Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Lawyers going after fast food...
Closed Thread

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:55 AM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 10:55 PM #51 of 87
Just the thought of seeing a woman who uses creatine grosses me out.

How ya doing, buddy?
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 01:57 AM #52 of 87
Originally Posted by Capo
Just the thought of seeing a woman who uses creatine grosses me out.
I'm not a freaking bodybuilder! Sheesh! I don't go for the "ripped" look, for the exact reason you said, it's gross! I do like to look feminine, after all . . . Still, I also need strength. How many times must I say the word "moderation"? It's creatine, not anabolic steroids! Good grief . . . You guys say this kind of stuff while calling me stupid? What a joke!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Why are you arguing with WoW players? It's pronounced "Shut the fuck up and get a job. Raiding isn't a job." - Lukage
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 02:12 AM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 11:12 PM #53 of 87
Originally Posted by PattyNBK
Um, yes.

Cooked At Home = Home Cooking

You may have a different definition, but I'm usually a literal kind of person.
Putting something in the microwave for a few minutes does not equal cooking in my household, but maybe that's just us.

I was speaking idiomatically.
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 02:52 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 02:52 AM #54 of 87
Originally Posted by christinajon
Putting something in the microwave for a few minutes does not equal cooking in my household, but maybe that's just us.
True that.

I can bring a Healthy Choice to work and cook it in the microwave there. How is that considered 'home cooking'. There's absolutely no cooking involved.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 02:55 AM #55 of 87
Originally Posted by christinajon
Well, it's not very much cooking and it's almost foolproof, but I still consider it cooking. Minimal cooking, but still cooking. Still, like I said, that was my dinner that specific night. Tomorrow night, I'm cooking (oddly enough) cheeseburgers, on my George Foreman. Love those grills!

Originally Posted by CloudNine
True that.

I can bring a Healthy Choice to work and cook it in the microwave there. How is that considered 'home cooking'. There's absolutely no cooking involved.
Just because it's not "traditional" cooking doesn't mean it's not cooking. Extremely simple cooking, yes, but still cooking. I've known people who prepared fresh cheeseburgers in the microwave, and people who prepare bacon in the microwave; is that no longer considered cooking?

Actually, I got a better question. Why is it that so many of you are trying to dodge the issue at hand and focus on me instead as well as all this semantic nonsense? You just can't admit that I'm right about the topic (in that fast food companies are not to blame and these lawyers are being ridiculous in their accusations that fast food is like nicotine) because you have some weird grudge against me.

FELIPE NO

Why are you arguing with WoW players? It's pronounced "Shut the fuck up and get a job. Raiding isn't a job." - Lukage

Last edited by PattyNBK; Sep 3, 2006 at 03:05 AM.
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 03:28 AM #56 of 87
Whether or not you are right is beside the point. Mostly what people are arguing about is how your arguments are inept and your reasoning is biased and flawed.

This topic is not about Big Tabacco, why do you keep bringing them up? Whether or not fast food is addictive (there are more than physical addictions, you know) is not affected in any way by the actions of tobacco companies. Because it is the lesser of two evils does not remove it from blame.

The main people who eat fast food are people who are unable to prepare food for themselves or their family for whatever reason, be it time/money etc. The companys that do this know that they will continue to make money by putting addatives into their food that will make their food generally more appealing, (and generally less nutritous) and serving products of an inferior quality in order to be able to sell their products at cheaper prices and thus make it easier for people under somekind of restraint to submit to buying their product. They know what are doing and have become very proficent at keeping their customers hooked in someway.

Do you think it is morally right for a company to abuse its power and take advantage of people who have no other option much of the time?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by CloudNine; Sep 3, 2006 at 03:31 AM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:20 AM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 09:20 AM #57 of 87
If the fast food companies suddenly disappeared, what would all of those people that only eat there do? Starve?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 04:16 PM #58 of 87
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
If the fast food companies suddenly disappeared, what would all of those people that only eat there do? Starve?
He beat me to it. Besides, a lot of people here are greatly exaggerating the "unhealthiness" of fast food. I dunno about you, but if I had to pick between starving and eating unhealthy food, I'd eat the unhealthy food, because it's better than nothing.

