Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Things you hate, yet everyone else seems to love (which makes them hate you)

CryHavoc
Catherine Bell <3

Member 8369

Level 18.10

Jun 2006

Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:47 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2008, 11:47 PM #26 of 62
I think she also fails to grasp the fact that Lactose intolerance means that YOU GET A NEGATIVE REACTION TOWARDS dairy products, so you can't just hate them, you must be physically unable to ingest them without causing yourself harm, it's NOT related to taste, you don't puke cuz of milk, you get lots of gastrointestinal problems like gas and diarrhea, general flatulence but not sickness or iow, puking.

In general you can love milk as much as you can and still be lactose intolerant , like my cousin who gets hell whenever he drinks any, and me, i have a mild case of lactose intolerance where i just get too much gas. EUGHHHH.

Most amazing jew boots
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2008, 05:26 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2008, 03:26 PM #27 of 62
A dairy based product tasting like milk? WHY I NEVER!
It's weird, I know... I had a milkshake and I was fine today. Yogurt, no problem. Blueberry Cheesecake frozen yogurt, devoured it.

Don't know why, that particular scoop of ice cream tasted like milk and my taste buds came to a screeching halt on death row telling my brain, MUST NOT GO FURTHER.

Same thing with carrot juice; tastes too much like milk. But no one likes carrot juice anyways.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:52 PM #28 of 62
Wow, I hate both mushrooms and mayo. I also hate anything sour or spicy, which some people find odd.. dunno why. *shrug*

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:57 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2008, 09:57 PM #29 of 62
But no one likes carrot juice anyways.
Speak for yourself, carnivore.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 03:50 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 01:50 AM #30 of 62
Speak for yourself, carnivore.
I have no idea what you're talking about, sir.

Most amazing jew boots
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 09:32 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 02:32 AM #31 of 62
I hate all sweets with only a few exceptions (chocolate and sherbert). The texture's unappealing and the taste doesn't sit with me well, espeically liquorice. Christ I abhor that stuff.

FELIPE NO
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:58 PM #32 of 62
Coffee and I really get people that I feel hate me cause I don't like coffee. I just sometimes seem to end up talking to older people who can't understand the concept of an adult who doesn't drink coffee.

Hot Dogs, Sausage, anything similar to them. No it's not the shape, I just seriously think they taste like crap. When I was a kid my parents tried to make me eat hot dogs, but the taste was so aweful to me that it actually caused me to vomit. Then they'd yell at me like it was my fault that the food made me puke.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"Out thought and out fought."
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:28 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 11:28 PM #33 of 62
Hot dogs are definitely a once in a while thing for me, but sausages are terrific. Love 'em.

Mint is another thing I hate. People look at me funny at Christmas time when I won't eat candy canes.
As well they should! Mint is the herb of the gods.

One thing I've been unsuccessful at enjoying so far is alcohol. It tastes like poison to me. The first time I tried wine I literally thought I had ingested Sharpie ink. I'm trying to acclimate myself to it so as not to appear like a complete weenie, but I've yet to actually drink something alcoholic and think, "That was delicious."

I also normally avoid seafood (well, most of it...<3 dried squid), but I'm trying to acquire the taste for that too. Never hurts to have more dietary options.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Last edited by Dhsu; Apr 3, 2008 at 12:39 AM.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:32 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 10:32 PM #34 of 62
I was child vomiter as well, except it came down to mayonnaise. People's infatuation with mayonnaise never ceases to amaze me, or the fact that I detest mayo would blow people's minds. I still gag when I even catch a wiff and if I were to eat it, I get incredibly nauseous.

Mayonnaise is made out of uncooked egg yolks and oil, kept in a jar for far longer than you'd keep a normal egg. That's just unnatural to me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ceres
Now promoted to 'Dwarf Planet' status

Member 3240

Level 19.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:32 AM #35 of 62
I like coffee with milk/cream and sugar, but I just can't stand iced coffee...seems like you have to add twice as many sugars to iced coffee as you do to normal coffee to get rid of the bitterness. I don't think coffee is meant to be cold.

Also, any cinnamon flavored candies/gum are yuck to me.

I want to like dark chocolate, I really do...but it just isn't happening. Have to stick with Milk and white.

Most amazing jew boots
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:37 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2008, 11:37 PM #36 of 62
I was child vomiter as well, except it came down to mayonnaise.
I did that with cream cheese.

Now I think it's nummy. :3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 07:05 AM #37 of 62
Hmm... coffee and cheese. I'll try them every once in a while (cheese is fine as grilled cheese sandwiches and in McD's sausage mcmuffins) but I couldn't stand much of them.

My sweetie loves them both though and meanwhile he hates my mayonnaise in BK's chicken sandwich or sour cream dip.

Otherwise, I generally avoid spicy foods as well.

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:03 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2008, 04:03 PM #38 of 62
Haha, I knew when I saw this thread that there were going to be a lot of people saying they hate coffee.

Coffee becomes easier to stomach when you get older, because your tastebuds lose a lot of their sensitivity. That's why children often dislike many foods that adults enjoy (anchovies, dark chocolate, sauerkraut, coffee). And a lot of the people on these boards are still rather young, so it's understandable.

