Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2017: Super Deluxe Gold Voting Edition w/ loot boxes
Closed Thread

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:00 PM 4 #1 of 21

Splatoon 2 - 5 points

The single player campaign is pretty good with Squid Sister Marie being your guide, some of the new music is alright, the addition of Salmon Run is very welcome. Marina is cool.

Overall though, I wish they'd just port the first game over to Switch. Multiplayer isn't as fun where they've nerfed my roller, there should be an option to select what music you want to play including the old stuff (hey, it's in the ddr game), and good lord I can't stand Pearl. I miss the old Splatfests, which if you scan a Marie or Callie amiibo should allow you to do this.

Still, not a bad sequel. I just suck on this one compared to the predecessor where I could compete with Level 50 Japanese players.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 20 points

By far the longest Zelda game I've ever experienced which previously was Skyward Sword but this beats Skyward by miles. Very beautiful game and a decent addition to the Zelda series. It's an interesting twist taking away the formula of going to temples, acquiring a special item, and defeating boss with said item with instead just freeroaming and eventually building up an arsenal but with procurement on your own end.

It's a shame that most of the music just didn't connect with me (Zora's Domain and two of the ancient enemy battle music were the only ones that currently come to mind). On top of that, it would've been nice if instead of using a sound beacon to find the 100+ shrines and the gazillion seeds they would've marked them on your map when you went to the lookout towers and connected your slate (a la Assassin's Creed).

Still, it was a worthwhile adventure in the end. Also, Link/Mipha.

Super Mario Odyssey - 35 points

The best Switch exclusive. This game is just all sorts of fun and pretty to look at. There are a lot of collectibles, the music is great to listen to, and there are A LOT of moons to collect. If I had one gripe with this game, it's actually that there are too many moons to collect. I can honestly say I did collect all of the individual ones without the help of the internet. I used my amiibo for assistance and traded information with my g/f. That also really made the game quite enjoyable.

What also makes this game really fun is instead of power ups, Mario has the ability to use his new friend Cappy to take over the bodies of just about any enemy in the game. You can even become steal a T-Rex's body. You can play as T-Rex with a Mario cap and destroy just about everything in your path!

Oh and there are costumes you can collect to play as for Mario as well. Some of these fit the theme for some of the lands you visit while others are borrowed from characters in the Mario series.

The Mario series continues to be insanely enjoyable. I really don't know how Nintendo continues to do it.

Sonic Mania - 40 points - GAME OF THE YEAR

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!!

I could leave it at that, but this game brought me on the verge of tears with how fun and great it is. It hits all the nostalgia spots but also gives some new interesting twists to some old levels while introducing new ones.

How so? Okay, I won't spoil you but go play this game and get to Chemical Plant Zone Act 2's boss. It's a throwback to something back on the Genesis/MegaDrive and was hilariously unbelivable. That is just ONE of the points of awesomeness in this game. The team that worked on this game not only knew their stuff but put so much tender loving care into it.

The special stages from Sonic 3 and Knuckles make a comeback, but they're not the special stages for the emeralds. Instead, completing them unlocks things in the extras menu. The special stage for the emeralds feels kind of like Sonic CD, but instead of destroying 6 UFO's you're chasing 1 UFO to destroy it to obtain the emerald.

There are a lot of old stages in this game but they also have new twists to them (usually in Act 2). They introduce some new stages as well. The stage choices...I can't complain about, it's an unexpectedly great selection.

The music is godlike. I repeat: THE MUSIC IS GODLIKE. Best Soundtrack 2017 (Mario Odyssey's is pretty close).

After beating the game, they give you some new options to replay the game (instead of using the new drop dash, you can use some of Sonic's special moves from older games).

I would almost go so far as to say this is the best 2D Sonic game...okay, maybe Sonic CD might still have that honor but this one is definitely close.

GOTFY...GAME OF THE F***ING YEAR!!

Predictions

1. Super Mario Maker and Smash 4 will be ported to the Switch by the end of 2018.
2. The Playstation 5 will be announced and FF7: Remake Episode 1 will be a launch title.
3. Splatoon 2 will unlock a subway/train which will take you to Inkopolis Plaza from Splatoon 1 where you can get your stage news and Splatfest dance from Callie and Marie provided you've beaten Single Player. It will also allow you to play through the stages with the old music. Finally, they'll fix the roller to what it was in Splatoon 1. This will allow you to experience everything great about the first Splatoon without having to purchase it as a port on Switch...or they'll just port the 1st game to Switch which I'd be happy with as well.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by SuperSonic; Jan 15, 2018 at 12:56 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2017: Super Deluxe Gold Voting Edition w/ loot boxes