Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2017: Super Deluxe Gold Voting Edition w/ loot boxes
Closed Thread

Boo-kun
boo u

Member 311

Level 20.17

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2018, 06:26 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2018, 01:26 AM 3 #1 of 21
Like every year I post my list late, but somehow still within time. Magical timezones ok.

I did not play too many releases from last year, but what I did play was good indeed:

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey - 40 points

YouTube Video

Having played below mentioned Atelier Sophie few months before this one, I was already liking the series quite a bit, but Atelier Firis improved in most ways and was a really enjoyable journey of exploration and throwing random junk in a cauldron to get neat things. All in all the second most enjoyable gaming experience of 2017.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd - 25 points

YouTube Video

A familiar game for anyone who had played the 1st and 2nd part previously, not changing much, but why change what worked well. This third game wraps up the loose ends from the Sora no Kiseki story and while feeling more linear is still a good addition to the trilogy.

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - 15 points

YouTube Video

My introduction to the series and a pretty good game too. Above mentioned Atelier Firis is an upgrade in almost every way, but I really enjoyed the soundtrack for this very much. Lovable characters of whom many are also in the next game, this tickled my weeb bladder good.

Endless Space 2 - 10 points

Everything Amplitude Studios makes is gold and as expected the sequel tastes good as well. So good in fact that I had to uninstall to be able to play other games too. Going to let it rest for a year or so while they release DLCs.

SteamWorld Dig 2 - 5 points

The original SteamWorld Dig was pretty good game that brough back memories of playing Motherload during coding classes in school. The sequel is a solid game of exploring and platforming.

PUBG - 5 points

BOIIII this fucking game. Understandably popular game of picking up stuff for 1-20 minutes to deliver to the next guy who didnt panic during the shootout.
Netcode is kind of shit and spectating mode is broken as fuck. Shouldnt be considered esports ready by any means, but allthemoney I guess.

Honorable mention:

Witcher 3 & DLCs

Because I replayed the entirety of the game with DLCs included. Still better than games of previous or latter years. Most complete game every created. Most enjoyable gaming experience of 2017.
Blood & Wine best DLC of any year.

Prediction:

Star Citizen
Best Damn Space Game Ever continues its slow but steady developement and what is has and keeps adding is already nothing short of revolutionary. The fanbase is amongst the most helpful and mature you'll find in any gaming circles.

Face yelling vaporware is the equivalent of Trump using twitter.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2017: Super Deluxe Gold Voting Edition w/ loot boxes