Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Canadian involvment in Afghanistan

loyalist
Carob Nut

Member 1217

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:24 AM #26 of 40
As usual? We one of the FIRST to commit ro Afghanistan in 2002, and we've already had two different missions there. I was stating the function of our armed forces. And did or the Parlaiment of Canada ever accuse Ameircans of being imperalists? No. You can use Chocojournal for your juvinile ramblings, thank you.

We're not "holding the fort down", as there is no fort there. We are building a fort.

You may not be impressed with Canada, but your generals were impressed with actions of our troops during the Afghan campaign, our JTF2 commandos and Coyote armoured units in particular. So, I'd suggest, for next time, actually learn something about the stiuation.

Now that we've taken Kandahar, I'm sure the world will continue to be impressed with the way Canadians fight, stabilize and reconstruct.

Most amazing jew boots
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 06:50 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 05:50 PM #27 of 40
Originally Posted by loyalist
As usual? We one of the FIRST to commit ro Afghanistan in 2002, and we've already had two different missions there.
Like I said, late to the party. Efforts in Afghanistan began publicly by the US and UK on 10/7/01.

And did or the Parlaiment of Canada ever accuse Ameircans of being imperalists? No. You can use Chocojournal for your juvinile ramblings, thank you.
where did i say that the parlaiment of canada accused the US of anything? I'm just stating that your "further the intertests of the Canadian government. That's how the world is," statements would be regarded as imperialistic if stated by an american.

and juvenile ramblings? HA! "OMG look at canada, we're so cool. we really put our lives on the line. we kicked so much ass in afghanistan." The fact is, after 9/11 the first country from the internat'l community to hook up the US should've been canada since you all do live in the northern backyard, but no. It was our old buddies the UK. Now Canada is trying to pick up slack by acting like they're doing such a great job after the US and UK have nullified the initial threat.

Now that we've taken Kandahar, I'm sure the world will continue to be impressed with the way Canadians fight, stabilize and reconstruct.
You're giving the Canadians credit for taking Kandahar? The US had driven all Taliban forces out of Kandahar by December 7th. If you've "taken" Kandahar it's only because it was delivered on a silver platter. Canada's efforts have been a drop in the bucket on the grand scheme.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 07:15 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:15 PM #28 of 40
Stop trolling the Canucks, gelfling.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
loyalist
Carob Nut

Member 1217

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 08:33 PM #29 of 40
I try to like Americans, I really do.

Anyhow, my mistake. We had begun to commit resources in late 2001:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/af.../timeline.html

Most amazing jew boots
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:59 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 11:59 PM #30 of 40
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
Stop trolling the Canucks, gelfling.
Ok fine. Sorry loyalist. Props to Canada for sticking it out in Afghanistan. Hopefully they'll be able to take care of some of the opium traffic. and props to loyalist for wanting to be a patriot and support his military. you're right in that it's disgusting that your fellow canadians aren't supportive of their own troops.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:38 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:38 AM #31 of 40
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
Hopefully they'll be able to take care of some of the opium traffic.
Ironically enough, the Taliban was pretty effective at destroying the opium crop year after year. It was the invasion that increased the amount of opium exported to the rest of the world. Lest we forget that the British Empire took control over Afghanistan strictly for control of the opium trade.

But nobody has any imperialist intentions today... right? Follow the money.

you're right in that it's disgusting that your fellow canadians aren't supportive of their own troops.
How is it not supporting the troops by wanting them to be home with their families..... Ahh Vietnam... the gift that keeps on giving!

How ya doing, buddy?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:46 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 01:46 PM #32 of 40
Originally Posted by Watts
How is it not supporting the troops by wanting them to be home with their families..... Ahh Vietnam... the gift that keeps on giving!

There are a lot of people who are so shortsighted that they publicly blame soldiers for their missions. Don't forget Jane Fonda and all the crap she gave the guys in Vietnam... as though the whole thing was their fault.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:58 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 06:58 AM #33 of 40
There are a lot of people who are so shortsighted that they publicly blame soldiers for their missions. Don't forget Jane Fonda and all the crap she gave the guys in Vietnam... as though the whole thing was their fault.
Oh, I don't. But c'mon what do you expect from a liberal-elite celebrity? She probably didn't even know where she was sitting on anyway. She just "thought" that "Oh golly gee! How nice! They're offering me a seat and letting me look through a scope!". Bet she regrets that now anyhow.

Also I wouldn't have given a hero's welcome to the "brave" soldiers of My Lai either. Except the soldier that shot himself instead of carrying out his orders. Civilized people should be above that. Period.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:05 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:05 PM #34 of 40
Also I wouldn't have given a hero's welcome to the "brave" soldiers of My Lai either. Except the soldier that shot himself instead of carrying out his orders. Civilized people should be above that. Period.
Well, if you can let Fonda slide for her actions, certainly you can be understanding that war and desperation will frequently break people into becoming less than human and turn them into violent savages.

Most amazing jew boots
Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:14 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 12:14 PM #35 of 40
Well, if you can let Fonda slide for her actions, certainly you can be understanding that war and desperation will frequently break people into becoming less than human and turn them into violent savages.
Certainly, but that doesn't mean there can't be any accountability either. What was done at My Lai was not heroic in any sense of the word. Furthermore I think My Lai underminded and hurt the war effort more then Fonda's actions did; nationally, and internationally. My Lai was the last straw, where Fonda was just a tool of the North Vietnamese.

Eh, let's just agree to disagree because I don't think we'll get anywhere.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:18 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:18 PM #36 of 40
Eh, let's just agree to disagree because I don't think we'll get anywhere.
good deal. look at us being such polite diplomats yielding in a decently interesting non-hostile discussion. rock on!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:20 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 12:20 PM #37 of 40
good deal. look at us being such polite diplomats yielding in a decently interesting non-hostile discussion. rock on!
It's probably because I'm not a democrat. :biggrin:

*edit*
Or maybe it's because we can see each other's points and be rational adults about it. Naw, it's because I'm not a democrat.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Watts; Mar 11, 2006 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Bashing democrats
Aidan
Ouch!

Member 2726

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:54 PM #38 of 40
Canadian troops are only in Afghanistan in greater numbers now because we have to clean up the American's mess. We were doing fine when Martin was in power, keeping a minimal contingent in Afghanistan and kepping Bush at bay. I blame Harper for every Canadian soldier who dies - we have no business being there finishing Bush's dirty work so we can make some more money.

Most amazing jew boots
loyalist
Carob Nut

Member 1217

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:02 PM #39 of 40
1) The Canadian contingent was sceduled to expand before Harper was in power (no shit, buddy, you can't train all kind of troops for mission-specific capbilities that fast)

2)We realy have no economic interest in Afghanistan

3) The Taliban is still well and alive in Afghanistan

4) There is widespread support for the Afghan mission throughout the Canadian Forces

5) Extremists are killing Canadians, not Harper.

FELIPE NO
loyalist
Carob Nut

Member 1217

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:01 AM #40 of 40
Disturbing little piece on how some of thew fallen troops are being treated: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ADA24/TPStory/

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > Canadian involvment in Afghanistan