Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Thread about Xbox 360 AAA titles (rolleyes)
Closed Thread

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 04:10 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2007, 10:10 AM #1 of 11
Thread about Xbox 360 AAA titles (rolleyes)

Given that the 360 version will most likley be the best selling version of GTAIV.
Yeah umm no kidding

Do you have any idea how many people are just waiting for a good reason (i.e. a good game) to finally get a PS3? They don't care about the price. This entire "omg PS3 is too expensive" discussion is stupid. Take a 360, add a larger HD and a nextgen DVD player, and you have 600 bucks as well.

I mean, people still wonder why the PS3 is selling so badly. Big fucking surprise if nothing's on the game market. There is the bunch of retards like me who've already bought a PS3, and there's the group of potential buyers that are still waiting for a good reason to buy one. What Rockstar is doing here doesn't really help the situation at all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 04:30 AM 1 #2 of 11
Yeah umm no kidding

Do you have any idea how many people are just waiting for a good reason (i.e. a good game) to finally get a PS3? They don't care about the price. This entire "omg PS3 is too expensive" discussion is stupid. Take a 360, add a larger HD and a nextgen DVD player, and you have 600 bucks as well.

I mean, people still wonder why the PS3 is selling so badly. Big fucking surprise if nothing's on the game market. There is the bunch of retards like me who've already bought a PS3, and there's the group of potential buyers that are still waiting for a good reason to buy one. What Rockstar is doing here doesn't really help the situation at all.
people also buy consoles that are the cheapest when it comes to Multi-platform games. As much as I hate to say it, Exclusitivity among games is what sells consoles. Given that the PS3 game lineup for this fall/winter is horribly mundane and the 360 has about 10+ AAA games dropping for it this fall as well as the Wii having quite a few as well. This christmas; the 360 and the Wii will move far more units then the PS3.

So when GTAIV comes around in Q2 2008; Most people are going to opt for the version of the game on a console they own. MGS4 will get people on the fence to buy a PS3 because of it's exclusitivity. GTAIV will get a few people to buy a PS3, but most people will opt for the cheapest system or buying the game for a console they already own.

Their is also quite a few people who own both systems who will opt for the 360 version; myself included. I own all 3 systems, but when it comes to Multi-platform games between the PS3 and 360; i always opt for the 360 version.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 06:46 AM #3 of 11
I'd love to hear these 10+ AAA games the 360 is getting before Christmas. Haze and Unreal Tournament 3 are both going there next year, the PS3 is getting them in time for Christmas though, not the 360. Unless you mean multi-platform games but even then I can't think of 10 worthwhile ones really.

To sum up my very vague point, neither console is doing that great this Fall (plenty of the games people really want are going to get delayed, I guarantee you) but the 360 does have the overall advantage. I'm just not sure where this 'ten AAA titles' nonsense comes from. I'm genuinely curious.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen

Last edited by Forsety; Aug 3, 2007 at 06:57 AM.
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 07:22 AM #4 of 11
1. H3
2. Bioshock
3. Blue Dragon
4. Eternal Sonata
5. Lost Odyssey
6. Mass effect
7. Ace combat VI
8. Beautiful Katamari
9. World in Conflict
10. Splinter Cell: conviction

these are just 10 titles of the top of my head that are all exclusive to the 360 this fall and all will draw considerable attention to the 360.

Now lets look at what the PS3 has

1. Lair
2. Heavenly Sword
3. Ratchet and Clank: ToD
4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
5. Folklore

Compared to the 360 list, none of the PS3 exclusives besides R&C look all that impressive to me. I'm holding off touching Haze or UT3 until the 360 version drops due to the shittiness of the PSN when compared to Live.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Iwata; Aug 3, 2007 at 07:25 AM.
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 07:35 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2007, 02:35 PM #5 of 11
Meh, let's not start this console warrior stuff in a GTA IV thread. It's the same discussion we've already had several times in the PS3 thread, no point in repeating it again.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 09:01 AM 1 #6 of 11
Iwata, you're such a fanboy.

-Angel Rings
-Eight days
-EyeDentify
-Fifth Phantom Saga
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII
-Folks Soul
-God of War 3
-Gradius
-Grand Turismo 5
-Haze
-Heavenly Sword
-Hot Shots Golf 5
-Infamous
-Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
-Killzone 2
-Lair
-Little Big Planet
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam World
-Monster Hunter 3
-My Singstar
-Ni-Oh
-Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
-Redwood Falls
-Shin Megami Tensei
-Socom 4
-Tekken 6
-The Eye of Judgment
-The Getaway
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
-WarDevil Enigma
-Warhawk
-White Knight Story
-Wipeout

Now let's look at what games the 360 has for '08... whoops, looks like MS forgot to have big titles for '08. What a bunch of screw ups they are.