The reason I keep bringing up cigarette companies is because that's what these lawyers have done. The lawyers claim that fast food companies are responsible in the same way that cigarette companies are responsible, claiming that fast food companies somehow made their products physically addictive. That is a blatant lie and it is very irresponsible for them to spread such false information. That's what this entire topic is about, so I don't see how I can't keep mentioning the comparison when that's what the lawyers are doing!

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 07:34 PM #59 of 87
Originally Posted by a lurker
you think frozen meals are home cooking
Um, yes.

You may have a different definition, but I'm usually a literal kind of person.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lol, Patty, lol. Oh, lol indeed.

So, um, for a week's worth of dinners, you go to a fast food joint twice, you go 'out' (Olive Garden?) an additional two times, and you eat frozen ready meals three times. do you expect you will at any time start making your own meals from scratch, or is that women's labor?

Double Post:
Why is it that so many of you are trying to dodge the issue at hand and focus on me instead as well as all this semantic nonsense?
Well, there's two points here isn't there. For one, the issue at hand is something you invented, with your own parameters, which does not exist in the real world. No, I'm sure plenty of lawyers are trying to get McDonalds to be held accountable for fat babies, and I bet more than a few of them made the paralell I stated earlier in that McDonalds aggressively creates a culture of dependance on their product and hides negative health facts as well as they can, like Big Tobacco. You are the only one who said that fast food is addictive as cigarettes, or that fast food is completely null and void in all nutritional value. No one is going to argue on your playground, Patty. Stop insulting our intelligence.

The other reason is, of course, you think a Healthy Choice is home cooking. oh lol

pop quiz: are these kids responsible for their appearance? yes/no/lol Healthy Choice

Double Post:
Fast food isn't necessarily about being fast, that's a misnomer on their part. Yes, it's fast once you're there, but that doesn't factor in the driving time. No, fast food is about convenience. People are just too lazy.
So how is it convenient if all this driving is so opressive and time-consuming

i mean christ

who drives anymore

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Sarag; Sep 3, 2006 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 09:02 PM #60 of 87
So, um, for a week's worth of dinners, you go to a fast food joint twice, you go 'out' (Olive Garden?) an additional two times, and you eat frozen ready meals three times. do you expect you will at any time start making your own meals from scratch, or is that women's labor?
Ah, so in addition to being a worthless troll, you're also deaf and dumb, and you don't know how to read. That explains a lot, really.

You see, you're putting words in my mouth now, meaning either you enjoy lying to put down other people, or you're so stupid you can't figure out how to properly read. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter.

Now then, I never said I had frozen dinners three times a week, I said I have home cooking three times a week. I know how to cook, probably better than you do, and I do indeed prepare my own meals from scratch occasionally. I don't have a calendar with which I decide meals, though. The numbers I gave were on average, and the information was not specific. Sometimes I might have three frozen dinners, sometimes only one. All the same, when I get fast food, sometimes it's McDonald's, but sometimes it's Wendy's. I do not follow a strict schedule. Do you understand what I'm saying yet or no?

If you don't understand by now, well, I suggest you look into some night school classes or something. Seriously. Learn to read properly, then speak. Until then, just go away.

Well, there's two points here isn't there. For one, the issue at hand is something you invented, with your own parameters, which does not exist in the real world. No, I'm sure plenty of lawyers are trying to get McDonalds to be held accountable for fat babies, and I bet more than a few of them made the paralell I stated earlier in that McDonalds aggressively creates a culture of dependance on their product and hides negative health facts as well as they can, like Big Tobacco. You are the only one who said that fast food is addictive as cigarettes, or that fast food is completely null and void in all nutritional value. No one is going to argue on your playground, Patty. Stop insulting our intelligence.
Well, the news report I saw says you're wrong, and sorry, but they have far more credibility than an internet troll like you. The news report stated specifically that the lawyers in question were planning to go after fast food companies by the same premise as cigarette companies were nailed, and claimed that fast food is an addiction exactly like cigarettes. Those aren't my words, those are their words. The point, and the issue at hand, is that these lawyers are full of shit to push such nonsense.

