Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] J-Pop: An Introduction (and discussion)

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:36 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:36 AM #101 of 609
Found a good download forum:

http://www.getasianmusic.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

You have a register to see some links, but it's worth it I think.

Double Post
Finally, some stuff from ADULT VIDEO!

Koi wa Maboroshi FOR MUSICIAN

A nice sequel to the Tsumiki Asobi dance. And hey, "it's that guy from Densha Otoko!"

I was speaking idiomatically.

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Last edited by Dhsu; Mar 30, 2006 at 01:06 PM.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 07:28 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 12:28 PM #102 of 609
New music day again for me. Today's deliveries:
- Morning Musume - SEXY BOY ~Soyo Kaze ni Yorisoutte~ [ single ]
- Natsumi Abe - 2nd ~Shimiwataru Omoi~ [ album ]
- Rie fu - ROSE ALBUM [ album ]
- Van Tomiko - Farewell [ album ]

So far I've given the Rie fu album a listen (and it's very good) and the Morning Musume single a few listens (it is also very good). I'll post my thoughts on the other two when I've given them a listen through.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 08:17 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 07:17 PM #103 of 609
Just thought I'd pop in and post the news about Utada Hikaru's 4th studio album.

Ultra Blue
TOCT-26067
¥3,059 (tax in)

13 tracks, including her singles COLORS, Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro, Be My Last, Passion, and Keep Tryin'

Her 2006 tour as Utada Hikaru and Utada, UTADA UNITED 2006, begins July 1st in Sendai and ends on September 10th in Tokyo.

FELIPE NO
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:32 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:32 PM #104 of 609
Originally Posted by Dhsu
Found a good download forum:

Finally, some stuff from ADULT VIDEO!

Koi wa Maboroshi FOR MUSICIAN

A nice sequel to the Tsumiki Asobi dance. And hey, "it's that guy from Densha Otoko!"
Haha, just got my copy of Adult Video and decided to watch it because of your comment. What's up with that video? He went quite insane. At first I thought you were referring to the actual Densha guy (Itoh Atsushi).

Getting it was a no-brainer after falling in love with Adult (which still gets massive plays every now and then).

I've actually fallen a little bit of out of the music scene due to lack of fundage/time, but I hope to get back into it soon. I remember hearing a bunch of love for YUI, who I don't know at all, but I apparently should. I'll try and check it out soon.

How ya doing, buddy?

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 07:20 PM #105 of 609
oh wow.... it's been a long time since I came back hehehe actually I just re-registered today lol

anyways... as for what's in my CD collection right now...
I'm really lagging behind on the new stuff so right now Im really depending on jpopsuki.com for stuff sighs...

been really into UVERworld a lot. Dammit, that Takuya can sing and scream and jump and write music. He's so talented hehe but I think his band is considered to be J-rock so I'll stop talking about UVERworld

and btw... Yellow Generation's DUAL single really pissed me off for some reason. Right after Tritoma and their album, Life-Size Protrait, they got really boring. I think that's why they kinda stopped recording cuz no one really liked DUAL and then their fans just went away. I was really disappointed with Dual >___< can'ts get over that

But I really liked Sowelu's To You and the coupling song, Finally both are very good songs but I like Finally better than To You. To You is a great "put me to sleep song" and Finally is kinda upbeat and makes me happy and giddy (omg, does anyone use that word nowadays???)

I recently found Koda Kumi's promise/star hanging on the shelf at a store so I decided to buy it for my brother but I keep forgetting to give it to him so I opened it for myself cuz there's a DVD in it. WOW. Promise PV is sooo beautiful. Star wasn't that great... I've been obsessed with Promise since I opened it.

AND Yoshika made me happy. Everytime I listen to her Second album Timeless it makes me happy. I can't believe she wrote almost all the songs. I say almost cuz a couple songs in there are written by m-flo and this other dude... I forgot his name. Anyways... I always thought Yoshika had this accent when singing english but she doesn't!!! Maybe she trips over some words but wow... I really liked the song "Come back to you" it makes me think, really think. Yoshika is cool!

