Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Becoming the Mayor of Buttlordtown

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2013, 09:05 AM 1 #1 of 202
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Becoming the Mayor of Buttlordtown

Hello all! I thought to make a thread to cover just about everything in this game that you need to know about! (Totally ripping off from GAF.)
Spoiler:

Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Publisher: Nintendo
Genre: Simulation

Release Dates

Japan: November 8th, 2012
South Korea: February 7th, 2013
North America: June 9th, 2013
Europe: June 14th, 2013
Australia: June 15th, 2013

Save Slots: 1 village, with 1 mayor and 3 additional players
Multiplayer: Up to 4 players both online and local play, no download play
Price: $35 MSRP
Blocks: NA: 6002 Blocks EU: 6336 Blocks JP: 8192 Blocks | Don't take these numbers as 100% fact yet, there's some confusion still.

New Features to New Leaf
Play as the Mayor! Build Public Work Projects around your village such as benches, fountains, campsites, bridges, new buildings, and more. Also, set a town Ordinance to control shop hours and more.

The Island returns from the original Gamecube version with mini games to play online with friends.

A new Main Street area across the train tracks with plenty of shops and other new buildings. If you played City Folk, this is basically a much improved version of the City.

New customization features allow you to add custom pattern designs to many furniture items like couches, pillows, chairs, and more.

Use QR Codes for easy sharing of custom pattern designs. I expect everyone in this thread to share!

Many of the holidays have been reimagined for this version. New versions of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and more are available.

A LOT of new furniture and furniture sets. The developers say there's about 50% more furniture over City Folk. If you've played Animal Crossing before, you know that means a lot! Some of the new sets include the Balloon series, Mermaid series, and Ice series.

Decorate your village even more with new flowers, bushes, and bamboo.

The outside of your house doesn't have to be same as everyone else. With the new exterior parts available from Tom Nook, you can change your door, fence, mailbox, roof, and more!

The characters have grown taller! Say goodbye to just plain old regular shirts... Now there's pants, short sleeved shirts, long sleeved shirts, dresses, skirts, and more.

You can swim. You can stack fruit. Next-gen is finally here.

The Village is, well, your village! It's the place you'll be spending most of your time in New Leaf at. Here's a list of some of the buildings you'll find around town:

Re-Tail

A humble recycling shop in your village operated by two new Alpaca characters named Reese and Cyrus. Sell your items to Reese if you're too lazy to head out to Main Street or purchase new furniture. You can even put your own items up for sale at the store for the villagers or friends online to purchase. It's kind of similar to the Flea Market from the past games.

Town Hall

The base of your operations as Mayor of the village! With your fancy office and eager secretary Isabelle, you can start the construction of Public Work Projects and enact ordinances.

Town Tree Plaza

The Town Tree Plaza is the base of the many holidays, events, and visitors you'll discover in your time playing Animal Crossing.. Whenever something is happening in your town, head over to the Town Tree Plaza! It's also where you accomplish your first act as Mayor: Planting the town tree. It even grows as you progress through the game!

Your House

Arguably one of the most addicting aspects of Animal Crossing is decorating your ever expanding house. With [spoilersa6[/spoilersa] whole rooms in this version, you'll have space for everything! It doesn't come cheap though with the fully expanded house running 7 million bells total.

Coffee Shop (Public Work Project - Unlocked Later)

Spoiler:
Join Brewster in his new standalone Coffee Shop! If you get friendly enough with him, you might even find yourself working a part time job as a barista at the shop.

Police Station (Public Work Project - Unlocked Later)

Spoiler:
It's back from the Gamecube version! Choose to build either the Modern station with Copper or the Classic station with Brooker. Inside you'll find a convenient lost and found.

Reset Surveillance Center (Public Work Project - Unlocked Later)

Spoiler:
If you choose to, you can build a manhole which will give you access to Resetti's Surveillance Center on certain nights! Inside, you'll find Resetti and his brother. Talk to them enough and you might just get their pictures!

