Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Doujin Game Master List

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:56 PM #26 of 102
Note: Uh, if you guys are having excessive trouble, then I'll try to sendspace a zip file or something. Sorry about that, just lazy to upload, and I couldn't find anywhere else to get it from.
_____
List Continued (only the Red entries of the first post):
---

Akatsuki *
Azu Fighter
Cave Story
Drill Milky Punch
Duo Princess
Gochamaze no Arashi
Ika-Chan
Magical Feeling 2 *
Melon Squash (D)
Mind Arms
Super Marisa Land

_____

Akatsuki
---
A fighting game with a number of characters you can count on one hand, it's actually well animated and loads quickly. The super bar takes quite a while to build up in this game.
Azu Fighter
---
A fighting game based off of the anime series "Azumanga Daioh." Fight as all your favourite girls including Osaka-chan and Chiyo-chan in this wacky beat-em-up. Secret characters anyone?

Cave Story
---
An awesome and free platformer involving a robot with lost memories. Together with the help of some friendly companions, you fight to discover the secrets of the island and liberate the Mimiga race from the evil Doctor. Many challenging bosses, hidden secrets and metroidesque gameplay.
(pics yoinked from caiman.us)
Drill Milky Punch
---
This is quite an elaborate spin-off that seems to be inspired by the Smash TV series. Well not very complex, but visually vibrant. One button smacks your foes away from you into other foes, while the other button stuns your foes. Do all this while avoiding the mass onslaught of incoming cuties! Be warned, it may be easy at first, but the enemies come in massive swarms the longer you play!
Duo Princess
---
A fan game based on Dewprism/Threads of Fate. A beat-'em-up action rpg, distantly styled in Ragnarok Online fashion, only without the obssessive online element. It'll take 2-3 hours to complete in one sitting (with a friend). Acquire new magic spells and face bosses spread out over approximately 5 (long) stages.
Gochamaze no Arashi
---
A shooter with references to Guilty Gear and Digi Charat. Pick yor kawaii girl (Bridget excepted), and blast your way through this Progear no Arashi clone. You can work through it honestly or pick a stage in the invincible mode. Warning! Not for the novice, as bullet patterns are fast and insane in this game!
Ika-Chan
---
Done by Pixel (of Cave Story fame), you control a little squid in a quest to save the ocean. This rather short adventure (can be finished within an hour) is ideal for a quick one-time venture.
(pics yoinked from caiman.us)
Magical Feeling 2
---
A very tricky puzzle game of the falling block variety. You and your opponent share the pool of blocks to be dropped next, so you can't really plan your next moves unless you are really fast. Special diamond blocks help you clear junk music notes if cleared in proximity of chains. Special diamond block formations can nullify squares/rows of muysic notes completely, rendering them permanently useless. You can also cast super spells periodically which range in effects, such as speeding up your opponent's drop rate, or arbitrarily dropping their pieces randomly. That's all I managed to figure out on my own, aside from that, you're on your own in figuring out the system.

Melon Squash
---
So far, it's a maid on a scooter in a shoot-em-up pitted against some ridiculous enemies. Be warned!
Mind Arms
---
If you're in the mood for a quick and not excessively complex fighting game, Mind Arms has 5 + 1 characters, and your standard special/super system. Just another neat fighting game for the fray.

Super Marisa Land
---
Yet another version of Super Mario World, but this time with touhou characters. By the makers of Mega Mari and Touhou.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Summonmaster; Aug 19, 2006 at 09:18 PM.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:11 PM Local time: Jul 12, 2006, 10:11 PM #27 of 102
I found the torrent relating to EFZ Memorial , it seems to have some seeders. I'll try to seed it for all eternity or something like that (along with Touhou if anyone wants that)

Originally Posted by description of torrent
This release contains all the extras from my previous release: tournament replays, voices, and the windower.. as well as all the new stuff from the Memorial update--credit to linalys for finding the patch. In addition to these, this version also contains Misao (the very powerful boss version of unknown/little Mizuka); to use Misao go to the random select button and press button 4 (Special).
Also, here is probably the entire official shangai alice shmup collection, has Touhou 1-5 (with the emulator to play them), Touhou 6-9 (excluding TH7.5 - IaMP) and also Touhou 9.5 ~ Shoot the Bullet.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Lacerta; Jul 13, 2006 at 01:55 PM.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 05:13 PM #28 of 102
Ah yes, there was only one more game in addition all these others I had desperately wanted to check out sometime.
I saw my friend play this Azumanga Daioh fighter, but it ran really slowly on his computer so I don't even remember the name of it from lack of exposure.