As for insulting your intelligence, that would require that you have some to insult, wouldn't it?

"Insert Retarded Propaganda Picture Here"

pop quiz: are these kids responsible for their appearance? yes/no/lol Healthy Choice
Their parents are the ones responsible, actually. McDonald's certainly isn't. You're just trying to spread bullshit propaganda here.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by PattyNBK; Sep 3, 2006 at 09:04 PM.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 09:11 PM #61 of 87
I know how to cook, probably better than you do
it's not difficult to figure out a microwave i mean

there's 'on' and 'off' that's really it

Quote:
Well, the news report I saw says you're wrong, and sorry, but they have far more credibility than an internet troll like you.
It would've been nice to share this report with us!

Quote:
The news report stated specifically that the lawyers in question were planning to go after fast food companies by the same premise as cigarette companies were nailed, and claimed that fast food is an addiction exactly like cigarettes. Those aren't my words, those are their words.
You Don't Understand Things.

Quote:
You're just trying to spread bullshit propaganda here.
You think Healthy Choice counts as home cooking because you cook them at home.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Sarag; Sep 3, 2006 at 09:15 PM.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:11 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2006, 09:11 PM #62 of 87
it's not difficult to figure out a microwave i mean

there's 'on' and 'off' that's really it
I take offense to that as someone who prides himself on his reheating leftovers skills.

Also, Patty, I'd consider frozen dinners as reheating foods, not cooking, since all the food in those things has already been precooked. All you're doing is warming the food up, something I do whenever I bring some Subway home because their soggy buns suck (and it's bullshit when they say oven toasted, it hardly even warms the bread).

Like how my mom will give me a frozen lasagana when she comes out to visit me at school. I don't say I cooked the lasagana when I heat it up, I'm only reheating something that's already been made by someone else. But when I do my tricky ravoli-pasta bake by boiling the pasta, mixing in some sauce, arranging it in a casserole dish, layering the cheese, and baking it in the oven it's home-made.

Most amazing jew boots
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:11 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 02:11 AM #63 of 87
He beat me to it. Besides, a lot of people here are greatly exaggerating the "unhealthiness" of fast food.
Greatly exaggerated unhealthyness? For someone who claims to be informed about nutrition, you seem to be ignorant about what is unhealthy for you. Need I point you to some nutritional guides for some of the most popular fast food chains?

McDonalds nutrition facts

Lets say you order a Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal, arguably one of the most popular items on the menu. With Fries and a Coke, your looking at 45g of fat and 1100 calories. A similar meal at Burger King is even worse, totaling to 67g of fat and 1320 calories. How can you possibly say that this is healthy for you, in any way what-so-ever?

Quote:
I dunno about you, but if I had to pick between starving and eating unhealthy food, I'd eat the unhealthy food, because it's better than nothing.
This is exactly my point. What if the only reasonable choice to make for a person is to eat fast food? They knowingly provide food that is subpar in quality and nutritional value without disgreard to the effects that it can have on its customers at such a convenience and value that people are unable to stop the use of the product. They are taking advantage of the people who either have the option of eating here or eating nothing. Does this sound like the moral high road to you?

Quote:
The reason I keep bringing up cigarette companies is because that's what these lawyers have done. The lawyers claim that fast food companies are responsible in the same way that cigarette companies are responsible, claiming that fast food companies somehow made their products physically addictive. That is a blatant lie and it is very irresponsible for them to spread such false information. That's what this entire topic is about, so I don't see how I can't keep mentioning the comparison when that's what the lawyers are doing!
Are you an idiot.

