Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread
Closed Thread

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 03:36 AM #26 of 1438
Well, my MUGEN torrent finished a few hours ago, and the wait was well worth it. Everything comes fully installed, with significant improvements.

This version ditches the awful round choir (thank god) and replaces it with exactly what I wanted; the announcer and font of Capcom vs SNK 2. I find the commentary amusing enough to work for this insane crossover.

The selection screen is also nicely organized, although I think they were exaggerating when they said 500 characters were included. That barely looks like 200, and there's still plenty missing, including the ones I had to search all over online to find (but then that's one of the perks of this thread). The characters included are mostly awesome (though some of the DBZ customs are a bit lame), including one pleasant surprise.

Sweet. Just sweet.

(although none of the transformers have many moves. still, it's the thought that counts)

The other advantage of this torrent is that the AI difficulty is much easier on your sanity. Fights don't feel nearly as impossible (except for my match against Evil Ryu. Only someone of DBZ proportions could defeat that cheap bastard. That someone was Nightmare Broli, by the way).

It really is amazing how well most of these sprites look together. Remind me again why they haven't made Street Fighter vs Guilty Gear yet?

The torrent includes mp3s for each stage, though most are hit or miss. I love Room of Angel and Tender Sugar (SH4) as much as the next guy, but I certainly don't think of them as fighting music.

This time, you can say he's compensating with that sword. He has some pretty cool moves though.

But in short, I strongly recommend grabbing this torrent as soon as you can. It has all the awesomeness of MUGEN without much of the fuss.

Finally, I don't know what godless being conjured up the following custom character, but I won't be sleeping tonight because of him.

Spoiler:

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 05:39 AM #27 of 1438
Well ive decided to get back into MUGEN..its been years but i dont know where to start. You guys keep mentioning a torrent in this thread but i cant seem to find it O.o. Also..any One Piece characters available?

EDIT: Just tried my hand at editing..DEF. not for me. I guess im gonna have to dl that torrent..though i am hesitant..1.2gigs is alot for mugen O.o. I just want someting small to get me going.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Ramenbetsu; Jul 24, 2006 at 06:26 AM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 01:48 PM #28 of 1438
Most of the space on that torrent is likely toward the mp3's included. The character roster is pretty small compared to what seasoned MUGEN players have.

Here's the next recommended character, the arcade version of Super Saiyan Goku.

There's tons of custom Goku characters out there, but this one, in my opinion, is the best Goku you can find. His sprite is large and well animated, and he has a cool assortment of moves that make him powerful but not cheap. If you're looking for DBZ characters, I strongly recommend to stick to the arcade sprites, even if they're few in number.

http://rapidshare.de/files/26870582/goku.rar.html

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Soldier; Jul 24, 2006 at 02:17 PM.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:16 PM #29 of 1438
Dang, I'm getting 0kb/s from this "Mugen for Windos" torrent prepatched with EVE. I'll be patient, since trying to patch on EVE myself would result in laborious disaster on my part, and I deleted the set anyways.

That MaiK character sounds exciting with a 130 hit combo. She's that Mai character from Eternal Fighter Zero that has the bunny spirit following her.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 03:19 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 03:19 PM #30 of 1438
I'm not even seeing any seeds for the prepack Mugen with EVE, but I'll stay on the torrent for a while and see if that picks up.

THis looks pretty sweet, but I'll probably just end up using this for more moderate matches, like bringing alpha 3 vs 3rd strike, or guilty gear vs mvc2. Good stuff, though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:59 PM #31 of 1438
K, I'm gonna start uploading this to a YSI for you guys.

FELIPE NO
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 08:20 PM #32 of 1438
Actually, I'm over halfway done now, looks like my uTorrent just wasn't pinging the server right. Thanks, though, Bigworm.

[Edit]: Sorry, all caps threw me off. >_>

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Skexis; Jul 25, 2006 at 12:21 AM.
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:42 PM #33 of 1438
Originally Posted by BIGWORM
K, I'm gonna start uploading this to a YSI for you guys.
I'd Still appreciate this BIGWORM :biggrin:

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:26 PM #34 of 1438
Maybe once I get tired of finding characters and stages, I'll provide my own link. At this rate it'll be a massive download. I've spent all day searching through japanese sites and such, and I've hit the motherload. KOS-MOS, Evil Karin, that guy from Bleach, Jedah, Q-Bee, Sol, Chipp, May (can't find Dizzy though), Apocalypse, Bishamon, Nakoruru, Rimururu, Cobra, Iron Man, etc.

I could just link you to all the sites I've found, but I'm afraid the increased bandwith might cause them to shut down their sites, like the previous MUGEN owners. I'll just continue to honor any requests (and hopefully you can help me with mine).

I'm still looking for Homer, Spider-Man, Venom, and Dizzy.

Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:32 PM #35 of 1438
Are there any one piece characters available? I cam across THIS video on youtube but other than that, no luck.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:10 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 07:10 PM #36 of 1438
I tried to mess around with MUGEN several years ago, but it was just too complicated. Seeing that video in the first post makes me want to try it out again. Is there a version that's more user-friendly?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:26 AM #37 of 1438
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...DFE11533E0371E

part 1. I'll get the second part going right now.

Most amazing jew boots
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:50 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 02:50 AM #38 of 1438
Anyone else have success with fixing the music? As much as I hate hearing some of the "battle" tracks that were chosen, the game isn't quite as interesting without something playing in the background.