Uh, Little Fighter 2, and Mind Arms definitely coming up soon (on this page, since I forgot that the front page might take forever to load for dialup users )

Out of all the fighting games, I highly recommend EFZ Memorial now.
24 characters plus a professional feel to the systems with chibi girl designs, you'll be busy for quite a while with it, just like me!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 03:43 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 11:43 PM #29 of 102
Originally Posted by surasshu
Not very long apparently, as Tifa Tan X2 seems to already have reached its limit. Any chance of a reupload? Tifa Tan X is excessively awesome.
Well, if I remember correctly it didn't require an installer, so I'll just rar up mine. If you like X, you'll love X2 as much as I do ='D

EDIT:
And here's the rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.de/files/25858844/TifaTanX2.rar.html

Most amazing jew boots

BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 09:33 PM #30 of 102
I'm steadily downloading EFZMemorial ~ 21kb/s. When it's done, I'll leave it seeded + provide a rapidshare link for it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:16 PM Local time: Jul 14, 2006, 08:16 PM #31 of 102
Originally Posted by Summonmaster
Uh if you guys are having excessive trouble, then I'll try to sendspace a zip file or something.
Alright, I still can't register after a couple of days, so if you would be so kind as to do that, it'd be appreciated.

FELIPE NO
BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:38 AM #32 of 102
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kkepbn

Yay, Sendspace mirror for EFZ -Memorial-

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:09 AM #33 of 102
I would also like a link to the VP game, as well as a link to download Super Cosplay War Ultra (the available link doesn't work).

This is a nice list, as I'm always a sucker for fan-made (and free) games. Sure, there's a ton of crap out there, but when it works, it works good. Case in point, Super Demo World.

http://fusoya.panicus.org/lm/dw.html

It's a real challenge, but it's also real good fun. The stuff they've thought up in these levels is utterly insane, but you feel all the more superior if you manage to pull it off.

I'd like to see more US-made fangames, if they're quality enough to warrant a link. I'd like to see more Megaman-themed games. I also remember an EGM article that had a list of fan-made games like Halo 2D, Metroid Prime 2D, and original Zelda levels that were ripped from games like Super Metroid.

Also, which of the previously listed games require a graphics card of any kind?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:12 PM #34 of 102
Well that's odd. I think http://go.to/alicuu goes down randomly like that sometimes but I'll upload it somewhere anyways if you still have trouble getting it. Alternatively, check if http://caiman.us has it avalable still.

When I get back tonight I'll up VFT and SCWU assuming my connection doesn't randomly disconnect me anymore. If you can't wait until later, then if someone else would be so kind as to up their copy it would be much appreciated.

As you can see I'll spill over the rest of the games in the 26th post which is at the top of this page, so as not to make the load time for the first page overkill.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:20 PM #35 of 102
Oh yeah, another question. Do any of these games support using a gamepad? I wouldn't want to try any of the fighting games unless I can use my PS2 controller hooked up through the USB adaptor.

Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:33 PM #36 of 102
Many of them seem to default to gamepad controls - PAD:0, PAD:1, PAD:2 etc. are the default button layouts. Good luck being able to configure them though. Some games have unchangeable controls (VG Max), while for others you'll have to figure out a way to map the buttons yourself (VFT). Many of them encourage you to use a gamepad though, just check the configs.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 01:29 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 09:29 PM #37 of 102
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Oh yeah, another question. Do any of these games support using a gamepad? I wouldn't want to try any of the fighting games unless I can use my PS2 controller hooked up through the USB adaptor.
I know for a fact that both Tifa Tan X games support gamepads since I always play them with my shitty Logitech.
So does Cave Story.

Come to think of it, has Cave Story even been mentioned? Good god man, everyone must play!

http://www.gameflaws.com/cavestory/

Cave Story, or Doukutsu Monogatari, is a wonderful platform shooter from Studio Pixel, a one-man developer who designed, coded and scored the whole game. It quickly became a deserved cult classic on the net, and eventually was fan-translated into english by AGTP.

A relatively simple action game with heaps of charm on the face of it, the game hides surprising amounts of depth, with wonderful character designs, multiple ingenius weapons with a solid power up system, a great and touching storyline, three different endings, secrets galore and a healthy dose of actual challenge. The game is really tough, especially if you want the best ending. Tough, but always fun, always utterly endearing.

Absolutely crucial to any game fan and an amazing experience.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jul 19, 2006 at 01:34 PM.
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 11:14 AM #38 of 102
I don't think Cave Story is a doujin.