Campsite (Public Work Project - Unlocked Later)

Spoiler:
Build a campsite in your village and you might find some new villagers setting up a tent or igloo (depending on the season) in your town! Talk to them a lot and they may just choose to move in to your village properly.

The Main Street shopping area is where you'll do the majority of your shopping in New Leaf. In addition, there's also non-shopping buildings located here such as the Museum. A great aspect of the game is that new buildings will be constructed and others will be remodeled as you play and accomplish goals.

Here's a brief list of the many buildings you'll find in the Main Street:

Able Sisters

The Able Sisters shop is where you'll head for all of your fashion needs. They sell shirts, pants, dresses, skirts, hats, glasses, and other accessories.

A new unique feature to New Leaf is the ability to share your custom created patterns using QR codes. This feature is very useful for sharing patterns compared to the previous methods.

Nooklings Store (Timmy & Tommy)

Previous players of the series will remember Tom Nook's shop but in New Leaf, his assistants Timmy & Tommy have taken over operation completely with Tom Nook
as a proper real estate agent. This shop is where you'll go to purchase new tools, furniture, wallpaper, carpet, K.K. Slider records, and more.

Museum

Head over to the Main Street Museum to donate fish, bugs, fossils, paintings, and statues!

Nook's Homes

At Nook's Homes, you'll find Tom Nook's brand new official housing agency. Here you can purchase parts to customize the exterior of your house including doors, fences, mailboxes, roofs, and more!

Photo Booth

For a small fee, this photo booth will take a picture of you for your ID card.

Post Office

The Post Office offers mail and this is where you'll pay your debt to Tom Nook through an ATM. You can also pick up DLC items through the internet here.

Club LOL (Unlocked Later)

Dream Suite (Public Work Project - Unlocked Later)

Fortune House (Public Work Project - Unlocked Later)

Garden Shop (Unlocked Later)

Happy Home Showcase (Unlocked Later)

Kicks (Unlocked Later)

Museum - Second Floor (Public Work Project - Unlocked Later)

Shampoodle (Unlocked Later)

Those who played the original Animal Crossing on N64/Gamecube may remember the Island. It's back in New Leaf (no Gameboy Advance required!) with a selection of Island Tours (mini-games?) to play online with either your friends or random players through Club Tortimer. These vary from simple bug hunts to the more complex Hide & Seek and Fruit Maze tours. There's even an item shop on the Island operated by Kappn's family, you'll need to earn medals from the Island Tours to purchase the items.

Another benefit of Tortimer Island is the summer season all year long, providing the ideal location to hunt bugs and fish during the winter. Also new to the series is the ability to swim in the ocean either on the Island or back home at your Village. Don't forget your swimsuit!

Videos

Screenshots

Iwata Asks

GIFs

Are you new to Animal Crossing or coming back after a long break? In this section, I've written down some handy tips and tricks for your first days in New Leaf.

Make Sure Your Clock is Accurate

Before you start playing, please double check and be sure that the date and time on your 3DS is as accurate as possible! Animal Crossing is very reliant on the real-time clock, it won't be as fun if your date and time isn't accurate.

Choosing Your Face

At the opening of the game, you'll be asked a couple seemingly meaningless questions. Your answers to these questions decide the fate of your eyes and face for the game. You can't change the majority of this later down the line so if your look is important to you, consider using this handy Face Guide. Just answer the questions as stated in the guide for the face of your choice!

The Money Rock

You might notice there are a number of rocks around your town. But don't worry, they're not useless! Everyday in your village, one of these rocks will be the "money rock". If you find that rock and hit it with a shovel, money bags will come flying out for every shovel hit until the timer ends! You might even want to consider digging some holes behind you to maximize your return.

Where to Sell?

There's two shops... Re-Tail and Nookling Junction? But where do you sell your items? It depends. For most cases, you want to sell to Re-Tail for 20% more Bells than Nookling Junction. However, Re-Tail will charge you for them to take you trash and other items which don't give you Bells. Nookling Junction will take them for free. So keep that in mind.