I'd kill to hear some of these matches with Machinae Supremacy playing for BGM.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:59 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 09:59 AM #39 of 1438
Originally Posted by Skexis
Anyone else have success with fixing the music? As much as I hate hearing some of the "battle" tracks that were chosen, the game isn't quite as interesting without something playing in the background.

I'd kill to hear some of these matches with Machinae Supremacy playing for BGM.
Not sure what you mean by "fixing" since I've only read about people having trouble with sound, while I've had no issues whatsoever. I was told if you have hardware acceleration for sound in windows, it sometimes causes trouble. I turned mine off just in case, but hadn't had issues before that (except one single time the loading music started skipping for me).

You can just add Machinae Supremacy mp3s in the sounds folder and set the theme for certain stages.

As for anything else with fixing the music:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=40388.0

As for my mugen, here's where I am so far.

It's still a bit of a mess, I hadn't cleared out the empty spots as I haven't worked on it for a few days. I spent most of my weekend combing through the character roster and throwing out any and all crappy and ugly "original" characters and clumsy edits (Cyber Gouki, etc). There was one character that caused my game to crash when trying to load the title screen and I spent a few hours trying to figure out who it was, adding a single row of characters at a time to see where it might be.

Once I clear out the emptry spots in the roster, I'll try to arrange the characters, although the collection is still extremely random. I have about three SF3 chars and two SFA2 ones, so neither torrent is very good for anyone who wants a proper collection.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jul 25, 2006 at 03:06 AM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 03:09 AM #40 of 1438
Same here. The only problem I've had with the music is that sometimes the VS theme won't play. A couple of times the music wouldn't play in a certain stage. Something to do with acceleration I guess.

One problem that's more common is MUGEN resetting when it loads a stage that I personally set. I was certain I put everything correctly, but I still get an error message. Could it be a problem in the stage itself? Someone give stage this a try and tell me if it works for you.

http://rapidshare.de/files/26928461/...avens.zip.html

I also second any One Piece characters.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 03:45 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 03:45 AM #41 of 1438
By fix I meant that the music has been crashing the game on me like it was with BIGWORM.

It doesn't play correctly when I go into the game, it will act like there's not enough resources and stutter constantly, until I put the character select on random, and for some reason the constant character select sound will make background stuff more consistent.

It could be a hardware acceleration problem...I'll test it out and see if that helps.
[Edit] Yep, with acceleration off it seems to work fine. Does anyone know how to turn hardware acceleration off for specific programs like Mugen, so I don't lose it for others?

Last edited by Skexis; Jul 25, 2006 at 03:55 AM.
Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:24 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 07:24 AM #42 of 1438
Hey guys: Its there a MUGEN compilation who gets "parry" like SF3?

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:28 AM #43 of 1438
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...60D1532E08FD27

part 2. Enjoy.

Frylock
Syklis Green

Member 1779

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:33 PM #44 of 1438
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
IMPORTANT: And here is the quickest and easiest way to get started on MUGEN. EVE is already installed, along with several hundred characters, stages, and music. I definetely recommend you start your MUGEN experience with this.

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/53...ers_200_stages
Dead torrent. Can I get a fresh link or the name of the torrent file?

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:50 PM #45 of 1438
Bigworm is uploading it as we speak (grab part 1 in his latest post). The torrent was called "Mugen for Windos" (yes windows was spelled that way).

Quote:
Hey guys: Its there a MUGEN compilation who gets "parry" like SF3?
I've seen some SF characters use parry, but I think that ability is only available to select characters (unless someone created a custom character who can parry).

Does anyone know what to do when you want to put two characters with the same name? I've been trying to add Super Goku, but his folder reads as "goku", just like the other character I have (normal goku). I tried to change all the names in the folder to "Super Goku", but the character won't display. This is still something I'm trying to figure out; when you're adding a character in the .def file, where are you supposed to get the name from? The name of the folder, a certain file in the character folder? I'm still figuring it out.

Why is Popeye so awesome in this game?

I was speaking idiomatically.
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 03:26 PM #46 of 1438
the "character.def", folder name, and your select.def entry must all read the same.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 03:34 PM #47 of 1438
So whatever the name of the .def file of that character is must be the same when I put it on the select.def?

In this case, Super Goku's .def file name is ssjsongoku. So that's what I put in select.def? I'll try it.

FELIPE NO
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:26 PM #48 of 1438
so it should look like ssjsongoku.def in the character's folder, the folder name is going to be ssjsongoku, and the insertion in the select.def file in the \data folder is ssjsongoku.def . That should be the beans right there.

Ken Hikari
Silent Protagonist

Member 395

Level 13.07

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:58 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 10:58 PM #49 of 1438
Huge thanks to BIGWORM for the YSI files. I'm downloading as we speak so I too can enjoy the crazy awesomeness that is Mugen.

Quick question, I've tried Google and whatnot, but what is a good site to get a lot of quality characters and levels that one can download and add to the roster of this game?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 02:19 AM #50 of 1438
As I said before, many MUGEN sites closed down due to direct linking and such. But in order to spare my sanity from hosting characters, I'll start tossing sites. Here's a good one.

http://randomselect.i-xcell.com/

It was thanks to that site that, after many hours of searching, I finally managed to obtain Juggernaut.

Still can't find Spider-Man though.

Also, I was able to fix the characters with Bigworm's advice. The file that has the character info must have the same name as the character's .def file in order to work.

Does that same rule apply to stages though? Some stages still won't display.

Also, how do you add in minigames? I've found a couple like a Metal Slug minigame where you blow up a train, but how do you have the bonus stages appear in arcade mode?

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [:plant:] Official MUGEN Thread