Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Shirley Phelps. Holy Freaking Monkey.

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 03:07 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 02:07 AM #1 of 15
Shirley Phelps. Holy Freaking Monkey.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mc5FIMpHbgU

That's my favorite of her interviews, but the Tyra Banks interview [start with Part 2] is actually quite good, too. To put it simply, this lady is a lunatic. One of the most psychotic people I have ever seen or heard speak. She's the spokesman for a small (under 100 members, 80% of which (that's the figure she claimed) are family members, the pastor of which is her father) 'Baptist' church (I find very little in her belief set that compares well with the Baptist take on things) in Kansas. The fact that there are another hundred people or so in her church that feel the same way boggles my mind, and sorta makes me want to either crawl into a hole and die or bomb her home. If I were taken to sweeping acts of violence.

The fact that people can pursue acts of hatred under the guise of religion is an affront to my moral standards. The fact that they target military funerals and even the funerals for the slain amish girls completely baffles me. Have they no tact? Don't they realize how hypocritical they are, how unlike the teachings of the Bible that they claim to follow? Religion shouldn't be about being in people's faces telling them what they're doing wrong and that they're on the fast track to hell, at least for the most part. People like this make me sick.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 03:14 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 02:14 AM #2 of 15
I feel exactly as you do about her and most of the prominent members of the Westboro Baptist Church (I believe that's the name of her church.) Go to their website (http://www.godhatesfags.com ... seriously, that's the url) and read their responses to questions exactly like yours that people have brought to them over the years. Their responses rival those of the biggest flamers on any internet forum ever, and grossly twist the Bible to "back up" what they've said.

That being said, she's more like an unholy freaking monkey.

How ya doing, buddy?
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 02:32 AM #3 of 15
Yeah, I suppose that last bit is true.

A 94 page exploration into the idea that "God Loves Everyone" is the biggest lie ever told? Ouch. What a great message to be telling the world.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 05:27 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 05:27 AM #4 of 15
You have to look at it this way, out of millions of Kansans, only a hundred of them are Westboro Baptist members.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dubble
The Hero of Mouseton VS The Phantom Blot!

Member 297

Level 32.26

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 06:03 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 05:03 AM #5 of 15
Holy shit....this chick is BONKERS.

I agree with some of the comments. This is the most intense news thing I've seen. The newscaster alone is going crazy! LOL

I was speaking idiomatically.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:10 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 08:10 AM #6 of 15
She makes a few valid points on the Tyra Banks show, but it's all bogged down under her 'religious zeal' and 'love' for fags. Which is hate.

Brady: Yeah, luckily I don't think many people will draw a straight-line parallel of Kansas is for insanely retarded and possibly possessed pseudo-Christians.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:55 AM #7 of 15
Drex: What "valid" points could she possibly be making?

Her argument centers around a few things:
  1. The Christian God Exists
  2. Every single word in the King James Bible is true except for those inconvenient ones that disagree with what she believes
  3. Somehow her interpretation of the Bible is also God's interpretation
  4. America's refusal to burn homosexuals at the stake makes us a nation of homosexuals and their supporters
  5. This makes God pissed
  6. We're all going to hell
I think I covered the bases there. We'll take #1 as a Postulate. Even then, points 2 through 4 are batshit insane, and five and six don't fit the "loving God" criteria so well.

How ya doing, buddy?
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:20 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 03:20 PM #8 of 15
Lol, I love that news presenter, she kicks ass. Perhaps there is hope for you people yet.

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:30 AM #9 of 15
Originally Posted by Ulysses
Lol, I love that news presenter, she kicks ass. Perhaps there is hope for you people yet.
Really? I found myself getting annoyed with her vigor. I am unsure of why - maybe because I found it unprofessional. I know it's a sensitive topic, but the reporter should try to keep sane.