Buried Treasure

Look around your town... do you see any "starfish" or "X" spots in the ground? Take out your shovel and get digging! If you find a fossil, don't go selling it ASAP. Head over to the Museum in Main Street to have your fossils examined by Blathers. You can either donate them to the Museum (which will yield rewards in the future) or head over to Re-Tail for some quick Bells. If you find a gyroid... well....

Can I play this game online with friends?

You certainly can! Almost everything that you can do solo, you can do with friends either online or through local play. Whether that's hanging out in your town, shopping at Main Street, or fishing and playing games on Tortimer Island.

What is Time Traveling/Time Travel in this game?

One of the fundamental aspects of Animal Crossing is that the game runs on a real-time clock. If you choose to, you can change the time on your 3DS or game to whatever you want, bypassing and ruining the real time aspect. In my opinion, this ruins the longevity of the game, and you'll find yourself growing bored of the game sooner. For this reason, many of us would rather not play with those who choose to time travel. Besides, you'll have more fun in the long run without it!

What's all this nonsense about not running? Why shouldn't I run?

Lots of people like to plant flowers around their village and even cross breed them for hybrid flowers. It's hard work and if you run through flowers, you'll weaken or even destroy them. So please, be careful where you run in other GAFer's towns. You're sure to piss people off if you ruin their flowers. Also, running causes grass wear and some don't like that either.

Is there StreetPass in this game? What does it do?

At the back of Main Street is the Happy Home Showcase. When your StreetPass a player with New Leaf, their house will appear in the Happy Home Showcase area. Feel free to take a look around their house for design inspiration and if you see an item you like, you may be able to order it for yourself!

Does this game use Play Coins? What for?

Play Coins can spent at the Nookling store to purchase Fortune Cookies for 2 coins each. When you open a Fortune Cookie, the fortune inside can then be traded for a Nintendo franchise item. These items range from a Samus Helmet to a Mario Coin to a Wii Fit Balance Board.

Does this version have real holidays?

Unlike the last portable version of Animal Crossing, this version offers all of the real holidays from the Gamecube plus many more. In fact, the gameplay of many of the holidays have been revamped to offer a new experience if you played them before.

How many save files are there?

Each copy of the game allows for a single village with four residents. (players) Only the first resident/player in the village can be the Mayor. For the best experience, I recommend playing with your own copy of the game with your own village to yourself, but that's not the say the game isn't fun in someone else's town too.

I hear there are new fruits in this version. Tell me about them?!?

Quote:
Main Village Fruit:
Apples
Oranges
Pears
Peaches
Cherries

Main Island Fruit:
Mangoes
Durians
Lychees
Lemons

Palm Tree Island Fruit:
Bananas
Coconuts

Other:
Persimmons
Bamboo
What's the appeal?

Originally Posted by Animal Crossing creator Katsuya Eguchi
This game actually offers the opportunity for the player to find what they like to do, instead of games forcing them, 'Okay, this is what you can do in the game.' But the player, himself or herself, can find what he or she likes to do, or collect, or create. Whatever they want to do, they can find it in this game, and then they can also showoff to other people, so they can express their personality in this game to other people, and to themselves. That's the point.
Originally Posted by Animal Crossing: New Leaf director Aya Kyogoku
For example, digging fossils, you can just do it one day, but you actually have to do it many times to collect one set. Then there's flowers - you want to keep watering the flowers every day, and people that are interested in taking care of the flowers, can water the flowers, and make different, unique types of flowers by doing so every day. By doing those things every day, you can achieve something bigger, and you can also get a sense of satisfaction from it. By doing those everyday things over and over, it will deepen your experience in this game, creating a deeper, more meaningful life in the town.

Looking for a white 3DS XL to be available in North America? This just might be the closest we'll ever get here. A bundle is available for $219 which includes a limited edition Animal Crossing themed 3DS XL and a digital copy of the game pre-installed on the SD Card.

Town Visiting Etiquette

When visiting the villages of other GFFers, you should keep the following etiquette in mind. If problems arise, we have to duke it out in real life at the MEET.

- Be careful with your axe. Don't cut down trees without permission!
- Be careful of where you run and leave flowers alone.
- If others are trying to trade, leave them alone and don't touch their items.

