Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:53 PM #126 of 723
Originally Posted by Reznor

What are you talking 'bout?

Double Post:
http://www.cubed3.com/news/4755

"I would say that we are progressing well with completing it," ... "And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution controller."
The only remakes I've ever seen for Gamecube was a promo disc which included Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and ALTTP.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 10:53 PM #127 of 723
Originally Posted by SouthJag
Through all my ranting, that's exactly the point I wanted to make. If it's being developed for the Gamecube, pushed for the Gamecube and sold on the Gamecube, why take this highly anticipated game away from fans for an entire year to, among other minor things, add controller compatibility for a system that's not even available yet?
The problem with your comment is that some of those "other things" are the continued tweaking of the controls for tighter response, and the adding of new content to the game on the whole. You make it sound like this shit was mostly for the Revolution extras.

Most amazing jew boots
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:01 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:01 AM #128 of 723
In which case I'd like to ask another question -- has it really taken an entire year for minor gameplay tweaks? I remember Nintendo making the initial delay from September to November in order to create an orchestrated soundtrack or something to that effect.

If they're going to delay such a major title, I would think that all of their fans would deserve a reason as to why on the day the delay is announced, ya know? We've been speculating this for what seems like ages and I think it's a bit unfair and selfish of Nintendo to keep this information and other info from gamers as far as delays are concerned.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:09 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 11:09 PM #129 of 723
Originally Posted by ramoth
IGN's quote is different from the one you posted.

I'm gonna go with IGN on this, kthnx.
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/shiggy/...oto-160820.php

And I'll take Kotaku over IGN.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:22 AM #130 of 723
If they're going to delay such a major title, I would think that all of their fans would deserve a reason as to why on the day the delay is announced, ya know? We've been speculating this for what seems like ages and I think it's a bit unfair and selfish of Nintendo to keep this information and other info from gamers as far as delays are concerned.
Who cares!

While you're on the soapbox, ask Sony why the Emotion Engine didn't exactly live up to the hype they gave us.

Originally Posted by Ken Kutaragi
"You can communicate to a new cybercity. Did you see the movie The Matrix? Same interface. Same concept. Starting from next year, you can jack into The Matrix!"

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:36 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:36 AM #131 of 723
I'm not on a soapbox -- I'm asking the same questions people ask me when they come into my store. And guess what? Those people happen to make up most of the gaming community.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:51 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 11:51 PM #132 of 723
So let's assume that TP actually came out this past September. Fast-forward to, let's say, a month after the Revo's launch. Don't you think Nintendo would have TP available to download from their online service by then?
the Revolution's virtual console service is only for NES, SNES and N64 games.
Get your facts straight before trying to talk down about anything.
If you wanna play GC games on Rev, you'll need the ACTUAL game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:53 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 08:53 PM #133 of 723
I'm not on a soapbox
Did you look down at your feet andmake sure or something?
I'm asking the same questions people ask me when they come into my store.
Originally Posted by SouthJag Previously
ya know?
Do your customers just march in "Oh ya know?"

Spoiler:
To which you obviously wont know

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by RABicle; Mar 16, 2006 at 07:57 AM.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:13 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 04:13 PM #134 of 723
Originally Posted by Elixir
The only remakes I've ever seen for Gamecube was a promo disc which included Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and ALTTP.
That is one heck of a magical promo disc since Link to the Past has only been remade for the GBA. The promo disc had Zelda I, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, while the bonus disc that came with Wind Waker (and I don't see how that doesn't count as a Zelda game =/) had Ocarina of Time and the Master Quest remix of it.

As for other GC Zelda games, there's also Four Swords+ which was quite good, even in single player.

RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:02 AM #135 of 723
sure, i'll use the ign quote.

Originally Posted by IGN
Asked how the GameCube adventure was progressing, Miyamoto responded: "I would say that we are progressing well with completing it. And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution controller."
that doesn't make it seem like two different versions will be released; it makes it seem that when you stick the gamecube game into the revolution, it will have the controller functionality.

this game is for gamecube-- if it were for revolution, it would be on a dvd-sized disc and would not run on the gamecube anyway! even if they are releasing it with revolution functionality, you can't see that as a bad decision. people who don't have a gamecube even will want a revolution because everybody likes zelda, and i'm sure nintendo couldn't get another zelda game out in time for the revolution's launch.

and seriously, i doubt it would take a full year to merely implement another control scheme... they've probably polished the game in other ways as well.

FELIPE NO
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:59 AM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:59 PM #136 of 723
Yeah, I don't get what this uproar is. The issue was that they delayed the game, I can understand the qualms about that even if it doesn't bother me personally, but what's all this "God, now they're forcing us to buy a Revo to play the it, ANGRY" crap?

As far as I can tell, it's like how Square put in PocketStation support into Final Fantasy VIII even though the thing was never released outside Japan.
It's just a bonus for anyone who wants it, just like GBA-GC extras in Metroid Prime and Fusion, or the use of a USB headset in Manhunt.

Oh but the level of unashamed whining that came from the GBA-GC connectivity. Next people are going to complain about how they need to buy a controller to play games.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:08 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 05:08 AM #137 of 723
I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to Zelda games.

So will this be the last Gamecube game ever released, or is the console going to turn undead like the Dreamcast? The european upcomings for the Gamecube consist of Sonic Riders, Twilight Princess and just a couple others. That's it.

Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:15 AM #138 of 723
For the love of God. The game has only been "delayed" a year in total. Ocarina of Time was delayed much, much more than that. We didn't piss and moan about it then, so I don't see why everyone's doing it now.

Wait.

"And one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution controller."

How are people coming to the "OMG WE HAVE TO BUY A REVOLUTION NOW WTF NINTENDO!!!" conclusion from that? "Taking advantage" of the Revolution controller could just be using the damn thing to move around instead of a GCN controler. It's not like it's even the only reason it was "delayed."

I understand that the game's highly anticipated, as I'm waiting too, but the backlash from any statement Nintendo makes about the game is ridiculous.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Black Mage; Mar 16, 2006 at 11:28 AM.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:20 AM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 12:20 AM #139 of 723
When it comes out we're going to praise it as the greatest game ever anyway. I guess naysayers need to cry themselves to sleep beforehand.

Most amazing jew boots
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:34 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:34 PM #140 of 723
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Next people are going to complain about how they need to buy a controller to play games.
Come on. Why should I be on the receiving end of hyperbole sarcasm for wanting to play a game to its full potential as truly intended?

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:55 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 08:55 PM #141 of 723
Originally Posted by Elixir
I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to Zelda games.

So will this be the last Gamecube game ever released, or is the console going to turn undead like the Dreamcast? The european upcomings for the Gamecube consist of Sonic Riders, Twilight Princess and just a couple others. That's it.
Well, they made SNES games for the console long after it "died", but only in Japan, naturally. I'm seriously doubting GC will have the same kind of constant semi-resurrection as DC did, though. Right now Odama and Twilight Princess are really the last GC games I'm looking forward to.

I was speaking idiomatically.

RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:56 PM #142 of 723
you know, i'm probably just going to buy the game, play it on gamecube, then get a revolution eventually and replay it with the controller.

SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:33 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 01:33 PM #143 of 723
Originally Posted by Tama8-chan
the Revolution's virtual console service is only for NES, SNES and N64 games.
Get your facts straight before trying to talk down about anything.
If you wanna play GC games on Rev, you'll need the ACTUAL game.
Without being a smartass, I was under the impression that one could download GC games with the online service.

FELIPE NO

Reading --
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
RushJet1
Chiptune Freak

Member 815

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:42 PM #144 of 723
Without being a smartass, I was under the impression that one could download GC games with the online service.
well that'd be nice, but since nintendo only included 512megs of flash memory on the revolution, and the gamecube games are ~1.5 gigabytes, you can see that it's impossible.

rev is fully backwards compatible though, so if you ever had gamecube games you can just put them in, and voila! they work. gamecube games will probably be significantly cheaper by the time revolution comes out (except for zelda!). also i wouldn't be surprised to see more steady framerates in games that struggled with it (and no, i don't mean all 30fps locked games will magically run at 60, i'm talking about ones that try to run at 60 and fail miserably).

i'm kind of hoping that if nintendo locks twilight princess at 30fps on gamecube (which, knowing nintendo, they will), that they'll let it run at 60 on revolution, as it will probably have enough power to do so, being >2x more powerful than gamecube.

Last edited by RushJet1; Mar 16, 2006 at 01:45 PM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:23 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 02:23 PM #145 of 723
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Well, they made SNES games for the console long after it "died", but only in Japan, naturally. I'm seriously doubting GC will have the same kind of constant semi-resurrection as DC did, though. Right now Odama and Twilight Princess are really the last GC games I'm looking forward to.
Nintendo's big in Japan, so I'd imagine they stick with Revolution titles there to keep the popularity.

Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 04:48 PM #146 of 723
Since the game is also playable on Gamecube, and only has Revolution compatibility as an afterthought, I can forsee the Revolution features for Twilight Princess being very gimmicky. But since the delay is pretty lengthy, perhaps it won't be much of a gimmick.

Most amazing jew boots
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 04:51 PM #147 of 723
If backwards-compatibility is a gimmick, sure.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 04:55 PM #148 of 723
Originally Posted by Megalith
If backwards-compatibility is a gimmick, sure.
I meant Revolution controller functionality. I should've made that clearer.

Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 05:06 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 09:06 AM #149 of 723
Qwarky's got the right idea....

Its not like Nintendo is FORCING us to buy a Rev to play TP.
The people who are complaining are those who just always HAVE to get EVERYTHING in the game in order to feel as if they've finished it.

Remember how pissed you were when you finished Metroid Prime/2 and you saw a big fat '99% Complete' next to your file?
Oh man, you just wanted to start up a new file and spend hours looking for that ONE upgrade or scan that eluded you.
And its not like Nintendo was forcing you to do that =P

I'm definitely buying a Rev anyway, so this whole thing about TP's rev abilities doesn't bother me at all.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:02 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 07:02 PM #150 of 723
Originally Posted by Tama8-chan
Qwarky's got the right idea....

Its not like Nintendo is FORCING us to buy a Rev to play TP.
The people who are complaining are those who just always HAVE to get EVERYTHING in the game in order to feel as if they've finished it.

Remember how pissed you were when you finished Metroid Prime/2 and you saw a big fat '99% Complete' next to your file?
*keyboard mash*

I dont think the completeness of the game relies on a different console, I think its just a slightly different style of gameplay and control.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion Thread