Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gonzales: Judges unfit to rule on terror policy

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:39 AM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 02:39 AM #1 of 2

If this goes in Political Palace, move it as needed:

Attorney general says federal jurists should defer to president's will

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Alberto Gonzales says federal judges are unqualified to make rulings affecting national security policy, ramping up his criticism of how they handle terrorism cases.

In remarks prepared for delivery Wednesday, Gonzales says judges generally should defer to the will of the president and Congress when deciding national security cases. He also raps jurists who “apply an activist philosophy that stretches the law to suit policy preferences.”
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id//16668110/

I know news websites tend to exaggerate or take out of context things said by politicians, but this is truly frightening at what Mr. Gonzales is suggesting. Thoughts?

Only part that made sense was at the bottom of the article:
Quote:
Even so, Gonzales characterized efforts to retaliate against unpopular rulings as misguided, noting a failed South Dakota proposal to sue or jail judges for making unpopular court decisions. He also called for Congress to consider increasing the number of federal judges to handle heavy workloads, and to offer them higher salaries to lure and keep the best jurists on the bench.
I can't put my finger on it, but something is missing. Regardless, he did say that the judges should defer to the president's will. Last time I checked, the system of Checks and Balances was still in effect.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Dark Nation; Jan 18, 2007 at 05:29 AM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 05:01 AM #2 of 2

I AM ABOVE THE LAW

(Sorry, is it too much to suggest our Attorney General is EXTREMELY LIBERAL?)

Dark Nation: Checks and Balances fell out of favor with this administration in 2002.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Gonzales: Judges unfit to rule on terror policy