Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Does Obama deserve the prize?
He got it through secret Illuminati engineering of world events. He is a Martian in disguise! 6 23.08%
I think he deserves it. 1 3.85%
His award mocks previous prize winners. 10 38.46%
I DON"T GIVE A FUCK NOW GIVE ME MY EPIC PALADIN GEAR 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Obama's Nobel Peace Prize... What's your take?

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:15 AM #1 of 25
Didn't Yasir Arafat win a Nobel Peace Prize some time back?

I realize it was toward the end of his political career but still, apparently personal history (or a lack of it) isn't quite the barrier you'd think.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:23 PM 1 #2 of 25
It comes down to this modern constant: 95% of the people who are well-known enough to be considered for a Nobel Peace Prize come from backgrounds and experiences that are decidedly not conducive to promoting unified world peace, else their careers and lifebloods would be obsoleted. What need is there for world leaders when the world can govern itself? For every five good-natured men and women out in the jungles treating injured elephants or teaching impoverished Cambodian children how to read, there's some ivy league jackass phoning the media, saying "Yeah, see them? I did that." And that person will get the glory every time.

So just accept that the nobility has been taken out of the Nobel Prize. They don't select recipients based upon the person, but rather the proximity of the person to the particular cause that the Nobel Committee wishes to bring to public attention that year, regardless of how much benefit or harm the winner may have had in relation. Wanna promote peace in the Middle East? Give it to Arafat, even though he was the biggest antagonist there for decades. Wanna promote the green agenda? Give it to Gore, even though he's become a mouthpiece who uses sensationalism in place of facts.

It's a lot simpler to give Nobel prizes to tangible efforts such as physics, chemistry and medicine - fields whose research yield measurable results. But for peace, all they can do is offer to someone with outspoken good intentions, and we all know where that paved road leads.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Obama's Nobel Peace Prize... What's your take?