Friend Codes

Here's our GFF 3DS code thread for you to add. :3

DLC (It's all free! No paid DLC in this game!)

The first DLC for North America is the Rainbow Screen. Europe is unknown.

Also, Best Buy will have exclusive DLC this summer.

Promotions/Deals

Europe: So Many Games! Get Animal Crossing: New Leaf free if you register three other select Nintendo 3DS games from this year.
Overview | Misc. | Nintendo

United Kingdom: Get a free Isabelle figure and Town Hall model if you pre-order at GAME.
Buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf on 3DS | Free UK Delivery | GAME

Australia: Get a free Isabelle figure and Town Hall model if you pre-order at EB Games.
https://ebgames.com.au/3ds-152865-An...f-Nintendo-3DS

United States: $30 ($5 off) on release at Kmart[/QUOTE]

Now that's all out of the way, here's the SHIT you need to care about.

More AWESOME shit

Tunes

AC

Clothing Designs to RIP from

QR code list of Megami Tensei | Animal Crossing New Leaf QR-Code Collection

More Screens

More Gifs!

More Vids

YouTube Video

Dream Suite Codes:

Nintendo of Japan's: 0000-0100-0017
Omagnus's Raine from Pipton: 7800-2212-2132

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Philia; Jun 28, 2013 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Dream Suite Codes
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:03 AM #2 of 202
You have inspired me to be social again. I so intend on buying this in Maine.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2013, 03:21 PM #3 of 202
Planning to get this myself.

Maybe this will break my 200 something hour streak playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. I have a bunch of friends getting this game, so being social won't even be an issue.

Unfortunately, I have to get it later in the day, or even that following Monday since I'm working an anime convention this weekend.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:01 AM #4 of 202
Positive Reviews everywhere.

IGN: 9.6/10

Pocket Gamer: 9/10

Nintendo Life: 9/10

PC Magazine 4/5

Eurogamer 9/10

Washington Post 3/4

Digital Spy 4/5

CVG 9/10

Techno Buffalo 9.5/10

Electronic Theatre 91/100

Joystiq 4.5/5

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:10 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2013, 09:10 AM #5 of 202
Been years since City Folk, so yaaaaaaay let's all be friends and rip out each other's gardens and lay pitfalls everywhere

Nah just playin. I figure a lot of people at the meet will have it, so I'll pick it up and try to play concurrently.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jun 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:35 PM 3 #6 of 202
Just throwing this out there, but with a sufficient number of towns, if we posted indices of the turnip prices each Sunday morning, we could travel to the town with the lowest buying prices. Then if we update those indices each subsequent day, we could be reasonably assured to be able to find the town with the highest selling price. We could all earn significant returns, and potentially transform seed money of 100-200k bells into millions.

I intend to post my price tomorrow, although I have no idea if I'll be available to invite people to purchase there.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:20 AM Local time: Jun 15, 2013, 11:20 PM #7 of 202
I love you Radez

FELIPE NO
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 06:00 AM #8 of 202
My buying price is 95 bells. Anyone have lower?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 07:37 AM #9 of 202
109 here :/

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:06 AM #10 of 202
99 in Nutville.

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:12 AM #11 of 202
I added Daravon and Philia. I can open my town for internets if no one else has a lower price. If the average is 100, then the chances are good you can still get at least a 5% return.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:16 AM #12 of 202
102 here... but I JUST spent 700k on someone who has 91. FUCK YEAH.

Someone's retail last week was buying at 498... you read that right, 498 bells for turnips. Her town definitely got RAIDED real fast lmao.

I also added you Radez and hilarious mii btw.

Last edited by Philia; Jun 16, 2013 at 08:20 AM.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:38 AM #13 of 202
I need to figure out how to get invited to strangers' towns. I need to head out, so I'm just going to dump everything I have into the 95 bell turnips. I'll leave the town open so people can visit.

My flower gardens are shit because I didn't get a chance to do anything with them except water them two days ago.