You keep saying lawyers as if they are one group of people united together to fight the same cause. You do know that the lawyers who are representing the anti-tobacco lobbyists are probably not the same ones that are running suits against fast food companies. Contrary to what you are saying, they may not have the same opinion or are any at all regarding tobacco use. Thus any references or comparisons to actions brought against tobacco companies is a seperate issue and not relevant to the current issue.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 12:32 AM #64 of 87
This is exactly my point. What if the only reasonable choice to make for a person is to eat fast food? They knowingly provide food that is subpar in quality and nutritional value without disgreard to the effects that it can have on its customers at such a convenience and value that people are unable to stop the use of the product. They are taking advantage of the people who either have the option of eating here or eating nothing. Does this sound like the moral high road to you?
Fast food has only been around for, at most, fifty years. How did all of these people which are currently stuck on fast food with absolutely no other food options survive prior to the growth of fast food?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 02:45 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 02:45 AM #65 of 87
Fast food has only been around for, at most, fifty years. How did all of these people which are currently stuck on fast food with absolutely no other food options survive prior to the growth of fast food?
The world is a much different place than it was fifty years ago. Many household had woman who stayed home to take care of the children and were there to make home cooked meals. Now a days you have both parents working jobs, running kids around to various sports and activities. You have people who juggle school and full time jobs, who adhere to fast food restaurant because they are much easier and convenient than making themselves bag lunches every day. I know personally that when my days consisted of school related activities from 8am-12pm and work from 4pim-12am, I would end up having to eat some type of fast food during the day. I just didn't have time to cook myself anything.

I would venture a guess that, for the majority of people, this was not the case 50 years ago like it is now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:49 AM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 09:49 AM #66 of 87
Yeah, but also in those days people had much more home made meals and cooking took considerably longer. It's not like you need a woman home all day to bake bread, slaughter the chickens, and milk the cows. Nowadays a 30 minute trip to the grocery store takes care of all those things. And cooking doesn't necessarily take very long, just ask my favorite lady.

Hell, when I don't have time to make a meal I eat a sandwich, which is the same thing I'd be buying at a fast food restaurant. On days when I really didn't have enough time, I'd throw all the things I wanted to put on my sandwich in my backpack and make it while I was on my lunch break. Considering you have to wait for them to make your meal at a fast food place nowadays (you know, the freshness thing) it's not any longer for you to throw a few slices of roast beef on two pieces of bread than to stand in line and buy a Big Mac.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 04:43 PM #67 of 87
Greatly exaggerated unhealthyness? For someone who claims to be informed about nutrition, you seem to be ignorant about what is unhealthy for you. Need I point you to some nutritional guides for some of the most popular fast food chains?

McDonalds nutrition facts

Lets say you order a Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal, arguably one of the most popular items on the menu. With Fries and a Coke, your looking at 45g of fat and 1100 calories. A similar meal at Burger King is even worse, totaling to 67g of fat and 1320 calories. How can you possibly say that this is healthy for you, in any way what-so-ever?
The worst thing there are the fries, though. You cut the fries and you cut most of the unhealthy stuff. Fries are not physically addictive. If people are so concerned about health, they should stop eating the junk food like that. Oh, and you do realize that fries cooked at home in a Fry Daddy (gotta compare similar methods of preparation after all) are almost as unhealthy, right?

Basically, no one is forcing you to stuff your face with tons of fries. Eat a double cheeseburger. Get a filet-o-fish. Maybe try the chicken sandwich. Stay away from the junk food, and it's much better for you then.

The world is a much different place than it was fifty years ago. Many household had woman who stayed home to take care of the children and were there to make home cooked meals. Now a days you have both parents working jobs, running kids around to various sports and activities. You have people who juggle school and full time jobs, who adhere to fast food restaurant because they are much easier and convenient than making themselves bag lunches every day. I know personally that when my days consisted of school related activities from 8am-12pm and work from 4pim-12am, I would end up having to eat some type of fast food during the day. I just didn't have time to cook myself anything.

I would venture a guess that, for the majority of people, this was not the case 50 years ago like it is now.
Hmmm. So let me get this straight. You think fast food companies are responsible for all this because people don't know how to stop "ordering fries with that" and can't manage your time properly to make their own food? If you're running out of time and don't like it, make time. If you don't overflow your schedule, you won't have these problems.

You asked if this was the moral high road for fast food to offer this. I do believe there is absolutely nothing immoral about it. Let me pose this question to you, since you have so little time that you're "forced" to eat fast food. Actually, let me pose you two questions. These questions aren't actually directed at you specifically, but apply to everyone who is supposedly "forced" to eat fast food:

1. Why do you order junk sides? Why not just stick to healthier menu items? If you like fries, then it's your choice, and it's not their fault.