All of the material in the game is original including characters, plot, story, and style (somewhat, although it does resemble some games). Apparently doujins are "refering to manga and novels" according to here.

Since the game is an stand-alone title, and isn't based off anything such as a previously published game or style, it isn't following anyone's footsteps. In other words, it doesn't revolve around something, isn't based off a game/novel/JAPANESE COMIC :<

And since there's (apparently) going to be a PSP release of Cave Story, it definitely won't be a doujin. But then again, how many doujins have been made into actual console games?

Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 05:36 PM Local time: Jul 19, 2006, 03:36 PM #39 of 102
Well, by definition Doujinshi ( 同人誌 ) roughly means a group publication. It doesn't really have to base itself off anything. Its just that people often find it easier to work with (and promote) certain type of source material when doing -zines.

FELIPE NO
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 05:49 PM #40 of 102
That's quite a bit of hype in the Cave Story page. I downloaded the express version (which reportedly has the game already translated in english, so that should save me some fuss), which I'll try later.

I'd like to see more doujin games that take existing characters out of their environment and put them in a whole other game. That Mario-in-Castlevania game looks intriguing, but I'd like to see others like it. How about a game where Mega Man X takes on the Robot Masters from the original MM series (or heck, vice versa)?

In any case, I remember playing a DBZ doujin game in my college's game room a few years back. I believe it was called Mugen Z or something, and it was done with the Mugen program (which I could never figure out on my own) and used the Marvel vs Capcom engine for the gameplay. The result was a very flashy DBZ version of MvC, but it was also very unbalanced, due to some original characters (Super Saiyan 4 Broli, namely) that made things absolutely ridiculous, even by DBZ standards.

Still, it was a fun game, and I would love it if there were more Doujin games using the MvC style of play.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 06:12 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 02:12 AM #41 of 102
Originally Posted by Elixir
Since the game is an stand-alone title, and isn't based off anything such as a previously published game or style, it isn't following anyone's footsteps. In other words, it doesn't revolve around something, isn't based off a game/novel/JAPANESE COMIC :<
I hope you realize all Touhou shooters are based on original characters and by your definition of the term, shouldn't be listed. Doujin basically refers to fan-made, a japanese indie game. Doujinshi is a doujin manga on the other hand (and it doesn't need to be based on a previous work either, the difference is whether it has an "official" publisher or not).

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jul 19, 2006 at 06:15 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:58 PM #42 of 102
That link you provided didn't have Super Cosplay Ultra (or I couldn't find it), but I did manage to find that DBZ game I mentioned before.

http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f1951.html

It's fanfiction-tastic, even with the poor grammer (and now I know, it was German made). The link says you can play it without installing it, so I'm downloading it now.

And here's something even more absurdely hilarious: Street Fighter vs DBZ.

http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f1590.html

This is the kind of doujin games I want to see; a mish-mash of two or more existing games rolled into one, with insane results (heh, giant Ken). Unfortunately, they say it won't work for Windows XP, only older systems like Win98. If someone ever finds a working version for XP, by all means link it.

And another intriguing game, a Mega Man fighter.

http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f1904.html

Double Post:
I haven't been able to get the DBZ game running (something to do with lowering my screen to a resolution it doesn't support), but since I hit the subject of MUGEN, I did a little searching via Youtube.

Goddam, we can't have a doujin thread and not talk about this thing. It's utterly insane what you're able to do with Mugen, as these ridiculous/awesome/ridiculously awesome videos prove.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6xjtsqen5Q&search=mugen (anyone know what song that is? just the title alone doesn't help).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HXqm3KKyw...d&search=mugen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jNNwiiv21...=mugen%20homer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=byPneFm2B...=mugen%20homer (who the hell is he fighting?)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZvUnfQecV...d&search=mugen

I still can't stop laughing over some of these. Anything that lets you create battles as impossibly ludicrious like Broli vs Duck Dodgers is full of win and love (and crack).

So I found a Windows hack of MUGEN that was bare bones, but was working for me.

http://unofficial-winmugen.jpn.org/

Of course now I have several questions. How do I set it to fullscreen, if that's possible? How do I add songs played during the matches (the readme wasn't very specific), how do I edit the existing characters (I'd like to remove or alter the spanish text that accompanies the DBZ characters), and where can I download more characters, stages, and sounds?

It's almost enough to warrant another thread, but I think we can squeeze it in here.

