Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Top 5 world's HEALTHIEST meal.

SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:31 PM #26 of 65
Fish can have too much mercury and other contaminants that easily detract from the benefits of eating it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:38 PM #27 of 65
Vegetables can have contaminants, too. Including all of those on that list. Irrelevant.

By the way, the mercury thing is not a serious issue unless you're a pregnant woman.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:40 PM #28 of 65
@ Minion

Sorry. I never said that fish isn't healthy. Appearntly those 5 things I posted are more healthy then fish.

@ Nabhan

I am pretty sure all Korean eats Kimchi, and Kimchi won't save us either. Nor Dhangzang which is made from soy and was used as an example when the org mentioned "Soy bean" (so was tofu.)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:45 PM #29 of 65
There is no "more healthy" food. You need to eat a diet that has a good variety of healthy foods and avoid unhealthy foods. Being a vegetarian, which is what someone following that list exclusively would be, is not healthy. I don't even know what "healthy" mean in this conext of this thread. Those foods alone certainly do not provide you with all the nutrution you should be getting. And broccoli should definitely be on the list.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:48 PM #30 of 65
No no no no. I think you took my whole topic in wrong way. "They" decided these food from things you can get benifits MOST from single food.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:49 PM #31 of 65
Could you post the website?

Most amazing jew boots
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:51 PM #32 of 65
Originally Posted by Minion
Could you post the website?
Care for scanned newspaper?(if I have scanner that is)

Ask Nabhan too he prob saw it lurking around internet.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:53 PM #33 of 65
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:54 PM #34 of 65
Is this from THIS year THIS month? I don't think so. And the first site didn't mention ANYTHING about olive oil nor yogurt. OR kimchi.

EDIT: No shit they mentioned fish. The site you gave out has freaking meat included. Is there just meal called "fish" ? I don't think so.

Most amazing jew boots
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:56 PM #35 of 65
Well, don't take everything the news says as Gospel truth. Especially when it comes to science and health. Ask any nutrition expert if they would rank fish as one of the top 5 foods. I would be shocked if anyone said no.

Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:57 PM #36 of 65
Read the topic name. MEAL not food. And jebus, I don't know why I am arguing when I read this hundres of times on koreatimes.com chosun.com. Go there and look for it. Iam not going to waste my time trying to prove I am right. (Because they clear their articles every day or so.)

How ya doing, buddy?
Calculusaurus
hello

Member 783

Level 7.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 05:38 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 07:38 AM #37 of 65
It is, though. Fish is the best source of Omega-3, an essential fatty-acid. It's been proven to reduce inflamation, fight cancer and reduce cholesterol. Fish are also high in quality protien and various vitamins and minerals. There is also no meat on that list, which is ridiculous. It's not healthy to go entirely without meat. You need to consume several different protiens, some of which you can't find in plants.
I'm pretty sure that you can get all your amino acids from plants. Protein is a relatively easy nutrient to get enough of in a typical diet.

Fish are healthy because our body can't produce omega-3's, so we need to directly consume them; fish are high in those fats--or something like that.

It's a good thing to eat fish like twice a week. There is no need to eat more. Still, fatty fish like salmon are definitely healthy for you.

And on an end note,
I'm not surprised that tofu is on the list, but I'm surprised broccoli isn't.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 05:56 PM #38 of 65
I think minion is the only one who knows what is going on.every health expert i have run into, they stressed fish as an essential " healthy food".

Plus the only people i have ever run into that are still chainsmoking an goin strong at the age of 80-90 are the japanese people who live soley a diet of fish and tofu daily.

IMO any list that want's to be crediable in regards to " healthy food", they need to include some form of fish.

[ "Talisman" ]
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:31 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 07:31 PM #39 of 65
What is this kimchi shit.

FELIPE NO
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:41 PM #40 of 65
Originally Posted by Capo
What is this kimchi shit.
fermented cabbage. I don't care for it, but then again i've never met a korean who could tolerate natto.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

[ "Talisman" ]
Calculusaurus
hello

Member 783

Level 7.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:56 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 02:56 PM #41 of 65
Originally Posted by Iwata
I think minion is the only one who knows what is going on.every health expert i have run into, they stressed fish as an essential " healthy food".

Plus the only people i have ever run into that are still chainsmoking an goin strong at the age of 80-90 are the japanese people who live soley a diet of fish and tofu daily.

IMO any list that want's to be crediable in regards to " healthy food", they need to include some form of fish.
I think Iwata is the only one who doesn't know what is going on.

Double Post:
Because everybody knows that the cure to the death-wish habit of smoking is fish, tofu, and being Japanese.

Japanese people got everything right. Let's watch anime.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Calculusaurus; Mar 31, 2006 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:11 AM #42 of 65
Yes Japanese got everything right alright.

Here and Most bottom, Here again

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Kimchi; Mar 31, 2006 at 03:32 AM.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:19 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 05:49 AM #43 of 65
Olive oil for a meal? I use it for my hair! (I have frizzy curly hair, it really works!)

Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:42 AM #44 of 65
Originally Posted by Calculusaurus
I think Iwata is the only one who doesn't know what is going on.

Double Post:
Because everybody knows that the cure to the death-wish habit of smoking is fish, tofu, and being Japanese.

Japanese people got everything right. Let's watch anime.
I grew in japan, jackass. I don't watch nor like anime either. so shut the fuck up before you assume shit. Go back to your sheet music wankery.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

[ "Talisman" ]

Last edited by Iwata; Mar 31, 2006 at 04:46 AM.
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:31 PM #45 of 65
According to T-Nation:

1. Broccoli
2. Wild Salmon
3. Grass-Fed Beef
4. Walnuts
5. Olive Oil
6. Blueberries
7. Flax seeds
8. Pumpkin
9. Spinach
10. Tomato
11. Turkey breast
12. Yogurt
13. Shitake Mushrooms

I consume about half of these on a daily basis. I'm not a fan of the last two (don't like the consistency of yogurt but I haven't actually tried mushrooms lately).

And for the record, plants have shitty amino acid profiles. If you want it all, you've gotta balance plant protein with animal protein.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Will; Mar 31, 2006 at 04:33 PM.
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:44 PM #46 of 65
Heh, I searched "top 5 healthiest food" and list like yours came up. (Not the kind I have been looking for. But I am not saying it isn't healthy or anything... but it is not the one that was announced internationaly.)

Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:02 PM #47 of 65
You keep saying "internationally" but your list sounds incredibly Asia-centric.

FELIPE NO
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:16 PM #48 of 65
You keep saying "internationally" but your list sounds incredibly Asia-centric.
Been to Here , here and here?

I am sure India, Spain, Greece is Asia.

Quote:
World's Healthiest Foods: Olive Oil (Spain)
by Joan Raymond

Antioxidant-rich olive oil protects against heart disease.

“We start with olive oil as babies,” says Antonio Diaz, a native of Spain and owner of tapas restaurant Costa del Sol in New York. Olive oil is mandatory at every meal in a typical Spanish home, and for good reason: The country makes more than 40 percent of the world’s supply, although until recently the majority was sold and packaged outside its borders (the Italian olive oil you’re using might actually be from Spain). Spanish olive oil producers are now labeling their own brands, and making a name for themselves as the source for top-quality oil. And with more than 262 different olive varieties (24 of which are used for oil), Spanish oils are more diverse than those from other countries.

Why to try it: Antioxidant-rich olive oil protects against heart disease by controlling LDL, or bad, cholesterol levels while raising HDL, or good, cholesterol. In fact, it’s such a health boon that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) lets olive oil producers put a heart-health claim on their labels. (It’s one of a handful of foods to get that blessing.) But new research shows olive oil may be more than just good for your ticker. Scientists from Philadelphia’s Monell Chemical Senses Center discovered that olive oil has a compound with the same structure as ibuprofen, the widely used anti-inflammatory painkiller in Advil and Motrin. That means olive oil may offer the same benefits as low doses of the drug, including reduced risk of heart attack, stroke, some cancers, and even Alzheimer’s disease. It also may help fight breast and colon cancers.

What to do with it: Light and aromatic, Spanish olive oil is easy to find at your local grocery store or online at Tienda.com for about $10 to $20 per 17-ounce bottle. Dunk whole-grain bread in olive oil, or drizzle over grilled vegetables. Or try our Shrimp With Garlic in Olive Oil recipe.

World's Healthiest Foods: Soy (Japan)
by Joan Raymond

Protein-packed soy is linked to the prevention of cancer and osteoporosis.

A typical Japanese eats soy for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner. “We eat tofu every day,” says Mamie Nishide, a cooking instructor and recipe developer who’s a native of Nara, Japan. Soybeans, first grown in tropical Asia thousands of years ago, are used in everything in Japan from soy sauce (as ubiquitous as ketchup) to vegetable oil, tofu, and the fermented soybean paste called miso. Japanese eat more soybeans than anyone else, and the long-lived Okinawans top the list at about 60 to 120 grams per person each day, compared with practically zero grams for the average American.

Why to try it: Protein-packed soy is high in isoflavones, estrogen-like substances linked to the prevention of cancer and osteoporosis. But its biggest draw may be the dozens of studies showing soy is good for your heart; the FDA even allows certain soy products (with at least 6.25 grams of soy protein per serving) to have a heart-healthy claim on their labels. Plus, some studies have shown that a diet rich in soy can reduce breast-cancer risk. Asian women, for example, have a much lower incidence of the disease compared with their Western counterparts. But other studies suggest that high levels of soy might actually increase breast-cancer risk in women who live in the United States, especially among those with a family history of the disease. (If you have a history of breast cancer or a high incidence in your family, talk to your doctor about how much soy is safe.)