How ya doing, buddy?
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:40 AM #14 of 202
LOL Radez, I'll do the gardens for you if you like.

Uh as an aside, I'm also moderating an ACNL chat (GAF), so if anyone would LOVE a faster/wider access for turnip prices I would suggest this chat. Pm me for the link.

Also, there was a higher price that is being said... 614 bells. My fucking god.

ALSO ALSO... this big spike trend is a popular theory. Thought I'll link it in here for yall to read. The basic gist of it is that if you have like say Reese buying at 163... its very highly likely you'll get a MUCH bigger number to change into right after that.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossin.../stalk-market/

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Philia; Jun 16, 2013 at 08:45 AM.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 08:52 AM #15 of 202
Nice. My gate is open for, probably the next hour or so. I have to go get something to eat and then I'll probably head out into the city with Lucas for most of the day.

FELIPE NO
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 16, 2013, 09:44 AM Local time: Jun 16, 2013, 08:44 AM 1 #16 of 202
oh shit on my way radez

edit: got it

Mine was 108, for what it's worth.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:19 AM #17 of 202
Turnips are selling for 47 bells in my town. I hope their being so depressed is evidence of an enormous spike later on.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:23 PM #18 of 202
Lol, speaking of, someone made a record low of 42 today too. It was god damn hilarious.

Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:09 PM #19 of 202
I missed out on buying turnips because of the roadtrip. However they're 86 Bells today.

I've thought about time traveling but keep putting it off because of the hassle and also that I shouldn't be so serious about this game.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:09 PM #20 of 202
Turnips are only selling for 85 bells in my town today. I missed out on buying them yesterday anyway due to being unconscious from Acer-aids most of the day, but I'll try to remember to check the prices for everyone else's sake.

Also, am I correct in assuming that we all have different island fruit? I think I have all the town fruits after the trading that went on during the Meet, but we never really checked each others' islands. Radez had mangoes and lychee, and I had lemons and durians.

I just ordered the guide from Amazon, so I can start going nuts marking off checklists when it gets here on Wednesday. That always ends up being my favorite part of Animal Crossing.

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:14 PM #21 of 202
Lol, speaking of, someone made a record low of 42 today too. It was god damn hilarious.
Mine are now 43, afternoon. I am optimistic though. The market can't tank for everyone. Wednesday or Thursday will be awesome.

Also, re: island fruit, when you do the tours, you spawn randomized islands which have all sorts of different fruits. I've picked up coconuts, lychee, mango, durians and lemons. Also bananas. It's to the point I'm not even sure it's worth it planting them all.

The islands ARE persistent though, tied to your town. So I owe Tritoch a basket of coconuts for the tree I murdered.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Radez; Jun 17, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:23 PM #22 of 202
Don't worry, I've forgiven you for butchering my coconut tree. I'd forgotten that some bugs only spawn on tree stumps, so that coconut stump usually has a longhorn beetle sitting on it. If I wanted to plant more I've got the 3 trees growing on my town's beaches as well as all the other coconuts on my island.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:03 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2013, 09:03 PM #23 of 202
Turnips are selling for 63 bells in my town.

Additional Spam:
No idea if she's posted here yet, but they're bought for 108 bells each in Abby's town right now.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by OmagnusPrime; Jun 17, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2013, 06:22 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2013, 05:22 PM #24 of 202
Current price is for 93 here.

How ya doing, buddy?
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:23 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2013, 09:23 PM #25 of 202
Picked up the game today, so those of you goofs who haven't added me as a friend should get on that. (Skills, you may think you already have me as a friend - if so you are living a lie.) For those of you too lazy to go look it up, it's 4897 - 6001 - 5376.

I'm just getting started, but will keep an eye on the price of turnips anyway.

Additional Spam:
Note to anyone else wanting to get this game: don't try to start it late at night. Everything is closed. It is lame.

Additional Additional Spam:
Turnip price is at 42. If i could buy them here, i would, but apparently you can't do that for some reason.

Last edited by Scent of a Grundle; Jun 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Becoming the Mayor of Buttlordtown