Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Chipotle Thread

samari
Psychedelic.

Member 742

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:19 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 04:19 PM #26 of 49
I meant the regular beef, my bad. I've had the barbacoa, never knew it even existed until I tried it at Chipotle, and it's a bit spicy for me. Doesn't mean that I don't like it though, I just have to be in the mood for it.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

And thanks for stopping by.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:25 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 06:25 PM #27 of 49
Originally Posted by Acacia
Did you guys know that, if you're a student (college, middle, high school, etc.), you get a free drink if you show them your ID?
It is like that here in Tucson for the Chipotle on campus. I've tried it at the one closest to my house (also furthest away from campus) and they've said no. They used to give you a small size cup, but now they give you the little tiny one you get if you ask for just a glass for water.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
and Brandy does her best to understand
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:33 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 05:33 PM #28 of 49
Originally Posted by Acacia
Did you guys know that, if you're a student (college, middle, high school, etc.), you get a free drink if you show them your ID?

At least, that's how it is in Colorado. Saves ya a couple of bucks, and I think refills are free as well!
That's interesting. I've never heard of that before, and I'm not sure the Chipotle around the corner gives free drinks. It's only five minutes away from the university, but I guess it's worth trying anyway.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:28 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 09:28 PM #29 of 49
I swear to god, everytime I go there, the line is going out the door and people are waiting in the blistering cold. Well, it's not SO cold anymore (Minnesota), but that's how much of a dedicated crowd Chipotle has got going for them. I’m proud to be one of them.

I guess I’ll have to try out that DSL service I always see them advertising.

I've heard it's some of the unhealthiest fast food that you can get, but I've also heard that because everything is so fresh, that it isn't so bad for you. I can’t navigate their webpage for shit. Granted, I haven’t really tried that hard, but I haven’t been able to bring up any real nutrition facts. I wonder?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 06:52 PM #30 of 49
I've found that there aren't very many people in the mornings on weekdays. During weekday evenings, lots of college students tend to hang out at the one around the corner from here.

As for nutrition facts, have you tried this?

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php...ion_calculator

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ragnarokesper
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2445

Level 1.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 12:31 AM #31 of 49
I used to love to go to Chipotle's last year, when there was one nearby. I probalby went at least twice a month. At that time I didn't eat out all that much. I love the food there. Carnitas tacos were always my favorite.

Since then, I've moved to a different location, and there isn't a close one nearby. Traffic is always terrible in the evenings when I would go, so I've been sticking close to home. But one in a while I still like to go, and munch on a burrito bol (carnitas-style) with a tortilla on the side. Mmm... tortillas.

Anyways, I thought the food there was fairly healthy compared to some of the other fast food places (McD's, In'n'Out). But I just checked out Rydia's link - it turns out it wasn't as healthy as I thought it was. Maybe I should trying to eat there as often as I can.

Originally Posted by Rydia
That's interesting. I've never heard of that before, and I'm not sure the Chipotle around the corner gives free drinks. It's only five minutes away from the university, but I guess it's worth trying anyway.
Well, I've abused my student discount whenever I visited. A student ahead of me one day got a free drink, so I asked about it. It was simple as that. It's good to know that they care about giving students free sodas.

FELIPE NO
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:10 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 04:10 AM #32 of 49
Chipotle is great. I have no clue when I started going there (it randomly replaced a Boston Market store in my hometown), but I'm sure glad it did. It's a great deal for the amount of food you get (plus a free drink with student ID, which I adore), and it's healthy... at least, more so than typical fast food.

Originally Posted by BlueMikey
1) fajita burrito with rice (two scoops), chicken, corn, sour cream, cheese
2) burrito with rice (two scoops), pinto, chicken, corn, sour cream, cheese
I'm always too much of a wuss to ask for two scoops of rice. I'd love two scoops, but then I go..."what if they say no?" Then that presents to me a truly awkward and somewhat miserable situation. Eh!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 08:14 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 09:14 PM #33 of 49
"I'm Asian, just give me my rice okay"

Alas, no Chipotle anywhere on this island, but McDonald's recently started offering burgers with rice instead of buns. Eat healthy!

Not

Jam it back in, in the dark.
aznanimedude
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2523

Level 1.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:05 AM #34 of 49
lol even though i'm a little 5'5'' azn, i can still eat like 5 of those burritoes XD i eat alot and i LOVE CHIPOTLE

How ya doing, buddy?
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:29 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:29 PM #35 of 49
Jesus Christ I'd never even heard of this place until just now. It sounds fucking delicious though. I live in the far northern forested areas of California, any restaurants around here?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Acacia
Chocobo

Member 1401

Level 12.13

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:03 PM #36 of 49
Using Rydia's link, I found out that the kind of burrito I usually get is 1322 calories with 54 grams of fat

But! It's still delicious X0;;

Quote:
Jesus Christ I'd never even heard of this place until just now. It sounds fucking delicious though. I live in the far northern forested areas of California, any restaurants around here?
If you check out their homepage, they have an interactive map with store locations and whatnot.