Well... I don't think anything else is playing in my winamp right now haha... except for Hyori Lee but she's k-pop so I'll end my post here...

I MISS ALL OF YOU!!!

How ya doing, buddy?

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:16 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 08:16 AM #106 of 609
Hey Flara, good to see you back.

So, a few comments on my recent purchases:

- Morning Musume - SEXY BOY ~Soyo Kaze ni Yorisoutte~ [ single ]
I love, love, love this single. It's exactly what Morning Musume has always done so well, make upbeat, funky music that puts a smile on my face. I'm not sure how anyone can resist the catchiness of the tune, it's tops. The c/w track is decent enough, but it's not a patch on SEXY BOY.

- Natsumi Abe - 2nd ~Shimiwataru Omoi~ [ album ]
I was actually somewhat fearful about listening to this. The non-single tracks on Rainbow 7 weren't as strong as they perhaps should have been and so I worried this would be the case here too. However, I was wrong to worry as it's actually a very good, very solid album. Nacchi's recent singles have been very good and the non-single tracks more than match them for quality. A solid whole that's certainly worth a look.

- Rie fu - ROSE ALBUM [ album ]
This is a wonderful album. I heard some people use words like 'dull' and 'boring' when talking about this album, but it's complete piffle. Mellow at time maybe, but never boring. This is a great follow up album to a great debut album and I loves it. If you like acoustic guitar work then this should be top of your list to check out.

Another album I heard bad things about, people complaining about Tomiko's new style. Are you crazy? This is beautiful stuff, I love some of the instrumental work going on with this album. Folky and jazzy, a complete departure from the DAI style, but wonderful all the same. Thumbs up.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:45 PM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 08:45 PM #107 of 609
Just got a copy of YUI's album and while I think it's good music, for me, it's nothing to write home about. The talent is definitely there I think maybe I just need to give the album a couple more listens before I can make a concrete opinion. Usually though, once I give an album a full listen, I fall in love with it ^^;

I guess I've been in too much of a Hip-Hop mode right now to get into another style of music right now. I'll have to ease back into things.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:05 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 12:05 PM #108 of 609
FLARA! <3 Where have you been?!?!

Oh man, I can't wait for Hikki's new album. Oh, op, what do you think of Van's album? so-so? ok? sucks?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:24 AM #109 of 609
VEMPY!!! <3 Where have YOU been???

oooh thanks OP for reminding me... must find MM's SEXY BOY

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 02:20 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 07:20 AM #110 of 609
Originally Posted by vemp
Oh, op, what do you think of Van's album? so-so? ok? sucks?
Stop flirting with Flara and pay attention

From the above post I made:
Originally Posted by OmagnusPrime
Another album I heard bad things about, people complaining about Tomiko's new style. Are you crazy? This is beautiful stuff, I love some of the instrumental work going on with this album. Folky and jazzy, a complete departure from the DAI style, but wonderful all the same. Thumbs up.
In short: I really like it.

And Flara, yes, you really do need to get the SEXY BOY single as it's magnificent. Completely addictive. I re-downloaded the PVs last night as I love the dance that goes with it too. ^^

Rollins: Shame, but give the YUI album a few more listens, I (and others) found it's something of a grower and it might just grab you yet (though different strokes for different folks so she's not going to win everyone over necessarily).

Still loving this Angela Aki single, Kiss Me Good-Bye. The title track has completely won me over after I wasn't sure when listening to a sample. I think the English version is just a tad better than the Japanese one, but both are very good. The c/w track Santa Fe is amazing though. Worth getting for that track alone.

Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:51 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 11:51 PM #111 of 609
Oh. heh. I listened to Kiss Me Good-Bye. It's ok, I think I like Suteki Da Ne more.. don't hate me pls. But I LOVE Santa-Fe. It's like instant <3!

ps. hi Flara.