2. What would you do if every fast food company disappeared tomorrow? Would you starve? If not, then if you want to avoid fast food, just pretend that their restaurants don't exist, and do whatever you would be forced to do in such a situation.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:28 PM #68 of 87
Oh, this is rich. A woman who proclaims herself healthy because that's how she has to be, to be on the top of the game, is telling you to stay away from the junk food at McDonalds.

Yeah, but also in those days people had much more home made meals and cooking took considerably longer. It's not like you need a woman home all day to bake bread, slaughter the chickens, and milk the cows.
Women didn't routinely slaughter the day's roast in 1954, RR. That was the man's job

It's another false dilemma. The poor don't survive on fast food alone, but they eat it way more than normal people should*. What would people do if all the fast food places disappeared? They'd do what they do on their non-fast food days, and their kids would scream a lot more because everyone knows that to poor kids, screaming is their only passtime.

* No Patty, twice a week is not normal.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Sarag; Sep 4, 2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:46 PM Local time: Sep 4, 2006, 11:46 PM #69 of 87
The worst thing there are the fries, though. You cut the fries and you cut most of the unhealthy stuff. Fries are not physically addictive. If people are so concerned about health, they should stop eating the junk food like that. Oh, and you do realize that fries cooked at home in a Fry Daddy (gotta compare similar methods of preparation after all) are almost as unhealthy, right?

Basically, no one is forcing you to stuff your face with tons of fries. Eat a double cheeseburger. Get a filet-o-fish. Maybe try the chicken sandwich. Stay away from the junk food, and it's much better for you then.
I gave you the nutritional facts for a reason. You should actually take a look at them before you start spouting off inaccurate words. You keep saying that the fries are the most unhealthy part of the meal and that is untrue. A double cheeseburger at McDonalds has more calorie and fat content than the medium fries that come with the meal. And the Filet-O-Fish and the McChicken sandwich are nearly the same as the french fries.

This is the problem with your arguments. All of your statements are pure opinionated bullshit and every one is calling you on it. If your going to make claims here, back it up or else you will get called on for it.

Quote:
Hmmm. So let me get this straight. You think fast food companies are responsible for all this because people don't know how to stop "ordering fries with that" and can't manage your time properly to make their own food? If you're running out of time and don't like it, make time. If you don't overflow your schedule, you won't have these problems.
So are you that people who have to work full time, go to school, take care of the kids and take care of their house should just give up their lives in order to be able to cook their families meals? What do you think that they should just give up in order to cook? Maybe the shouldn't do their laundry? Maybe they should switch to part time work? I know i'm being dramatic, but I give back what I get. I suppose they might have time to heat up some sphagettios.(i.e. home cooking.)

Quote:
You asked if this was the moral high road for fast food to offer this. I do believe there is absolutely nothing immoral about it. Let me pose this question to you, since you have so little time that you're "forced" to eat fast food. Actually, let me pose you two questions. These questions aren't actually directed at you specifically, but apply to everyone who is supposedly "forced" to eat fast food:

1. Why do you order junk sides? Why not just stick to healthier menu items? If you like fries, then it's your choice, and it's not their fault.

2. What would you do if every fast food company disappeared tomorrow? Would you starve? If not, then if you want to avoid fast food, just pretend that their restaurants don't exist, and do whatever you would be forced to do in such a situation.
Please stop quoting forced. I don't rememer ever once saying that these companies were forcing anyone to eat fast food.

1. People will order value meals because they are cheaper and more cost efficent for the amount of food than buying items seperatlely. And like I pointed out above, fries are hardly the most unhealthy part of the meal.

2. Like I have been saying the entire time, it is about conveniece. It would be much more inconvenient to do any of these other options. People who are rushed for time and money will always choose the option that is easiest and most convenient for themselves. Fast food companies know this well and market towards these types of people who would be very inconvenienced by having to go to the store and make their own meals. Again, what should these people cut out of their lives? Sleep? Showering? They are taking advantage of their customers by knowingly serving products of subpar quality and unhealthy nutrition in such a way that many of their cusotmers see no other way than eat there.

