Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] ERRYDAY MINECRAFT

Boo-kun
boo u

Member 311

Level 20.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:54 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2010, 09:54 AM #76 of 184
I think what Devo's trying to say is:
Screw the "PC gaming is dead" crowd and get your ass into Minecraft. Shits free.
What rat is trying to say is that he's been playing on GFFs creative server, which is obviously free.
The client however costs around 10 euros, or 13 whatever bucks to you across the puddle. Relatively cheap price for a game you will get every future update for (as it is still technically in alpha) and how much time you can spend in it.

Free Shits!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:46 PM Local time: Aug 14, 2010, 10:46 PM #77 of 184
I've finally gotten around to playing a little more, finally found some diamond Solo Minecraft is ok, but i think i'll probably have more fun with it once i can get on to a few multiplayer games next week some time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:08 AM 3 #78 of 184
Gentlemen, I give you:

The best thing.

YouTube Video

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:22 PM 3 #79 of 184
YouTube Video

Skip to about a minute in for hilarity. =')

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:21 PM Local time: Sep 13, 2010, 10:21 AM #80 of 184
:bounce:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 04:02 PM 1 #81 of 184
ATTENTION

Please wait until it is clear that Minecraft is good to update. The servers are bogged down from everyone scrambling to get the update and an influx of new players because of that Penny Arcade comic. ALSO MORE IMPORTANTLY the new update includes a fabulous GRAY SCREEN OF DEATH. Just wait it out until things are good.

You can follow the news by visiting Notch's blog and twitter or visiting the Minecraft forums.

The Word of Notch
Markus Persson (xnotch) on Twitter
Index page - Minecraft Forum - Official Minecraft Forums

In the meantime I give you this~
YouTube Video

Additional Spam:
GOOD NEWS!

Notch has fixed the gray screen of death. Delete your current minecraft.exe launcher and download the new one from minecraft.net (which has been reduced to a very basic website to offset bandwidth issues) or you might face update issues.

Also for those that don't want to pay for Minecraft but would really like to try it out Notch has made it free for this weekend as a result of all this trouble.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by FatsDomino; Sep 18, 2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:47 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2010, 01:47 AM 3 #82 of 184
Acer pointed me to the recent Notch blog entry that highlighted this fantastic fan trailer a user had made for the game on youtube. I already put it in the OP, but it's worth reposting here for the all-encompassing awesome.

YouTube Video

How ya doing, buddy?

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2010, 02:16 PM #83 of 184
BIGBLAH'S GFF CREATIVE MODE MULTIPLAYER SERVER GET IN HERE
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?se...6561ccc9452d32

Free to play, just sign in and open the link whoooooo
Is this long gone, or what? The link works but it just puts me in a totally generic world with no awesome sprite art or nothin'. Is it dead or do I need to do something special to get to the Fun Zone or what

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:22 AM 1 #84 of 184
LOOK AT THIS SHIT

YouTube Video

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

LIAR
AND ITS-A ME, WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Member 77

Level 22.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:09 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2010, 09:09 AM #85 of 184
That guy needs to review more games.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:17 PM #86 of 184
Is this long gone, or what? The link works but it just puts me in a totally generic world with no awesome sprite art or nothin'. Is it dead or do I need to do something special to get to the Fun Zone or what
Oh, I have no idea what's going on there. Probably has something to do with there being an actual SMP server on gamingforce.org which I have no idea if anyone is actually using it. I have two SMP servers right now. The main one I have modifications and access to kits and the second one is more vanilla made primarily for Boo to flex his skills without any "cheating". If you'd like to check out either of these then give me a PM.

Also, big update coming around Halloween.

http://www.minecraft.net/boo/

Scary new monsters, fish, torches that run out (rumor is current torches will be changed into lanterns which don't run out), a hell zone for transporting across long distances, biomes, and more! Watch as notch just adds pumpkin helmets and says he's too busy to complete it all.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Oct 5, 2010 at 12:21 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:48 PM #87 of 184
I've been running a minecraft SMP server for a few friends for the past month or so and we've built some pretty cool things, I've gone and made a map of it..

If anyone would like to see it in person (in game) just PM me and i'll give you the info :P Thoughts would be good to hear.

As for the Halloween update.. Thats a whole lot of work for Notch to do in a month and if it goes through it'll be the biggest update in minecraft history. Looking forward to it.

