Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I love cooking with wine, sometimes I put food in it.

Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:13 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2010, 05:13 PM #1 of 5
I love cooking with wine, sometimes I put food in it.

I usually have a 64oz. bottle of Sake in my cupboard for specific reason being I cook with it a lot. I'll even reach for my special reserve Shochu (Iichiko is my personal favorite) if I'm out.

Some of my favorite recipes I default to seem to rely heavily on the use of alcohol, but I'm not sure if that's just the way I grew up or if there's some exact schience to booze making food tasting good other than influencing your brain to want to eat.

What are some dishes you've had that actually featured a special type of booze?

A few years ago Niekon made a Guinness-soaked/basted Boar Rib roast that was absolutely divine. I'm guessing the recipe called for just plain old beer but the only beer the man had available was a keggerator with Guinness Stout in it, so that was what he used. Results? Well, you have me, a non-fan of red-meat raving about boar ribs. I can assure you it's probably not the beer talking.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2010, 09:04 PM #2 of 5
I usually have a 64oz. bottle of Sake in my cupboard
So now I know how many ounces your head is.

Cooking with beer is p easy. Maybe somebody with more cooking expertise can correct me, but in my experience it doesn't really matter what beer you use when cooking. Crappy beer, or a beer style you don't like, will still make a good dish. I've tried a few different kinds with sausages and I never disliked the results.

How ya doing, buddy?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:29 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2010, 10:29 PM #3 of 5
I don't agree with that "don't use good beer/rum/wine when cooking" concept. I cook with beers I like the taste of. If you like the taste when you drink it, you'll like the taste of it when it's cooked down and concentrated.

Myself, I use Guinness with steaks and ribs all the time. The flavour just can't be beat.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 07:05 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2010, 05:05 PM #4 of 5
To me, that all depends on how tender the meat is. I've noted that cheap lagers like Natural Light are great when marinating carne asada skirt steaks because you don't really end up with the taste of it. After all, most of the taste comes from the spices I make to season my meats anyway so using cheap beers for thin steaks is a good compromise.

Now, do I have a few New York cuts that I want to take care of? Well then, now a proper stout like Guinness or Beamish will be mighty good. I've noted that pale ales like Fat Tire, Sierra Nevada or Killian's are good depending on what side dish I serve with them.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:09 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2010, 08:09 PM #5 of 5
Harp makes a scary good roast chicken.

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > I love cooking with wine, sometimes I put food in it.