FELIPE NO
Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:30 PM #112 of 609
hey you know what song sounds a lot like Suteki Da Ne???
Planetarium by Otsuka Ai. I was absent mindedly listening to Planetarium and suddenly thought "hmmm... I don't remember putting Suteki Da Ne in my playlist..." and realized it was Otsuka Ai

Btw OP... I LOVE YOU!!!! YOU SEXY BOY!!! SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!! ahahaha I'm making no sense now hehe I just watched the PV and I guess this means another MM dance for me to imitate hehehe (still DL-ing the dance shot version...) ah this song makes me so giddy (omg i just said giddy again) I now understand what you mean now, OP.... this song makes me soooo happy!!! and the PV ish shoooo cute!!! it's kinda strange that now Mari Yaguchi is not in MM no more... wahhhh although I don't like her that much, I miss her...

ps: Hi Vempy~

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 02:33 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 07:33 AM #113 of 609
Originally Posted by Flara
Btw OP... I LOVE YOU!!!! YOU SEXY BOY!!! SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!! ahahaha I'm making no sense now hehe I just watched the PV and I guess this means another MM dance for me to imitate hehehe (still DL-ing the dance shot version...) ah this song makes me so giddy (omg i just said giddy again) I now understand what you mean now, OP.... this song makes me soooo happy!!! and the PV ish shoooo cute!!! it's kinda strange that now Mari Yaguchi is not in MM no more... wahhhh although I don't like her that much, I miss her...
That whole block makes me smile so much. ^_______________^

Vemp: it's not my favourite FF theme either, though I'd have to go with Eyes On Me as the top dog personally. I do, however, like Kiss Me Good-Bye more than I thought I would on listening to the sample they put up on her official website a while back. But yeah, Santa Fe for the win.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Technophile
With my hands...Be My Last

Member 680

Level 19.53

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 06:24 PM #114 of 609
Originally Posted by soulsteelgray
Just thought I'd pop in and post the news about Utada Hikaru's 4th studio album.

Ultra Blue
TOCT-26067
¥3,059 (tax in)

13 tracks, including her singles COLORS, Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro, Be My Last, Passion, and Keep Tryin'

Her 2006 tour as Utada Hikaru and Utada, UTADA UNITED 2006, begins July 1st in Sendai and ends on September 10th in Tokyo.
OMG I cannot wait for this! The name ULTRA BLUE has kinda grown on me. Makes me think the song with the same name will have a cool and slick electronic feel to it.

Also, since COLORS, Darekoro, Be My Last, Keep Tryin' & Passion are included outta the 13 tracks, and we'll probebly get 1 interlude, that leaves us with 7 new songs. Not bad. Hopefully they won't reveal that Wings will be on the album too cause that takes up one more space that a new song could have used and I hate that song anyway.

MatrixManNe0
Arkw?

Member 1602

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 07:29 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 05:29 PM #115 of 609
Hey, guys. Just wanted to give you a heads up on a site I found useful for j-music: http://www.jmignited.com It has good short clips to get the gist of other bands and their styles.

By the way, does anyone here know any artists similar to Ali Project?

Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 09:07 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 07:07 PM #116 of 609
Something that might interest of people into H!P and Japanese TV.

Yaguchi Mari will be in a new drama series "Glasar" starting this Saturday on NTV in Japan. Apparently the story of the series (as DramaWiki describes it) is a cowboy from the US goes to Shibuya to find a group of girls to dance para-para. (Darn that Hinoi Team, bringing back para-para dancing to the forefront.)

Probably not many of us can watch it in Japan, but I'm sure it'll pop up on D-Addicts for download. I might download the first ep just to see how it goes, but not too sure if I'll make a habit of it from the story description, haha.

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:00 PM #117 of 609
Originally Posted by Rollins
Apparently the story of the series (as DramaWiki describes it) is a cowboy from the US goes to Shibuya to find a group of girls to dance para-para.
Wait what? Does that even count as a story? What would a cowboy want to do with para-para girls?

The U.S. still has cowboys?

How ya doing, buddy?
Rollins

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:04 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 08:04 PM #118 of 609
Originally Posted by Ultima
Wait what? Does that even count as a story? What would a cowboy want to do with para-para girls?