Last edited by Soldier; Jul 20, 2006 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:30 PM #43 of 102
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Come to think of it, has Cave Story even been mentioned? Good god
Ok, what was I on to have forgotten this wonderful game? I stopped so long ago at laser ceiling eye in the Sacred Grounds, but still, how could I forget this? =$

As for "doujin", that's for attention purposes I consider Cave Story to be doujin, since Pixel just up and made this for fun, and it wasn't made by an official company or anything. No need to sweat.

All in due time. Looks like we have some mega updates here, so I'll need time for screenshots and updating. VFT and SCWU direct transfer within the next couple of hours for those still having problems, and with the inclination.

As for MUGEN, I thought about including it, but I haven't found much in the way of actually being able to play it. If there's a particular game with the MUGEN engine (eg. Destruction Desire) then I'd put it. I thought MUGEN was more like a thing that people could use to program their characters and then after that people could just download characters and then pit them against each other. Not a standard fan made game with everything preset, but something more of a customizable tool?

Valkyrie Fight Tag (via Sendspace)
Super Cosplay War Ultra

Last edited by Summonmaster; Jul 20, 2006 at 07:20 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 09:12 PM #44 of 102
MUGEN is certainly playable (if you can go through the hoops to get it that is), and it isn't necessary for you to do the customization yourself. Downloading the characters, stages, and themes is up to you, but if you can get it going, you can have the mother of all fighting games at your disposal, with an endless amount of characters to choose from (most people have over 500!).

I've figured out how to add characters and stages, but I still haven't figured out how to set the program to full screen, or how to add mp3s to the levels of my choice. Anyone know any MUGEN forums or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOB8A...gen%20movie%20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxW4x...h=mugen%20boom

And I'm still wondering where the song in the first video is from. Or who the Samara knockoff with the horror moves is supposed to be.

Also, that Valkyrie Fight Tag was fantastic, the kind of doujin game I'd like to see. Anymore like it? I'm surprised no one's tried to do an all-star FF fighter using the same method. Should be a cinch (at least for all the sprite based games).

Spoiler:
And was the final boss supposed to be Silmeria?

BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 09:34 PM #45 of 102
If you're ever going to get deep in Mugen, there are 2 things I highly recommend you download:

Everything vs. Everything (screenpack)
Dragonclaw (character)

If for some reason you can't find these, I'm always on AIM: icantfeelmyhair

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:22 PM #46 of 102
SOLDIER:
Spoiler:
I thought it was Hrist, but I never got past Loki yet, so I wouldn't know.

For FF fighters, the closest we have is Ehrgeiz lol

I so want Mugen now, but when I went to that site it said it was a patch. :s

Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:27 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 10:27 PM #47 of 102
http://www.brokenfunction.com/content/

Two short but entertaining diversions. They even "link" together, and you get a special secret if you finish both of them.

FELIPE NO

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:53 AM #48 of 102
Quote:
I so want Mugen now, but when I went to that site it said it was a patch.
The patch is the application. It just means that the program itself was patched, so you can add an infinite amount of characters, stages, and other stuff.

MUGEN is an utterly fascinating program if you're a fan of 2D fighting. There is absolutely no limit to how many fighters you can toss in, and the mixed results are almost always guaranteed to entertain. It's also amazing what kind of custom characters people come up with (although this causes some serious imbalance; turning the giant metroid from Super Metroid into a fighting character looks seriously cool, but that thing will beat the living crap out of you no matter what you use).

The problem though is that MUGEN is also very time consuming. You have to manually set every single thing, from characters, to stages, to what music plays in what stage, and so on.

As you can see here, I need to work on setting the characters correctly, as their portraits aren't appearing where they need to. I have other similar problems, such as the character select music not playing. The MUGEN forums should help with most of these problems, but it's going to take a while before I can make my MUGEN look as presentable as people who have been using it forever.

It's also going to take a long while to collect all the characters and stages people made up.

Oh, and I downloaded that Super Cosplay link you provided, but when I open the file it says I need a password or an installing key. Do you have either?

BIGWORM

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 04:43 AM #49 of 102
the password to SCWU I believe it the website itself. If you scroll towards the bottom of the japanese page, it should have it right there in parantheses.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:22 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 10:22 AM #50 of 102
Okay, why is Valkyrie Fight Tag ridiculously awesome.

Thank you for uploading that, Summon. I've been wanting to play the game for years, and it was worth the wait.

Originally Posted by SOLDIER
Spoiler:
And was the final boss supposed to be Silmeria?
It's just the third color scheme for Lenneth, but yeah, that seems to've been what they were going for.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jul 21, 2006 at 12:26 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Doujin Game Master List