Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

DVD Decrypter - how to use

Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 03:37 PM #1 of 31
DVD Decrypter - how to use

I got it... but how do I use it to copy a movie? Sry newbie here...

EDITING AGAIN: BTW the DISC I want to copy is 7.91 GB space... so I got DVD Shrink and I'm not sure how to go from here:
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9...titled0iy1.jpg

Do I uncheck or keep the check marks?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Tsunade; Jun 13, 2006 at 04:07 PM.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 04:40 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 01:40 PM #2 of 31
Whenever I use DVD Shrink and I'm given the option to keep certain features, I tend to remove every language except English. I don't remember which movie I copied, but I had no choice but to uncheck a few of those because I would have gone over the limit of a blank DVD.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:18 PM #3 of 31
Okay I did that with DVD Shrink but I have no clue what to do now http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/207/untitled8yg.jpg

I have no clue how to work with those extensions... I wanna burn it as a movie on DVD... I did a full copy (so I hope I retain the features like the subs, main menu etc)

>.<

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:26 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 04:26 PM #4 of 31
Well, you can data burn those files onto a disc. Just go into your DVD burn program, select data burn, then choose the VIDEO_TS folder and the AUDIO_TS folder and burn these folders to the DVD.

BTW, if you get a DVD that DVD Shrink can not decrypt (or errors out with), pickup DVDFab Decrypter. It will decode all newer movies and put the entire disc on your hard drive. After this is done, then you can use DVD Shrink, select to open files, select the VIDEO_TS file on your hard drive, and you are good to go!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)

Last edited by TheReverend; Jun 13, 2006 at 05:35 PM.
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:29 PM #5 of 31
I don't want to Data burn it... I want to burn it as a movie... I would have tried doing so with DVD Decrypter but the size is 7.9 GB... and the only way as far as I know (since it copy-righted) is through DVD Shrink then burning it... unless you can copy the DVD directly somehow with some program out there...

How ya doing, buddy?
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:54 PM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 04:54 PM #6 of 31
Originally Posted by Tsunade
I don't want to Data burn it... I want to burn it as a movie... I would have tried doing so with DVD Decrypter but the size is 7.9 GB... and the only way as far as I know (since it copy-righted) is through DVD Shrink then burning it... unless you can copy the DVD directly somehow with some program out there...
YOU DO WANT TO DATA BURN IT!! VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders, IFO files and VOB files are what a DVD video drive is set to read. DVD Shrink 3.2 makes the files a DVD Player needs. So yes, Data burn the VIDEO_TS folder and AUDIO_TS folder to a DVD. (I've done this before and it works fine, assuming your DVD player can read DVD-R's/DVD+R's)

BTW, if you get a DVD that DVD Shrink can not decrypt (or errors out with), pickup DVDFab Decrypter. It will decode all newer movies and put the entire disc on your hard drive. After this is done, then you can use DVD Shrink, select to open files, select the VIDEO_TS file on your hard drive, and you are good to go!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
~ Ready To Strike ~
:Currently Playing: League Of Legends(PC), Skyrim(PC), Golden Sun: Lost Age(GBA), Twilight Princess(Wii), Portal2(PC), Dragon Warrior II(NES), Metroid Prime 2: Echoes(GC)

Last edited by TheReverend; Jun 13, 2006 at 05:56 PM.
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:26 PM #7 of 31
Just finished burning now... It didn't work <.<

When I added the material as a data dvd it said

"You have added DVD-video content to a compilation type that will not result in a DVD-Video Compliant disc. To create discs playable in standalone DVD-Video players, please us the DVD-Video compilation type."

So I just pressed okay and continue and it didn't work on the DVD, got error (and it DOES play burned DVDs <.<).... so now what?

FELIPE NO
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:05 AM Local time: Jun 13, 2006, 11:05 PM #8 of 31
Sorry to hear that man... I know I've done the exact same thing and not had a problem.

First, did you copy over the VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders, or the contents of the folders? If you only moved the contents of the folders, it will not work. Video DVD's MUST have a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder as the only folders on the the disc.

Secondly, did you use Nero? If you have Nero installed, you can setup DVD Shrink to burn directly to disc after it is done compressing. That will make it easy for you. Just choose Edit > Preferences > File I/O and choose burn with Nero. Now when you go to encode it will bring up Nero burning and does the rest automated. You might need to check some of the options when you hit backup, but it should be pretty easy to figure.

Third, alot of people create an ISO (disc image) of the files that DVD Shrink creates. I've never done this before, but I think you can do it with DVD Decrypter. Grab the files outputted by DVD Shrink, and select "ISO" mode. Then you can use Nero or some such to burn the disc image.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
~ Ready To Strike ~
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 04:24 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 05:24 AM #9 of 31
Personally I'm not a fan of DVD Shrink but it does score points for it's ease of use for anyone to use. I recommend DVD Decrypter to rip, recent reports on forums such as afterdawn and doom9 suggest that ripping DVD video with DVD Shrink will create a mosquito effect on the video. Basically flickering on a DVD handled by DVD Shrink. Reason why I use, Decrypter to rip and DVD Rebuilder to encode. I recommend DVD Rebuilder only if you have a really fast CPU, encodes can take quite awhile depending on specs. What you'll want to do is rip the DVD with Decrypter in File Mode. After the rip, you'll find a Video_TS folder which you can open with DVD Shrink and compress. What you'll want to do is keep as much of the main movie quality as possible. So do yourself a favor and get rid of the extra audio tracks. Removing subtitles is useless as you'll see no real difference because the file size for subtitles are usually 2MB. Now as for burning, forget Nero. It is one of the worst programs you could possibly use to burn DVD-Video. There were some instances in the past where when I had used Nero, it had restructured the disc so it was possible to burn. End result was jittery playback. I suggest you use PgcEdit, make sure it meets DVD standards and fix number of streams. PgcEdit only creates a DVD ISO and be sure 32k between IFO & BUP files. It could cause problems if it's not on certain DVD players but good as a safety measure. ImgBurn is the program you'll have to use to burn with PgcEdit. You can set it up easily and have it create the ISO and burn after ISO completion.

http://www.imgburn.com/

http://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgced....html#download

Here is an example of what it should look up before burning.

I do have to ask what DVD are you trying to compress? Some discs compress better than others. Feel free to post questions as I'm sure this is a bit overwhelming.

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 08:19 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 07:19 AM #10 of 31
@ T1249NTSCJ
Why do you still use DVD Decrypter? I know that it is one of the greatest freeware tools ever made, but with the newer encryptions (Arcchos, etc), DVD Decrypter is stumped. I know there are work arounds, but they seem pretty ridiculous.

@Tusnade
If you do want full compliance, definitely do what T1249NTSCJ says. This is what Doom9 suggests for maximum DVD-Video compliance. As I have stated, I have used DVD Shrink and data burned the folders, and had that work in DVD players, so it CAN work, but is not reliable in all players and with all movies.

Further info here --> http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/guides.htm under DVD/MiniDVD -> DVD Backup

There's nowhere I can't reach.
~ Ready To Strike ~

Last edited by TheReverend; Jun 14, 2006 at 08:33 AM.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:56 AM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 11:56 AM #11 of 31
I use DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD, they had a discounted price on afterdawn's website so I couldn't resist. Other ripping apps make slight alterations to the DVD which result in non-complaint files. DVD Fab Decrypter will create DVD files that DVD Shrink will be unable to read. Also the creators of AnyDVD are aware of cracks available and while AnyDVD will rip DVD video, you'll notice some playback issues which were placed intentionally. I just find it a hassle to download the latest crack for the latest version of AnyDVD. In my opinion, AnyDVD is worth every penny. Only program I actually pay for.

Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:34 AM #12 of 31
^Thanks for the suggestion... problem is now I don't have the original DVD.. all I have is this:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/207/untitled8yg.jpg

And I don't see a audio_TS only a video_TS... so <.<

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 05:42 PM Local time: Jun 14, 2006, 06:42 PM #13 of 31
VIDEO_TS folders is all you need, AUDIO_TS folders are always empty. So don't worry about that, seeing as how that disc is X2. It would be wise to only keep the english 5.1 (0.37,2 and 437MB ENG audio files are the ones to keep.) This little guide will you help you along the way, an updated version of DVD Shrink that'll burn with ImgBurn. So that alone saves you a few steps.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=63869

Instructions listed there are easy to follow. Enjoy.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by T1249NTSCJ; Jun 14, 2006 at 05:44 PM.
Tsunade
Clinically Insane!!

Member 153

Level 23.12

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 07:14 PM #14 of 31
Okay, I changed it into iso... if I burn it as a image.. will it work as a movie?

T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:52 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 11:52 AM #15 of 31
Damn internet connection went out but as for the DVD, yeah it should work. The only reason why it wouldn't work will probably be because the disc format is not supported by your DVD player. You can test the disc on your PC if you would like, WMP classic is a good program.

Most amazing jew boots
TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:15 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 10:15 AM #16 of 31
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ
WMP classic is a good program.
You mean MPC, Media Player Classic?

And secondly, I have run DVDFab Decrypter and then used DVD Shrink on the files without a problem MANY times. It's actually a very good 1-2 punch for get past copy protections, while being able to customize your rip.

BTW, are you an encoder (like MPEG-4 stuff)? And what do you use to do so?

