Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Trying to rip music using Psound...

Sonic 3
Carob Nut

Member 4474

Level 6.19

Apr 2006

Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:29 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2012, 11:29 PM #1 of 3
Trying to rip music using Psound...

Hi guys.
Trying to rip some music from Drakengard for PS2 using Psound.

Trouble is, the files it displays don't really help.

It displays the following files (to scan for music etc)

MODULES (Folder containing IRX files, none contain any sound)
FACEEU
MOVIE0EU
MOVIE1EU
SLES_523.22
SNDIMGEU
SYSTEM
VOICEEU

FACEEU displays a list of files, but they make no noise when trying to play them in psound. Plus there's only 39 of them. There's at least 48 on the OSTS for this game, so I know that can't be them.

IMAGE displays over 4000 results. Yet they seem to just be sound effects. I was still willing to go through em all, but they just repeat themselves right up to the end. There may be only about 400 sounds repeated over and over in the list.

MOVIE0EU displays one file that displays 'invalid file' when I try to click on it.

The rest contain no files found by Psound.

Do you guys think you could assist me with locating the music on this PS2 disc?

EDIT - Obtained Cube Media Player.
Took forever to find all the audio files, but it did so, although the vast majority are sound effects, there are over 200 files that look like music!
But Cube media player won't let me play them, it says E: EXPORT ONLY media. And it won't let me convert them (the option is greyed out)

Any help on what to do here?

EDIT - Ok guys, I figured out how to convert them into .ss2 files. Problem is, the only thing that seems to play them is Mfaudio, and it only plays them for less than a second. What went wrong? was it my conversion or something?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Sonic 3; Jul 25, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
]-Ac3-[

Member 151

Level 5.19

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:32 PM #2 of 3
Psound works great for me.

Most amazing jew boots

Trust me, the person posting this has nothing exciting to say.
Sonic 3
Carob Nut

Member 4474

Level 6.19

Apr 2006

Old Aug 3, 2012, 09:40 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2012, 03:40 PM #3 of 3
As long as you don't use tongues ^

BTW I was able to find a few pieces of audio not used in the game. Fairly interesting pieces of music.

But every single Event music (on the NTSC - J disc as well) contains the exact same voices and sound effects over it as the game. And obviously the FMV cutscenes do as well. It seems that even though obviously SE have access to the library to allow recording of the English voices over the Events, they don't have one audio file for the music and one audio file for the voices, just one audio file with everything splcied in together.

Annoying. I guess the only thing left for me to do is to contact Takayuki Aihara or Nobuyoshi Sano and beg them or ask nicely for some unpublished music from the game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Trying to rip music using Psound...