Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Mexico to Decriminalize Drugs (sorta)

LizardSC
Slave to the Rhythm

Member 5069

Level 7.59

Apr 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 07:01 PM #26 of 34
Originally Posted by Matt
The main problem with drug tests is that while someone who smokes a joint once or twice during the weekend will be denied the job while an alcoholic (who might even show up to work drunk on occassion) will test negative and get the job.
Completely agree, the double-standard between alcohol and marijuana needs to go.

Quote:
In my opinion, the only drug they really ought to test for is crack-cocaine and heroin. Both drugs have users typically engaged in criminal activities (of course that could be debated too).
I could go for this too, as long as employers have the power to fire on the spot those who arrive to work drunk/high against company regulations. What people do in private on their own time is usually nobody's business, but that needs to be tempered by public responsibility.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Onyx
Chocobo

Member 384

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 02:13 PM Local time: May 1, 2006, 01:13 PM #27 of 34
Yeah, alcohol is the drug that isn't treated as a drug. Alcohol and tobacco together kill more people than heroin, marijuana, and other drugs combined.

I think this is a good thing for Mexico. Decriminalization isn't quite as good as legalization, but it's still a good thing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Adamgian
Political Palace Denizen

Member 1443

Level 14.20

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 09:31 PM #28 of 34
Well, the bill is up for some changes. The US Government managed to brownbeat Fox into not signing it without a few changes, particularily to the word "consumer."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americ...xico.drugs.ap/

Most amazing jew boots
Onyx
Chocobo

Member 384

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 06:13 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 05:13 PM #29 of 34
Well, looks like this isn't going to happen, folks.

Taken from Democracy Now!:

Quote:
US Influence Speculated As Fox Backs of Drug Bill
In Mexico, President Vicente Fox has backed off signing a drug decriminalization bill just one day after he said he would approve it. The bill would have eliminated criminal penalties for possession of small amounts of certain drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, and heroin. Fox’s reversal is fueling suspicion he was pressured by US officials. Just hours before Fox’s announcement, the US embassy urged the Mexican government to reconsider the legislation.
I had a suspicion when Fox said he would sign it. Another triumph for US economic hitmen.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 12:04 AM #30 of 34
How typical.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 12:30 AM Local time: May 4, 2006, 09:30 PM #31 of 34
I don't know why we treat Mexico like it's a red-headed stepchild.

There could be so many benefits to be had for both parties if we just had a little bit more cooperation and, more importantly, mutual respect-- yeah, you know when you treat others as peers not as inferiors.

FELIPE NO
PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 04:22 PM #32 of 34
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell
I don't know why we treat Mexico like it's a red-headed stepchild.

There could be so many benefits to be had for both parties if we just had a little bit more cooperation and, more importantly, mutual respect-- yeah, you know when you treat others as peers not as inferiors.
What have you been smoking? How would you 'mutual respect' in any way help you feel good about one's self in the same way pointing fingers at another can? Hmm? Where are your priorities man?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Mexico to Decriminalize Drugs (sorta)