Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

eHarmony.

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:07 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:07 PM #251 of 317
So is the argument still that dating sites are superior to meeting people in person, or is the argument now that you shouldn't be hating on people who try to save time by having their computer tabulate matches for them?

I want to make an argument about how more efficiency isn't necessarily better for society, but that's sort of another topic entirely.

Quote:
Posted by Minion
Who gives a damn how someone behaves anyway? It's their thoughts that matter. At least that's how I feel.
Married couples do, actually. People's little idiosyncratic habits have been the doom of many a marriage. Couples aren't just a pair of robots that beam thoughts at one another and occasionally have sex. People have odd little quirks, and while they might be individually tolerable, added up they can produce a surprising amount of friction once the infatuation fades.

This is the sort of thing you don't get to pick up on, just chatting with someone over instant messenger. Someone who seems interesting solely through the medium of text can very quickly grow unappealing when you get a chance to see how they behave in person. Like I said, personal habits and body language speak volumes about a person, beyond the words coming out of their mouth.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:40 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 02:40 AM #252 of 317
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
And I would put money on the fact that the people on eHarmony don't have that knowledge, considering they're on eHarmony looking for people like themselves.
Wrong. Your profile is is there for other people to filter out, and their profile is there for you to filter out. eHarmony doesn't match people who have the same interests, so much as it matches you with people that you say you'll like.

Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Sure, you eventually MEET the person and work in ONE DIRECTION, but you never really get any EXPERIENCE with people.
Here we go again with your bullshit argument that it doesn't give you experience. Experience with people is SEPERATE from trying to find someone to be with. Someone who uses eHarmony may go out to bars all the time and make friends, find out what they like about people, blah blah blah. eHarmony is for the specific purpose of finding a significant other, not for socializing and making friends and finding out what you like in someone.

In fact the argument can be made that people who use eHarmony already have experience, and have moved beyond that phase. They already know what they enjoy in someone and what they don't. If someone signs up for it without that experience, just assuming they know what they want, then yes they're socially inept and being dumb. But as for the number of people who do this, I don't know. You seem to think it's 90% of the people on there, a number which came from the part of your ass labeled "Sassafacts". I think it's more likely that people who sign up already tried traditional random-dating and didn't find anyone, thus they already have that experience and know what they want and don't want in a relationship.

Now if you disagree, PLEASE give me your definition of "experience," because it must be different than mine, and thus retarded and incorrect.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:58 PM #253 of 317
Originally Posted by FallDragon
Wrong. Your profile is is there for other people to filter out, and their profile is there for you to filter out. eHarmony doesn't match people who have the same interests, so much as it matches you with people that you say you'll like.
What does this even have to do with what I said, jackass.

Quote:
Here we go again with your bullshit argument that it doesn't give you experience. Experience with people is SEPERATE SEPARATE from trying to find someone to be with.
Someone who uses eHarmony may go out to bars all the time and make friends, find out what they like about people, blah blah blah. eHarmony is for the specific purpose of finding a significant other, not for socializing and making friends and finding out what you like in someone.[/quote]
We all know what eHarmony is for, jackass.

Quote:
In fact the argument can be made that people who use eHarmony already have experience, and have moved beyond that phase. They already know what they enjoy in someone and what they don't. If someone signs up for it without that experience, just assuming they know what they want, then yes they're socially inept and being dumb. But as for the number of people who do this, I don't know.
I see you're speaking from inexperience!

Quote:
You seem to think it's 90% of the people on there, a number which came from the part of your ass labeled "Sassafacts".
No, I think you made that figure up for me. I never said that. Great reading comprehension, though. THUMBS UP!

Kind of amusing.

Quote:
I think it's more likely that people who sign up already tried traditional random-dating and didn't find anyone, thus they already have that experience and know what they want and don't want in a relationship.
Thats entirely speculative.

Quote:
Now if you disagree, PLEASE give me your definition of "experience," because it must be different than mine, and thus retarded and incorrect.
You said it yourself. If a person disagrees with you, their opinion is "retarded and incorrect."

Because opinions can be "incorrect." You're a hilarious kid. Did anyone ever tell you that?

I was speaking idiomatically.
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:17 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 03:17 AM #254 of 317
Quote:
What does this even have to do with what I said, jackass.
You said on eHarmony people look for people like themselves, which isn't true. eHarmony matches you with whatever you say you like in another person, which may or may not be what you yourself are like.

