Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Fat Force: Because we love Jelly Doughnuts too much.

Temari
I'm changing the world. And you're gonna help.

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:15 PM #1 of 45
Originally Posted by Sass
Does anyone else feel as stupid as I do about gyms?
Perhaps someone has already answered this (probably GECH since he DOESNT SHUT UP... F U GECH >=[ ), but no, you're not the only one. I joined a gym probably about a month ago, and it can honestly be overwhelming. I always run when I go, but its really tough when I look at some of the equipment available and just go "How the hell does that thing work?". Even if I look at the diagram and get the gist of it, I'm still skeptical of whether or not I'm even doing it right. We all know that if you use a machine wrong, at best it probably wont do much for you, at worst you could seriously injure yourself.

Thankfully my gym allows guests on weekends, so my boyfriend has shown me how to use a number of machines... and I'm still working myself up to asking the people that work there to help me out (there's gotta be more than ONE core-working machine there).

I dont have an accurate scale on hand just yet (pretty sure the one my parents bought is older than I am... I never remember NOT having it in our bathroom), so I'm trying not to focus on weight too much right now, as opposed to just getting back in shape. As shorty said, its pretty pathetic how low my cardio and endurance has gotten. My high school self would be running circles around me now... and thats saying something, since I was the goalie in soccer, so I didnt really run then either.

Anyways, I'm gonna try listing the numbers of my workouts weekly here, to keep track of improvements and such. Last week was pretty pathetic, as the week after vacation is always hectic for me, so I only got to the gym once.

Week of June 12th to the 18th:

Treadmill
1 Mile in 14.3 Minutes - Average speed of 4.5, 92 calories burned, 0 incline
1/2 Mile in 8.4 Minutes - Average speed of 3.5, 58 calories burned, 5.0 incline

Elliptical
.83 Mile in 18 minutes - Average Heart Rate at 145 (Cardio workout vs fat burning), 127 calories burned

Weight Machines
Leg Sled, Sitting - 3 sets of 10 at 140lbs
Abdominal Crunch - 5 sets of 10 at 10lbs

I wont post this week's, since the week isnt over... but its probably gonna look even MORE dismal, as I pulled something in my back at work on Monday night, so I have to take it easy.

As time goes on and I get into a routine, I'll be posting averages of the week instead of the whole workout, and probably my weight too (FAT).

Also, for anyone interested in starting a workout routine without a gym, try downloading the App 'BodyFitness'. It has a TON of workouts and exercises that use small stuff, like dumbells and medicine balls, along with descriptions and diagrams on how to use them for specific exercises.

As for dieting, I'll update on any changes, right now its pretty much moving towards salads for lunch instead of the fatty stuff I've always had, greek yogurts, and a fruit of some sort (besides whats already in the yogurt).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Temari; Jun 22, 2011 at 06:25 PM.
Temari

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:14 PM #2 of 45
I have a question that maybe some of my fellow fat-force might be able to help me with (I'm looking at you, gech). I've noticed on a few of the cardio machines at my gym have heartrate monitors, and graphs indicating where your heartrate should be for your preferred workout. IE: on an elliptical machine, my target 'fat burning' HR was 127, while my target cardio HR was 140 (or something like that).

My question is... Does it do anything for you if it goes above that target. I was working pretty hard at one point, getting my HR up to 180 or so, and the machine kept blinking 'above' on the target heart rate graph. Does that mean it's not doing a thing for me besides making me breath harder and my legs sore?

How ya doing, buddy?
Temari

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:51 PM #3 of 45
Come on guys, we're not giving up on this already, are we?

Oh I know. You guys must be too busy exercising and researching delicious recipes for the thread, am I right?

...anyways!

The week of June 26th - July 2nd:

I went to the gym three times over the week.