The U.S. still has cowboys?
Haha, that's what I want to know. DramaWiki is pretty notorious for being vague with descriptions, but this is for a drama that hasn't even aired.

I guess if I cared a little more, I could go to the actual site and translate the story section, which I lack time to do right now.

Hey, chalk up the cowboy thing to Japanese conception of America. A lot of people do the same thing to Japan (everyone wears a kimono for example).

Flara
yours only

Member 4638

Level 10.40

Apr 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:18 PM #119 of 609
hey has anyone seen Koda Kumi's sort-of recent PVs like You, Feel, Lies and Someday?

I just finally realized they're connected hahaha
what did everything think about how she made those 4 PVs into a story kinda thing?

My personal thought: It kinda felt like a Mariah Carey kidna thing but who cares, it was kinda cool how it told love stories of those 3 guys... Someday made everything happy lol and it goes by that order: You, Feel, Lies, Someday

yes, I lag a lil behind on jpop

FELIPE NO

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:30 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 07:30 PM #120 of 609
I was a bit startled with the 12 Weeks PV release by Koda Kumi. Like you, I also realized that several were related to each other. I downloaded all PVs at the same time and just recently found the time to watch them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Apr 10, 2006, 10:12 PM #121 of 609
Originally Posted by Flara
hey has anyone seen Koda Kumi's sort-of recent PVs like You, Feel, Lies and Someday?

I just finally realized they're connected hahaha
what did everything think about how she made those 4 PVs into a story kinda thing?

My personal thought: It kinda felt like a Mariah Carey kidna thing but who cares, it was kinda cool how it told love stories of those 3 guys... Someday made everything happy lol and it goes by that order: You, Feel, Lies, Someday

yes, I lag a lil behind on jpop
I'm still a believer that Candy feat.Mr.Blistah is the prequel. It's the prequel, I tell you!

Ahem.

I downloaded the PVs as they came out weekly, and I found the mini-drama connection between those four PVs to be the main grab of the 12 singles. Every week I downloaded and hoped for a continuation, but eh, I had to wait awhile between PVs (except for the double whammy of Lies and feel, which were aired in that order).

I think Someday ended up being a slight cop-out with the "imagine that Kumi is with you again!" aspect, but hey, it's a good song.

Most amazing jew boots
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 02:56 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 07:56 AM #122 of 609
I like the idea behind some of the 12 PV Kumi thing (I don't think they were all linked, just some of them if memory serves), I just wish the songs had of been better. D.D.D. was a great track, as were a number of the earlier ones, but they just got a bit boring and nothingy, which is a shame.

Anyways, random news, they've finally released information on a-nation '06 - http://a-nation.net/pc/

For me this is excellent news as I'm going to be in Japan from 22nd July until 12th August so I'm hoping to sort out tickets to the Niigata day, which isn't that far from where my base of operations will be. Woo. ^_________^

Mr.Ramen
Chocobo

Member 1260

Level 10.88

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:27 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 09:27 PM #123 of 609
I'm just popping in to say L'arc~en~Ciel is the best Japanese band.
Bye.

Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:42 PM #124 of 609
I've (finally) heard YUI's new album. I'm glad to say that I think it's worth every bit of praise that it's been getting.

Otherwise, I've been into J-rock a lot lately. I've been listening to a lot of Sambomaster, and a friend recently got me into the Polysics. Awesome stuff. Unfortunately, I just got news that PIERROT recently disbanded. = (

As for the "Galcir" thing, I'm definitely going to try and catch that. It seems like it's going to be funny in that Japanese novelty kind of way (c'mon, it's Para-Para...) and it stars Fujiki Naohito. I lust after that man.

Speaking of J-pop stars on the screen, I think Shimatani Hitomi's going to be in the upcoming live-action movie version of Tennis no Ouji-sama.

Last edited by Lee-chan; Apr 16, 2006 at 12:55 PM.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 01:18 PM Local time: Apr 17, 2006, 02:18 AM #125 of 609
holy shit, Hitomi Shimatani sucks.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] J-Pop: An Introduction (and discussion)