Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Google ads = PDFs and quicktime?

Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 05:15 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 03:15 PM #1 of 7
Google ads = PDFs and quicktime?

Okay I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but here and on other sites that have google ads, they keep giving me quicktime warnings and popping up with a licence agreement for adobe reader. It make it really hard to visit the forums when you have to keep clicking decline everytime the page changes.

This just recently started happening today, so my guess is google changed something about their ads.

I just wanted to bring this to light and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:20 PM #2 of 7
That sounds ... very much like malware. Or IE-related at the very least.

What browser do you use and what version is it?
I wouldn't know about google ads because they are blocked by default on AdBlock in Firefox. If you're using something else, I would recomend that setup - Firefox + AdBlock.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by neus; Aug 14, 2006 at 11:22 PM.
Outlaw

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:44 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 09:44 PM #3 of 7
I'm useing IE6 if I remember right. The reason I'm saying it's google ads is due to the fact that every site that has them seems to have those things I mention pop up. I'll do an adaware scan to see if that finds anything since spysweeper and the virus scan found nothing...

EDIT: Adaware only found something called ADWARE.POP I deleted it but it didn't fix the problem....

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Outlaw; Aug 15, 2006 at 12:01 AM.
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:12 AM #4 of 7
If you're convinced it is spyware, give Spybot Search and Destroy a run. Make sure you update it before scanning though.
If that does not fix it, post the log file from HiJackThis here and we'll take it from there.

Your first priority, however, ought to be to get a better browser. The leading options are Firefox and Opera. While it takes a bit of time to get used to either, it is well worth the effort. Both of them are infinitely superior to IE in terms of security. Specifically with Firefox, you can get the AdBlock extension and make those google ads disapear forever.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Outlaw

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:45 AM Local time: Aug 14, 2006, 10:45 PM #5 of 7
Originally Posted by neus
If you're convinced it is spyware, give Spybot Search and Destroy a run. Make sure you update it before scanning though.
If that does not fix it, post the log file from HiJackThis here and we'll take it from there.

Your first priority, however, ought to be to get a better browser. The leading options are Firefox and Opera. While it takes a bit of time to get used to either, it is well worth the effort. Both of them are infinitely superior to IE in terms of security. Specifically with Firefox, you can get the AdBlock extension and make those google ads disapear forever.
Could have just been IE, because I downlaoded firefox and it would seem that the adobe thing doesn't pop up now...I guess I'll have to use it when I'm visiting sites with google adds on them then...

How ya doing, buddy?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 02:49 AM #6 of 7
That makes it sound even more like something's latched into your IE and is causing the problem.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Outlaw

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Aug 15, 2006, 03:00 AM Local time: Aug 15, 2006, 01:00 AM #7 of 7
Now that you mention it...I remember something poping up the other day before this all started to happen, it was a norton thing that said IE was trying to accsess the internet. I didn't think much of it so I just it 'allow' Could that have something to do with it? Even if the virus scans and spyware scans came up nothing.

Also could someone move this to the help desk form because this is becoming a general problem and anwser thread then a "I just wanted to point this thing out" one.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Google ads = PDFs and quicktime?