However Aardark is right. Pretty much anything and everything that could possibly be mentions here has already been mentioned in the PS3 thread. So just look for the poit that you were going to make in that thread and then jusy read from there to see the outcome.

Even the above list of mine can be found there.

P.S.
Beautiful Katamari, someone was scraping the bottom of the barrel to make the list when they chose to include a marketplace game.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Slayer X; Aug 3, 2007 at 09:04 AM.
Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 09:53 AM #7 of 11
Mass Effect is almost certain to be delayed again too... it's Bioware we're talking about here. I'll drop it though, I just wanted to see what games he had in mind because 10 is an awfully big number. I got my response. Let's all go back to bitching and moaning about GTA4 being delayed now!

How ya doing, buddy?
Romhacking.net PSN: Kyuuen XBL: Kyuuen
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 10:10 AM #8 of 11
Meh if it makes it run better. I'm tired of the GTA games always looking and running like ass, looks like Rockstar is actually going to market and care about the quality of the game this time instead of just relying on the fact that it's GTA to sell it. About time.

In conclusion, there's enough big games coming out this year that I'm sure everyone will easily be able to keep entertained until GTAIV comes out. Just go play RockBand or something.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Iwata
Jaysis

Member 205

Level 22.32

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 10:44 AM #9 of 11
Beautiful Katamari, someone was scraping the bottom of the barrel to make the list when they chose to include a marketplace game.
Like always you are spouting pure bullshit. If you actually kept up on the news you'd know the whole XBLA katamari rumour has been debunked and it is soley a retail game. Although you come parading into this thread in traditional Slayer fashion that has gracefully garnered you the reputation of head joker of the gaming forums; you shun Katamari has a worthless game because it is no longer on your precious PS triple.

That Copy and Paste list of yours also has very little bearing on the discussion at hand given that more then 3/4's of those games you've listed don't come out for at least another year at minimum and quite a few of the games themselves haven't even been annouced and are just pure speculation on your part. As if you knew how to read, you'd know the discussion on my part was simply providing a list as to why i thought the new GTAIV release date was better for the games overall sales given the competition it had to deal with when it had it's original launch date in october.

But of course. Instead, you just look for any sentence that has Microsoft and Sony in the same sentence and automatically your " PS3 rules, 360 sucks " rant switch flips into engage mode and you proceed to spew forth so much horeshit that it makes politicians jealous.

This thread was about GTAIV until you came in here, spewing your crap and forcing everyone to look at your speculated list of blockbustas.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Iwata; Aug 3, 2007 at 10:47 AM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:07 AM #10 of 11
I wasn't the one who brought up the topic of 360 VS PS3 here. It was already in the works when the topic of what console has the better AAA games was brought up by yourself and Forsety.

"Given that the PS3 game lineup for this fall/winter is horribly mundane and the 360 has about 10+ AAA games dropping ..."

I know that you didn't bring up the sidcussion on your own and that the topic sort of crept in, but you shared your part too, don't go trying to blame it on me because Aardark commented on the situation before I ever got here.

As for the Katamari incident on my part, it's kind of hard for me to say that it's my fault entirely seeing how each site has a totally different story on the game. Some sites like IGN were still saying that it's still coming out for PS3 during E3 '07. (Also I've never liked Katamari that much even on the PS2, so my dislike of the came is not console specific.)

P.S.
Only 3 games on the list of mine have not been announced. Don't forget that announced and unveiled are two seperate things.

This is all I'm going to say about the matter. Because I don't want to get a warning, I'm not going to continue on this topic. I will only say anything if it's on GTAIV alright. So you can either A) Continue on publicly ranting on about what you think of me. OR B) PM me if you REALLY want to continue this discussion.

Otherwise I'm done here.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Slayer X; Aug 3, 2007 at 11:11 AM.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 12:24 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2007, 11:24 AM #11 of 11
To post a large list of stuff that contains some just as "questionable things" as Katamari, like Singstar and Hot SHots Golf, and some unannounced shit, and then proceed to ignore some shit like Burnout Paradise, Too Human, and Alan Wake, makes you like just as huge a fanboy as you accuse Iwata of being. But that's completely beside the point.

Perhaps this last page of responses should be split off. This is a pointless circlejerk debate that we've had umpteen million times that just churns my stomach. Can we just move the fuck on here?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Thread about Xbox 360 AAA titles (rolleyes)