Treadmill
Mile run, no incline
Average time: 13.8 Minutes
Average calories burned: 81
Average speed: 4.9

1/2 Mile, Incline
Average time: 8.1 Minutes
Average Calories Burned: 65
Average speed: 3.7
Average Incline: 6.0

Elliptical
Average time: 14.3 Minutes
Average Calories burned: 107
Average Distance: 0.77
Average Speed: 3.8

(Wednesday had a resistance of 12 and incline of 10)

Weights/Machines
Cable Woodchopper (High) -
3 sets of 10 at 12.5 - 17.5lbs to left
3 sets of 10 at 17.5lbs to right

Cable Woodchopper (Low)
3 sets of 10 at 12.5lbs to left
3 sets of 10 at 12.5lbs to right

Abdominal Crunch
Straight - 5 sets of 10 at 10lbs
Left - 3 sets of 10 at 10lbs
Right - 3 sets of 10 at 10lbs

I would have done more weights and machines and such, but I kept running late and figured I should get my cardio done above all. I still havent bought a scale, but I went for a recent check up, and that doctor's scale said I was 3 pounds lighter than the amount that got me going in the first place. I'm telling myself its just the difference in scales to keep me motivated.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Temari

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:14 AM #4 of 45
So I'm running a little late with last week's work update, but I figure better late than never... and I'm of course working on this week.

The Week of July 31st - August 6th:

Went to the gym a total of 3 times this week.

Treadmill
Mile Run, no Incline
Average time: 12.4 Minutes
Average calories burned: 101
Average speed: 5.5

1/2 Mile, Incline
Average time: 7.6 Minutes
Average Calories Burned: 66
Average speed: 3.9
Average Incline: 6.0

Elliptical
Average time: 9.4 Minutes
Average Calories burned: 96
Average Distance: 0.83
Average Resistance: 10

Weights/Machines
Tuesday
Cable Woodchopper (High)-
3 sets of 10 at 12.5lbs to the left
3 sets of 10 at 12.5lbs to the right

Cable Woodchopper (Low)-
3 sets of 10 at 12.5lbs to the left
3 sets of 10 at 12.5lbs to the right

V-Crunch
3 sets of 10 at 10lbs

Thursday
Seated Leg Curl
3 sets of 10 at 60lbs

Prone Leg Curl
3 sets of 10 at 50lbs

Leg Extension
3 sets of 10 at 60lbs

Angled Seat Calf
3 sets of 10 at 60lbs

Leg Sled - Seated
3 sets of 10 at 180lbs

Abdominal Crunch
3 sets of 10 at 10lbs
1 set of 10 at 20lbs

I've been going to the gym for about 2 months or so now, maybe more, not as regularly as I would like. I'm just glad when I can get there, honestly. But there are some days where I skip, just because I'm lazy. I'm thinking about picking up a scale and starting to track my weight, just because seeing my weight at the doctors is what started me at the gym in the first place. Seeing some improvement will make me want to keep it up, I'm hoping.

I've been sticking to salads for lunch pretty regularly, but I think I've realized my problem lies elsewhere... I eat dinner REALLY late. Often I wait until my boyfriend is out of work, so I'm eating anywhere between 8-11pm to eat dinner. I've been decent about at least eating a cereal bar for breakfast, so there's improvement there. I've also been cutting down on the soda, sticking to one of those small, '90 calorie' cans if I really want some.

How ya doing, buddy?
Temari

Member 16658

Level 28.10

Dec 2006

Old Oct 4, 2011, 01:27 PM #5 of 45
Soooooo. Are we still in this, fat force?

Recently I discovered an application I've been using to help out with weight control. While I liked the "Body Fitness" one I was using for the gym, this new one, called 'My Fitness Pal', allows you to input your current weight, personal info, and goals, and it gives you a healthy calorie goal per day to lose weight (or just maintain it). Then you can estimate your calorie intake and exercise for the day to hit that goal.

For my personal goals, it gave me a calorie goal of 1200 a day. It was hard at first, but has gotten easier... especially after I realized that if I drank nothing but water, I wouldnt lose most of my calories to soda, something with no nutritional value.

I've only been using it for a few weeks, but I've lost a couple pounds already, with my third weigh-in tonight.

I have been feeling better about myself with all I've been doing. Indoor soccer has started back up again, I've found a multi-vitamin that boosts my metabolism and doesn't make me nauseous.

Has anyone else been keeping up with this? Taking the bike out besides the colder weather? Playing sports? Hitting the gym? Or just avoiding the fried foods?

I was speaking idiomatically.

Tags
tell me more, yeah baby, yuo cna do it

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Fat Force: Because we love Jelly Doughnuts too much.