Maybe not something that they should be legally held responsible for, but ehtical and moral? I think not.

I was speaking idiomatically.
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:26 AM #70 of 87
I gave you the nutritional facts for a reason. You should actually take a look at them before you start spouting off inaccurate words. You keep saying that the fries are the most unhealthy part of the meal and that is untrue. A double cheeseburger at McDonalds has more calorie and fat content than the medium fries that come with the meal. And the Filet-O-Fish and the McChicken sandwich are nearly the same as the french fries.

This is the problem with your arguments. All of your statements are pure opinionated bullshit and every one is calling you on it. If your going to make claims here, back it up or else you will get called on for it.
I have backed it up. It's not my fault you haven't read the very nutritional chart you linked to. Sure, those products have more calories, but they also have more nutrition. The only thing besides calories that fries have is Vitamin C, and very little of that compared to the number of calories; the meats, on the other hand, have several things going for them that fries do not, especially protein and calcium. So either read the information in that link before claiming that I don't, or if you already do, please check out more than just the calories and fat columns.

So are you that people who have to work full time, go to school, take care of the kids and take care of their house should just give up their lives in order to be able to cook their families meals? What do you think that they should just give up in order to cook? Maybe the shouldn't do their laundry? Maybe they should switch to part time work? I know i'm being dramatic, but I give back what I get. I suppose they might have time to heat up some sphagettios.(i.e. home cooking.)
Given that fast food also takes time, how about taking some of that time, and cutting a bit of extracurricular activities or leisure time?

Please stop quoting forced. I don't rememer ever once saying that these companies were forcing anyone to eat fast food.

1. People will order value meals because they are cheaper and more cost efficent for the amount of food than buying items seperatlely. And like I pointed out above, fries are hardly the most unhealthy part of the meal.

2. Like I have been saying the entire time, it is about conveniece. It would be much more inconvenient to do any of these other options. People who are rushed for time and money will always choose the option that is easiest and most convenient for themselves. Fast food companies know this well and market towards these types of people who would be very inconvenienced by having to go to the store and make their own meals. Again, what should these people cut out of their lives? Sleep? Showering? They are taking advantage of their customers by knowingly serving products of subpar quality and unhealthy nutrition in such a way that many of their cusotmers see no other way than eat there.

Maybe not something that they should be legally held responsible for, but ehtical and moral? I think not.
How is it at all unethical or immoral? Food is something people need to survive, and if there is a demand for a faster method of obtaining it (even if it's not truly faster), then there is nothing wrong with supplying it. It should be assumed that if short cuts are taken to make food, it won't be quite as healthy as normal food. Still, the unhealthiness, as I already said, is exaggerated, and your own link proves me right.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 06:03 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 07:03 PM #71 of 87
Jesus. Political Palace type posting in the food forums!

My personal opinion is, fast food companies like McDonald's provide a quicker and more convenient alternative to home cooking. However, I don't think they intentionally select ingredients which are more fattening. After all, you'd want to keep your customers alive for a longer time, no?

Thus, it is my opinion that any attempt at litigation is ill-advised. No one's forcing you to eat at fast food places. If the lawyers win, and the fast food places have to provide only healthy food, betcha the prices will shoot right up. Not a good thing for the majority of its customers, in a fiscal sense.

When will these Americans stop suing people willy-nilly, and start taking responsibility for themselves?

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:48 AM #72 of 87
I have backed it up. It's not my fault you haven't read the very nutritional chart you linked to. Sure, those products have more calories, but they also have more nutrition. The only thing besides calories that fries have is Vitamin C, and very little of that compared to the number of calories; the meats, on the other hand, have several things going for them that fries do not, especially protein and calcium.
I.... jesus. Do you think I'm the only one who noticed that, not only is a woman who fancies herself at the top of her game giving out advice on what's more nutritional at McDonalds, but that the word 'salad' never passes through her lips? Not to mention she's comparing apples and oranges, if she even knows what those are. The fillet o' fish (a healthier alternative!) is comparable to a double cheeseburger. Big shock there.

