Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Does Obama deserve the prize?
He got it through secret Illuminati engineering of world events. He is a Martian in disguise! 6 23.08%
I think he deserves it. 1 3.85%
His award mocks previous prize winners. 10 38.46%
I DON"T GIVE A FUCK NOW GIVE ME MY EPIC PALADIN GEAR 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Obama's Nobel Peace Prize... What's your take?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:46 AM Local time: Oct 20, 2009, 11:46 PM 1 #1 of 25
Look. Can we all just agree that the Nobel Peace Prize is as much a popularity contest as the MTV music awards and move on with our lives?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2009, 03:37 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2009, 02:37 PM #2 of 25
Can we move on with our lives? Should we? Mhhmm?

I would say there has to be a certain level of participation by the people on issues like this, and at least a stand. Not just brushing off lightly and living our merry lives having kinky sex.

Ignorance is bliss. But ignorance is dangerous too.
I would hardly think it is alright to simply "agree that it is a popularity contest" and "move on with our lives", for such thinking if applied to everyone, will really dilute the Nobel Peace Prize to a permanent popularity contest. It is by making voices heard, we keep the other side in check.

The Nobel Prizes are prestigious. Lets keep them that way.
The Nobel Prize ISN'T prestigious, that's the problem. You aren't fighting for world hunger here, you're fighting for a prize that has been given to some terrible men over the years. If you think understanding a thing well enough to know it isn't worth saving is ignorance, then you're educated-retarded and need to spend less time reading about the riots in Seattle.

Keeping the "other side" in check? By other side I assume you mean the people who vote for the nobel prize. You know, those people who have been a joke for over 30 years. Those people on the other side?

Learn to pick battles worth fighting, you just make yourself look like a jackass if you treat everything like an downtrodden orphan needing to be saved. Grow up.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:02 PM Local time: Oct 21, 2009, 08:02 PM #3 of 25
Got 5min left before my lecture resumes.. let me keep this quick.

Nobel Prize isn't prestigious? Wow. Do you come from an alternate universe?
I don't give a fuck about Seattle riots. The Nobel Prizes and the riots are two different events. Despite your claim of a similar point, I hardly think they are the same. Bad analogy.
The fact is this. It has been given to some terrible man over the years. But should we let it continue? I hardly think Alfred would think so.
If by your sense we take things so lightly, then what's the point of creating such prizes, and future prizes? Should mankind just forsake all prizes because "they'll somehow turn into jokes"?
They must have some value and therefore I believe there is a must to defend it.

Learn to pick battles worth fighting? But that is in your opinion. I believe it is worth speaking out for. Also, why is it impossible to fight world hunger and still talk about the Nobel Prize at the same time?
Its like why can't you watch TV while you eat your McChicken.
Using the "grow up" rhetoric hardly ceases to amuse me.
O you are just precious. And no. I come from the universe where the Peace prize is often given to men who are somewhat less than peaceful. I imagine you're from the same one, though your dullenplain-esque grasp of sarcasm would indicate otherwise. I'm sorry if you swallow the rhetoric instead of the evidence when it comes to the peace prize, but that's hardly my problem.

And I wasn't making an analogy of the riots and the peace prize, I was making an analogy of your "all causes are deserving of equal treatment" bullshit. You'd know that if you'd learned how to read and interpret the language. A skill I guess they must not teach to music majors.

Of course Alfred Nobel wouldn't want to see his prize turned into a bloody farce, but it still has. The Nobel prize is as prestigious for the peace process as the Oscars are for films. It might be the biggest thing out there, but 9 times out of 10 they get it wrong. Your slippery slope argument is an utter joke, by the way. "We can't admit this thing is broken, because then everything might one day be seen as broken!"

Good job on that. Very intelligent approach to the situation. Learn to use the language before you try and be flowery and cutting. It doesn't hold up when all you're doing is drooling all over the forums. I imagine English is your second language, and that's fine, but know that if you don't understand concepts like irony or sarcasm, do not just treat what people say as literal. It makes you look like a donkey.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Obama's Nobel Peace Prize... What's your take?