Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

How to "complete" a DVD that was converted from a VHS tape

mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2008, 09:13 AM #1 of 2
How to "complete" a DVD that was converted from a VHS tape

So some time ago my rents converted some VHS tapes to DVD for me to watch on my computer.

I put them in, nothing. Nero sees it as a new DVD. I have used Isobuster, and found there ARE files on there.

I am not sure which VHS-to-DVD burner or whatnot thing my parents used but I am guessing it didn't complete the job so the DVD's made can be played on any DVD player.

Any ideas on how to "complete" the DVD so it will run?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:05 PM Local time: Jun 10, 2008, 11:05 AM #2 of 2
The term is called "finalizing". Your parents should have done this on their DVD recorder.

You should be able to use Isobuster to rip out the files from there, and burn to a new (and finalized) disc.

There MAY be ways to finalize with Nero or IMGBurn if it were DVD+R, but definitely not with DVD-Rs...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Last edited by Zergrinch; Jun 9, 2008 at 10:07 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > How to "complete" a DVD that was converted from a VHS tape