FELIPE NO

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2010, 07:06 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2010, 01:06 AM #88 of 184
I heard that the geezer who made this is currently earning around $350,000 a day and a lot of other developers are realising that this kind of game might be the way forward. Not sure how true it is but rumours like this are generally based on something.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2010, 07:21 PM #89 of 184
Yeah I think that number's a bit inflated but at $10/pop and 300,000 or so copies actually paid for he's doing pretty well for himself. I'm not sure Notch's decision to turn the whole thing into some massive venture is the best decision though, as well-loved as Minecraft is could there possibly be that much of an untapped market left for it? It's a great little thing but I don't think it's something that could ever really see "mainstream" success. No amount of patches is going to change the fact that Minecraft really has no endgame and there's no compelling goal underlying all the dig dig get diamond.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:01 PM #90 of 184
I think Notch probably will finish Minecraft one day with only small updates every now and then valve style afterward and then make another game. That's probably one reason why he's set up a company.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:31 PM #91 of 184
So I bought the game a few days ago and the one thing that sticks out most for me is the random level generation. It is very clever and makes some interesting things happen. I thought the first world I started in was pretty. I spawned basically between a beach next to an almost flat ocean (it seems more like a very large bay) and a mountain, on the other side of which is a pair of pretty waterfalls and some large arching caverns. Very cool.

Then I start a second world and I get this:
Spoiler:

This is where I spawned: in a very deep canyon. I shoehorned the n00b-house into a side that wasn't all sandy, dug out the coal that was right out in the open, found some trees and threw torches everywhere. At night the whole thing is lit-up very nice.

Before long I decided my mission should be to core out all or as much of the stone as possible and make the whole thing my home. What I didn't think about was the fact that the stone peeks out of the dirt (as you can see to the left of my sword) so I ended up digging out a few places in the cavern's immediate vicinity. Remember how I said the random level generator is awesome?

That's a HUGE fucking waterfall that keeps going into a pit.

According to Cartographer, my immediate vicinity is all basically peaks and valleys, though this one looks the best and I think I'm making another house up here.
My main (and honestly small) gripe with the game is that sunlight works only as if the sun was straight up in the air the whole day. I realize that's a lot of rendering power but I'd like to save my torches plzkthx

I also hate skeletons. They're pretty scary if you find them underground.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 2, 2010, 05:14 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2010, 01:14 PM 1 #92 of 184
Props to mo0sis for finding this, it's pretty neat~

YouTube Video

Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Nov 2, 2010, 06:44 AM Local time: Nov 2, 2010, 11:44 AM #93 of 184
Did he fuck with the monster spawn rate in the newest update or what

I started a new world and so far every time I've emerged after sunrise I've been beset by 5+ creepers

How ya doing, buddy?
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:07 PM #94 of 184
YouTube Video

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:17 PM 2 #95 of 184
Fuck that spergy noise

YouTube Video

FELIPE NO
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:16 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2010, 06:16 AM #96 of 184
A panorama of a district of a large city me and my pals on our server have been working on:

The entire city looks like this from above:

Spoiler:

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:33 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2010, 04:33 PM #97 of 184
Update from the Notchblog: Minecraft will move to beta on December 20, at which point the price will go up. So, if you haven't bought it by now, but have been thinking about it, now's a pretty good time to take the plunge!

(Then again, I'm sure every single person on GFF has already bought it. So tell your friends!)

Minecraft will reach Beta status on December 20th, 2010.

With Beta comes a larger focus on polish and content, and we’ll start early on with adding proper modding support with a stable API, and we’d love all input we can get on this from the modders out there. We’ll also add some kind of non-intrusive narrative to the game to help drive the game experience early on, and to provide some kind of late game goal. There will be a bigger focus on testing and stability as well, with more time between updates.

When the game enters beta, the price will rise to 14.95 Euro.

We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.
Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.

Soon, you will be able to buy gift codes for Minecraft, perfectly timed for the holidays! Even better, if you buy those before December 20, accounts created from these codes will count as alpha accounts, and will receive all future updates for free.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:00 AM Local time: Dec 12, 2010, 01:00 AM #98 of 184
Are any of you guys still playing Minecraft? I was pretty busy with various things when it was popular at first and I guess I'm kinda tempted to buy it now after looking through all this stuff again.

Also, I like the concept that you can pay to get into the beta and then you won't get the full game when it's released.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 04:24 AM #99 of 184
I still run a server and I still play online every now and then.

I hope notch gets SMP up to date with single player features so that he can work on getting more cool stuff into the game.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Dec 12, 2010, 05:07 AM Local time: Dec 12, 2010, 02:07 AM #100 of 184
I play Minecraft, but I only really like the survival mode. Since the health and inventory are currently bork in multiplayer, I only play singleplayer. When these things get implemented in multiplayer, I could host my own server or join one of yours.

Here's my skin page FWIW.

Tags
diamonds, punch trees e'erday, sssssssssssssssssssssssss, this tag is now diamonds

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] ERRYDAY MINECRAFT