Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Does Obama deserve the prize?
He got it through secret Illuminati engineering of world events. He is a Martian in disguise! 6 23.08%
I think he deserves it. 1 3.85%
His award mocks previous prize winners. 10 38.46%
I DON"T GIVE A FUCK NOW GIVE ME MY EPIC PALADIN GEAR 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Obama's Nobel Peace Prize... What's your take?

CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:12 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2009, 11:12 PM #1 of 25
The deadline for nominations on February 2, 2009 was twelve days after Obama took office.

So, let's look at what he did!
  1. January 21: Obama met with the ambassador to Iraq, commander in Iraq, and regional commander to receive a complete briefing on the war.
  2. January 22: Obama ordered the closure of the Guantanamo Bay detention center.
  3. January 22: Obama signed an executive order explicitly prohibiting the use of torture and ordering all U.S. forces to obey the Army Field Manual. He also ordered a review of the case of Ali Saleh al-Marri, a detainee held on a Naval brig in South Carolina.
  4. January 22: Obama met with numerous retired generals.
  5. January 23: Obama rescinded the Mexico City policy, which had prevented nongovernmental organizations from receiving government funding if they supplied family planning assistance or abortions abroad.
  6. January 23: Obama calls Prime Minister Harper of Canada, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, Prime Minister Gordon Brown of Britain, and Ban Ki-moon, secretary general of the United Nations.
  7. January 26: Obama announced his appointing of Todd Stern to the new position of special envoy for climate change -- recognizing the environment as a pressing foreign-policy concern.
  8. January 27: More phone calls. This time Obama speaks with Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, Colombian President Alvaro Uribe, South African President Kgalema Motlanthe, and Prime Minister Taro Aso of Japan.
So, uh... aside from ordering the closure of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp -- and later flip-flopping from his election pledge about prosecuting some detainees last May -- do you guys honestly see anything that contribute to world peace?
I don't understand why people seem to assume that he received it for actions while he was president. That logic doesn't seem to make sense to me. The prizes are generally given for things accomplished in the previous year, anyways.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2009, 01:56 AM Local time: Oct 22, 2009, 01:56 AM 2 #2 of 25
I never said he did anything worthy of receiving it, just that it is a ludicrous idea that they awarded him it based on 2 weeks in office. Do some research into the award before you come in and make misinformed statements. Regardless of whether or not you think he deserves it, your reasoning is flawed.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Obama's Nobel Peace Prize... What's your take?