Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:49 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2011, 07:49 AM #1 of 44
Quote:
Maybe it's the innate Asian in me that thinks this way; doctors should be paid to keep you healthy, not grip out all your savings and your grandchild's Morgage to pay for your care when they fuck up and don't prevent you from getting sick. I think that's also another problem with health care cost, we talk a lot about how fucking expensive it is to keep our sick medicated or cared for or how many kids need Ritalin, but nearly or barely not enough talk about investing in methods of *keeping* people healthy. That includes investing in educating people to eat better and such.
How many people do you know that actually go to the doctor when they're healthy?

That said, I do think it's kinda hilarious how health care companies only want to put money out once you're already sick. After my dad had a heart attack they gave him access to weight loss therapy classes for two months. He lost a bunch of weight, was eating better, and pretty much doing everything correctly. Insurance goes "Oh, you're doing fine now, go find somewhere else to exercise" and that pretty much knocked him off his momentum and he couldn't find another place with similar facilities nearby, so he regained most of what he had lost. Fast forward a year or so and there's another mild event, back in the hospital, and then insurance covers two more months of weight therapy (until it ended last month). He'd even be willing to pay for the stuff himself, but you can only get access to the place through insurance.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage