Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:53 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2010, 10:53 PM #1 of 352
Repo Men- Almost every element could be tied to some other movie, so not entirely original but an entertaining flick if nothing else. Surprisingly, Jude Law works rather well as an action dude.
Tied to? The movie is a less inventive, far inferior version of REPO.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:21 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2010, 11:21 PM #2 of 352
Yes that's the most obvious since the plot is nigh identical, but it also takes a very strong cue from Brazil and some aesthetics from Blade Runner, among other things as well. Also it scores over Repo at least in so far as not featuring Paris Hilton. Like I said, original no, entertaining action flick, certainly.
If by aesthetics from blade runner you mean also influenced by german expressionism, sure. In that sense I suppose Equilibrium and Dark City are heavily influenced by Blade Runner, too.

Original, no. Entertaining action flick, no. Rubbish, start to finish.

You said yourself almost every element could be tied to other films, but the thing is every element can be tied to far superior films that used every element better and in a more clever manner. This movie is about as entertaining as having your balls gnawed on by a badger whilst someone reads Twilight aloud and shows you slides of their last Dan Brown-themed holiday.

I'm not wanting to turn this into a which of us has the bigger film dick competition, or saying you aren't entitled to your opinion. I'm just baffled by it. I think you're the first person I've heard give this movie a positive word. And seeing as how you clearly like some decent cinema, I'm shocked by the deviation.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2010, 12:42 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2010, 11:42 PM #3 of 352
You know, I didn't hate the Spirit. I've never been able to explain why.

Also, yeah. Right there with you on Fern Gully in 3D.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2010, 07:36 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2010, 06:36 PM 1 #4 of 352
Yeah, I hear they host them all on sites like isohunt and piratebay and demonoid.

You should look.

(I hear it is where Enceph got his)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2010, 02:37 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2010, 01:37 AM #5 of 352
Boardwalk.Empire.S01E01.Boardwalk.Empire.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi isoHunt Lite the BitTorrent & P2P search engine

Great show, DN. You'll love it.

P.S.

Zerg "Stevensen Yu" rinch

Being dissed by someone as shoddy as you isn't really a deterrent. I never felt bad when Yama or niki disapproved of me either.

I was speaking idiomatically.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2010, 09:54 PM Local time: Oct 22, 2010, 08:54 PM #6 of 352
I had super high hopes for that flick, but I really didn't enjoy it very much. Just seemed like it was trying too hard. You're right that Eugene Levy was wasted on American Pie, though.

Most amazing jew boots

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:38 AM Local time: Feb 2, 2014, 11:38 PM #7 of 352
Word's End isn't as purely funny as the other two, but it is hands down the best constructed of the three. It shows a real maturity in how it is designed, made and patched together. Edgar Wright, man. Something special.

FELIPE NO

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2014, 12:18 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2014, 11:18 PM 1 #8 of 352
Its still so fucking weird that Matt is from my hometown. Glad he's getting better work though. He was in terrible rom-com phase for a while there. But yeah, I'll watch this show whenever it hits instant.
Fucking Longview.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Movies/Shows you have seen recently?