Like fucking calcium and protien is hard to come by in an American diet, christ almighty. Actually, I don't know. Maybe it's hard to get your daily alotment of calcium from a Healthy Choice sweet and sour chicken dinner.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Sarag; Sep 5, 2006 at 11:55 AM.
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 12:52 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 10:52 AM #73 of 87
Originally Posted by Zergrinch
When will these Americans stop suing people willy-nilly, and start taking responsibility for themselves?
When the rapture comes. It's my opinion that its human nature to deny responisbility if its convienient. Just look at the US government.

Really all this thread boils down to is PattyNBK is in denial that fast food is VERY unhealthy (even a McSalad is unhealthy by some standards when you add that chicken that's been cooking on the same grill as a burger patty (I dont care if they scrap the grease off, its still there) or put cripsy deep-fried chicken and/or bacon bits on it. Even the dressings are unhealthy. Eating once and a while, fine. Eating it once a week or more, not good (esspecially if you do not take time on the side to be active or work out).

I won't argue against the fact her original statement declared it's stupid people are suing fast food "because they MADE them get fat" (although I admit that during the time I worked at McDonalds, they pressured the employees to ask if people wanted to "large-size" their orders (we don't have "super size") or even just add an order of fries, cookies, pies or a soda.

Most amazing jew boots

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"
PattyNBK
255% Bitch, 78% Slut

Member 1397

Level 10.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:40 PM #74 of 87
I.... jesus. Do you think I'm the only one who noticed that, not only is a woman who fancies herself at the top of her game giving out advice on what's more nutritional at McDonalds, but that the word 'salad' never passes through her lips?
I don't like salads very much. What can I say about them? I don't eat like a freaking rabbit. I'm a carnivore, I like meat, it tastes good and is good for you. Salads may be great for really overweight people who are trying to lose a lot, but for someone who's athletic and works out a lot, salads are really . . . well . . . unfulfilling. Maybe you need to eat salads, but I don't.

Not to mention she's comparing apples and oranges, if she even knows what those are. The fillet o' fish (a healthier alternative!) is comparable to a double cheeseburger. Big shock there.

Like fucking calcium and protien is hard to come by in an American diet, christ almighty. Actually, I don't know. Maybe it's hard to get your daily alotment of calcium from a Healthy Choice sweet and sour chicken dinner.
The point was that there is nutrition in that food. The point is that it's not as unhealthy as portrayed around here. You see, all the news you get about fast food being fattening is usually considering the average meal bought at these places. Yeah, if you get a number whatever with a regular soda and fries, that's gonna be really unhealthy and fattening. I don't order that crap, I only order the sandwiches. Big difference there.

Good grief were you born this stupid?

Originally Posted by Koneko
Eating once and a while, fine. Eating it once a week or more, not good (esspecially if you do not take time on the side to be active or work out).
That is the big thing right there. Right there, "if you do not take time on the side to be active or work out". That is the problem with most Americans: they're lazy! Always making excuses and blaming other people for their own problems that they've brought upon themselves.

I can eat fast food once or twice a week because I work out extensively. Maybe I'm just weird, but my well-being is the top priority for me. If I wanna indulge myself food-wise with something a little less healthy, I make up for it later by working it off. If I can do it, while working full time, why can't other people? Lazy lazy lazy!

Americans always wanna play the blame game and I'm sick of it! People need to starting taking responsibility! I don't feel at all sorry for anyone who eats himself or herself fat; as it goes, "you reap what you sow". If people want a change, that starts from within, not by suing McDonald's!

Most amazing jew boots

gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:52 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 12:52 PM #75 of 87
I don't like salads very much. What can I say about them? I don't eat like a freaking rabbit. I'm a carnivore, I like meat, it tastes good and is good for you. Salads may be great for really overweight people who are trying to lose a lot, but for someone who's athletic and works out a lot, salads are really . . . well . . . unfulfilling. Maybe you need to eat salads, but I don't.
So you're saying that you don't need to eat vegetables at all because you're "athletic". What planet do you live on? Everyone needs vegetables in his/her life to be healthy.

How ya doing, buddy?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Lawyers going after fast food...