Meanwhile, I'm not too concerned about these Westboro Church lunatics. Like Brady said, there's only about 100 of them - not like a real, actual congregation. I've decided to chock the whole church up to a crazy couple spawning kids and turning their kids into brain-washed, loyal children.

I kind of pity Shirley and her husband - I think they're genuinely mentally ill. Someone who can encourage the death of young soldiers and fags and blindly tell their kids that this is OKAY has to be fucked in the head.

I find that no matter your religion, you can agree that these people are batshit insane. I don't really get why protective services don't come along and take the kids away. I mean, I know it's borderline on legal (since they have the right to worship whatever), but they outright encourage hate. Isn't that detrimental to a young, fragile mind?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:34 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 03:34 PM #10 of 15
I'm just pleased to see that someone can become as passionate and heated in the defence of what is right, as those hate-mongers can in the defence of their evil views. Yes, she lacked decorum in how she responded to the bitch, but when faced with such people who are not willing to give anyone an inch, they should be shown no mercy either. Someone should wrap her in the stars and stripes and mail her ass to Iran.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:48 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 10:48 AM #11 of 15
Originally Posted by Ulysses
Whatchoo talkin bout "you people!?"

What, just because I'm black I can't watch the news?

Now that I've seen the Tyra Banks interview, it's easy to notice a lot of things. First, how completely sheltered her audience is. Camera pans of the audience showed people that were legitimately shocked, that anybody could think this way. Second, Tyra Banks cares more about a handful of Swedes than millions of dead Thais. Third:

I'm not even going to start.

Now I feel like I'd sooner firebomb the Tyra Banks audience than hate on Shirley Phelps.

I'd also like to know what "good points" she made, unless those "good points" were that God uses natural disasters to punish nations and that sin makes you go to Hell.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Bradylama; Dec 1, 2006 at 11:03 AM.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:03 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 10:03 AM #12 of 15
Originally Posted by Arainach
Drex: What "valid" points could she possibly be making?
For one thing, her claiming that they 'target' homosexuals over child molesters and pedophiles because everyone knows that molesting children is wrong. It was actually a very good rebuttal to a pretty bold question. Then there's the fact that a good many religious conservatives would agree with her statement about homosexuality being an abomination in God's sight - this isn't groundbreaking, nor is it unique in any significant way, but it is a valid point. It is based on the assumption that the Bible is the uncorrupted word of God and that God orchestrated its coming about, but these are theories supported by a great number of people, if we're talking assumptions and such.

I disagree with a great deal of what she says, but she was most composed during the beginning portion of her appearance with Tyra Banks, is all I'm saying.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:05 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 11:05 AM #13 of 15
So she exposed Tyra Banks as a hack. I'm starting to like Westboro Baptist more and more.

I was speaking idiomatically.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 04:38 PM Local time: Dec 1, 2006, 04:38 PM #14 of 15
Wow... I am SHOCKED! That interview on FOX was so annoying after a while that I had to stop and take a break for a minute. I think the reporter could have been a little calmer though, then I could have heard how crazy Shirley Phelps really is.

Seriously though, I think the woman needs to leave America, especially since she seems to hate it so much. I don't know how someone could be so evil and acts like she is so good.....

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
gren
Welcome to Raikhad

Member 2719

Level 7.65

Mar 2006

Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:21 PM #15 of 15
The Fox reporter was horrible. She was completely unprofessional. You don't call your guests an abomination, you try to reveal things about your guests to the public so that they can be better informed. What I saw was comedy--not news.

But that's not what's really disturbing. What's disturbing is that these people have moved beyond the realm of the internet. The Phelps' are a funny "post them on a forum and laugh" type family. They don't deserve time on network news. Maybe they deserve time on Tyra Banks' show because... that's not serious. But, any news channel that will play this has to get their priorities straight.

I mean, look on the bright side... if they're being conditioned to hate... look at how many of us... are not being "conditioned to hate" as much? The Righteous shall prevail, no? ~_~

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Shirley Phelps. Holy Freaking Monkey.