORLD PREMIERS!

LOS ANGELES, CA - May 27th, 2011 - Since 2005, Video Games Live has been touring to sold out audiences around the globe and accomplishing goals that no one thought possible; while helping to change how the world views and appreciates the art, culture and community of video games. Six years, two hundred shows and one million people later, Video Games Live continues to draw new and larger audiences, performing 50 – 60 shows a year on almost every continent and country in the world. And to celebrate its 200th performance, Video Games Live is pulling out all the stops and continuing on its upward path to provide the finest in live entertainment in honor of the video game industry and culture surrounding it.

Video Games Live has once again partnered with E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) and the ESA (Entertainment Software Association) to perform its 200th show on Wednesday, June 8th during E3 (and right across the street) at the 7,000 seat Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live with the Golden State Pops Orchestra and over 50 members of the Southern California Master Chorale. Video Games Live is open to the general public and tickets start for under $25. Tickets can be purchased online at: Tickets | Video Games Live - Los Angeles CA at Ticketmaster

“Our historic groundbreaking first show ever was at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles back in 2005 so it’s pretty cool that this milestone is taking place in the same city where it all started,” said Video Games Live creator, host and executive producer Tommy Tallarico. “Having so many talented game composers coming out to support us and to be a part of this special show not only means a lot to me, but to the fans as well. It’s going to be an incredible night to remember.”

The show in Los Angeles will include the following performances…

The live music World Premiere of the award winning song “Invincible” from Warcraft®: Cataclysm™ with Blizzard composer and audio director Russell Brower conducting.

The World Premiere of the music from Resident Evil® 5 conducted and orchestrated by Award Winning composer Wataru Hokoyama.

The Grammy Award Winning Civilization IV conducted live for the first time by composer Christopher Tin and featuring PBS Special vocalist Kendrew Heriveaux.

The World Premiere of the Award Winning music from Red Dead Redemption™ featuring composer Bill Elm on guitar.

Street Fighter® II featuring Video Games Live creator and world renowned game composer Tommy Tallarico on guitar.

New Guitar Hero™ competition featuring the Foo Fighters Grammy Award winning song “The Pretender”. Pre-show festival winner to appear and perform on stage with the symphony.

The music of Castlevania® featuring original Castlevania composer Kinuyo Yamashita on organ.

The music of Chrono Trigger™ and Chrono Cross™ with composer Yasunori Mitsuda in attendance, on stage and taking part in the post show meet & greet.

Heroes of Might & Magic® segment with composer Rob King including music from the yet-to-be-released Might & Magic® Heroes® VI.

The L.A. Premiere of Halo®: Reach by Award Winning franchise composers Marty O’Donnell and Mike Salvatori.

The “Video Game Pianist” Martin Leung performing brand new solo piano arrangements from Final Fantasy® and Mario™ including the World Premiere of a brand new internationally published Zelda™ segment.

The video game rock band “The Megas” performing their popular hits from Mega Man® 2 & 3.

Award winning and renowned film composer John Debney (The Passion of the Christ, Sin City, Iron Man 2, Spider-Man 2 & 3) conducting his music from Sony Computer Entertainments’ Lair video game.

Metal Gear Solid® 3: Snake Eater featuring vocalist Laura “Flute Link” Intravia.

Music from the yet to be released MMORTS End of Nations™ featuring industry veteran composer Frank Klepecki (Command & Conquer) on guitar.

The L.A. Premiere of the Tetris® Opera featuring award winning international vocal soloists.

Jonathan Coultons’ Award Winning “Still Alive” from Portal™.

…and many other surprises!

Post Show Meet & Greet (FREE to all ticket holders) includes…

Tommy Tallarico (Earthworm Jim, Metroid Prime, Advent Rising)
Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears)
Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill)
Hirokazu “Hip” Tanaka (Metroid, Duck Hunt, Tetris, Pokemon)
Russell Brower (World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III)
Kinuyo Yamashita (Castlevania, Mega Man X3, Power Blade)
Marty O'Donnell (Halo series)
Wataru Hokoyama (Resident Evil 5, Ace Combat X2, Afrika)
Christopher Tin (Civilization IV, 1st video game Grammy Award Winner)
Frank Klepecki (Command & Conquer series, End of Nations)
John Debney (The Passion of the Crist, Sin City, Lair)
Gerard Marino (God of War series)
Christopher Lennertz (Warhawk, Medal of Honor, The Simpsons)
Joe Trapanese (Tron Legacy – Film Arranger/Orchestrator)
Bill Elm (Red Dead Redemption)
Neal Acre (World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Stargate Atlantis)
Rob King (Heroes of Might & Magic series, Fable II)
Jon Van Canegham (game designer/creator/director Heroes of Might & Magic series)
Laura Karpman (Everquest II, Kung Fu Panda 2)
Sean Murray (Call of Duty: Black-Ops, Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Penka Kouneva (Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands)
Tim Wynn (Warhawk, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Red Faction)
Arthur Inasi (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Dance Central)
Mike Rubino (Pac-Man World Rally, Jaws Unleashed, Line Rider)
Martin Leung (The Video Game Pianist)
Laura Intravia (Flute Link)
Kendrew Heriveaux (PBS Special vocalist)

…and MORE SECRET SURPRISE GUESTS TO BE REVEALED AT THE PERFORMANCE!

For more information or TOUR DATES in your area please visit www.videogameslive.com.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tommy Tallarico

Facebook Personal Page
Twitter Personal
Twitter Video Games Live
YouTube Channel Personal

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; May 26, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Video Games Live