Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Any good recomennded downloading rare stuff programs...

Chingy
Good Chocobo

Member 1075

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2008, 09:25 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2008, 02:25 PM #1 of 12
Any good recomennded downloading rare stuff programs...

Hi there,

I have troube with downloading some rare stuff which is really hard to come by!

What I know is Emule is really great program to download rare videos, music etc...

Sometimes I have hard time to get what I want, so is there any other optionals good programs you guys can recommend me?

Much appreciate if you could help me to sort this problem out!

Cheers!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2008, 11:06 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2008, 12:06 AM #2 of 12
In general I find bittorrent more reliable than eMule.

Download and install uTorrent, and ask around for some good torrent sites.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Chingy
Good Chocobo

Member 1075

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:09 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2008, 06:09 PM #3 of 12
I have tried most of the torrent sites like piratebay, demonoid, mininova, suprnova etc...

I guess torrent is more reliable than eMule, but hey... I can find more rare stuff from there than torrent, you know...

I only know some very few websites which is really great to leech what I need for.

If anyone could still recommend me some great programs, I do appreciate a lot!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
BlindMonk
A ride! Now that's a good idea!

Member 28143

Level 18.68

Feb 2008

Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:46 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2008, 01:46 PM #4 of 12
Torrents are just about all you'd need, but what kind of rarities are you looking for? Usually there's a specific site or two which specializes in a given field. (e.g.: Karagarga and Cinematik for vintage, foreign, or obscure art house cinema)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chingy
Good Chocobo

Member 1075

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 07:22 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 12:22 PM #5 of 12
Well, actually sometimes I'm looking for some music albums which is hard to come by from torrents. Most of my lucks is everything from eMule.

So it means you guys doesn't have any other clues...? sorry for the late respond...

I was speaking idiomatically.
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 08:56 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 08:56 AM #6 of 12
List the ones you're looking for, please.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
Chingy
Good Chocobo

Member 1075

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:19 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 03:19 PM #7 of 12
Alright...

Hiromi Uehara - Beyond Standard
Hiromi Uehara - Duet
Brian Gore (Any kind of his albums)
Don Ross - Music for Vacuum
Don Ross - Harbord Trio : Circle of Stone
Tony Grey - Chasing Shadow

Well, I think most of the stuff I'm looking for is written up here.
Everything is music album by the way...

FELIPE NO
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:22 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 11:22 PM #8 of 12
This seems to have crossed over into "Audio Requests". May I suggest you start a request thread in that board, Chingy? You may get a better response than from Help Desk.

How ya doing, buddy?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Chingy
Good Chocobo

Member 1075

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 10:51 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 03:51 PM #9 of 12
Well, actually my first intention wasn't requesting audio anything, but some good programs to download rare stuff.

The guy ^-^ asked me to list what I'm looking, so I did it.

I'm still requesting any good programs though, just nevermind my audio request for now.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:05 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 10:05 AM #10 of 12
Limewire perhaps?

You might also try getting DC++ and finding a good jazz hub.

If you're desperate, you can look into IRC and Usenet as a last resort.

Most amazing jew boots

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery

Last edited by Dhsu; Jun 18, 2008 at 11:10 AM.
nanaman
BASKETSLASH

Member 25298

Level 18.44

Oct 2007

Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:11 AM Local time: Jun 18, 2008, 06:11 PM #11 of 12
Unfortunately, as far as I know, eMule seems to be the best program to get rare stuff overall from.
I use it as well for whatever rare stuff I want to get.

For the artists you're looking for that play jazz fusion, this blog will be your best bet.
I didn't find any albums of the with the search feature on the site (which only seems to work sometimes), but if you post a comment in any of the releases about a request, if someone has it they might give it to you.
The files are mostly flac or high quality mp3, and shared through share sites like rapidshare so if you don't have an account it can be quite tedious to get some of these files, but it's worth the trouble if you're an audiophile like me.
Anyhow, it's THE best site on the net for jazz fusion and if you check it out regularly you might get some very nice surprises, there are also lots of releases from all over the world that you simply CAN'T find anywhere else!

But really, if you do have the money, I think you're better off just buying some of these these albums, especially albums like Tony Grey's or Don Ross because it shouldn't be hard to find as Tony Grey's is a new release and you can find Don Ross' CD on Candyrat Records.
It'll be much easier for you to actually buy them, which will in the end bring in some well deserved money to those great musicians.
Unless you really want to make sure it's something you really want before you buy it, as I can totally relate to that as I'm damn picky about the music I like.

By chance, someone uploaded an old Tony Grey album from 2004 this last month, so if you go to May's releases (which you can find down at the link to the left) you'll find a link there of it if you don't already own this album. Great album, I listened to it the other day as a matter of fact.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Chingy
Good Chocobo

Member 1075

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2008, 01:57 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2008, 06:57 AM #12 of 12
Limewire perhaps?

You might also try getting DC++ and finding a good jazz hub.

If you're desperate, you can look into IRC and Usenet as a last resort.

I will try to check it out! Is it hard to use IRC? I haven't bother trying to use it so much in a long long time!

Unfortunately, as far as I know, eMule seems to be the best program to get rare stuff overall from.
I use it as well for whatever rare stuff I want to get.

For the artists you're looking for that play jazz fusion, this blog will be your best bet.
I didn't find any albums of the with the search feature on the site (which only seems to work sometimes), but if you post a comment in any of the releases about a request, if someone has it they might give it to you.
The files are mostly flac or high quality mp3, and shared through share sites like rapidshare so if you don't have an account it can be quite tedious to get some of these files, but it's worth the trouble if you're an audiophile like me.
Anyhow, it's THE best site on the net for jazz fusion and if you check it out regularly you might get some very nice surprises, there are also lots of releases from all over the world that you simply CAN'T find anywhere else!

But really, if you do have the money, I think you're better off just buying some of these these albums, especially albums like Tony Grey's or Don Ross because it shouldn't be hard to find as Tony Grey's is a new release and you can find Don Ross' CD on Candyrat Records.
It'll be much easier for you to actually buy them, which will in the end bring in some well deserved money to those great musicians.
Unless you really want to make sure it's something you really want before you buy it, as I can totally relate to that as I'm damn picky about the music I like.

By chance, someone uploaded an old Tony Grey album from 2004 this last month, so if you go to May's releases (which you can find down at the link to the left) you'll find a link there of it if you don't already own this album. Great album, I listened to it the other day as a matter of fact.

Wow, that blog site looks very awesome! never knew something like this blog exist!

Well, I managed to download Tony Grey his first album long time ago, so I'm looking for his second album!

Well, I'm agree with you that I should support the artists, but as you know... before I want to buy something, I want to listen to the album before I find it worth to spend my money on it.

If you still know where I can get some rare audio files around the net, I still appreciate your help a lot!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Any good recomennded downloading rare stuff programs...