Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Dreamcast Games Won't Boot

Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:29 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 10:29 AM #1 of 4
Dreamcast Games Won't Boot

I've downloaded several Dreamcast games, and so far only Rayman: The Great Escape will boot. All the other games (which were all in CDI format BTW and claimed to be self-booting) will not boot, even with the Utopia Boot Disc (versions 1.1 or 1.2). I have used Alcohol 120% and even Boot Dreams to burn the CDs @ 4x/8x and they still won't boot. Here's the games I've tried so far (that didn't boot):

Soul Calibur
Power Stone 2 (see if you can get this to work with this torrent: http://www.mininova.org/tor/232483)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

I have followed the online steps to the letter and it still won't work. If I could at least get these to boot with the Utopia Boot CD I'd be very greatful.

Most amazing jew boots
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:45 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 07:45 PM #2 of 4
Just try again with a different brand of media. Either that or your Dreamcast laser is wearing out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
B4-Hunter
That's My Creed

Member 310

Level 25.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:49 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 08:49 PM #3 of 4
If you have weak laser just skip DC logo every time you boot a game. If your laser is ok then try this: Sega Dreamcast Burning / Backup FAQ. That should help. Dreamcast is one of the consoles that need to have properly burned games, otherwise it will not tolerate them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"We are all books containing thousands of pages and within each od them lies an IRREPARABLE truth."
- Assassin's Creed Ending
XBOX 360 LiVE ID: B4 Hunter PL
Playing on X360: Assassin's Creed, HALO 3
Playing on PC: Gears of War, Call of Duty 4
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 08:01 PM #4 of 4
Any ideas what the best media would be? I'm eyaballing Fujifilm or TAIYO YUDEN right now (or even possible those gold music CD-Rs?).

BTW: For those who have downloaded numerous DC CDI, BIN/CUE and ISO images (and ran them successfully on a DC) tell me exactly what you did to get the games to work?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Kaiten; Jul 25, 2006 at 10:15 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Dreamcast Games Won't Boot