Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

OUTRAGE!!! You fat bastards!!!

Sal
Surrounded by Roos

Member 1070

Level 7.15

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:41 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 01:41 PM 1 #1 of 4
OUTRAGE!!! You fat bastards!!!

Well, quite the opposite.

Mum defends 10-year-old bodybuilder | Herald Sun

Some kid in Australia did some bodybuilding poses in a competition and she and her parents were 'demonoised' for it. Apparently it's unsafe and unhealthy.

Okay, I can sort of buy that. I totally go for the idea that kids should be allowed to be kids. The Olympics are a good example. I do feel that some of the competitors are too young. However...

Right, now turn it around a bit.
Childhood obesity is one of the biggest health problems around today. So, where's the 'outrage' about all the fat kids waddling around? I see far more fat kids around than anything else. I've seen this in the UK and Australia (and if you deny that it's a problem in the US you're a dirty fucking liar). And now it's becoming a problem in Asia.
The Asian diet comprising generally of rice, vegetables and seafood has now been more westernised with the introduction of the likes of MacDonalds and other western fast food chains. The population in now beginning to grow (weight-wise) as a result.

Tradiational home cooked food takes longer to prepare, more women working these days so it's an inevitable part of their progress that convenience takes presidence. Sorry to add the sexism element to it but it's true. Most men'll take the easiest route possible when it comes to grub.

Which brings me to Pot Noodles. Noodle Pots. Noodle Boxes, etc, etc. The things that come in cylindrical pots you fill with hot water. How the sweet fuck do they manage to contain so much fat??!?! It's noodles! And a bit of gravy-esque shit?!!? I've seen some containing as much as 30g of fat. HOW?!

On a side note the 'heathly' options don't work/ are shite. Weight Watchers deserts are quite nice though. As for the so-called healthy meals - forget them. They're full of salt and calories and often not particulary low fat and they're expensive. Just cook for yourself.

These things lead you to believe you can eat as you always have done, but in reality, if you want to lose weight you can't.

Eat more fruit, vegetables & grains. Eat less fat. Move more. Simple as. Buy a rice cooker and a steamer. Godsends.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:44 AM 1 #2 of 4
So, where's the 'outrage' about all the fat kids waddling around?
You're obviously never been to America. We have summer blockbusters on our news television just like in our theaters - three years ago, the trend was reports on shark attacks. The year after? Fat kids.

Everyone is aware, its just that the link you cited is the totally opposite end.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:01 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 02:01 PM 2 1 #3 of 4
The problem is that schools have really come down hard on bullying in recent years. When I was at school, the fat kids got abuse pretty much constantly throughout the day. To escape their tomentors they either lost weight or killed themselves, both of which do wonders for the obesity statistics. These days though kids get in trouble for insulting the fat kids, apparently it's unkind to pick on them just because they're fat. Fuck that, being fat isn't a natural thing, it's a lifestyle choice. You choose to eat shit and waddle around then you're accepting that normal people are going to point at you and laugh.

I'm also in favour of making sweet shop doors no more than 10 inches wide by law. It'd keep out the fatties and make great entertainment for the rest of us when the braver ones tried it and got stuck.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:15 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 09:15 AM 1 #4 of 4
I don't have a study to cite, but it does not seem like a great leap to make that if your parents are fat (and more and more adult Americans are) there's a good chance your kids will be fatties too -- not because it's genetic or anything, but because overeating is a learned behavior. Plus, if you're eating at McDonalds four times a day, you're likely dragging your broodlings along with you.

Maybe some scary outreach PSAs targeted at parents more telling them "Hey, your kids are going to be fat if you don't set a good example, so put down the XL Coke..." would be effective. Not holding my breath though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > OUTRAGE!!! You fat bastards!!!