What to do with it: Use cooked soybeans instead of garbanzo beans in your next batch of hummus, and add frozen edamame (whole soybeans) to stir-fries. Tofu typically comes in 1-pound blocks for about $1.99 at grocery and health-food stores.

World's Healthiest Foods: Yogurt (Greece)
by Joan Raymond

Among yogurt's benefits: enhanced immunity, improved lactose intolerance, and stronger bones.

Many think of yogurt as just a sweet snack. But the thick, creamy, rich kind that’s traditional in Greece has been integral to Grecians’ healthy diet for thousands of years. “We have a custom that before a couple goes on their honey-moon, they eat yogurt with honey and walnuts for prosperity and energy,” says Antonios Maridakis, president of Fage USA, importer of Greece’s biggest yogurt brand. “A lot of us believe that yogurt is an aphrodisiac.”

Why to try it: Yogurt promotes intestinal and vaginal health, improves lactose intolerance, builds stronger bones, enhances immunity, lowers blood pressure, and may even have anticancer and weight-loss effects. In a recent study in the International Journal of Obesity, researchers found that obese adults who ate 3 servings of fat-free yogurt a day as part of a reduced-calorie diet lost 22 percent more weight and 61 percent more body fat than those who just cut calories. A plus for Greek yogurt, in particular, is that it doesn’t give you the sugar overload of what you usually find in U.S. grocery stores. To save on fat and calories, reach for a low-fat version.

What to do with it: Look for Fage Total yogurt at specialty food stores, Whole Foods Market, Wild Oats, and Trader Joe’s. A 5-ounce container costs $1.89. Try it with a drizzle of honey and a handful of walnuts or almonds. Or use Greek yogurt in our delicious Grilled Eggplant and Yogurt Dip.

World's Healthiest Foods: Lentils (India)
by Joan Raymond

Lentils give you protein, cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber, and lots of iron.

Lentils are to India as meatloaf is to America: the quintessential comfort food. Ranging from yellow and red to deep black, these tiny disc-shaped members of the legume family are eaten in some form at least twice a day in “any self-respecting Indian household,” says Kavita Mehta, founder of the Web-based Indian Foods Co. In fact, India is the world’s biggest producer and consumer of lentils. Known as dal, lentils typically are served at every meal with steamed rice or bread.

Why to try them: This “superfood” gives you protein and cholesterol-lowering soluble fiber, as well as about twice as much iron as other legumes. And lentils are higher in most B vitamins and folate, which is especially important for women of childbearing age because folate reduces the risk of birth defects. Plus, U.S. Department of Agriculture researchers discovered that the pigment in Beluga black lentils acts like an antioxidant and helps protect against heart disease, cancer, and the aging process in general. Not too shabby for something the size of a pencil eraser.

What to do with them: Lentils can be stored a long time, are easy to make, and are one of the cheapest protein sources going, at just 75 cents per pound at grocery stores. And unlike other legumes, you don’t have to soak them before cooking. Just rinse them in cold water and simmer in water or broth. Enjoy them plain or spiced with herbs, onions, or garlic.

World's Healthiest Foods: Kimchi (Korea)
by Joan Raymond

Loaded with key vitamins, kimchi contains healthy bacteria that aids digestion.

Koreans eat so much of this super-spicy condiment (40 pounds of it per person each year) that natives say “kimchi” instead of “cheese” when getting their pictures taken. The reddish fermented cabbage (and sometimes radish) dish—made with a mix of garlic, salt, vinegar, chile peppers, and other spices—is served at every meal, either alone or mixed with rice or noodles. And it’s part of a high-fiber, low-fat diet that has kept obesity at bay in Korea. Kimchi also is used in everything from soups to pancakes, and as a topping on pizza and burgers.

Why to try it: Kimchi (or kimchee) is loaded with vitamins A, B, and C, but its biggest benefit may be in its “healthy bacteria” called lactobacilli, found in fermented foods like kimchi and yogurt. This good bacteria helps with digestion, plus it seems to help stop and even prevent yeast infections, according to a recent study. And more good news: Some studies show fermented cabbage has compounds that may prevent the growth of cancer.

What to do with it: There’s no need to make your own; just pick it up in the refrigerated section of your grocery store or an Asian market for around $4 per 32-ounce jar (Sunja’s is one popular brand). You can wake up your morning by scrambling eggs with kimchi, diced tomatoes, and mushrooms. Use it as a wrap filling or to top a baked potato. Or try Spicy Beef and Kimchi Stew, which won our test kitchen’s top rating.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Kimchi; Mar 31, 2006 at 06:19 PM.
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:19 PM #49 of 65
Okay, why isn't garlic on the list? Garlic is insanely healthy. It's gotta be better than at least one of those things.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kimchi

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 06:20 PM #50 of 65
What benifits do you get? List all things with facts not bullshits.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Top 5 world's HEALTHIEST meal.