~ Ready To Strike ~
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:46 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 12:46 PM #17 of 31
Here is a reason why I choose not to use DVD Fab Decrypter...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...683#post832683

Yes, I did mean media player classic, I'm trying to setup wi-fi access for DS Lite systems on all PCs...so I'm all over the place. :ashamed:

I only encoded once to mp4 format, nero digital does one fine job for compressing dvd files. As you can see, I'm not too keen on converting to divx or xvid since I use nero digital.

By the way, I wonder if anyone would be interested in a guide for using DVD Rebuilder with CCE SP. :eyebrow: The one posted on afterdawn's website is seriously outdated.

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:12 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 11:12 AM #18 of 31
I personally encode to MP4 all the time now using x264, Nero AAC, and MeGUI. It's really brilliant for movies and TV episodes. I'm encoding Smallville right now (40min episodes -> 350mb files) and it is really unbelievable quality.

I understand what the post you linked says, but for re-encoding (aka moving to MP4) that really doesn't matter, yes? I haven't had the slightest problem with files ripped that way. I suppose it would matter if you are trying to copy the DVD (w/ menus and such) which I never do. If I want the extras, I'm buying the DVD.

Double Post:
I've just started encode anamorphic as well. It's really amazing stuff.

Most amazing jew boots
~ Ready To Strike ~

Last edited by TheReverend; Jun 15, 2006 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:06 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 02:06 PM #19 of 31
No results on the image, just an imageshack ad. Guess you linked copied the wrong link. As far as I know, there was one DVD, the name of it slipped my mind but DVD Fab had done a poor rip which resulted in an impossible encode when converting to mp4. The suggestion among the members at the doom9 forums was to rip it with Decrypter and have AnyDVD run in the background.
I'll get into compressing once it becomes more mainstream, I'm not sure if there is any set top video player that'll play MPEG-4 files out of the box. :eyebrow:

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 15, 2006, 04:07 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2006, 03:07 PM #20 of 31
Originally Posted by T1249NTSCJ
No results on the image, just an imageshack ad. Guess you linked copied the wrong link. As far as I know, there was one DVD, the name of it slipped my mind but DVD Fab had done a poor rip which resulted in an impossible encode when converting to mp4. The suggestion among the members at the doom9 forums was to rip it with Decrypter and have AnyDVD run in the background.
I'll get into compressing once it becomes more mainstream, I'm not sure if there is any set top video player that'll play MPEG-4 files out of the box. :eyebrow:
I don't think there is a set top yet... but with iPod already supporting H.264 and MP4, you know it's gonna happen sooner or later.

New Link

~ Ready To Strike ~
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2006, 09:36 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2006, 10:36 AM #21 of 31
I hope it does happen sooner rather than later, with the high def formats making way...MPEG-4 conversions seems like a smart alternative.

Wow, Lana is short. :eyebrow:

I was speaking idiomatically.
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:00 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 09:00 PM #22 of 31
Originally Posted by Dayvon
Why do you still use DVD Decrypter? I know that it is one of the greatest freeware tools ever made, but with the newer encryptions (Arcchos, etc), DVD Decrypter is stumped. I know there are work arounds, but they seem pretty ridiculous.
May I ask what this Arcchos Encryption is about? IIRC the DVD-Video Standard implements copy protection (and therefore encryption) through the (long cracked) CSS. Only DVD-Audio uses some advanced methods. And we're taking about DVD video ripping here, am I right?

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 03:46 PM #23 of 31
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid
May I ask what this Arcchos Encryption is about? IIRC the DVD-Video Standard implements copy protection (and therefore encryption) through the (long cracked) CSS. Only DVD-Audio uses some advanced methods. And we're taking about DVD video ripping here, am I right?
Archos is a type of copy protection that doesn't break DVD standard, but does screw with DVD rippers. Basically, there is a part of the DVD that is only detectable by ripping programs (because they scan the entire disc) and that part is coded to give the ripper data redundancy errors. Thereby "locking" the disc. One of the first major DVD releases with Arcchos is HITCH, and many others distributed by Sony.

There are methods around it. AnyDVD, DVDFabDecrypter, & DVD43 break Arcchos, and even a manual algorythm thing (different for each disc) that you can input into DVD Decrypter.

FELIPE NO
~ Ready To Strike ~
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:11 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 11:11 PM #24 of 31
So its more a method making extraction of data more difficult? Does this also apply to ISO reading or its only affecting IFO mode (or maybe its universal). I'm a bit sceptical, because I don't seem to find any valid informations about this copy protection, only some hints that this protection will be used on HD-DVDs.

TheReverend
Rising Above The Rest

Member 4709

Level 26.30

Apr 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:05 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 07:05 PM #25 of 31
There are many threads on ARccOS (correct spelling) on the www.doom9.org forums. Here is a link to one.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=ARccOS

~ Ready To Strike ~

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > DVD Decrypter - how to use