Quote:
No, I think you made that figure up for me. I never said that.
No, you didn't say that, which is why I said "You seem to think." When you say "most people on eHarmony are inept social retards," it implies that a great majority of the people are in this category, and 90% was just a visualization. Nice job picking apart a sentence instead of actually responding to the point.

Quote:
You said it yourself. If a person disagrees with you, their opinion is "retarded and incorrect."

Because opinions can be "incorrect." You're a hilarious kid. Did anyone ever tell you that?
I said it jokingly because I like arguing with you . But I see you didn't answer or rebuttal my argument that there's no connection between joining eHarmony and loosing out on experience. I guess it boils down to that you believe in a perconcieved stereotype and I don't. (shit another cooking reference!)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by FallDragon; Mar 16, 2006 at 08:21 PM.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:21 PM #255 of 317
You said on eHarmony people look for people like themselves, which isn't true. eHarmony matches you with whatever you say you like in another person, which may or may not be what you yourself are like.
It makes MATCHES for you, presumably based on interests and other crappy calculations.

MATCHES.

I am sure they're not going to put a skinhead nationalist with a orthodox Jew together.
Quote:
No, you didn't say that, which is why I said "It seems you think." When you say "most people on eHarmony are inept social retards," in implies that a great majority of the people are in this category, and 90% was just a visualization. Nice job picking apart a sentence instead of actually responding to the point.
Can you tell me where I came up with the "90%" figure? You quoted me on it. I want to know where you got that. It establishes credability.

Quote:
I said it jokingly because I like arguing with you .
I noticed.
Quote:
But I see you didn't answer or rebuttal my argument that there's no connection between joining eHarmony and loosing out on experience. I guess it boils down to that you believe in a perconcieved stereotype and I don't. (shit another cooking reference!)
I'm guessing you like to put a lot of things in my mouth.

FELIPE NO
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:31 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 03:31 AM #256 of 317
Again... no significant responses... is this a sign that you've lost the argument? *gasp*

Quote:
Can you tell me where I came up with the "90%" figure? You quoted me on it. I want to know where you got that. It establishes credability.
OK. Read what I say carefully now, it may be hard to understand. If person A says "Most Jews are retarded" every 5 seconds, person B may come up and say "You seem to be antisemetic." Person A cries "no i'm not, I never said that!" Now, apply this to our situation. You say "most of the people who use eHarmony are socially inept retards." I say "You seem to think 90% of eHarmony users are socially inept retards." You don't need to have actually SAID 90% in order for me to make an implication on what you believe. See, the word seem turns it into an implication, not a fact. Basic English.

Quote:
I'm guessing you like to put a lot of things in my mouth.
Oh, you have no idea... >.>

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:41 PM #257 of 317
Again... no significant responses... is this a sign that you've lost the argument? *gasp*
Not so much as my having to repeat myself over and over for you to understand what I am trying to get across to you. You've pretty much been the only person I've had to repeat myself over three times for, now.

Quote:
OK. Read what I say carefully now, it may be hard to understand. If person A says "Most Jews are retarded" every 5 seconds, person B may come up and say "You seem to be antisemetic." Person A cries "no i'm not, I never said that!" Now, apply this to our situation. You say "most of the people who use eHarmony are socially inept retards." I say "You seem to think 90% of eHarmony users are socially inept retards." You don't need to have actually SAID 90% in order for me to make an implication on what you believe. See, the word seem turns it into an implication, not a fact. Basic English.
I don't see you quoting me with that 90% figure.

Seriously. Find it.

51% = most, silly cakes.

Most amazing jew boots
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:54 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:54 PM #258 of 317
So 51% of the people there are socially inept to your standards?

How ya doing, buddy?
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:02 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 04:02 AM #259 of 317
Quote:
Not so much as my having to repeat myself over and over for you to understand what I am trying to get across to you. You've pretty much been the only person I've had to repeat myself over three times for, now.
LOL, that's exactly the same way I feel about you. This argument's getting kind of old now anyway though. I'm going to Japan in a year or so anyway, and I don't think eHarmony reaches that far. Japanese chics dig Americans though, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:08 PM #260 of 317
Originally Posted by Smoodle
So 51% of the people there are socially inept to your standards?
I would say that, sure.

Of course, that ALSO is speculative. And almost entirely up to one's own deduction of "socially inept."

But it being an internet service and all.

