Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Which best describes your purchasing habits?
Brand names are the only way to go. 3 10.00%
Exploration is the key to discovery. 15 50.00%
Less money on teh groceries is mo money in mah pocketz! Mah pantz pocketz! 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Brand shopping habits and you

ziggythecat
I like Chocolate Milk

Member 8650

Level 10.49

Jun 2006

Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:22 PM Local time: Feb 11, 2009, 02:22 PM #26 of 32
I'll go generic on most things but here are the brand name must have's for me:

Breakstone's Cottage Cheese
Sargento Vermont Sharp White Cheddar deli slices

There's nowhere I can't reach.
I like your booty but I'm not gay.
Ernge Juice

Vetamin See

Member 32956

Level 4.85

Feb 2009

Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:59 PM #27 of 32
The good old saying "Moms buy Jif." (even though i am not a mom and never could be)

Usually the only think I have to buy name brand is peanut butter. I usually find quality products that are off brand when I'm not in a hurry.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ic_ic_ic
Bach-o-matic

Member 24558

Level 7.77

Sep 2007

Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:06 AM #28 of 32
1: I've never been to Japan to have a basis for comparison.

2: I drink Vitamin D milk, which is pretty strong stuff no matter from whom it's purchased. It's the 2% and skim milks that seem to suffer more between brands.

3: In upstate NY, most milk comes from the same dairy farms, so even though the labels are different, most times it's the same thing. It's like in-store tomato paste: it may have a boring label but if you read the fine print, you'll see it was made by Hunt's anyhow, so why pay more?

The jap are known to produce product of distinctive "wow"-ness. Like WII, in the diary aisle there is this hokkaiddo milk which has an very concentrated milk favor.

speaking of groceries, since i live in asia, i would like to report that in the heaven of counterfeit items(China).....the state of the art product of the week is, chemically produced fake EGGs, which can bounce like a tennis ball, is sold in store as the real Mccoy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ExoXile
[兵]

Member 15320

Level 7.53

Nov 2006

Old Feb 24, 2009, 09:43 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2009, 04:43 AM #29 of 32
I almost always test the cheap ones first.
But bran names are usually best.

Tried a cheaper brand of canned tuna once, but found a fin it so I immediately went back to the brand name.

So aye, I buy what works but most often that is brand name stuff.

I was speaking idiomatically.

[-Dulled Blades Can be Sharpened-]
Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:58 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2009, 09:58 PM #30 of 32
Unfortunately compulsively cheap. If there's a brand name I'll always avoid it if there's an alternative available. I've spent time dickering over the 12 cents vs 15 cents ramen. Even if its horrible I'll usually suffer it a couple times just to see if I can take the pain and "get used to it". Or I'll try another store until I find a cheap store version that's a passable imitation. Actually purchasing the name brand is almost always a last resort, and usually reserved for products where there is simply no other alternative, or the off-brands induce physical illness.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:51 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 12:51 AM #31 of 32
I usually head straight for the major brands, since I can usually only see a 10-cent difference in price a lot of the time, but when I'm feeling a bit short on cash, I look at the other alternatives more closely. I don't buy off-brand cookies, for one. Those forever-cookies are bad enough with brand names, and the generic versions taste like cardboard. Generic baking ingredients are cool, as I really can't taste the difference between brands of white granulated sugar and such. I do sample cheaper brands though, and if I like them, I get those instead of the brand names. Store-brand pop, for example, isn't all that bad. Meijer's cream soda is amazing refrigerated. It's right up there next to Pepper and Barq's. <3

SARGENTO'S LIGHT STRING CHEESE IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO.

FELIPE NO
Timberwolf8889
To the darkness of time!

Member 33139

Level 17.22

Mar 2009

Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:36 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2009, 08:36 PM #32 of 32
I love discovering new food, I really do but since I'm a student my spirit of adventure is a bit suffocated. When I go home though...ah...my trips to the supermarket make me feel like I just might be content with becoming a jiggly jiggly man.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Brand shopping habits and you