Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hey, I just got a question about speaker systems
Closed Thread

Weeklan
Weeklan #02

Member 1605

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 05:39 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 11:39 AM #1 of 5
Thumbs up Hey, I just got a question about speaker systems

Yo,

I got a 2.1 speaker system (I think that's correct) 2 speakers, plus a sub-woofer. (sp?)

Anyways... I was just wondering if I switch it OFF every time I turn off my computer is a good thing? Because I got a little dial which I rotate to either turn up the volume, add bass power or switch off entirely. I was wondering if it was a good idea to do that?

I noticed a bit of 'fuzz' from my speakers when high pitched stuff is played (think of a woman hitting those high notes when singing), and I dunno but did turning my speakers off/on contribute to the cause? And is actually turning them off myself a good idea when my computer shuts down?

thanks for any helpful input.

edit - ok, closed. cheers all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
FFS!!

Last edited by Weeklan; May 20, 2006 at 09:36 PM.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 06:25 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 01:25 PM #2 of 5
Turning your speakers off shouldn't damage them. My guess is that you just put the volume too loud, and the speakes are pretty cheap. Could that be the case?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Weeklan
Weeklan #02

Member 1605

Level 11.46

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 07:47 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 01:47 PM #3 of 5
Hells no THEY AIN'T CHEAP! ACKK! WHAT AN INSULT MAN, WHY??!

It's just the file, it was an .avi, audio encoded at 128kbps or lower so maybe that was it. but if turning it off each time doesn't effect my speakers in any way then it was probably that file, and yes I had it turn it up. (bitrate was low so... yeah)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FFS!!
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 08:01 AM #4 of 5
All Computer Speakers suck and are cheap. The closest to decent is Klipsch, and even they are terribly weak compared to a decent pair of speakers.

Turning your speakers off and on, as long as it's not in rapid succession over and over, will not damage them.

Most amazing jew boots
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2006, 10:22 AM Local time: May 20, 2006, 08:22 AM #5 of 5
Sounds like my set of Logitech Z-2300's. Logitech tends to make their speakers be able to go louder than they should, so you could very easily break them if you're blasting them.

Just don't set them too high, and they should be fine. And there is no problem with shutting them off that I'm aware of.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Hey, I just got a question about speaker systems