Most amazing jew boots
FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 04:20 AM #261 of 317
Quote:
But it being an internet service and all.
Well it does advertise on TV, so it's not like it's only drawing people who spend their lives on their computer.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:28 PM #262 of 317
Well it does advertise on TV, so it's not like it's only drawing people who spend their lives on their computer.
You are keeping in mind its a business, right?

Any SMART marketers for the product WOULD get TV slots.

FallDragon
Good Chocobo

Member 2657

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 04:31 AM #263 of 317
Yea, but that also means a much larger market is aware it exists. They probably only did it to make more money, but it also means there's a better chance you'll meet decent people on the site.

Most amazing jew boots
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:38 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 07:38 PM #264 of 317
Who said the internet's only for losers?

How ya doing, buddy?
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:40 PM #265 of 317
Originally Posted by Smoodle
Who said the internet's only for losers?
Not only for losers. Hey. We're here, right?

But there sure are a lot of fucking crazies out there. Right? ^_^

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:05 PM #266 of 317
I think you have to be a pretty big fuck up to resort to internet dating sites.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 08:05 PM #267 of 317
Hey minon, you met a couple of people off of the site, did they all seem like internet-recluse types?

Also, sass, I seem to remember you complaining about repeating yourself to devo and myself earlier in this thread. Ever wonder if you're really shitty at getting your point across and our comprehension skills might be fine?

Most amazing jew boots
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:10 PM #268 of 317
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
Also, sass, I seem to remember you complaining about repeating yourself to devo and myself earlier in this thread. Ever wonder if you're really shitty at getting your point across and our comprehension skills might be fine?
Why do you never cap my name. ;_;

I didn't tell YOU that I was repeating myself, did I? No.

And yea, I've made it thoroughly clear in the past that I am not the BEST at words. My reading skills are pretty good though. I just have a hard time chosing words. But I've used different words every time! ;_;

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 08:41 PM #269 of 317
http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/sh...9202#post39202

Guess it wasn't aimed at me for once, but there's the one at you yelling at devo for having to "repeat yourself over and over."

I'm pretty used to you complaining about it in enough PP threads, so that might be why I thought you were going after me.

Also, just had this thing at the top of my page while I was looking to see if they'll ever give me more than three people's info to look at a time.

Quote:
Q: "I'm an Opera lover and you matched me with a rock and roller!
How does eHarmony match?"

A:
At eHarmony, our compatibility matching looks at what is on the inside - the qualities that are vital to succesful relationships. We do not take things like life-style and shared interests into consideration as they hold a different level of importance for each individual. We invite you to share these items through the guided communication process and explore their importance to each of you.
If that actually means anything.

Edit: I didn't cap since I hardly capitalize anyone's username unless it's a two letter abbreviation.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:43 PM #270 of 317
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/sh...9202#post39202

Guess it wasn't aimed at me for once, but there's the one at you yelling at devo for having to "repeat yourself over and over."

I'm pretty used to you complaining about it in enough PP threads, so that might be why I thought you were going after me.
I never even VISIT PP anymore because of this shit. And I thought, you know, I have told you before (and others) that English is not exactly my forte. I try to learn from Pang, I really do. But I just don't have a way with words like he does, alright? ;_;

Stop being paranoid. ;_;

Also, Devo was being mean. So I wanted to be mean BACK. TAKE THAT DEVO. ^_^

Quote:
Edit: I didn't cap since I hardly capitalize anyone's name unless it's a two letter abbreviation.
Yea, I noticed you didn't cap Minion's name either. Sorry.

^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:54 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 10:54 PM #271 of 317
Why are you silencing a minority? I'm never correcting you, Sass.

FELIPE NO
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
Minion
Retainer

Member 21

Level 28.54

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:08 PM #272 of 317
Quote:
Hey minon, you met a couple of people off of the site, did they all seem like internet-recluse types?
Actually none of the people I've met or talked to on eharmony seem like internet recluse types. Most of them, like me, just don't enjoy going to conventional meeting places.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:30 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 10:30 PM #273 of 317
Are you suggesting that you don't like going to places like bars or clubs to meet women {or men}? That's ABSURD.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:39 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 09:39 PM #274 of 317
Man, I still can't seem to find out how to meet people on eHarmony. This place is retarded, and I can't believe I'm here backing the place up. I'm sure it WORKS for some people ... but fuck this shit, I'm-a goin' huuuooome.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 10:45 PM #275 of 317
Man, you're in school, you should be trying to hook up with those women in your classes, not worrying with eharmony. College classes are pretty much the easiest way to meet a ton of women with minimal effort and minimal emotional risk.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > eHarmony.