Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Do you do much food preparation or are you Mr convenience?

Bishounen Bitch
Pooped

Member 2130

Level 9.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 08:01 PM #26 of 37
I'm most comfortable in a kitchen. I always opt for cooking my own meals rather than picking something quick and easy up on the way home (unless I'm terribly exhausted or pressed for time). Because I'm so fascinated with other cultures and food being an integral part of cultural traditions, I love to try out recipes from all sorts of ethnicities. I'm strongest in Chinese, but I also make a mean batch of gnocchi and my udon ain't half bad, either.

Basically, I love a good challenge. Cooking generally meets that challenge and in the end I've usually had a good meal and feel better because of my accomplishment. Plus, it makes for a mess of happy friends.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
oh, sick
anti-junior member

Member 1178

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:43 PM #27 of 37
I wish my mom made homade food more often! She makes like one dish every 2 weeks. Oh well, I am the chef in the family, and i love to bake. I can really only make sweet deserts and yeast breads, not a main dish. Well, I never really try i guess. I am actually thinking about becoming a prefessional chef, I think I am pretty good at baking for 15 years old. I am better than my mom at baking.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:55 AM #28 of 37
I'm actually taking chef training and pastry chef training in college right now. I love it, but it's funny, cause at home... I'm all for the easy-to-cook stuff. I guess I get so much of it at school that by the time I get home, I just want it to be over and done with, heh.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
T0X1Qu3
Love Me ~ Kiss Me

Member 2252

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:12 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:12 PM #29 of 37
I love to cook when I have the ingerdients.

I think recipes are so much fun to play with. Make my own little changes. Hell, I will eat hot pockets and hamburger helper but cooking is way better.

I love puertorican dishes especially

Most amazing jew boots
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:09 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 04:09 PM #30 of 37
My grandparents own a restaurant, so since my childhood I've always been told how bad and disgusting packet food is. I almost always cook everything from scratch. Going out to shop for ingredients is one of my favourite activities, just looking around various shops for the best stuff you can find, discovering new ingredients and recipes can be really enjoyable.

The only time I go out to get some takeaway is during the exams, when my schedule doesn't allow me to spend time cooking.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:22 PM #31 of 37
I'm a microwave and toaster oven fiend. Give me some pizza rolls or some easy mac any day. It fills me up and is quick to make. I say this but when my mom cooks food it is better than any of this stuff.

FELIPE NO
Rachelle
Syklis Green

Member 2670

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 04:17 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 10:17 AM #32 of 37
Usually cook myself, but I do buy some convenience foods like pies to microwave or bake when I'm busy. But cooking up something from scratch is great, I feel really satisfied when something comes up smelling and tasting good. I'm not good at baking though, I try to follow recipes as closely as possible but they always don't come out quite right. :S

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 03:45 AM #33 of 37
Originally Posted by majario
I'm a microwave and toaster oven fiend. Give me some pizza rolls or some easy mac any day. It fills me up and is quick to make. I say this but when my mom cooks food it is better than any of this stuff.
I used to be a toaster oven fiend until I accidently left waffles in there a bit too long and had flames and smoke pouring out of it...

If I'm in a hurry, it's most definitely the microwave. If I've got time, I try to use the stovetop and the oven.

Most amazing jew boots
CrimsonSerenade
Life is a game. Fight to see if you are worth it.

Member 3108

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 07:33 PM #34 of 37
Actually, not only do I cook, I cook for my entire family now on a regular basis. My mom pretty much has stopped cooking and left me to make meals nowadays. But that's OK with me, considering that I enjoy cooking, and I plan on going onto culinary school after high school.

We have absolutely no "convenience" foods at my house. None of those "heat in the microwave and serve" things. Personally, I think that they all taste horrible.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Emergency Room: $800

Replacing a Glass Window: $1800

A New Jacket: $30

Having to tell everyone about me running through a window: Priceless.
xuemin
Syklis Green

Member 248

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:39 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 12:39 PM #35 of 37
i always cook my own meals when i'm away at uni, though i guess i do cheat with sauces sometimes (mabo tofu, curry or cream stew roux) but that's mainly because the town i'm in while at uni only has 2 chinese stores and an extremely limited selection.

only time i buy pre-prepared here is when i don't have the time to make a packed lunch which is usually on days i have about 1 hour to go home pack my bags and catch a train back to london, though it's usually a sandwich or pasta salad. though my dad and sister always seem to buy ready meals; saturday night, dad ordered curry take away and sunday afternoon it was pizza. whereas my mum, gran and i prefer to cook. i got put off ready meals about 2-3 years ago when my mum was too busy to cook and so there fridge was just filled with them and the cupboard with instant noodles. had to eat like that for a year or so, and my school timetable back then meant i was unable to go food shopping with my dad and sister to buy the stuff i wanted.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:05 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 05:05 PM #36 of 37
I don't know how to cook jack shit, I'm stingy when it comes to time spent preparing food (including clean up), and I'm also a little bit lazy. However, I also dislike eating most frozen/packaged stuff more than sparingly, so I often just eat out at restaurants or eat whatever my mother cooks.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 12:44 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:44 AM #37 of 37
I'm taking culinary arts in college to get my associates degree, and I admire more cooking from scratch then having all this pre-made crap. :X

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Do you do much food preparation or are you Mr convenience?