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 11:42 PM #37 of 49
Originally Posted by Sakabadger
I'm always too much of a wuss to ask for two scoops of rice. I'd love two scoops, but then I go..."what if they say no?" Then that presents to me a truly awkward and somewhat miserable situation. Eh!
They never say no. They never say no to anything you want to put on your burrito, the only thing is that they will inform you it is more expensive to get extra meat (I don't know how anyone could have more meat) or guac. I think they might also charge extra for double beans, but I've never seen anyone order that before.

How ya doing, buddy?
Atomic Duck
Bunny Eat World!

Member 1407

Level 8.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:52 PM #38 of 49
mmmm... Chipotle... =o~~~~

The closest Chipotle to me is about a half an hour away up past Akron, so I hardly ever get to go there =/ They need to build one down in the Jackson/Belden area. But back when I worked up in Fairlawn I ate at Chipotle 5 times a week. Literally every I was up there xp

I always get a fajita burrito with pinto beans, steak, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, rice, and the green salsa (I forget it's name xp), and I like to get a side of nachos with the mild salsa (it goes better with chips than the other salsas)

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 03:13 PM #39 of 49
There's two Chipotles around my campus (College Park, MD). One is right by some on-campus housing, so it's always crowded since it's an easy walk away. The other one requires a bit of driving, but it's less populater; so it's usually where I go at least once a week.

How ya doing, buddy?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Yunnie
Mizzou Tiger

Member 728

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 05:24 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 04:24 PM #40 of 49
Seeing this thread again just reminds me that I haven't eaten at Chipotle's for almost a week now. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday will be the good day to pay my visit to there, lol. I'm dying to get a Fajita Burrito just like last time, with extra guacamole and sour cream... yum...

How ya doing, buddy?
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 05:04 PM #41 of 49
Chipotle is awesome, but I can't imagine going there more than 3 times a week and still being able to pay the bills... ;_;

I really wish they had them in Oklahoma, though.

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 06:11 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 03:11 PM #42 of 49
What if you ordered so much extra shit on your burrito that they couldn't wrap it up? What would they do then? Has anyone done this?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 07:20 PM #43 of 49
The extra rice does that for me sometimes. They do their best, but when you open up the wrapper, everything just falls out.

Chipotle is good with a fork too.

I had Chipotle tonight: 2 scoops of rice, pinto, chicken, corn, sour cream, cheese and, since I didn't have lunch, chips with hot salsa. My burrito exploded since it was so full and I used the chips to scoop up what fell out.

How ya doing, buddy?
Elidibs
deeder deeder deeder deeder

Member 1308

Level 12.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:26 PM #44 of 49
I sometimes go there when I go to Orlando. None in Sarasota or Venice. Sad! ;__;! I usually get a soft burrito with spicy beef. In fact, I think that's the only type I ever get.

cuss words
stormshadow
Syklis Green

Member 171

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:26 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 09:26 PM #45 of 49
Steak or chicken fajita bowls all te way.

I love eating there and am usually there 2-3 times a week. Just a couple of blocks from where I work, and it beats eating hamburgers and fries all the time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:31 PM Local time: Mar 14, 2006, 11:31 PM #46 of 49
Freebirds >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chipotle....just FYI for those who havnt tried it...oh yeah, and Steak anything owns any thing chicken at chipotle, ANYTHING. I love them both, buy yeah, if you havnt tried Freebirds, go for it! Unwrap your very own monster :-p

Yunnie
Mizzou Tiger

Member 728

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 02:45 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 01:45 AM #47 of 49
If you had too much stuff in your burrito, then they will try to wrap it up with two layers, lol. (my aunt likes to put everything in there, that's why)
And yay for me--- I finally went to Chipotle's for lunch today. I had Fajita Burrito and spicy salsa (me love spicy food). I feel like I'm alive again after having their guacamole.

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 03:51 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 01:51 AM #48 of 49
Originally Posted by Yunnie
If you had too much stuff in your burrito, then they will try to wrap it up with two layers, lol.
What?! I've never seen that happen, even when everything gets put in there. How exactly do you accomplish such a feat? Do she ask them to?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Yunnie
Mizzou Tiger

Member 728

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:43 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 10:43 PM #49 of 49
My aunt likes to put almost everything in there, so once the wrap broke and they didn't know what to do. So my aunt asked 'em if they could wrap it around with another layer. And since my aunt visits Chipotle often, they got to a point that they know what she wants already, lol.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > The Chipotle Thread