Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Panel de Pon DS: The best damn DS game evah

Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 03:53 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 05:53 PM 1 #1 of 64
Panel de Pon DS: The best damn DS game evah

Is coming... oh my god is coming AT LAST.

PANEL DE PON DS

The best damn puzzle game ever created (with Tetris and Puyo Puyo) is coming to Nintendo DS... sadly too simple visuals (why Nintendo and specially Intelligent Systems hates Lip and her friends so much?) but this got Wi-Fi, so im completely sold. More info on Famitsu.

If you love Tetris Attack or Pokemon Puzzle League you know why im talking about.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 04:02 PM #2 of 64
Omg, I would have just came if this was Tetris Attack DS. I know the gameplay is exactly the same, but the chain shouts and colourful visuals are what made the game for me. Nonetheless I'll still check this out, especially since I didn't know this was coming out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:43 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 03:43 PM #3 of 64
Awwww... why do they make Panel de Pon so generic-looking in recent remakes? ;_;

The major upside (aside from Panel de Pon being on the DS in the first place) is that there's Wi-Fi. Is there any word on how many players the Wi-Fi supports for multiplayer?

Also, no link?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:47 PM #4 of 64
That is somewhat disappointing that they never include the original characters from the game in these ports/remakes. I'm not sure if I'll get this one or not since I got Dr. Mario/Puzzle League but hardly play it since I play Tetris DS instead. Although those colors and backgrounds do look pretty nice, so I'll have to stew on this one for awhile.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:01 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 04:01 PM #5 of 64
As long as it plays like muhfuggin' Tetris Attack, I don't rightly care what it looks like.

And if it does, the wi-fi makes this the best game of all time. I've been calling for NWC Tetris Attack since the DS came out. Buying at least twenty-seven copies.

Wondering what those special blocks on the left screen are: the arrow and squares.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:35 PM #6 of 64
Best WiFi game ever? Possibly. When's the expected release date?

How ya doing, buddy?
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:23 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 06:23 PM #7 of 64
Wondering what those special blocks on the left screen are: the arrow and squares.
I think it's just the button to make the stack raise higher.

That said, oh CHRIST IN HEAVEN YES I LOVE PANEL DE PON. Please, oh pleeeease let these screenshots be a beta... there's no reason this shouldn't be as fleshed-out and extensive as Tetris DS was, with all sorts of characters and things and many multiplayer options...

Stop being mean to Lip, Nintendo I love Lip...

FELIPE NO

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Feb 22, 2007 at 04:48 PM.
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:25 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 09:25 PM #8 of 64
No puzzle game will ever be as good as Tetris Attack. If they would have remade that instead of this strange sterile Panel de Pon version, I might have bought a DS.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:35 PM Local time: Feb 22, 2007, 02:35 PM #9 of 64
<3 Tetris Attack is the epitome of a fun, addictive game to me. Once I played it once I just couldn't put the controller down. It's the more fun equivalent of Brain Age; this requires some pretty quick thinking at the speed up times, especially when the big blocks were added. Beating Bowser sure felt satisfying.

Despite the poor graphics , I think this game looks promising. Promising as long as the game has a good multiplayer option. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for this one.

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:44 PM Local time: Feb 21, 2007, 09:44 PM #10 of 64
Best WiFi game ever? Possibly. When's the expected release date?
The page linked in the OP says Aprll 26.

I think it's just the button to make the stack raise higher.
Oh, hah, not the blue button. Yeah, I'm sure that raises the stack. I was talking about these blocks circled in black:

Maybe they drop blocks or raise the stack on the opponent.

Undertale (PC, 2015)
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:55 AM #11 of 64
Blah 2 months more
I can honestly say that Tetris Attack is probably the only game I have truly mastered. I can't wait to face people on Wifi, and those (hopefully) special effect looking blocks will add even more of a twist to the gameplay. I can settle for no characters if there's at least chain sounds. Having no reward for long chains is sort of disheartening.

Lunge Fish and Seren for the win!

Last edited by Summonmaster; Feb 22, 2007 at 02:07 AM.
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:01 AM Local time: Feb 22, 2007, 01:01 AM #12 of 64
I really do hope they add some characters to the game and not just make this sterile and lifeless. If Lip and her friends were in the game that would make this the first game I'd ever import.

Unless they manage to pull a Tetrisphere and load the stages with asskicking techno and surreal animated backgrounds.

Maybe they drop blocks or raise the stack on the opponent.
*Gasp* Super specials! Maybe they give you a "super" ability where you're able to literally DRAW IN the garbage blocks on your opponent's field...

Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 03:36 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 09:36 AM #13 of 64
I'm rather anoyed that IS seem to want to cover the fact that Panel De Pon had faries in it and basicly trashed the whole deal after Puzzle League.

BTB, if they name it puzzle league again so help me...

All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 05:33 PM #14 of 64
HOOOOOLY CRAP

Man, throw this on top of the stack of 10-15 games that make me really want a DS. This and Tetris DS especially, I could waste away the rest of my life playing those two online.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 04:27 PM #15 of 64
They should just make it a Tetris Attack remake or something already. Thanks to that game, I know the name of more Mario characters. Had it not been for them, I would still be wondering what the hell the name of that dude in the cloud is. :|

But i'd get this in a heartbeat if it had Wi-Fi.

FELIPE NO
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 01:46 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 12:46 AM #16 of 64
They should just make it a Tetris Attack remake or something already.
Please tell me you're fucking joking. This IS that game, except it's called Panel de Pon. "Tetris Attack" is simply the americanized remake of it with yoshi instead of the original fairy characters.

Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 02:19 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 03:19 AM #17 of 64
It's about time this game showed up. Though it won't really make a difference to me, a domestic release would be nice. However, Picross DS hasn't showed up outside of Japan yet, so I don't know if this one will.

But i'd get this in a heartbeat if it had Wi-Fi.
It does have Wi-Fi.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 02:51 AM #18 of 64
Please tell me you're fucking joking. This IS that game, except it's called Panel de Pon. "Tetris Attack" is simply the americanized remake of it with yoshi instead of the original fairy characters.
I'm aware that Panel de Pon is Tetris Attack. I mean, they'd probably get more buyers from puzzle fans if they had recognizable characters going along with it. :| Hell, it's probably one reason I got Tetris Attack on the GameBoy when I was little. I never looked back from there... But when I bought Puzzle League on the GBA, I was bored because there wasn't too much visual appeal going on.

Either way, leaving it as-is is making the game look bland in the first place.

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 08:10 AM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 07:10 AM #19 of 64
Why can't they just leave Lip and her friends in? Isn't that what Sega did with Puyo Pop? They left all the squealing "yatta"-shouting cutesy girls in and it did fine. What exactly are they scared of?

Kesubei
Puzzle Person

Member 971

Level 17.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:23 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 01:23 PM #20 of 64
That sort of thing doesn't appeal to everyone. Much like Picross DS, it seems like Nintendo is mostly aiming for people who probably wouldn't recognize those characters anyway. I personally think it would add charm to the games if they had put some characters in, but the population at large probably doesn't want Mario or MoƩ with their puzzles.

scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:31 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 09:31 AM #21 of 64
It would be sweet if they made a collection of both Panel de Pon and Tetris Attack. Everyone would be happy, except maybe the Pokemon fans.

Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 04:24 PM #22 of 64
While I'm not much for Lip and the other 7 fairies, I loved all the characters of Tetris Attack. Right now Panel de Pon DS is looking terribly bland in comparison to the encouraging squeaks from Wiggler and the joyful giggle of Bumpty. Of course I can live with even just some sound effect indicators. That'd al so be neat if this became like Lumines or whatever in which you have a sound for each time you switch panels, clear, and chain, ie. different skins!

Most amazing jew boots
PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 09:55 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 08:55 PM #23 of 64
That sort of thing doesn't appeal to everyone.
Well then EVERYONE IS STUPID!!!!!!!

FELIPE NO
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:30 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 08:30 PM #24 of 64
Why can't they just leave Lip and her friends in? Isn't that what Sega did with Puyo Pop? They left all the squealing "yatta"-shouting cutesy girls in and it did fine. What exactly are they scared of?

Because those characters are terrible. I do wish they stuck with the Yoshi's Island cast. I was disapointed to see this game released as Pokemon Puzzle League and the Puzzle League/Dr. Mario combo is classic Attack, yet lacks the charm. The music wasn't memorable and didn't have the reconizable characters that just gave it that extra something.

I'm sure I'll get this but it just isn't exciting now. Long live Tetris Attack!

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 11:03 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2007, 02:03 PM #25 of 64
Sega ruined Puyo Pop with all the stupid characters screaming non-stop. Move a single blob and the girl's all "READY STEADY GO LIGHTNING BOLT WOOPEE TORNADO BOWEL CANCER VICTORY!"

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Panel de Pon DS: The best damn DS game evah