Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Takes too long to copy files from a cd to my hard drive

Dagobert
Chocobo

Member 25642

Level 10.44

Oct 2007

Old Jun 8, 2008, 08:35 PM #1 of 3
Takes too long to copy files from a cd to my hard drive

I was backing up some of my stuff on a DVD since I wanted to format my computer. Now after formatting it, and when trying to copy some of the files and folders from the DVD back on to my computer it's taking way too long. Like it's taking me about 60 minutes to copy a 1gb file right now. I have 2 DVD drives and each one is taking to long to copy anything from it. It's reading the disc fine cause I can open the files, and I just burned some movies a few minutes ago and it burning it just fine.

Also it doesn't take the entire 60 minutes to copy it, it's less than more like 20 minutes but still that's way too long than it should take, I've copied 4GB folders in about 3 minutes or so in the past.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Dagobert; Jun 8, 2008 at 08:40 PM.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2008, 09:20 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2008, 10:20 AM #2 of 3
Make sure that you are copying from DVD to hard disk. If you try to have multiple copy sessions, it makes it very slow.

If this is not the case, your DVD drives may have fallen into PIO mode. This page should help you troubleshoot and hopefully fix the problem.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Dagobert
Chocobo

Member 25642

Level 10.44

Oct 2007

Old Jun 9, 2008, 02:39 AM #3 of 3
Yea I only have one thing copying at a time, I'll try doing what it says on that site, thanks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Takes too long to copy files from a cd to my hard drive