But there's also a huge difference in quality when it comes to coffee. If all you've ever tried is Folgers, then I can understand exactly why you don't like coffee. Try some high-quality Kona, or Arabian Mocha Sanani coffee, and you might just reconsider.

As for my answer to the question? I really don't like scalloped potatoes. Not that everyone loves scalloped potatoes, but I don't think people generally hate them.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 07:18 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 07:18 AM #39 of 62
There are a lot of things that I like that make others sick to their stomachs, but what surprises a lot of people is the fact I have a hard time digesting raw vegetables. I can have a few carrot sticks, or a piece of raw broccoli, no problem. When I make a big salad or something along the lines of a lot of uncooked greens, my stomach aches like it's trying to break down rocks, and the exodus is not fun either. I'm still trying to force my body to adjust to digesting that stuff.

FELIPE NO
"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:34 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 09:34 AM #40 of 62
Really? Shit, man... Sometimes the best way for me to kill a hangover is a huge salad with only a little Italian dressing.

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 07:01 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 06:01 PM #41 of 62
It's good that you're trying to adjust, as veggies are a pretty important source of fiber.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 4, 2008, 07:24 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2008, 04:24 PM #42 of 62
I wouldn't say that I hate asparagus, but I'm not particularly fond of it as being part of my meals. Yet all my family and friends love it. I eat a lot of other vegetables in general though, but asparagus just isn't one of them. I suppose a close second would have to be walnuts. So many people I know enjoy them.

Anazai
Chocobo

Member 24951

Level 11.42

Sep 2007

Old Apr 21, 2008, 04:22 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2008, 02:22 PM #43 of 62

I also normally avoid seafood (well, most of it...<3 dried squid), but I'm trying to acquire the taste for that too. Never hurts to have more dietary options.

I used to hate seafood until someone made me try salmon, I fell in love. Seriously, go to the Olive Garden and try one of their seafood plates, they are so good. I like all kinds of seafood now, except for lobster. I will not even think about eating that.

I hate sausage by itself. If it's like a ground Italian sausage in a soup that's fine but otherwise I will not eat it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shorty

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 03:07 PM Local time: Apr 22, 2008, 01:07 PM #44 of 62
I suppose a close second would have to be walnuts. So many people I know enjoy them.
It's plausibly because you never had fresh walnuts. Fresh walnuts compared to store-bought is like comparing fresh coconut to store-bought-dried-two-decades-ago-and-kept-in-a-warehouse-for-a-million-years coconut.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Apr 24, 2008, 02:55 PM #45 of 62
As for me, I hate bananas, coconuts, and sweet potatoes. Aside from that, you'll be hardpressed to find something I utterly hate. People think I'm strange for not liking those things, at least in my family, but ugh, they taste horrible.

Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:02 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2008, 10:02 AM #46 of 62
The first thing that came to my mind was oyster. I just can't stomach any oysters, yet people around me just tuck into those gigantic raw oysters...ewww. Once a friend brought me to this famous place that served stir-fried oysters and after the first bite I felt like throwing up. I'm ok with oyster sauce though, it's pretty much used in every Chinese dish.

Some other things that I hate are white chocolate and licorice, especially licorice! Dreadful stuff. I'm ok with coffee, but I don't take them often cause I usually get headache afterwards.

And carrot milk rocks. If carrots were on special every week I'd juice them up and add tons of milk to it. Absolutely fantastic.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Craze; Apr 25, 2008 at 09:30 PM.
Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:15 PM #47 of 62
I absolutely hate mayo and most condiments. I can't stand the taste of alcohol in any form. I've tried out different drinks and I just don't know how people can stand to drink the stuff. I used to absolutely hate coffee, but now I don't think it's so bad. I still don't drink it though. Hmm and I also dislike beef and fish a lot.

...I also don't like mushrooms.

FELIPE NO
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 06:27 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 04:27 PM #48 of 62
I'm gonna go with....dark beer. Most people seem to like it except me.

SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:31 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 09:31 PM #49 of 62
I hate anything that have high fructose corn syrup in it, which now a days that's almost everything that we eat. I also HATE!!! catfish and bacon, which is a sin living here in Texas.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:59 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2008, 08:59 PM #50 of 62
I hate anything that have high fructose corn syrup in it, which now a days that's almost everything that we eat. I also HATE!!! catfish and bacon, which is a sin living here in Texas.
You hate catfish... in Texas? Jesus, son. How have you not been lynched? Man, next you'll tell me you're anti-cornbread, or anti-hush puppy. Or maybe anti-unsweet tea. They'll have your head for that. Or maybe the ultimate sin, anti-chicken fried steak with white gravy. I think they have your balls for that.

(Seriously, though. Outside of unsweet tea, nothing in Texas should be consumed by humans.)

I'm gonna go with....dark beer. Most people seem to like it except me.
So, I'm curious. Was it hard telling your parents that you're gay? (Don't worry. I have some Pabst Blue Ribbon here. You can drink that. Like a lady.)

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Things you hate, yet everyone else seems to love (which makes them hate you)