Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hitoshi Sakimoto

Spinal Tap
Syklis Green

Member 2060

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 09:02 AM #101 of 103
RyuFAN, Odin Sphere is not out but will be next month, here's a new trailer:

http://movie.atlusnet.jp/os/download/os_pv.zip

Music sounds very good in any case, it's exactly what I love about Sakimoto.

As for this thread... Sakimoto is easily my favorite game composer, and perhaps favorite composer period (outside of normal music of course), because his music is just very engaging, there's a ton of different things happening in every one of his tracks, and a ton of awesome progressions throughout his tracks, plus I love the signature sound of his instrumentation.
For example, I keep coming back to FFXII's soundtrack just to hear all the different things that are going on, and I regularly discover new elements to the tracks even after already having heard them so many times.
Imo, if you play a game with Sakimoto's music, there's no way to get around it, it's just 100% part of the experience and a lot of games would feel entirely different without his music.

Most amazing jew boots
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 01:13 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 10:13 PM #102 of 103
I heard a piece of Odin Sphere at the Night in Fantasia concert and it was lovely, even my boyfriend who didnt like Sakimoto's work that much loved it. Said it was stronger than what he heard in tactics or FF12.

And the solo violin is played by Yura from Eminence, in both the game's soundtrack and the concert.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
-=SeRaPH=-
I am Fluffy

Member 11403

Level 8.89

Aug 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 01:38 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2007, 05:38 AM #103 of 103
He's changes his style a lot... although his trademark harmony is still there and the parts are hard as hell. I like his sincereness and his approach to music.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Hitoshi Sakimoto